From: "Avid Reader - Fledgling Writer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 92 12:56:17 EDT

/
   DDDDD                              ZZZZZZ                //
   D    D  AAAA RRR  GGGG OOOO NN  N      Z  I NN  N EEEE  ||
   D     D A  A R  R G    O  O N N N     Z   I N N N E     ||
  =========================================================+<OOOOOOOOO>|)
   D    D  AAAA RRR  G GG O  O N N N   Z     I N N N E     ||
   DDDDD   A  A R  R GGGG OOOO N  NN  ZZZZZZ I N  NN EEEE  ||
                                                            \\
                                                              \
  The Magazine of the Dargon Project      Editor:  Dafydd <White@DUVM>
                                          As Of:   05/15/1992

      DargonZine is an electronic magazine printing stories written for
 the Dargon Project, a shared-world  anthology similar to (and inspired
 by)  Robert  Asprin's Thieves'  World  anthologies,  created by  David
 "Orny" Liscomb in his now retired magazine, FSFNet. The Dargon Project
 centers around a medieval-style duchy called Dargon in the far reaches
 of the  Kingdom of  Baranur on  the world named  Makdiar, and  as such
 contains stories with  a fantasy fiction/sword and  sorcery flavor. At
 this  time, DargonZine  has no  plans to  publish anything  other than
 Dargon  Project stories,  but there  are several  other magazines  out
 there to satisfy this need.

 Subscription Information:
 -------------------------
      Subscribers to DargonZine will have  each new issue sent to their
 userid as  it comes out. A  subscription may be obtained  by sending a
 request   via   MAIL   to   the  editor,   Dafydd,   at   the   userid
 [email-masked].  This  request  should  contain  your  full  userid
 (logonid and node,  or a valid internet address) as  well as your full
 name  and the  file  transfer  format you  prefer  (either DISK  DUMP,
 PUNCH/MAIL, or SENDFILE/NETDATA (non-BitNet  subscribers only have one
 option - Mail)).  After that, you will receive all  issues as they are
 sent out.
      All electronic subscriptions to DargonZine are free and are valid
 until  either  the  user  requests  that  they  be  removed  from  the
 distribution list, or when the user's  account is no longer active. It
 is requested  that readers inform the  editor in the event  that their
 account becomes inactive, deleted, or assigned to a different user.

 Back Issues:
 ------------
      We once  again have a back  issue archive. It is  at 192.88.144.4
 (ftp.eff.org or  kragar.eff.org). Use anonymous  FTP to get  into this
 site, and then go to  the directory pub/journals/DargonZine. For those
 of you  who do not have  FTP, there is a  BitNet site - BitFTP  - that
 will do it for you. Send it a message saying 'help' for how to use it.
 (I will try to  produce a small file of the  proper BitFTP commands to
 get you the issues, so that if you have trouble, you can just ask me.)
 I will personally have available only  the first and the latest issues
 of the 'zine, due to disk constraints.

 Submissions Policies:
 ---------------------
      As  mentioned  above,  the   Dargon  Project  is  a  shared-world
 'anthology', and as such it requires a *great* deal of commitment from
 its writers. Readers  wishing to write for the  Project should contact
 the editor for more detailed  instructions about the background of the
 Project as well as plotlines  currently in development. Of course, the
 first  requirement for  joining  the project  is to  read  all of  the
 Project's output to date to get to know the characters and world being
 written about.  Back issues of  FSFNet, the Project's first  home, are
 available from the Listserv@TCSVM  (and FTPable from vm.tcs.tulane.edu
 (in  numbers, 129.81.128.1)).  See  above for  back issue  information
 about DargonZine.

    Dafydd <[email-masked]>, Editor DargonZine            {04/09/92}