Subject: Muddy gloves

From: [email-masked] (Ken Bibb)
Date: Sun Oct 13 15:33:18 1991

I'm not a MUD expert, but I've always been interested in implementing a real-
time multi-user virtual reality dungeon.  I've been involved with frp since
79 and had a campaign that lasted 7 years with a group of 14 players.

The important thing would be to provide the illusion--not to simulate--the
experience.  Too many programmers/researchers spend too much time trying to
make microdetail simulations when crude simulations would be sufficient.  I
see the glove as a tool that could lead to some interesting games/work
environments.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1991 09:07:30 -0500

Ken Bibb writes - 
>79 and had a campaign that lasted 7 years with a group of 14 players.

Well, I've been into FRP since '72. Published and everything. :->

>see the glove as a tool that could lead to some interesting games/work

Got to agree. I`ve been looking at a glove based "sword" interface to a
dungeon for quite a while. Multiplayer through computer networking/modem is
a definite goal. 

What we need is a group of folks in a small eough geographic area to get
together and develop something. Considering how I've seen people jump as
critters step around corners while playing a game like Dungeon Master, I
can imagine this type game would be quite popular and addictive. I've just
always been to busy to do it myself:->