Subject: SOAE 2/18/93
From: [email-masked] (Phil Powell)

** Soae **
  2/18/93

Man oh man! Computers crashing, my mailer destroyed, every calamity you
can imagine, and I'm STILL posting this thing! HA! Is that Brutal Dude
Upstairs beyond Beyond or what? If you don't think so, you can just die!
(sorry, Suaron influence! haha)

Thanx to Darrik, Collin and Jason, this thing is back in business -
although my mailer is still gone (don't send me mail until next week, please)

The News:

Prof. Brian Russ of the Univ of CA at San Diego compiled a list of Top
Metal Albums of 1992 from around the world.. and TOURNIQUET tied with
Danzig for "Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance" at #38 making top Christian
album.. other chart toppers included KING'S X at #53, LIVING SACRIFICE at
#62, BRIDE at #67, CIRCLE OF DUST at #74, DIE HAPPY at #83, VENI DOMINE at
#100, MORTIFICATION at #122, UNDER MIDNIGHT at #132 and DELIVERANCE and
SARDONYX tied at #138..

Randy Rose, drummer of MAD AT THE WORLD, has formed his own side band -
ROSE.. featuring heavier styles of music along the lines of Motorhead,
Danzig and Suicidal Tendencies.. their debut album "Healing" is now out in
stores on Intense Records.. 

Also coming out in stores soon on B.A.I. Records is the thrash group XL..
formerly a rap group, XL has changed their style to heavy rap and thrash,
like mixing Anthrax and Body Count.. XL's new album "Sodom and America",
will be out in March... also look for them on select tour spots with THE
CRUCIFIED..

DIG HAY ZOOSE will have a new album in March.. 

The old Florida pop metal band ARSENAL is back! With lineup changes but
retaining their singer Christine Steel, Arsenal has changed their sound to
more power metal a la Warlock and Sanctuary.. also the members are helping
out the new Sanctuary church in Tampa Bay, the one that sponsored that
concert with Obituary, Morbid Angel and FINAL PROPHECY.. last Halloween..
oh, and also look for a member of OVERDRIVE to be joining ARSENAL in the
near future..

FINAL JUDGEMENT will work on their debut album next week! Right after
releasing their second demo "Drastic Dose of Reality", bassist Todd Davis
informed me that the band will go into the studio next week to record
"Desolating Sacrilege" on Anastasia Records, a small indie label to be
distributed by R.E.X... their music is now described as a mix between
early Slayer and tribal drum rhythms.. weird!

Jon Reich of REDEMPTION updated me on the big SACRED WARRIOR "breakup"
mess.. according to "The Reich", Sacred Warrior had broken up some time
ago, for a while, but have reformed.  He sat in on one of their practices
a week ago and they are excited about a possible tour of Germany coming up
in a few months, and plan to go into the studio after their German tour..
they have also a new bassist, Mike Gros.. and their sound is still the
same, a la Queensryche..

[address for Brody: DBM, c/o Timo Juvonen, Kaenkuja 19c11, 67800 Kokkola,
FINLAND]

And speaking of DBM, they  have a new demo out called "Decade of
Decadence".. see above address for more information..

BRIDE will be in Keyser, WV on Sat. Feb. 27.. see me for more
information.. also Baltimore 3-piece glam band SHOWDOWN will be at
Treasure's on March 6.. Treasure's is in Mt. Airy, MD.. grunge rock band
MARS HILL has their demo available for $5 (contact me for more information)..

** End of SOAE **
Phil
.

--
   The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
     North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information
        Technology, or the Experimental Bulletin Board Service.
           internet:  laUNChpad.unc.edu or 152.2.22.80