Subject: IBM Hires code

From: david <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Oct 91 18:20:44

Greetings from sunny Tassie !

I've produced yavotpgc -  Yet Another Version Of The Power Glove Code, and
I'll be posting it in the next few days.

 Advantages :
    o   No assembler
            has own hi resolution timing in C only.

    o   Autocalibrating timing [works on XT and AT so far - 486 code is
            already available]

    o   works on slow machines
            XT (even 4.77Mhz)
       and  AT (16 M)

    Also - the hardest part is to get the glove into hires mode - actually
    reading the glove is no real strain - So just use either a TSR which
    you slap with an INT to fire up hires mode, then use your favourite
    language from there, or - as I do, execute a hires exe at the beginning
    of the entire session.

PS
    Does anybody have any autocalibrating "read byte" code in turbo pas 6.0 ?
    This is for a student "toy", and they only know turbo pas - but I can
    exchange you for a drawing program one of then did which uses the glove,
    but which has hardcoded timing built into the glove unit.

Thankyou

___________________________________________________________________________
David Ford                                        Voice :   +61 02 49 6887
Claremont College                                 Fax   :   +61 02 49 1984
Link Rd                             email : [email-masked]
Claremont   TAS 7011
AUSTRALIA            The Internet : "Wherever you go...  There you are..."
                                                           Buckaroo Banzai