ohio-state.edu!
 caen!usenet.coe.montana.edu!masscomp!peora!tarpit!tous!bilver!dona
Newsgroups: alt.alien.visitors
Subject: Blue Book Unknowns pt 3/6
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
From: [email-masked] (Don Allen)
Date: 17 Jan 92 02:20:18 GMT
Organization: W. J. Vermillion - Winter Park, FL
Lines: 529

-------Bluebook Part 3 -----------------------------------------------

       silver object, shaped like a long pear with two or three squares
       beneath it, flew at 150-180 kts.  (170-210 m.p.h.), while a
       smaller object, delta-shaped or swept back, flew around it at
       1,000-1,500 kts.  (1,150-1,700 m.p.h.).  Seen by crews for 1-4
       minutes.

       July 23, 1952; Altoona, Pennsylvania.  12:50 p.m.  Witnesses:
       two-man crews of two USAF F-94 jet interceptors at 35-46,000'
       altitude.  Three cylindrical objects in a vertical stack
       formation flew at an altitude of 50-80,000'.  Seen for 20
       minutes.

       July 23, 1952; South Bend, Indiana.  11:35 p.m.  Witness:  USAF
       pilot Capt. H. W. Kloth. Two bright blue-white objects flew
       together, then the rear one veered off after about 9 minutes.

       July 24, 1952; Carson Sink, Nevada. 3:40 p.m. Witnesses:  two
       USAF Lt. Colonels McGinn and Barton in a B-25 bomber. Three
       silver, delta-shaped objects, each with a ridge along the top,
       crossed in front of and above the B-25 at high speed, in 3-4
       seconds.

       July 26, 1952; Washington, D.C. 8 p.m. until after midnight.
       Witnesses:  radar operators at several airports, airline pilots.
       Many unidentified blips tracked by radar all over Washington
       area, at varying speeds.  Pilots spotted unidentified lights.

       July 26, 1952; Kansas City, Missouri. 12:15 a.m. Witnesses:
       USAF Capt. H. A. Stone, men in control towers at Fairfax Field
       and Municipal Airport. One greenish light with red-orange
       flashes was seen for 1 hour as it descended in the northwest from
       40* elevation to 10* elevation.

       July 26, 1952; Andrews AFB, Maryland. This was a continuation of
       the extensive sightings and radar tracking reports reported
       throughout the Washington, D.C. area, all night long.

       July 26, 1952; Kirtland AFB, New Mexico. 12:05 a.m. Witness:
       Airman lst Class J.M. Donaldson. Eight to ten orange balls in a
       triangular or V-formation flew very fast for 3-4 seconds.

       July 26, 1952; Williams, California.  Case missing from official
       files.

       July 27, 1952; Selfridge AFB, Michigan. 10:05 a.m. Witnesses:
       three B-29 bomber crewmen on ground.  Many round, white objects
       flew straight and level, very fast.  Two at 10:05, one at 10:10,
       one at 10:15, one at 10:20.  Each was seen for about 30 seconds.

       July 27, 1952; Wichita Falls, Texas. 8:30 p.m. Witnesses:  Mr.
       and Mrs. Adrian Ellis. Two disc-shaped objects, illuminated by a
       phosphorus light, flew at an estimated l,000 m.p.h.  for 15
       seconds.

       July 28, 1952; Heidelberg, West Germany. 10:20 p.m. Witnesses:
       Sgt. B.C. Grassmoen, WAC Pfc. A.P. Turner. One saucer-shaped
       object having an appearance of light metal and giving off shafts
       of white light, flew slow, made a 90^ turn and climbed away fast
       after 4-5 minutes.

       July 28, 1952; McGuire AFB, New Jersey. 6 a.m. Witness:  Ground
       Control Approach radar operator M/Sgt. W.F. Dees, and persons in
       the base control tower.  Radar tracked a large cluster of very
       distinct blips.  Visual observation was of oblong objects having
       neither wings nor tail, which made a very fast turn and at one
       time were in echelon formation.  Entire episode lasted 55
       minutes.

