Subject: A Few Questions

From: [email-masked] (E.X. Vanhensbergen )
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 91 22:31:54 -0500

My friends and I are working on the power glove to try to connect it to
the PC based on the byte magazine.  However, we've just recently begun
monitoring this confrence and virtual worlds and found out about hi-res
mode (which I assume is an analog interface bypassing the box).  I have
looked over the earlier messages of the last message archive and it seemed
no-one had cracked the encryption of the data.  So I pose the following
questions:
1) Is hi-res mode an analog mode of the glove?
2) Does someone have plans & source for hires on the PC?
3) Does anyone have any detailed PowerGlove schematics (how it
   actually works)?
4) I read something about external 5V power supplies not working
   and if this is true what is suggested to use for a power suppy
   for a laptop with only a serial, parrellel, modem, and VGA port and
   no other easy access to other sources internal (drive power, etc.)?
 
             Thanks in advance for your help,
                     Eric Van Hensbergen
                       R.I.T.