Subject: File: "EJOURNL2 DIRECTRY" being sent to you

From: Revised List Processor (1.7c) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1992 17:03:45 -0400

LISTSERV FILE: EJOURNL2 DIRECTRY  from [email-masked]

***************************************************************************
***                                                                     ***
***          Directory of Electronic Journals and Newsletters           ***
***                                                                     ***
***                        EDITION 2.1 - July 1992                      ***
***                                                                     ***
*** Compiled by:                                                        ***
***                                             Dept. Religious Studies ***
*** Michael Strangelove                         177 Waller,             ***
*** CONTENTS Project Director                   Ottawa, Ontario         ***
*** University of Ottawa                        Canada K1N 6N5          ***
*** ([email-masked])                 VOICE: (613) 237-2052   ***
*** (441495@UOTTAWA)                            FAX:   (613) 564-6641   ***
***************************************************************************

Contributions and corrections to this directory should be sent to Michael
Strangelove ([email-masked]) and MUST be in the following
format (use as much space as necessary):

TITLE:
ISSN #:        (if any)
Description:
To Subscribe:  (via Bitnet and Internet)
Submissions:   (whom to sent submissions to and in what form)
Related List:  (how to subscribe to a related list, if any)
Periodicity:
Back Issues:   (how to access them)
Contact:       (for more information)

             _____________________________________________________________

                               Journals and Newsletters
             _____________________________________________________________

>>> TABLE OF CONTENTS <<<

[THE FOLLOWING IS IN THE FILE EJOURNL1 DIRECTRY]

>>> Section 1:  Information <<<

Introduction
How to Retrieve This Directory From Networked Sources
Networked Resources for Electronic Publication
Electronic Serials and Related Topics:  A Brief Bibliography
How to Submit an Entry to the Directory
Getting an ISSN for an Electronic Journal
How to Start an E-Newsletter
PACS-L Review Special Issue on Networked Based E-Serials
Changes to the Second Edition

>>> Section 2:  Electronic Journals <<<

Inactive Electronic Journals

Active Journals:

$  indicates subscription is not free
** indicates journal is peer reviewed

Subject area is indicated (when necessary) within square brakets [ ]

Art Com     [Contemporary art and new communication technologies]
ArtsNet Review  [Contemporary cross-cultural, arts and electronic networking
      issues]
Bryn Mawr Classical Review
** CATALYST: The Community Services Catalyst  [Community college educators]
CORE  [A literary journal for short fiction, poetry, and essays]
DargonZine  [Dargon Project fiction anthology]
The Distance Education Online Symposium
** EJournal  [Implications of electronic documents and networks]
The Electronic Journal of the Astronomical Society of the Atlantic
** Electronic Journal of Communication/La Revue Electronique de Communication
      (EJC/REC) [Communication theory, research, practice, and policy]
Fineart Forum [Application of science and technology to the contemporary arts
      and music]
** Flora Online [Systematic botany]
Intertext [An electronic fiction digest]
IOUDAIOS Review [Reviews in Early Judaism and Christian origins]
Issues In Science and Technology Librarianship
$ ** Journal of the International Academy of Hospitality Research
Journal of Technology Education
LIBRES (Library and Information Science Research Electronic Conference)
MeckJournal [A monthly from Meckler Publishing]
** New Horizons in Adult Education
NetWeaver
Offline [Computers in religious studies]
Online Chronicle of Distance Education and Communication
The Public-Access Computer Systems News
** The Public-Access Computer Systems Review
Pigulki [News and humor relating to Poland and Polish issues]
** Postmodern Culture
** PSYCOLOQUY
Quanta [Science fiction and fantasy]
** RD: Graduate Research in the Arts
The Religious Studies Publications Journal - CONTENTS
Socjety Journal [Alumni journal of the Technical University of Wroclaw,
      Poland]
SOLSTICE: An Electronic Journal of Geography and Mathematics
TeXMaG (TeX Typesetting System)
TeX Publication Distribution List
Textual Studies in Canada

[THE FOLLOWING IS IN THE FILE EJOURNL2 DIRECTRY - This File]

