Subject: PC Hires Code - timing !

From: david <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Oct 91 18:10:00

I'm trying to get the hires powerglove code to go, but I've
hit what looks to be a timing problem.  Could you answer a few questions
for me regarding the HIRES code for PC's

    1. What does the glove "do" when it's in hires mode ?
            does it beep when it enters the mode ?
            what do the lights do ?

    2. Is the timing in the hires setup code critical, and if so, within
        what errors do I have to work ?

    3. Has anybody produced assembler to read the glove in hires, and
        also to switch off all other interrupts, and autocalibrate ?

            There's some problems with the code that was posted - primarily
            to do with setup overhead on the while loops - Not all of
            us have 486's with hi speed long division and subtraction etc...

            I'm using a 16M 286 AND a friend is using a 10M XT !  So we've
            got to have portable code that autocalibrates and runs OK on
            either machine.  We may even end up writing some assembler module
            to do it for us, but we'd rather not do something anyone else
            has done.

Thankyou

___________________________________________________________________________
David Ford                                        Voice :   +61 02 49 6887
Claremont College                                 Fax   :   +61 02 49 1984
Link Rd                             email : [email-masked]
Claremont   TAS 7011
AUSTRALIA            The Internet : "Wherever you go...  There you are..."
                                                           Buckaroo Banzai