Subject: "watched"

From: "D.M.Templeton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 13:31:42 +0000

here is probably an extremely cheesy attempt to write an 
X-files/Highlander crossover. i have a lot of free time so i'll try to do 
better next time.  how the characters know each other i'll leave up to 
you (for now). please e-mail me and let me know what you think.@8^D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
usual diclaimer thingy here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emile leaned against the car, idly rubbing the violet tattoo on her left 
wrist.  `I wonder if this'll ever fade...' she mused, a wry smile on her 
lips.  "Come on, Mulder, you haven't got forever, y'know." she muttered.  
The hair on the back of her neck started to rise.  Casually, she looked 
to her right, then to her left, behind her... She saw him motioning to 
her from the mouth of the alley.  No emotion on his face, just the slight 
beckoning hand.  She looked around again for Mulder.  He still wasn't 
there.  Cautiously, she crossed the street, keeping an eye on the 
young-looking immortal before her.

"Yes?" she said, thinking about curiosity and the cats' demises, as she 
stepped into the alley where he waited.

"Message for you...Horton knows." he brushed his curly brown hair off his 
forehead, flashing a tattoo identical to hers.

"Just me?" she asked, a sudden grim and angry look of hatred twisting her 
beautiful face.

"Unsure.  Judas says to trust no one."  He started to turn away but 
stopped when she grabbed his arm.

"I thought one of the MacLeods did for Horton.  Where is he now?" Her 
grip was far stronger than appearances would make one think.  The "boy" 
couldn't shake her off.

"On his way."  The "boy" held her gaze for a few seconds.  She let him go 
and hurried across the street to where Mulder stood, watching the exchange.

"What was that about?" he asked, looking down into Emile's eyes.

"Just some friend of my sister's from Baltimore." she replied, knowing 
he'd know it was a lie but daring him to challenge her about it.

"Oh.  Ready to go?"  Something in his eyes said that the matter wasn't 
closed.

"As I'll ever be." she said as she got into the car.  Mulder closed the 
door behind her and crossed to the driver's side.

"Then let's go." he said as he buckled his seat belt. "Time's a-wastin'."

The youthful immortal watched them drive off.  There were six soft sounds 
and then a thump as the body hit the pavement.  Two men in tan trenchcoats
stuffed the body into a van parked nearby...a plain white van with 
government plates.

Apparantly, someone else knew, too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
okay, it's dodgy and not x-file-y enough yet but i'm working on it. just 
be patient and ignore the typos. thanks, d

[email-masked]       "I'd rather be a teapot than
                                      a long drink of water."-me