Subject: Re: Results of STRAW-POLL (fwd)

From: Bernie Roehl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 91 10:52:36 EST

> > comp.virtual.mouse (for flying meeces)

Perhaps comp.virtual.bats?  :-)

> Personally, I would prefer the creation of a comp.periphs.glove group

The thing is, once we've got the PowerGlove software fully operational
on a range of platforms, there really isn't much need for either a group
or a mailing list.  Now, a mailing list fading away once its job is done
is no problem, but newsgroups tend to be longer-lived.  I'd like a name
that reflects a broader-based (and longer-duration) area of interest.
Perhaps something about 3-D pointing devices in general?  Gloves, head-
mounted displays that track your head movements, datasuits, etc etc.

-- 
	Bernie Roehl, University of Waterloo Electrical Engineering Dept
	Mail: [email-masked] OR [email-masked]
	BangPath: watmath!sunee!broehl
	Voice:  (519) 885-1211 x 2607 [work]

---

From: J Eric Townsend <jet>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 91 10:28:01 CST

>or a mailing list.  Now, a mailing list fading away once its job is done

There are other gloves, and there will continue to be other gloves...

-- 
J. Eric Townsend - [email-masked] - Systems Wrangler, UH Dept of Mathematics
vox: (713) 749-2126  '91 CB750, DoD# 0378, TMRA# 27834  AMA# I-forget
PowerGlove mailing list: [email-masked]
"allow users to create more impactful documents" -- from an Apple press release