Subject: Watcher v7
From: [email-masked] (Lupo the Butcher)
Date: 31 Mar 1993 15:09:21 -0600
Newsgroups: alt.satanism

T H E   W A T C H E R
                           =====================

                  NEW ZEALAND VOICE OF THE LEFT HAND PATH

                  P.  O.  Box 38-262, Petone, Wellington
----------------------------------------------------------
May 1991CE                                                              No.  7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        IRAQ & THE NEW WORLD ORDER

        Although this journal has warned that Europe may one day have to
once again face Islam (as in days of old) we cannot get too excited about
the victory over Iraq conducted in the name of Bush's "New World Order."
        The war had a number of parallels with World War II:  Both were
fought in the interests of plutocracy and Zionism, with moralizing slogans
of 'democracy' and 'the rights of small nations; to the fore.  Both
involved territorial disputes which were local rather than world problems
(i.e.  Poland and Kuwait) used as moral justification for war to disguise
the covert purposes.  Both took on holy war aspects (and in the case of the
recent war, not only from the Moslem side), with the aim of unconditional
surrender.  Allegations of 'war crimes' have been made against Iraq for
propaganda purposes, a stratagem of proven success for Zionism, and
suggestions have even been made for a Nuremberg-style show-trial against
Hussein (in accordance with Talmudic vengeance rather than Western legal
and chivalric principles).
        The defeat of Iraq has demonstrated that no departure from the
plans of the New World Order will be tolerated.  Far from the war being
fought against communism.  The Axis and Iraq were very definitely genuine
dangers to the New World Order; but apparently not so communism.
        It should also be noted that Bush himself is a member of the Order
of the Skull & Bones, a Yale Masonic/Illuminati-style fraternity which -
unlike other Uni.  frats.  - continues to function among their initiates
after graduation.  The Order has included America's most powerful
businessmen, politicians and policy advisors since the 19th Century, and is
derived from the Old Wealth Puritan-Jewish alliance which was created as
the result of the 17th C.  Cromwellian Revolution, and manifested again in
the form of the Balfour Declaration, was again activated against Iraq, as
the aims of the so-called Eastern Establishment of the USA and Zionism
converged.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                     'NEW AGE' AND THE NEW WORLD ORDER

        It is a symptom of the decline of a Civilization that all manner of
alien cults suddenly gain popularity among a rootless populace no longer
able to recognize the destiny of its civilization as a part of their own
Being.
        Today, the West, in its end-phase, embraces the alien cult as
readily as Rome in its end-phase.  One major manifestation of this in the
West today is the growth of the 'New Age' movement which, despite the
enormous range of cults it embodies, does have a common aim.
        The Christian fundamentalists and their political allies on the
Right condemn the New Age movement as 'Satanic', of course, as they do all
beliefs not of their own, including even the Catholic Church and its Pope
(identified as the Anti-Christ by many!).
        From the perspective of the Satanist himself a quite different
picture naturally emerges.  That embraced by the New Agers is definitely
not 'Satanic', as any Satanist would describe it, but does have major
convergences of thought with christianity.  Whatever their parentage and
inspiration, the broad aim of the New Age cults is one of Universal
Brotherhood and the World Government - New World Order - the concept
implies.  The concept is quite contrary to the elitist, individualist and
aristocratic tradition of Satanism.  Indeed it is classifiable as one of
what Nietzsche called the herd ideologies and religions, a part of the
revolt of the Under-Man against all that is noble and superior; the
metaphysics of the herd, just as Bolshevism is the politics of the herd,
seeking to draw all down to a universal common denominator of drab
uniformity.
        Many of the New Age cults recognise Jesus as a 'Master', if not the
one and only master of traditional christianity.  Consequently, all the
egalitarian, weak-kneed unwordly slush of biblical christianity is often
regurgitated in one form or another by numerous New Age cults.
        NZ is awash with these cults as most other Western societies.  In
this article we shall consider case studies of several of the principle
ones operating here.

