Subject: newsgroups

From: [email-masked] (Ken Bibb)
Date: Tue Oct 15 13:05:13 1991

Why not have two groups?  comp.periphs.glove and sci.virtual-worlds.entry
to cover the concerns that have been discussed?  The first would be glove
only stuff (the equivalent of this group) and the second could be for
low end virtual reality work.

---

From: James Helman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 91 13:43:15 -0700

How about a slightly more general group name that could encompass
other 3D input devices, e.g. ultrasonic trackers, flex sensors, flying
mice, etc., and perhaps even "output" devices, e.g., display and
feedback devices.  Basically, the group would a way to disseminate
information about rolling your own devices for VR.

I'd propose: comp.periphs.vr or sci.virtual-worlds.periphs.

-jim

Jim Helman					Lab:  (415) 723-9127
Stanford University				FAX:  (415) 591-8165
([email-masked]) 			Home: (415) 593-1233

"The power of the computer is locked behind a door with no knob."
							-B. Laurel