       July 28, 1952; McChord AFB, Washington. 2:15 a.m. Witnesses:
       T/Sgt. Walstead, S/Sgt. Calkins of the 635th AC&W Squadron. One
       dull, glowing, blue-green ball,.the size of a dime at arms'
       length, flew very fast, straight and level.

       July 29, 1952; Osceola, Wisconsin.  1:30 a.m.  Witnesses:  radar
       operators on ground, pilot of F-5l Mustang in flight. Several
       clusters of up to 10 small radar targets and one large target.
       Small targets moved from southwest to east at 50-60 kts.  (60-70
       m.p.h.), following each other.  The large one moved at 600 kts.
       (700 m.p.h.).  One hour total time.  Pilot confirmed one target.

       July 29, 1952; Langley AFB, Virginia. 2:30 p.m. Witness:  USAF
       Capt D.G. Moore, of military air traffic control system.  One
       undescribed object flew at an estimated 2,600 m.p.h., below
       5,000' altitude, toward the air base for about 2 minutes.

       July 29, 1952; Langley AFB, Virginia. 2:50 p.m. Witnesses:  Mr.
       Moore, Gilfillan electronics representative W. Yhope. One radar
       target tracked moving away, stopped for 2 minutes, again moved
       very, very fast.  Four minutes.

       July 29, 1952; Merced, California.  3:44 or 4:35 p.m.  Witnesses:
       Herbert Mitchell and one employee.  One dark, discus-shaped
       object, trailed by a silvery light 2 lengths behind, tipped on
       its side, dove, hesitated and then circled very fast during the 2
       minute sighting.

       July 29, 1952; Wichita, Kansas. 12:35 p.m.  Witnesses:  USAF
       shop employees Douglas and Hess at Municipal Airport. One bright
       white circular object with a flat bottom flew very fast, and then
       hovered 10-15 seconds over the Cessna Aircraft Co. plant, during
       the 5 minute sighting.

       July 29, 1952; Ennis, Montana. 12:30 p.m.  Witnesses:  USAF
       persons, alerted that UFOs were coming from the direction of
       Seattle, Wash. Two to five flat disc-shaped objects:  one
       hovered 3-4 minutes, while the others circled it.  Sighting
       length of 30 minutes not explained further.

       July 30, 1952; Albuquerque, New Mexico. 11:02 p.m. Witness:
       USAF lst Lt. George Funk. One orange light remained stationary
       for 10 minutes.  No further details in files.

       July 30, 1952; San Antonio, Texas. 10 a.m. Witnesses:  E.E. Nye
       and one other person.  One round, white object flew slow and then
       sped away after 20-30 minutes.

       Aug. 1, 1952; Lancaster, California.  1:14 a.m.  Witnesses:
       sheriff's deputies and other persons, one named Mallette. Two
       brilliant red lights hovered and maneuvered for 5 minutes.

       Aug. 2, 1952; Lake Charles, Louisiana. 3 a.m. Witnesses:  USAF
       lst Lt. W.A. Theil, one enlisted man.  One red ball with a blue
       flame tail flew straight and level for 3-4 seconds.

       Aug. 4, 1952; Phoenix, Arizona. 2:20 a.m.  Witness:  USAF
       A/3c W.F. Vain. One yellow ball which lengthened and narrowed to
       plate shape, flew straight and level for 5 minutes.

       Aug. 4, 1952; Mt. Vernon, New York. 11:37 a.m. Witnesses:  one
       woman, two children.  One object, shaped like a lifesaver or
       donut, emitted black smoke from its top and made a 15' arc in 1.5
       minutes.  Observed for 2 hours.

       Aug 5. 1952; Haneda AFB, Japan. 11:30 p.m.  Witnesses:  USAF
       F-94 jet interceptor pilots lst Lt. W.R. Holder and lst Lt. A.M.
       Jones, and Haneda control tower operators.  Airborne radar
       tracked a target for 90 seconds.  Control tower operators watched
       50-60 minutes while a dark shape with a light flew as fast as 330
       kts.  (380 m.p.h.), hovered, flew curves and performed a variety
       of maneuvers.

       Aug. 6, 1952; Tokyo, Japan. This is a continuation of the Haneda
       AFB sightings.