BRAHMA KUMARIS WORLD SPIRITUAL UNIVERSITY

        Founded in 1937 it is based on Raja Yoga, and claims about 1600
centres in 50 countries.
        The founder and late spiritual leader is referred to as Adi Dev
Brahma (The First Deity) and Prajapita Brahma (The Father of Humanity, a
business man who claimed to have been Krishna in a previous incarnation),
and taught that his soul and that of Shiva had combined as One, The World
Father.
        Since 1969 the soul of Shiva and Prajapita has communicated to the
world through the mediums of the Brahma Kumaris.  The two souls combined
are called bap Dada.
        The promotional literature of the cult claims that it "does not
seek to be another religion, or replace any." However, as we can already
see by their above peculiar conceptions of the godhead, this is not the
case.  Once the newcomer is taught the simple Yoga meditation techniques he
is gradually drawn into the religious ideas of the cult, with its goal of
'union with the Supreme', its identification of its founder as a
manifestation of god, and its call for a 'New World Order', and its
prescribing of certain forms of worship for its adherents.
        The cult is on the roster of the UN Economic and Social Council,
and is affiliated to the UN Dept.  of Public Information.  Like other
internationalists, it praises the nefarious UNO as the 'hope for Mankind.'
        (Ref.  leaflet, You'd be surprised how easy it is to learn Yaja
Yoga; Yaja Yoga for beginners by Ken O'Donnell 1987; Adi Dev:  The First
man, Jagdish Chander, 1981).

ALICE BAILEY'S CULTS

        The Theosophist Alice Bailey founded several New Age cults, namely
World Goodwill, The Triangle Centres, Lucis Trust, and the Arcane School.
these are particularly internationalist and politically orientated.
        These teach the instructions of the 'Ascended Masters', who control
human affairs, and whose Earthly dispensation is approaching.  (It is a
characteristic of New Age occultism that anyone who claims leadership in
the movement does so in the name of 'Ascended Masters').  They invoke the
return of Christ, and avidly promote the UNO and the establishment of a New
World Order via the UNO.  Among the literature distributed by World
Goodwill is the Purposes & Principles of the UN.
        The Arcane School was established in 1923 for the purposes of
meditation and spiritual training.  Like most New Age cults it claims to be
non-sectarian and non-political, although its actions and ideas contradict
such claims.
        The Triangles began in 1937 to stimulate 'right human relations',
and are organized as units of three linked into a worldwide network.
        World Goodwill was organized in 1932 for the purpose of the
'practical application of the principles of goodwill,' to 'establish right
human relations.' It is recognised by the Office of Public Information of
the UN, and is represented regularly at briefing sessions of the UN.  The
stated aim is an 'interdependent world society.'
        The World Goodwill Newsletter is politically internationalist.  It
uses the 'perpetual crises scenario' to establish internationalist
solutions to problems such as war, pollution and poverty, a strategy often
used by internationalists.
        In a Triangles pamphlet The World Religion the levelling creed of
world brotherhood and universal 'oneness' with 'the Father' is preached, as
in biblical christianity.  The world is awaiting the reappearance of the
World Teacher (Christ, Maitreya, Mahdi, etc.).
        As part of the international parcel a 'world religion' is
advocated, by the 'fusion of faiths'.
        We are told that the 'Spiritual Hierarchy' of the Hidden Masters of
the Trans-Himalayan Lodge has been drawing closer to humanity in recent
years, and this is responsible for the concepts of universal brotherhood
and a 'universal faith'.
        The approach of humanity to god is a responsibility taken on by
self-appointed "new Group of World Servers", who have taken it upon
themselves to 'lead humanity towards a new and better civilization', by
drawing down the presence of spiritual beings, and acting on the minds of
people through 'the energy of synthesis or universality', to tap spiritual
energies; a subversion of individual free-will.
        The 'spiritual energy' sent out by the World Servers will be
transformed into 'thought energy', impacting upon the collective psyche of
mankind; a kind of spooky mass brainwashing - mental subversion - which
presumably is intended to lead to uniformity of opinion and the abolition
of free-thought, the cherished aim of all internationalists, from the
Bolshevik commissar to the UN bureaucrat.

THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY

        The history of the Theosophical Society is too familiar and readily
available to merit an outline here.  We shall just touch on the
internationalist strand which runs through this, as it does with the other
New Age cults we have considered.
        TS claims to be free of dogma, but with the crucial exception that
it excepts as indisputable fact of nature the 'Brotherhood of Man'.
        Theosophy is a synthesis of world religions and philosophies.
"Central to the concern of Theosophy is the desire to promote understanding
and brotherhood among people of all races, nationalities, philosophies, and
religions." The Theosophical synthesis 'points towards the source of unity
by ending all differences.' Theosophy aims to be the nucleus forming the
basis of this world unity.  Again the 'Hidden Masters' are invoked as the
authority.
        (Ref.  How to Study Theosophy G Hodson; Theosophy - what is it?,
Theosophy & Christianity, Probing the mysteries of existence).

