Subject: I Very Much Would Like A Hardware Solution!

From: [email-masked] (Brian Totty)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 91 14:41:39 CDT

There has been lots of excitement about the new Hires code for the
	ST/PC that has been posted.  People asked if a hardware solution is
	still desirable...

	YES!

	I personally would much prefer a hardware solution.  I want to
	hook the glove up via a serial port to a variety of workstations.
	I don't want to have to try to write precise timing UN*X device
	drivers for the glove.  The ideal hardware solution would have a
	low part count, easily accesible parts, be reliable and relatively
	low cost.  Greg Newby has put some time in thinking about glove
	"boxes".  Last I heard he was dealing with some legal stuff.  We
	were talking about fabbing some PC boards & possibly releasing a kit.
	I am still very much interested in this approach.

	By the way, how is the newsgroup idea progressing.  There has been
	quite a barrage of mail recently, so I'd love to see this thing turned
	into a newsgroup.

							--- Bri

   /                       Brian Totty             o o
  /__  __  o     Department of Computer Science     o  
 /  / /   /          1304 W. Springfield Ave       \_/  "We have corn in
/__/ /   /               Urbana, IL 61801                Massachusetts too!"
                        [email-masked]