Subject: ST timing?

From: [email-masked] (John D Beutel)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 91 19:53:32 EDT

I'm working on a timer/interrupt driven hi-res interface for the ST,
to free up the CPU.  I've got the timer/interrupt part working
(finally...), but the data packet from the glove is sometimes
out of sync.

Specifically, it sometimes shifts so that A0 and X are the
last bytes of the packet, sometimes A0 is the last byte,
and sometimes A0 is the first byte (like it should be).
Manfredo's suggestion of quickly making a fist or pressing
the center button both work to bring A0 back to the first
byte, but it goes out of whack too frequently (about once
per minute) to rely on that manual solution.  I suspect
it's a timing problem, as Greg Alt mentioned when he did
the PC version, but I tried changing the /7 to a /5 and /6
in the delay() macro (as he did) and it didn't help.

Has someone gotten the ST source to give them the packet
in the proper order?  I know it DOES work for Manfred Krauss,
and it doesn't work for several other people on this list
who've tried it on their ST's.  Who else with an ST is
getting the packets in the right order?  Did you change
the code?  Did it just work?  Is there some timing difference
in the hardware between different types of ST's?

I'll try changing the times of various parts of the protocol,
(especially reducing the delay times, since Greg's machine
is faster than mine), but I'd rather not guess.

--
J. David Beutel  11011011  [email-masked]  "I am, therefore I am."