CONCLUSION

        Running through the New Age movements we have considered is a
dogma, that of universalism and the egalatarianism it is invariably based
upon.
        Since such concepts are contrary to the natural law of
differentiation - Theosophical insistence to the contrary not withstanding
- they must of necessity be enforced by the Jacobin guillotine and the
Bolshevik bullet.
        From religious dogma arises political ideology, and we find various
New Age cults involving themselves politically, and serving as promotional
arms of internationalist bodies such as the UNO.
        Behind the facade of 'world goodwill', the utopian ideal of human
brotherhood, (just as with the socialist ideal of a workers 'paradise')
stands the reality of bondage which universal levelling entails.  Universal
Human Brotherhood, as history amply testifies, is not a dream but a
nightmare; free men are not equal - equal testifies, is not a dream but a
nightmare; free men are not equal - equal men are not free:  an axiom we
should constantly remind ourselves of.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                           PUBLICATIONS RECEIVED

BRIMSTONE, QUARTERLY JOURNAL OF THE ANCIENT BROTHERHOOD OF SATAN.
Annual sub.  $US18.00.  Box 660 Marstons Mills, MA 02648, USA

DARK LILY Quarterly.  6 Pounds overseas.  BCM Box 3406, London, WC1N 3XX

EXEAT, a forum to explore the forbidden.  10 Pounds; Overseas air $US35.00
Cheques and MOs payable to 'Brekekk'.  Box 109 Newport, Gwent NP6 1XZ Wales

FACTSHEET FIVE Reviews of anything & everything.  Sample $US 3.00, overseas
$7.  6 Arizona Ave.  Resselaer, NY 12144 USA.

THE BLACK FLAME, quarterly affil.  to Church of Satan.  $US12.00; Overseas
$16.00.  Box 499, Radio City Station, NY, NY 10101-0499 USA.

TO THE LEFT, Thee Ministry Ov Shaitanic Quabala.  Sample $US3; overseas $5.
Cheques and MOs payable to:  A.  Souto, Box 4546 Miami Fl.  33014-0546 USA.

TRIDENT, monthly, Embassy of Satan.  $US36; Overseas $50.  Box 666
Whitehall, Pa.  18052, USA.

THEE TEMPLE OV PSYCHICK YOUTH - EUROPEAN STATION BULLETIN, for a sample
send 3 IRCs to:  Psychick Release PCP, PO Box 26067, S-10041 Stockholm,
Sweden.

FENRIR, Journal of Satanism and the Sinister.  Cheques payable to
"Brekekk", P.O.  Box 109, Newport, Gwent NP6 1XZ Wales.  3 Pounds per
issue.

THE HERETIC, Box 2042 Fairview Heights Il.  62208 USA.  SAE or IRCs.

BALDER, journal of a Fraternity of the same name.  For membership details
send a donation to :  60 Elmhurst Rd.  Reading RH1 5HY Berkshire UK.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                       CHRISTISTS DECLINE CHALLENGE

        The OLHP's Priest in Minneapolis recently forwarded copies of our
Order's text Anti-Christ:  The Bible Reconsidered to 19 of the Deans of
USA's most prestigious Bible colleges.  Of these 19 only three replied.  We
reprint these replies below.  As our Priest comments:  "I hope their
enthusiasm to tackle the issues and their airtight logic and rationality
amuses you as much as it does me."

                               * * * * * * *

NCB
---
New College Berkeley

18 January 1991

Dear Mr. McL.

        Thank you for you letter of 7 January.  I have now had opportunity
to peruse Anti-Christ:  The Bible Reconsidered, by Faustus Scorpius, as per
your request.  You ask for some sort of rebuttal of this material.  To
provide this would require my writing a manuscript of perhaps equal length,
but this would be beyond the scope of my current time constraints.
Moreover, it would be to give this little publication more validity than it
deserves.  Instead, let me make a few, more global observations.

        (1) First and primarily, the author is often guilty of
over-interpreting the biblical materials, and this is in a variety of ways.
(1.1.) He refuses to differentiate between the many different genres with
the Bible, each of which require different interpretive approaches.  For
example, he has no appreciation for apocalyptic literature (Daniel or
Revelation) and its concerns, and therefore tries to read it as though it
were a theology textbook of some sort.  (1.2.) He demonstrates little (if
any) cultural sensitivity, particularly with regard to the ways in which
phrases and actions make sense in a cultural context foreign to our own.
For example, in his discussion of 'gouging out your right eye,' he fails to
appreciate the pervasive Semitic device of hyperbolic speech.  (1.3.) In
other ways, he reads his own cultural values back into the biblical
materials, while at the same time using exaggerated terms to make ethical
pronouncements.  "Abram's act "pimping" is an example of this problem.
(1.4.) Related to this is his often idiosyncratic understanding of
individual texts--interpretations that do not take into account their wider
literary and canonical contexts, nor the interpretations of the communities
in which those texts have been embodied.

