Subject: SOAE 2/11/93
From: [email-masked] (Phil Powell)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1993 05:50:05 GMT

** SOAE **
  2/11/93

"The blood of the innocent on the hands of the guilty"

Well, I am halfway done typing up Screams of Abel Magazine on the Mac..
things are cool.. and I hope the guy who stole my hard disk loses all his
memory to an irreversible virus... Loving? Forgiving? Sure, but the
punishment is due.. 

Maybe I'm a bit touchy because one of the first bands I liked in Christian
heavy metal broke up recently.. I was the first to crack the story on
SACRED WARRIOR nearly 6 years ago when they were an unknown band with an
obscure demo "The Heavens Are Calling" and also on this tape-trading
compilation containing other ancient bands including TEMPEST and RAGE OF
ANGELS (note: for you trivia freaks, 2 of the members of ROA went to join
Steelheart).. but I digress.. I was working as a staff writer for Rizzen
Roxx Magazine and got this hot lead on a new band - Sacred Warrior.. they
said, "They sound like Queensryche" - naturally I said, "I got the
interview! Anybody else who gets it before me dies!" Since I got it first
(i.e., nobody died), I felt an accomplishment: I got Sacred Warrior
discovered.. oh well, they're gone now.. the drummer, Tony Velazquez, is
rumored to be joining Ohio glam rockers L.O.U.D... 

Ok, now that I'm through lamenting.. (and watching 90% of Internet hit "n"
all at once)...

Congrats to THE CRUCIFIED drummer Jim Chaffin on becoming a daddy! He and
his wife Stacy had a bouncing baby... something! (Terry, what was it
again? Stop laughing).. scary thought that Jim would have a kid.. YEEEK!

I hope this is the last time I have to post this: There WILL be a Split 7"
after all with Maryland death metallers THE RISEN and Florida grindcore
band ROYAL ANGUISH... The Risen will have "Mortal Decay" while Royal
Anguish will have "Deny The Corpse".. the split 7" will be on A.R.T.
Records.. this is in response to earlier reports that there would be no
split EP and then no split 7" was planned...

Screams of Abel Magazine will be out shortly (anybody got a laser scanner?
heh) with interviews with MORTIFICATION, LIVING SACRIFICE, SEVENTH ANGEL,
DISCARNATED, FINAL JUDGEMENT and many more.. an in-depth look at the
phenomenon of death metal and of course, plenty of reviews.. for more
info: Screams of Abel, P.O. Box 2861, Springfield, VA  22152-2861 USA..

It's official!!! MORTIFICATION will be playing Cornerstone '93 this
year!!! They will be joining TOURNIQUET, THE CRUCIFIED, BELIEVER (!!!),
REZ and BRIDE.. smaller bands will also be playing the smaller stages
including THE RISEN, RECLUSE CHANT, REDEMPTION, DROP DEAD, CONSECRATOR and
OVERDRIVE.. a hot rumor is that Dutch death metallers DECISION-D, now on
Nuclear Blast, may also play Cornerstone '93 and be joined by British doom
metallers SEVENTH ANGEL..

Official CRASHDOG tour Itinerary (you heard it here first folks!) below..
check out the Chicago-based blues/punk band:

Feb 13 - Minneapolis MN
Feb 20 - Muskegon MI
Feb 21 - Battle Creek MI
Mar 5 - Anna IL
Mar 6 - Toledo OH
Mar 7 - Detroit MI (t)     (t) - tentative
Mar 12 - Dallas TX
Mar 13 - Austin TX
Mar 14 - Corpus Christi TX
Mar 18 - Ft. Lauderdale FL (t)
Mar 19 - Merritt Island FL (t)
Mar 20 - Tampa FL (t)
Mar 21 - Orlando FL (t)
Mar 27 - Lafayette IN

BRIDE will be in Fredericksburg VA on Friday Feb 26.. more details
coming.. Maryland grunge band MARS HILL will be at Max's on Broadway on
Monday Feb 15 in Baltimore MD.. JESUS FREAKS will be playing with FINAL
JUDGEMENT and THE RELEASED on Fri Feb 19 at the Fire Escape in Ozark AL
(for more info call 205-774-1075)..

FINAL JUDGEMENT's demo "Drastic Dose of Reality" will be available through
Mootown Records Mail Order (for info write to: FJ, 3530 Ashford-Dunwoody
Suite 119, Atlanta GA  30319)..

** ONLY 20 MORE DAYS TIL BELIEVER, "DIMENSIONS" **

** END OF SOAE **

Phil

--
   The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
     North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information
        Technology, or the Experimental Bulletin Board Service.
           internet:  laUNChpad.unc.edu or 152.2.22.80