Subject: eyephone projects

From: Dave Stampe-Psy+Eng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 91 10:57:32 -0400

I would be interested to hear descriptions of any homebrew eyephone
projects that have been completed.  What diplays are you using?
Monochrome or color?  Binocular or monocular?  Field of view?
Optics?  Are you monitoring the user's head positon?  Weight?
I'm trying to get an idea of the level of sophistication that
is currently being used, for use in future postings.

Please post to the list, as I'm sure others care too!

- Dave Stampe

---

From: Francis Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 91 13:49:33 -0700

The folks at Reflection Technology are showing a gizmo with a welder's
helmet and two Private Eyes.  They stuck a Polhemus on top, and
they're running a flight simulator game.  It's pretty neat. It's
featherweight compared to VPL Eyephones. The contrast is AWESOME, but
the resolution and field-of-view are so-so.  

Disclaimer: I used to work at Reflection Technology and I worked on it
before I left.