        (2) Second, he makes assumptions about the nature of biblical
revelation and both Jewish and Christian faith that are unfounded.  He
presents us as believing things few of us actually believe; that is, by
setting up the Christian case in the worst possible way, he can then knock
it down and claim victory.  But many of his examples are nothing more than
straw men.

        (3) At the same time, he has indicated the curious and sometime
embarrassing history of the Christian church.  Perhaps it is only natural
that he has neglected to outline the narratives of the church at its best.
But it is also true that the church has not always been at its best--the
period of the Crusades being a good case in point.  There are dark periods
in the history of the church that Christians must "own" and for which
Christians must repent.  Happily, this is not the whole story, however, and
this is a hopeful demonstration of the graciousness of the God whom we
worship.  Even within the biblical materials, such as in Matthew's
genealogy of Jesus in Matt 1:1-18, we have clear affirmations that it is
even through human tragedies and unfaithfulness that God can works God's
redemption.

        I hope these few comments are useful to you.

                Sincerely,

                Joel B. Green, Ph.D.
                Academic Dean and
                Associate Professor
                 of New Testament

                                    ---

        Our Priest sent the following reply to Dr Green:
        "I received your letter of 18 January today, and quite frankly, I
am NOT satisfied with it.
        You make these vague references to Ancient Semitic figures of
speech and different genres of Bible literature whereas I basically wanted
clear explanations as to why God would send two bears out of the woods in
order to kill 42 little children simply because they made fun of His
prophet's baldness, or why He would slaughter 50,070 people simply because
a few of them sneaked a look at the Ark of the Covenant.
        Are you able to provide said explanations?  If so I would love to
hear them."
        Our priest states that this letter was not answer by Dr Green.
        I would add that Dr Green admits that a priestcraft is necessary to
interpret what is supposedly a 'holy' book offering salvation to the lowest
'prole', yet this priestly caste is obviously unable to agree on matters of
interpretation, as seen by the number of schisms arising since the Church's
foundation.  Secondly, it is christianity which lacks 'cultural
sensitivity', with its imposition of a Semitic creed on mostly non-Semitic
cultures, by sword when necessary.

                                    ---

           THE           | January 16, 1991
         MASTERS         |
        SEMINARY         |
                         | Dear Scott,
John MacArthur, Jr.      |
D.D. Litt.D.             | I have received your interesting letter of
President                | January 7, 1991 and noted the little volume
                         | you enclosed. Let me suggest that what you
Donald E. Hescott        | submitted was not a Bible treatise, but rather
B.A. B.D.                | a very Satanic interpretation of history with
Executive Vice President | Bible verses attached.
                         |
Richard L. Mayhue        | Since we have never met, and I am not sure of
B.S. M.Div. Th.M. Th.D.  | your relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ,
Vice President and Dean  | I have enclosed some material that would point
                         | you to Jesus as God, to the cross as the only
Irvin A. Busenitz        | means by which sinful man can come into an
B.A. M.Div. Th.M. Th.D.  | eternal relationship with God. Please read
Dean of Administration   | this carefully with your Bible. Your eternal
                         | destiny depends on what you do with Christ.
                         |
                         | Let me briefly say that the pamphlet you sent
                         | and the Bible cannot both be true. They are in
                         | total disagreement with one another. Over the
                         | years, I have studied scripture carefully and
                         | am confident that it is the truth of God and
                         | thus the standard by which we measure all else
                         | that is written. I commend that view to you
                         | and send along a little book "Why I trust the
                         | Bible" for your encouragement.
                         |
                         | I am praying that God will use the words of
                         | Scripture to give you clear perspective.
                         |
                         | In His Service
                         |
                         | Richard L. Mayhue, Th.D.
                         | Vice President and Dean
                         |
                         | RLM:ldm
                         | Enc.

- A letter similar to the one sent Dr Green, though a bit less blunt and
more courteous, was sent to Dr Mayhue.  Once again no reply.  -S.M.

