Subject: Re: Glove Problems AND ALT.POWER-GLOVE anyone??

From: [email-masked] (Nik Conwell)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 91 11:48:34 -0400

[email-masked] (Anthony Squier) writes:

>[email-masked] (Nik Conwell) writes:
>> When I start the code up, I get values for the x y z rot finger (etc) stuff.
>> I'm not sure if this stuff is valid or not, not knowing what a valid run has
>> in it.  Then, after a few seconds, all I seem to be getting in is 0xff, and
>> other runs of the characters.  The glove still works ok, and the directional
>> leds light up occasionally.

>My lights don't appear to be acting normally, but the glove does start giving
>data for a few seconds then hangs with 0xff like you described. I have to
>unplug it and start over.

Did you also try glove stuff?  I found that pressing start, and then making
a fist a few times, and then centering the glove, and pressing center seems to
help sometimes.  Perhaps the glove 'times out' or something like that, when
you don't make a fist (or something) within a short amount of time.  What does
everyone else do when they fire it up??

Also:  Does anybody have any software, or knowledge of how to relay a mailing
list to a newsgroup (and the other way too).  As has been mentioned before,
the traffic seems to warrant a newsgroup.  Why not make an alt.power-glove (we
can vote on a decent name if need be), and also mirror it to the mailing list,
so that non alt sites can get at the info too.  Can this relaying from list
to newsgroup be done anywhere or does it have to be done at the site where
the mailing list is done from??  If not, and this software works with NNTP,
without needing news admin, etc. stuff, then I guess I'm willing to run it
here.  Getting all this stuff in mail is a bit of a pain, when it seems to be
more newsgroup related.  Any comments??
-nik
--
[email-masked]