       Aug. 6, 1952; Port Austin, Michigan.  Case missing from official
       files.

       Aug. 7. 1952; San Antonio, Texas.  9:08 a.m.  Witness:  Mrs.
       Susan Pfuhl. Four glowing white discs:  one made a 180* turn,
       one flew straight and level, one veered off, and one circled
       during the 70 minute sighting.

       Aug. 9, 1952; Lake Charles, Louisiana. 10:50 a.m. Witness:
       USAF A/3c J.P. Raley. One disc-shaped object flew very fast and
       then hovered for 2 seconds during a 5-6 minute sighting.

       Aug. 13, 1952; Tokyo, Japan. 9:45 p.m.  Witness:  USAF Marine
       Corps pilot Maj. D. McGough. One orange light flew a left orbit
       at 8,000' and 230 m.p.h., spiralled down to no more than 1,500',
       remained stationary for 2-3 minutes and went out.  An attempted
       interception was unsuccessful.

       Aug. 18, 1952; Fairfield, California.  12:50 a.m.  Witnesses:
       three policemen.  One object changed color like a diamond, and
       changed directions during the 30 minute sighting.

       Aug. 19, 1952; Red Bluff, California.  2:38 p.m.  Witness:
       Ground Observer Corps observer Albert Lathrop. Two objects,
       shaped like fat bullets, flew straight and level, very fast for
       25 seconds.

       Aug. 20, 1952; Neffesville, Pennsylvania. 3:10 a.m. Witnesses:
       Bill Ford and two others. An undescribed object flew at 500'
       altitude for several minutes.  No further data in files.

       Aug. 21, 1952; Dallas, Texas. 11:54 p.m.  Witness:  Jack Rossen,
       ex-artillery observer.  Three blue-white lights hovered then
       descended; 1.5 minutes later, one of them descended more.

       Aug. 23, 1952; Akron, Ohio. 4:10 a.m.  Witnesses:  USAF 2nd Lt.
       H.K. Funseth, a ground radar observer, and two U.S. Navy men.
       One pulsing amber light was seen to fly straight and level for 7
       minutes.

       Aug. 24, 1952; Hermanas, Mexico. 10:15 a.m.  Witness:  Georgia
       Air National Guard F-84G jet fighter pilot Col. G.W. Johnson.
       Two 6' silver balls in abreast formation, one turned grey
       rapidly, the other slowly.  One changed to long grey shape during
       a turn.  Sighting lasted about 10 minutes.

       Aug. 24, 1952; Tucson, Arizona. 5:40 p.m.  Witnesses:  Mr. and
       Mrs. George White. One large round, metallic, white light with a
       vague lower surface, flew slowly, then fast With a dancing,
       wavering motion, for about 1 minute.

       Aug. 24, 1952; Levelland, Texas. 9:30 p.m., 10:30 p.m.
       Witnesses:  Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Sharp. One object, shaped like a
       spinning top, changing color from red to yellow to blue, and with
       a fiery tail, hovered for 20 minutes, whistling, then flew away.
       It, or another like it, returned an hour later.

       Aug. 25, 1952; Pittsburg, Kansas. 5:35 a.m.  Witness:  radio
       station musician William Squyres. One dull aluminum object,
       shaped like two meat platters, face to face, estimated at 75'
       long, 45' wide, and 15' thick.  Through a window in the front
       section shone a blue light; the head and shoulders of a man could
       be seen.  The mid section had numerous windows through which
       could be seen some kind of regular movement.  A series of small
       propellers were spaced close together along the outer edge of the
       object, revolving at high speed.  The object was hovering about
       10' above the ground, 100 yards off the road, with a slight
       rocking motion.  It then ascended vertically with a sound like a
       large covey of quail starting to fly at the same time.
       Vegetation showed signs of having been disturbed under the
       object.

       Aug. 25, 1952; Holloman AFB, New Mexico. 3:40 p.m. Witnesses:
       civilian supervisor Fred Lee, foreman L.A. Aquilar. One round
       silver object flew south, turned and flew north, made a 360 turn
       and flew away vertically after 3-5 minutes.