                                    ---

                                   GRACE
                            ------------------
                            COLLEGE & SEMINARY
                            ------------------
     200 Seminary Drive * Winona Lake, Indiana 46590 * (219( 372-5100

                                        February 5, 1991

Dear Mr. McL

Thank you for the honor of responding to the booklet you enclosed, but my
schedule requires that I decline.  Any well-done church history and an
unbiased reading of the text of the Bible will deal with most of the
obvious errors that I saw at a glance.  The time and energy expended in
writing a detailed response to the many obvious errors would not be a wise
investment of my time.  I trust that you can find someone to assist you.

                                        In Christ

                                        David R. Plaster
                                        Vice President for
                                          Academic Affairs

- Cop out!! - S.M.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                            THE HEROIC SOCIETY
                                By Setnakt
                (Reprinted with permission from Brimstone)

        Recently I was offered a lot of money for some of my writing.  I
had to turn it down because I had already given my word to sell the article
to someone else for a pittance.  An acquaintance told me, "I thought you
should have taken the bucks!" "I gave my my word", I said.  "I thought you
were a Satanist".  "I am a Satanist." Then I realized my acquaintance would
never be a Satanist.  He didn't Understand that we neither lie nor cheat -
and that the use of Lesser Black Magic is to move zombies out of our way
when all else fails.  If you Understand that, then something of out word
reaches you.  Let's consider the Heroic Society:

        1.  In an Heroic Society inequality is recognized as a fact -- not
to bring about stagnation but to encourage a constant striving on the part
of all.

        2.  In an Heroic Society the state would not be idealized.  There
would be discord -- since as we sought out Higher Selves these Selves would
not always have the same goals -- but discord would be tempered with
respect.

        3.  In an Heroic Society evil would not be perpetuated.  Repeat
offenders of the laws the current society holds so dear (rapists,
murderers, child abusers, drug dealers) would be put to death.  Repeat
offenders who force their culture and religion upon others (q.v.  Aleister
Crowley Liber Oz) would suffer the same fate.

        4.  In an Heroic Society aid would flow freely to those attempting
great quests.  The government wouldn't sponsor the arts, and PBS wouldn't
have those endless telethons.

        5.  In an Heroic Society excellence would be recognised as the
goal.  Athletic or intellectual or spiritual excellence would be the goal.
This does not mean the weak are to be despised -- when the 'business as
usual' society has faded away, each man and each woman will strive to
Become more than they seem.

        6.  In an Heroic Society nothing guarantees excellence.  You don;t
get it through being born to a certain race, belonging to a certain creed
(even Satanism!), being a certain sex.  The physically challenged person
who overcomes his/her handicap is a prime example of a Hero.

        7.  In an Heroic Society isolate intelligence -- the Black Flame --
is prized above all things.  Sellers of drugs (legal and illegal),
purveyors of numbing entertainment, preachers of individuality-denying
system will disappear as nightmares in the dawn of reason.

        8.  In an Heroic Society one will seek after the mysteries.  We
will celebrate and Understand the transcendental moments of ALL cultures.
Not through some crystal-counter 'channeling', but with a careful interplay
of real research (archaeology/anthropology) and mystic insight from the
talented among us.  We will study all, accept all, but we will revel
unabashed in the pride of our own ancestral streams.  The honour of all
mankind will be Remanifest in an Heroic Society.

        9.  In an Heroic Society we will explore OurSelves and find the
full range of our voices.  By being true to ourSelves rather than to a
cultural norm (or god), our acts are freed from the heavy burden of claims
of universality, eternality, and absoluteness -- such total ponderous
oneness with the natural order -- our work becomes sparkling, free and
joyous.  The hero speaks with the justified voice -- the Ma'at Kheru -- and
his Word changes the worlds.

        This is Setnakt's vision.  If it is yours -- take it into the
depths of yourSelf -- and cast it upon the world with the strongest of your
magical might!  Magic can be in every intentional act.

