Subject: Power Glove - Amiga - Interface hints please.

From: Michael Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 91 00:45:18 -0700

I've been following this list for a while, and I finally got a glove to
try and hook to my Amiga. I have never really played around with hardware,
so I am not quite sure how to go about making a connector for the glove. 
I think I can handle the amiga side, but what I am not sure about is how
to wire the connector to the powerglove side. Do I have to solder it to
the nintendo connector or something? Please help me with this, and when you
explain, please be very clear and explicit. I tried to get the amiga hires
code working, but I think that my interface to the nintendo side was very
bad. While I'm at it, I noticed that there is only one piece of code 
availiable for the Amiga and glove on  the archive at karazm.math.uh.edu
I'm sure there must be more out than this. If you have any code for the
Amiga at all, including older lores code, please post it to the karazm
archive (in /pub/VR/Sources I think) or mail it to me. I would sure
appreciate it. My friend has the Amazing Computing powerglove article, but
neither of us has a modula-2 compiler. Can someone who has that code
either post it or mail it to me? Thank you very much for the help.

Looking forward to 3-d input,

				Michael

				[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 91 09:08 MDT

The common method of glove-interface requires you to find a Nintendo
extender cable.  That's about the only way to find those funky 7-pin
connectors.  You need to hook up your computer to the short glove
cable that normally plugs directly into the nintendo joystick port.

Of course, nobody around here carries extender cables anymore.  When I
asked around at toy stores, they suggested I use the new wireless
extenders, heh heh.

My actual interface hack on the glove side is just a bunch of wires
that I plug directly into the holes in the female glove connector.
I used non-stranded wires of the correct guage (I dunno which guage I
use) and they just insert into the nintendo connector and fit snugly.
I color-coded them so I know how to re-insert them if I ever remove them.
So I as able to do the interface without destroying the glove connector
and without finding an extender cable.