       Aug. 26, 1952; Lathrop Wells, Nevada. 12:10 a.m. Witness:  USAF
       Capt. D.A. Woods. One large, round, very bright object with a
       V-shaped contrail having a dark cone in the center, flew very
       fast, hovered, made an instantaneous 90 turn, followed by a
       gentle climb and finally sudden acceleration.

       Aug. 28, 1952; Chickasaw and Brookley AFB, Alabama. 9:30 p.m.
       Witnesses:  USAF control tower operators, officer from USAF
       Office of Special Investigations, and others.  Six objects,
       varying from fiery red to sparkling diamond appearance, hovered,
       flew erratically up and down for 1 hour and l5minutes.

       Aug. 29, 1952; Colorado Springs, Colorado. 8:35 p.m. Witness:
       pilot C.A. Magruder. Three objects, 50' in diameter, 10' high,
       aluminum with red-yellow exhaust, flew in trail at estimated
       1,500 m.p.h.  for 4-5 seconds.

       Aug. 29, 1952; west of Thule, Greenland (77' N., 75* 15' W.)
       10:50 a.m.  Witnesses:  two U.S. Navy pilots flying a P4Y-2
       patrol plane.  Three white disc-shaped or spherical objects
       hovered, then flew very fast in a triangular formation, in 2-3
       minutes.

       Sept. l, 1952; Marietta, Georgia.  10:50 p.m.  Witness:  ex-AAF
       B-25 gunner. Two large white disc-shaped objects with green
       vapor trails flew in trail formation, merged, flew away very
       fast.

       Sept. 1, 1952; Marietta, Georgia.  10:30 p.m.  Witness:  one
       unidentified person using binoculars.  Two large objects shaped
       like spinning tops and displaying red, blue and green colors,
       flew side by side, leaving a sparkling trail for 30 minutes.

       Sept. 1, 1952; Atlanta, Georgia. 9:43 p.m.  Witnesses:  Mrs.
       William Davis and nine other persons.  One light, similar to the
       evening star, moved up and down for a long period of time.

       Sept. l, 1952; Marietta, Georgia.  10:30 p.m.  Witnesses:  Mr.
       Bowman (ex-artillery officer) and 24 others.  A red, white, and
       blue-green object which spun and shot off sparks for 15 minutes.

       Sept. 1, 1952; Yaak, Montana. 4:45 a.m.  Witnesses:  Visual
       sighting by two USAF enlisted men, radar tracking seen by three
       men using AN/FPS-3 radar set. Two small, varicolored lights
       became black silhouettes at dawn; flew erratically.  One hour.

       Sept. 2, 1952; Chicago, Illinois.  3 a.m.  Witness:  radar
       tracker Turason (ground controlled approach) at Midway Airport.
       40 targets flew in miscellaneous directions, up to 175 m.p.h.
       Two seemed to fly in formation with DC-6 airliner. Total of
       8 hours.

       Sept. 3, 1952; Tucson, Arizona. 99 a.m.  Witnesses:  civilian
       pilots McCraven and Thomas. One shiny, dark ellipse made three
       broad, curving sweeps in 1.5 minutes.

       Sept. 6, 1952; Lake Charles AFB, Louisiana. l:3O'a.m.
       Witnesses:  T/Sgt. J.E. Wilson and two enlisted men.  One bright
       star-like light moved about the sky for 2 hours.

       Sept. 6, 1952; Tucson, Arizona. 4:55 p.m.  Witnesses:  ex-
       Congresswoman Mrs. Isabella King and Bill McClain. One orange
       teardrop-shaped object whirled on its vertical axis, descended
       very fast, stopped, retraced its path upwards, while whirling in
       the opposite direction.  1.5 minutes.

       Sept. 7, 1952; San Antonio, Texas. 10:30 p.m. Witnesses:
       chemist J.W. Gibson and others. One orange object or light (the
       color of 2,000' F.) exploded into view.  Seen for from 3-20
       seconds by various observers.

       Sept. 9, 1952; Rabat, French Morocco. 9 p.m. Witness:  E.J.
       colisimo, a civilian illustrator with USAF Intelligence. One
       disc with lights along part of its circumference, flew twice as
       fast as a T-33 jet trainer, in a slightly curved path for 5
       seconds.