                               * * * * * * *

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     |
          Equipus Spiritae           |
                                     |
SPECIAL OFFER TO WATCHER ADVERTISERS |
                                     |
                                     |
      20% discount for design,       |                 Thee
      layout and artwork for your    |             Ministry Ov
      advertisement.                 |          Shaitanic Quabala
                                     |
      Done in India ink on           | Send $1 for information or $3 for TO
      210mm X 148mm quality          | THE LEFT ( a Shaitanic journal) to:
      art paper.  This ensures       | M.O.S.Q.  P.O.Box 4546, Fl.
      optimum detail in reduced      | 33014-0546 (OVERSEAS:  $US2 for
      copy.                          | info.  $5 for TTL)
                                     |
      This offer applies to Watcher  |
      advertisers only, and is a     |
      permanent offer.               |
                ------               |                  ------
                                     |
 THE ORDER OF THE SWORD OF DAMOCLES  |           Equipus Spiritae
                                     |
announces to all interested persons  |       FOR MADE TO ORDER OCCULT
                                     |            PARAPHERNALIA
         its annually held           |
                                     |
    HALLOWEEN FEAST & BLACK MASS     |       Swords, staffs, censers,
                                     |       talismans, robes, beeswax
                                     |       candles, and more!
  Foe further information contact:   |
                                     |       We also undertake quality
             O.:S.:D.:               |       illumination and artwork
                                     |       on commission.
          c/- P.O. Box 183           |
                                     |
              Pahiatua               |     SEND FOR OUR FREE CATALOGUE
                                     |
            NEW ZEALAND              |            EQUIPUS SPIRITAE
                                     |              P.O. BOX 183
-------------------------------------|                PAHIATUA
                                     |
                                     |  All enquiries and orders will be
                                     |  dealt with discreetly and
                                     |  confidentially.
                                     |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                           LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

        I think you are a good yeast for the brew of the world.
                                Xeper & Remanifest
                                Setnakt, Priest of Set III0 USA

        I recently visited my friend M.S.  of Oulu, and had the opportunity
of browsing through some of his Collegium Satanas papers -- and they were
intriguing.  You have a powerful personal approach, and I certainly would
like to explore it further.  I'd love to study your Priesthood Course and
perhaps initiate some further correspondence.  -P.L.  Finland

        Re.  your views on Loki and Fenrir, I generally concur.  From what
I have studied, the elements of these two deities are indeed not 'evil' as
such but mischievous and essentially catalytic/cathartic.  Indeed, the
purging of the earth was set in motion by the association of Loki, Fenrir,
and Balder.
        It is something we must promote in the West:  the concept of
irrational Duality has been most detrimental to the Western psyche.  The
Western Mystery tradition I feel is one which is far more suited to
comprehending the eternal principles of cosmic laws than what we are
currently living with in our bastardized and declining culture.
                                        Fraternally, Stephen B.  Cox
                                        Balder, England

        Your Black Grimoire was great.  I've already translated some of
your rites.
        About the Satanic hysteria...  From Finnish TV came a documentary
produced by our own 'rock-music-comes-from-Satan' lunatic.  He warned
people about 'Satanist intrigue', and LaVey and the Church of Satan was in
the limelight too.
        I've published a new pamphlet called Musta Oinas (means 'Black
Ram').  It includes articles about Satanic humanism, the meaning of the
inverse pentagram, etc.  There will once again be a mixture of your
articles and our own.
        The Sanctus Templi Satanas information you published was great, but
the post office box is no longer in use.  Sanctus Templi Satanas can be
contacted by using my name and address:
                                       Markku Siira
                                       Kirkkokatu 55 C 10
                                       90120 Oulu Finland

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    |
  NEW!! FROM BRIMSTONE PRODUCTIONS  |     LEARN THE FACTS ABOUT SATAN!
                                    |
  A REVOLUTIONARY AUDIOCASSETTE -   |  BRIMSTONE quarterly is a journal of
                                    |  The Ancient Brotherhood of Satan!
                HAIL                |  Be challenged by masters of
                                    |  demonology & witchcraft!  See how
                SATAN               |  you fit in!  FREE DETAILS.
                                    |
         $9.95 POSTAGE PAID         |  Sample/$5.           1 yr./$18.
                                    |  U.S. funds payable to:
    OVERSEAS - NO EXTRA CHARGE!!    |            BRIMSTONE
                                    |            P.O. Box 660
   RUNNING TIME - APPROX. 50 MIN.   |            Marstons Mills
                                    |            MA 02648
Cheques & MOs payable to:           |  BRIMSTONE...
"Brimstone" Box 660 Marstons Mills  |  Keeps the hellfires burning!
Mass.  02648 USA                    |
                                    |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                   HELL
               By Anton Long, Order of Nine Angles (England)

