Subject: Soae 3/4/93

From: [email-masked] (Phil Powell)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1993 05:32:24 GMT

** Soae **
  3/4/93

"The blood of the innocent on the hands of the guilty" --Me

Delays. I Hate Delays.  They Suck!! Consequently REX Records let me know
the other day that BELIEVER's album, "Dimensions", has been delayed due to
distribution problems.. needless to mention I'm not happy.  So
consequently I have nothing to listen to - I still don't have MENTAL
DESTRUCTION despite my writing Metal Cross Productions and their
distributor in San Francisco.. and the debut by BRAINCHILD is on CD and I
have only heard one song.. and that only leaves me with old tapes and the
new DIE HAPPY release "Volume II" (and it bites major league! You were
right, whoever said they sold out, they big-time sold out and I don't
understand how you can tune your guitars down to D and Still sound lighter!!)

I need music.

But on with the news..

ZTV is a new cable network out of all Christian music.. metal bands
featured on the first broadcast night included BRIDE, GUARDIAN and
NOVELLA.. ZTV started on 3/1/93...

Speaking of GUARDIAN, guitarist Tony Palacios will be joining his old band
once he finished his tour as guest guitarist for Michael W. Smith's band,
about the time for the band's new album due out this month (and argh! I
forgot the name of the album and cannot research in ftp due to the link
going bad or something - this ain't my night!)

RITUAL is currently on a compilation album put out by Relapse Records
entitled "From Heaven To Hell"... you can order the CD through your
Relapse Records order forms in most albums put out by guess who...

Dutch doom thrashers SCULPTURE will enter the studio the first week of
June for their 2nd release.. their current first release is "Enter The
Kingdom" and write to them at: Sculpture, c/o W. A. Nihot, P.O. Box 1039,
2410 CA Bodegraven The Netherlands..

Australian pop... sike.. brutal thrashers PARAMAECIUM will go into the
studio in April.. the release is called "Exhumed of the Earth", and it is
a follow-up to their debut, "Silent Carnage".. the band had broken up last
year when Andrew Tompkins wanted to form an alternative-progressive band. 
However, Paramaecium has indeed reformed and will be recording new material...

ZADOK, the grindcore outfit from Puerto Rico, will be recording their
debut demo late April/early May.. 

Texas death metallers OBLATION have their old demo from early 1992
available.. any information on Oblation can be referred to James Rankin of
"Slaughtered Corpse" Magazine at: P.O. Box 999, Aledo, TX  76001.

THE TERMINAL GENERATION is a new band considered to be "post-industrial
funk death", and they are also known as "America's Scariest Band"... other
new bands include MIDNIGHT HOUR, a new Skid Row-style band from Omaha,
SERAPH, a hard rock/metal band from Memphis TN, and HOLY COUNTDOWN,
another hard rock band from Iowa.. also new on the scene include two new
death metal bands, APATHY, from Virginia Beach VA, and HEAR O ISRAEL, from
Colorado..

And don't forget about the most brutal summer experience you'll have:
Cornerstone '93! Appearing live and in brutality include: BELIEVER,
TOURNIQUET, THE CRUCIFIED, MORTIFICATION, DELIVERANCE, LIVING SACRIFICE,
CIRCLE OF DUST, BRAINCHILD, ORDAINED FATE, BRIDE, GUARDIAN and REZ.. also
appearing will be THE RISEN, CONSECRATOR, DROP DEAD, RECLUSE CHANT, GOUGE,
SCIZM, REDEMPTION, FINAL JUDGEMENT and many more! July 1-4.. go or you're nuts!

One band that will not be at C-Stone this year will be PRECIOUS DEATH..
drummer Roger Sampson informed me that they are taking a year off from
touring outside of L.A. to work on their new material, in the
jazz/blues/groove metal vein, much softer than their previous material..
their new demo will be out this summer also, and congratulations to Roger
and guitarist Andy Koehler on getting wives for themselves!

Also congratulations to Indianapolis brutal band DROP DEAD for inking a
deal with Foundations 3000 Records.. this is the same label that such
bands as Gorefest are found...

Maryland hard rock band E.R. broke up recently with drummer Peter
Oestheimer joining another MD band THE ELECT.. 

Although BELIEVER's album may be delayed, other new albums expected to
come out are still in the works, including the 2nd by BETRAYAL, the 2nd by
DETRITUS, SEVENTH ANGEL's 3rd one and MORTIFICATION's 3rd one, and a maxi
single of LIVING SACRIFICE/CIRCLE OF DUST/BRAINCHILD by COD's Scott Albert..

** End of Soae **

[Note: If you're a Branch Dravidian reading this, there is only room for
one God in this world, and your clown ain't him! GET A CLUE!]

Phil
Editor, Screams of Abel (and Soae)

--
   The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
     North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information
        Technology, or the Experimental Bulletin Board Service.
           internet:  laUNChpad.unc.edu or 152.2.22.80