       Sept. 12, 1952; Allen, Maryland. 9:30 p.m.  Witnesses:  Mr. and
       Mrs. David Kolb, of the Ground Observer Corps, using binoculars.
       One white light with a red trim and streamers flew northeast for
       35 minutes.

       Sept. 13, 1952; Allentown, Pennsylvania.  7:40 p.m.  Witness:
       private pilot W.A. Hobler, flying a Beech Bonanza. One object,
       shaped like a fat football, flaming orange-red color, descended
       and then pulled up in front of the witness' airplane.  Seen for 2
       seconds.

       Sept. 14, 1952; Santa Barbara, California. 8:40 p.m. Witness:
       USAF C-54 transport pilot Tarbutton.  One blue-white light
       travelled straight and level, then went up.  Seen for 30 seconds.

       Sept. 14, 1952; North Atlantic, between Ireland and Iceland.
       Witnesses:  military persons from several countries aboard ships
       in the NATO "Operation Mainbrace" exercise.  Among the sightings:
       one blue-green triangle was observed flying 1,500 m.p.h; three
       objects in a triangular formation gave off white light exhaust at
       1,500 m.p.h.

       Sept. 14, 1952; White Lake, South Dakota. 7 p.m. Witness:
       Ground Observer Corps observer L.W. Barnes, using binoculars.
       One red, cigar-shaped object, with three puffs behind it, flew
       west, then south, and then was gone.  Seen 30-40 minutes.

       Sept. 14, 1952; Ciudad Jaurez, Mexico. 11:30 p.m. to 1:20 a.m.,
       Sept. 15. Witnesses:  consulting engineer R. J. Portis and three
       others.  Six groups of 12-15 luminous spheres or discs, which
       flew in formations varying from arcs to inverted-Y's, very fast.

       Sept. 14, 1952; Olmstead AFB, Pennsylvania. Time not known.
       Witness:  pilot of Flying Tiger Airlines airplane N67977. One
       blue light flew very fast on a collision course with the
       airliner.  Note:  the summary card attached to the file showed
       completely different information.

       Sept. 16, 1952; Portland, Maine. 6:22 p.m.  Witnesses:  crew of
       U.S. Navy P2V Neptune patrol plane, visually and via radar.  A
       group of five lights was seen at the same time a long, thin blip
       was being tracked on radar.  Note:  consideration was given to
       this being USAF KC-97 airplanes involved in a refueling
       operation.  The sighting involved 20 minutes.

       Sept. 16, 1952; Warner-Robbins AFB, Georgia. 7:30 p.m.
       Witnesses:  three USAF officers, two civilians.  Two white lights
       flew abreast, at 100 m.p.h., for 15 minutes.

       Sept. 17, 1952; Tucson, Arizona. 11:40 a.m.  Witnesses:  Mr. and
       Mrs. Ted Hollingsworth. Two groups of three large, flat, shiny
       objects flew in tight formations:  the first group slow, the
       second faster.  Seen for 2 minutes.

       Sept. 23, 1952; Gander Lake, Newfoundland, Canada. No time
       shown.  Witnesses:  Pepperell AFB operations officer and seven
       other campers.  One bright white light, which reflected on the
       lake, flew straight and level at 100 m.p.h.  for 10 minutes.

       Sept. 24, 1952; Charleston, West Virginia. 3:30 p.m. Witnesses:
       crew of USAF B-29 bomber. A lot of bright, metallic particles or
       flashes, up to 3' in length, streamed past the B-29 for 15
       minutes.

       Sept. 26, 1952; 400 miles NNW of Azores Islands. 11:16 p.m.
       Witnesses:  pilot, copilot, engineer and aircraft commander of
       USAF C-124 transport plane. Two distinct green lights were seen
       to the right and slightly above the C-124, and at one time seemed
       to turn toward it.  The lights alternated leading each other
       during more than 1 hour of observation.

       Sept. 27, 1952; Inyokern, California.  10 p.m.  Witnesses:  two
       couples, using a 5x telescope.  One large, round object, which
       went through the color spectrum every 2 seconds, was seen to fly
       straight and level for 15 minutes.