        I shall be honest - Satanism has been hijacked.  By posers, by
pseudo-intellectuals and by gutless weaklings who like the glamour and
danger associated with it in the public mind but who do not have the guts
to be evil - to do dark deeds.
        These modern days so-called 'satanists' are really Nazarene scum in
disguise - worms in dead snake-skin.  They prattle on about 'morality',
puff themselves up with titles and perform verbal and intellectual
gymnastics.  They think being Satanic involves calling yourself a Satanist
and dressing up like Dracula or Mephistopheles or a vamp.
        Well, I am sick of these imposters.  Those who get a thrill from
playing the role but who never actually do anything evil, who never go to
the extremes, who never stand on the edge - or climb down to the darkness
of the pit of Hell.  Those who have never experienced the limits of
themselves in love, in war, in living - these weaklings trying so hard to
impress.
        What, then, is real Satanism all about?  First, it is about
rebellion - against the conformity of the present.  And I mean a real
rebel, a real outlaw - someone who cuts a dash, who has charisma, whose
very presence makes others uneasy (and who does not have to wear some
stupid 'costume' to do this).  Second - try something to see if you get
away with it.  If not - tough, you failed.  There are plenty of others...
If you succeed, try again, until you know your limits.  Choose a good
cause, or a bad one or no cause at all, and really live, intoxicating
yourself with life, danger, achievement.  Do not rest and never be afraid
to face the possibility of death.  But in all that you do be honourable -
to yourself.  Carry this honour with you everywhere like a favourite
concealed weapon.
        Third, learn from your experience - like you would learn from a
'bad' woman (or man) in your youth when sex was still something of a
mystery.  A real Satanist does not often do magick - they are magick by the
very nature of their dynamic, zestful existence.  It is experience which
teaches, from which you learn - you cannot learn Satanism from books
(although some may guide you aright to begin with), it cannot be taught by
'Masters' and never involves cosy little discussions with 'friends' or
others.  Anyone who accepts a 'Master' and grovels before them - however
slight that grovelling may be - is not a Satanist, just a sucker who sucks.
Accepting some 'authority' is a sign you are weak:  a sign you need
emotional crutches:  a sign you are a whimp.
        So, get off your arse, you suckers, and make Satan proud.  Learn to
do evil.
        What is evil?  All that restricts life - all that tries to
constrain the possibilities.  Doing evil means breaking these restrictions
and constraints - and taking the consequences of your actions.  Just do -
just discover, just smash the chains that hold most others in thrall, and
never bow down to anyone about anything:  smash them first, or die rather
than submit.  That way, you will learn how to live - and laugh at the weak.
        Of course this is dangerous - for others, and yourself!  Satanism
was never easy - or for whimps.

        See you in Hell!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REVIEW

CHARNEL HOUSE:  THE SATANICK MESSAGE by Christos Beest, Order of Nine
Angles (9 Pounds, $US20, cheques etc.  payable to Coxland Press, c/-
Brekekk, PO Box 109 Newport, Gwent NP6 1XZ, Wales.
        A limited edition of 33 copies, this publication is reminiscent of
both the Cthulu Mythos of Lovecraft, and Crowley's Book of the Law and
other mystical writings, although the scribe of Charnel House expresses his
own individual style.
        Those familiar with Crowley will recognise some names such as
Babalon and LAShTAL, and possibly the "prophet of Khem" referred to is
Crowley.
        The message is directed to those of Nietzschean Will, who have the
strength to usher in a New Aeon which certain energies outside th human
conceptions of time and space await.  These energies are formless, but have
manifested themselves to human awareness in the form of archetypes and
gods.  They may be approached - by those who dare - and their wisdom
partaken of through a willful moulding of the unconscious of the Adept, for
as archetypes these energies live in the unconscious of Man, ready to
re-emerge.  Those worthy shall be the kin of these forces - as befits the
Satanic doctrine - rather than the servants of masters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                       BAPHOMET :  A NOTE ON THE NAME
                     From: Order of Nine Angles, Wales

