Subject: Question about the PG

From: [email-masked] (Ralph Roland)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 91 00:17:19 -0400

Bieng new to this group, I was hoping somebody could answere 
a question for me...

I just purchased a PowerGlove, and have been playing around with
the Hires Code made available on this list, and have been
experiencing the following problem:

  When the Glove is centered and held at arms length pointing
  toward the center of the 'sensor-array' x-y-z are reading
  0,0,0 (close enough anyway).

  If I then bend my arm at the elbow (towards the left), rotating
  the glove around the z-axis (theoretically keeping the glove 
  'on' the x-y plane), the x-coord decreases (as it should),
  the z-cooord increases (as it should), but the y-coord also
  increases.

  The y-coord increases to about 0x30 by the time the sensors are
  out of the Field-of-View of the glove.

  If the same procedure is followed, except the rotation is to the
  right (much harder on the elbow I might add), the y-coord decreases
  in a similar manner.

This finally brings me to my question:

Does the PowerGlove *ALWAYS* screw-up the Y-coordinate, or did
I just manage to purchase a flakey unit?

Thanks in Advance for any light you may be able to shed...

Ralph Roland