       Sept. 29, 1952; Rochester, England.  3:55 p.m.  Witnesses
       unknown, but report came via the Rochester Police Dept. Two flat
       objects hovered for 3 minutes, and then sped away.

      Sept. 29, 1952; Southern Pines, North Carolina. 8:15 p.m.
       Witnesses:  U.S. Army Res. lst Lt. C.H. Stevens and two others.
       One green ellipse with a long tail orbited for 15 minutes.

       Sept. 29, 1952; Aurora, Colorado.  3:15 p.m.  Witness:  USAF
       T/Sgt. B.R. Hughes. Five or six circular objects, bright white
       but not shiny, circled in trail formation for 5-6 minutes.

       Oct. 1, 1952; Shaw AFB, South Carolina. 6:57 p.m. Witness:
       USAF lst Lt. T.J. Pointek, pilot of RF-8O reconnaissance jet. One
       bright white light flew straight, then vertical, then hovered,
       and then made an abrupt turn during a 23 minute attempted
       intercept.

       Oct. 1, 1952; Pascagoula, Mississippi.  7:40 p.m.  Witnesses:
       Mr. and Mrs. C.C. McLean and one other person.  One round,
       milky-white object, shaped like a powder puff, hovered for 5-10
       minutes then flew away very fast in an arc.  A loud blast was
       heard at the start of the 22 minute sighting.

       Oct. 7, 1952; Alamagordo, New Mexico. 8:30 p.m. Witness:  USAF
       Lt. Bagnell. One pale blue oval, with its long axis vertical,
       flew straight and level for 4-5 seconds, covering 30 in that
       time.

       Oct. 10, 1952; Otis AFB, Massachusetts.  6:30 p.m.  Witnesses:
       USAF S/Sgt., two other enlisted men.  One blinking white light
       moved like a pendulum for 20 minutes, and then shot straight up.

       Oct. 17, 1952; Taos, New Mexico.  9:15 p.m.  Witnesses:  Four
       USAF officers One round, bright blue light moved from north to
       northeast at an elevation of 45* for 2-3 seconds and then burned
       out.

       Oct. 17, 1952; Killeen, Texas. 10:15 p.m.  Witnesses:  Ministers
       Greenwalt and Kluck. Ten lights, or a rectangle of lights, moved
       more or less straight and level for 5 seconds.

       Oct. 17, 1952; Tierra Amarilla, New Mexico. 11 p.m. Witness:
       one military  person (no detail).  One white streamer moved at an
       estimated 3,000 m.p.h.  in an arc for 20 seconds.  No further
       details in files.

       Oct. 19, 1952; San Antonio, Texas. 1:30 p.m. Witness:  one
       ex-USAF aircrewman Woolsey. Three circular aluminum objects, one
       of which was olive-drab colored on the side, flew in a rough
       V-formation. One object flipped slowly, another object stopped,
       during the 3-4 minute sighting.

       Oct. 19. 1952; 500 miles south of Hawaii. 6:58 p.m. Witnesses:
       crew of USAF C-50 transport plane.  One round yellow light, with
       a red glowing edge, estimated at 100' in diameter, flew at
       300-400 kts.  (350-450 m.p.h.) for 20 seconds.

       Oct. 21, 1952; Knoxville, Tennessee.  No time given. Witnesses:
       persons at airport weather station.  Six white lights flew in a
       loose formation for 1-2 minutes, and made a shallow dive at a
       weather balloon.

       Oct. 24, 1952; Elberton, Alabama.  8:26 p.m.  Witnesses:  USAF
       Lt. Rau, Capt. Marcinko, flying a Beech T-ll trainer. One
       object, shaped like a plate, with a brilliant front and vague
       trail, flew with its concave surface forward for 5 seconds.

       Oct. 29, 1952; Erding Air Depot, West Germany. 7:50 a.m.
       Witnesses:  USAF S/Sgt. Anderson, A/2c Max Handy. One round
       object, silhouetted against a cloud, flew straight and level and
       smooth at 400 m.p.h.  for 20 seconds.