        The name Baphomet is regarded by traditional Satanists as meaning
'the Mistress (or Mother) of Blood' - the Mistress who sometimes washes in
the blood of her foes and whose hands are thereby stained.  [See 'The
Ceremony of Recalling'.]
        The supposed derivation is from the Greek - {baphe metra} and not
as is sometimes said from - {metios} (the Attic form for 'wise').  Such a
use of the term 'Mother'/Mistress was quite common in latter Greek
alchemical writings - for example, Iamblichus in 'De Mysteriis' used
[metriso] to signify possessed by the mother of the gods.  Later alchemical
writings tended to use the prefix to signify a specific type of 'amalgam'
(and some take this to be a metaphor for the amalgam of Sol with Luna in
the sexual sense).
        In the septenary system Baphomet, as Mistress of Earth, is linked
to the sixth sphere (Jupiter) and the star Deneb.  She is thus in one sense
a magickal 'Earth Gate' [qv the Nine Angles] and her reflexion (or 'causal'
as against her 'acausal' or sinister nature) is the third sphere (Venus)
related to the star Antares.  According to esoteric tradition the Antares
aspect was celebrated by rites in Albion c.  3,000 years BP - in the middle
and toward the end of the month of May and some stones circles/sacred sites
were said to be aligned for Antares.  In contrast, the sinister aspect of
the Mistress (i.e.  Baphomet) was celebrated in the Autumn and was linked
to the rising of Arcturus, Arcturus itself being related to the sinister
male aspect (second sphere of the septenary), later identified with
Lucifer/Satan.  Thus, the August celebration was a sinister hierosgamos -
the union of Baphomet with her spouse (or 'Priest' who took on the role of
the sinister male aspect).  According to tradition, the Priest was
sacrificed after the sexual union, where the role of Baphomet was assumed
by the Priestess/Mistress of the cult.  Thus, the May celebration was the
(re-)birth of new energies (and the child of union).  Tradition relates
this sinister sacred Arcturian rite as taking place once every seventeen
years.  Once again, some sacred sites in Albion are said to be aligned to
the rising of Arcturus, over three thousand years ago.  In the Middle Ages,
Baphomet became to be regarded as the Bride of Satan - and it was from this
time that both 'Baphomet' and 'Satan', as names for the the female and male
aspect of the dark side came into use (at least in the secret sinister
tradition).
        Hence the traditional depiction of baphomet - a beautiful mature
woman (often shown naked) holding up the severed head of the sacrificed
priest (usually shown bearded).
        To some extent the Templars revived part of this cult, but without
any real esoteric understanding and for their own purposes.  They adopted
Baphomet as a type of female Yeshua but with some bloody/sinister aspects -
and contrary to most accepted ideas, they were not especially 'Satanic'.
Rather, they saw themselves as holy warriors and became a military cult
with bonds of honour, although their concept of 'holy' differed somewhat
from that of the Church of the time, including as it did dark/gnostic
aspects.  Their sacrifices were in battle - and not as part of a specific
rite.
        The image of Baphomet (e.g.  by Levi) as a hermaphrodite figure are
romantic confusions and/or distortions:  essentially of the symbolic/real
union of Mistress and Priest and his later sacrifice.  The same applies to
the derivation of the suffix of Her name with 'wisdom' (and a male image at
that!) - even the confused gnostics understood 'wisdom' as female.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views expressed in signed articles are the sole responsibility of their
authors, and do not necessarily carry the endorsement of the Editor of The
Watcher or any associated group.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - CUT HERE- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

                         SUBSCRIBE TO THE WATCHER

Name_____________________________________________

Address_______________________________________________________________________

One Year (Four Issues): NZ:  $5.00; Overseas - Surface:  $6.00; Air:  $10.00
             Cheques & MOs payable to: "Realist Publications"
             P.O.  Box 38-262, Petone, Wellington, New Zealand
ADVERTISING RATES: Full page: $40.00; half page $20.00; quarter page $10.00
                   or by  exchange arrangement with other publications

IF A TICK APPEARS IN THE BOX YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IS NOW DUE [ ]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - CUT HERE- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Notes:

        The Watcher is brought to you in a slightly altered form on the
computer.  It lacks the pictures and title art of the original and has been
slightly restructured with respect to placement of advertisements and
subscription form.
        These issues of The Watcher are fairly old.  If you are considering
ordering anything from this issue it may be advisable to check out the
latest prices first.

                                 * - * - *

                    Typed in by Graeme Wilson (O.L.H.P.)

If you want more info on any OLHP productions or want more info on
Satanism, contact me via the following computer networks:

        Fidonet:  3:770/505
                  (Southern Vortex BBS, ph: +64 0-3-454-3900, 14.4k modem)
        Usenet:   [email-masked]

Also I may be contacted on other NZ BBS's:

        Alternative Reality: +64 0-3-471-0414
        Southern Lights:     +64 0-3-455-6016
        The Left Hand Path:  +64 0-3-454-5763 (my own BBS)
        Bad Dreams BBS:      +64 0-9-528-3577 (leave message to 'Lucifer')

If you wish to contact me via mail to swap texts, ideas, etc. then write
to:

                              Graeme Wilson
                              129 Scott Street
                              Waverley
                              Dunedin
                              South Island
                              New Zealand