       Oct. 31, 1952; Fayetteville, Georgia. 7:40 p.m. Witness:  USAF
       Lt. James Allen. One orange, blimp-shaped object, 80' long and
       20' high, flew at treetop level, crossed over Allen's car (at
       which time his radio stopped playing), then climbed out at 45'
       and tremendous speed at the end of a 1 minute sighting.

       Nov. 3, 1952; Laredo AFB, Texas. 66:29 p.m.  Witnesses:  two
       control tower operators, including Lemaster. One long,
       elliptical, white-grey light flew very fast, paused, and then
       increased speed during a 3-4 second observation.

       Nov. 4, 1952; Vineland, New Jersey.  5:40 p.m.  Witness:
       housewife Mrs. Sprague. Two groups of 2-3 whirling discs of
       light flew toward the southeast over a period of 30 seconds.

       Nov. 12, 1952; Los Alamos, New Mexico. 10:23 p.m. Witness:
       security inspector.  Four red-white-green lights flew slowly over
       a prohibited area for 15 minutes.

       Nov. 13, 1952; Opheim, Montana. 2:20 a.m.  Witness:  radar
       tracking by USAF 779th AC&W station.  An unexplained track was
       followed for 1 hour, 28 minutes, at 158,000' altitude (30 miles)
       and a speed of 240 m.p.h.  Radar was FPS/3 (PPI).

       Nov. 13, 1952; Glasgow, Montana.  2:43 a.m.  Witness:  U.S.
       Weather Bureau observer Earl Oksendahl. Five oval-shaped
       objects, with lights all around them, flew in a V-formation for
       about 20 seconds.  Each object seemed to be changing position
       vertically by climbing or diving as if to hold formation.
       Formation came from the northwest, made a 90* overhead, and flew
       away to the southwest.

       Nov. 15, 1952; Wichita, Kansas.  7:02 a.m.  Witnesses:  USAF Maj.
       R.L. Wallander, Capt. Belleman, A/3c Phipps. One orange object
       (a blue streak?) varied in shape, as it made jerky upward sweeps
       with 10-15 second pauses during a 3-5 minute sighting.

       Nov. 24, 1952; Annandale, Virginia.  6:30 p.m.  Witness:  L.L'
       Brettner. One round, glowing object flew very fast, made right
       angle turns and reversed course during a 1 hour sighting.

       Nov. 27, 1952; Albuquerque, New Mexico. 12:10 p.m. Witnesses:
       pilot and crew chief of UAAF B-26 bomber. A series of black
       smoke bursts (4-3-3-4-3), similar to antiaircraft fire, was seen
       over a 20 minute period.C. 12:30 a.m. Witnesses:  radar

       Nov. 30, 1952; Washington, D.C. l
       operators at Washington National Airport. Radar trackings
       similar to those of July 26, 1952.

       Dec. 8, 1952; Ladd AFB, Alaska.  8:16 p.m.  Witnesses:  pilot lst
       Lt. D. Dickman and radar operator lst Lt. T. Davies in USAF F-94
       jet interceptor (s/n 49-2522).  One white, oval light which
       changed to red at higher altitude, flew straight and level for 2
       minutes, then climbed at phenomenal speed on an erratic flight
       path.  Sighting lasted 10 minutes.

       Dec. 9, 1952; Madison, Wisconsin.  5:45 p.m.  Witnesses:  Capt.
       Bridges and lst Lt. Johneon in USAF T-33 jet trainer. Four
       bright lights, in diamond formation, flew at 400 m.p.h.  and were
       passed by the T-33 at 450 m.p.h. during the 10 minute sighting.

       Dec. 28, 1952; Marysville, California.  Case missing from
       official files.

-------Continued in Bluebook Part 4 ------------------------------------

Don

-- 
-* Don Allen *-               // Only   | Are you ready for SETI?
Internet: [email-masked]  \X/ Amiga   | Oct 12,1992 - ET comes to NM
UUCP: .........uunet!peora!bilver!dona  | The *real* "October Surprise"
Psi-Tech and alien brain-wave research -- Whats going on at Los Alamos?