>>> Section 3:  Electronic Newsletters <<<

Access
ACQNET (The Acquisitions Librarians Electronic Network)
ALCTS Network News (AN2 - The Association of Library Collections and
      Technical Services)
American Psychological Association's Research Funding Bulletin
Arts Wire News
Automatome
BEN (Botanical Electronic News)
Between the Lines
Buffer
CANOPUS Magazine
CCNEWS
CERFNet News
ChE Electronic Newsletter (Chemical Engineering)
Christian Growth Newsletter
Class Four Relay Magazine
Computer Science Center Link
Computing and Telecommunications Newsletter
Computists' Communique
Consortium Update
Cosmic Update
CPSR/PDX Newsletter (Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility)
CRTNet - Communication Research and Theory
Current Cites
DDN MANAGEMENT BULLETIN
DECNEWS for Education and Research
DevelopNet News
Deutschland Nachrichten
Digit
Digital Games Review
Disaster Research
Donosy
Drosophila Information Newsletter
EFFector Online (The Electronic Frontier Foundation, Inc.)
Electronic AIR
Electronic Hebrew Users Newsletter
Energy and Climate Information and Exchange (ECIX) Newsletter and Digest
Energy Research in Israel Newsletter
Erofile
Ethnomusicology Research Digest
Fine Art, Science and Technology News (F.A.S.T.  News)
FARNET Gazette
GLOSAS News (GLObal Systems Analysis and Simulating Association)
GNU's Bulletin  (Newsletter of the Free Software Foundation)
HICNet Newsletter (Mednews - Health Infocom Newsletter
History and Analysis of Disabilities Newsletter
Hot Off the Tree (HOTT)
Impact Online
International Voice Newsletter Prototype List
IS P.O.B.  Bulletin YSSTI  (Yugoslav System for Scientific and Technology
      Information)
Laboratory Primate Newsletter
Law and Politics Book Review
Leonardo Electronic News
Link Letter
List Review Service
MAB Northern Sciences Network Newsletter
Machine Readable Texts News
Material Science in Israel Newsletter
MichNet News
MICnews
NEARnet Newsletter
Network Audio Bits and Audio Software Review
NetMonth
Net-News
Newsbrief
Newsletter on Serials Pricing Issues
Newsline (Comserve)
News of Earth
NIBNews - A Monthly Electronic Bulletin About Medical Informatics
NLSNews Newsletter
Old English Computer-Assisted Language Learning Newsletter (OE-CALL)
Output
Political Analysis and Research Cooperation (PARC) News Bulletin
Principia Cybernetica Newsletter
Prompt
The Purple Thunderbolt of Spode (PURPS)
Research and Educational Applications of Computers in Humanities (REACH)
Rezo, bulletin irregulomadaire du RQSS
$ St. Petersburg Business News
SCUP Bitnet News (Society for College and University Planners)
SCUPMA-L (Society of College and University Planners, Mid-Atlantic Region)
Sense of Place
South Florida Environmental Reader
$ The Teleputing Hotline And Field Computing Source Letter
Teiresias
THINKNET (Electronic newsletter on philosophy, systems theory,
      interdisciplinary studies, and thoughtful conversation in cyberspace)
TitNeT --  Titnews --  Titnotes
VapourWare
ViewPoints (Newsletter of the Visual Communication Division of the
      Association for Educators in Journalism and Mass Communication [AEJMC])
The Week in Germany

>>> Section 4:  Hypercard Stacks, Digest-Newsletters and Others <<<

Chile News Database
China News Digest
Comp.Archives
Desktop Publishing Digest
Electronic College of Theory
The Handicap Digest
Instant Math Preprints (IMP)
IRList (Information Retrieval List Digest)
Risks-Forum Digest
Simulation Digest
Simulations Online
TidBITS
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  Delete all above this line to join files EJOURNL1 and EJOURNL2 DIRECTRY
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>>> Section 3:  Electronic Newsletters <<<

>>> Access <<<

The Computing and Communications Services Newsletter, California State
University, Chico.  Produced 5 times yearly, this newsletter contains
material of general interest on timely computing topics, and information of
specific interest to the Chico campus community.  Articles also include
microcomputing and mainframe tips, and how-to instructions on computer use.
The 1800 subscriptions include departments and individuals on campus and
requested subscriptions from other locations.

Contact:

Subscription, back issue requests, and other information may be requested
from:

Vicky Banes, Publications Editor
Computing Services
California State University, Chico
Chico, CA 95929-0407
Internet:  [email-masked]
Phone:  916-898-4391

>>> ACQNET <<<

The Acquisitions Librarians Electronic Network, ACQNET is a moderated
newsletter/bulletin board of interest to library professionals in
acquisitions, serials management, collection development, and administration.
All contributions are screened by an editor, edited, organized, and
redistributed to the membership.  Issues are sent as traffic warrants, and
average 3 per week between 150 and 200 lines each.  Any topic that might be
of interest to the readership is welcome.  Materials from other lists are
rarely reprinted, only if they are of great importance.  There is an
editorial board which sets what few rules exist and which is prepared to
review decisions by the editor.

ISSN: 1057-5308

To Subscribe:

By request to the editor only.  ACQNET is not a ListServ and cannot be
obtained interactively.  The current editor is Christian Boissonnas,
Acquisitions Librarian, Cornell University Library
(Bitnet:  CRI@CORNELLC;  Internet:  [email-masked])

Submissions:

E-mail, or ASCII file on floppy disk.  No paper contributions are accepted.
For e-mail, use either of the addresses above.
For floppy disks, mail to the address at the end of this message.

Related Lists:

Newsletter on Serials Pricing Issues, edited by Marcia Tuttle, Serials
Librarian, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Bitnet:TUTTLE@UNC).
[Also SERIALST a ListServ  list]

Back Issues:

By e-mail request from the editor at the above address only.  Back issues are
kept for six months, and files on specific topics that have been discussed
are available, also by request from the editor.

Contact:

Christian M. Boissonnas
Acquisitions Librarian
Cornell University Library
110A Olin Library
Ithaca, NY  14853-5301
Voice:607-255-4960
FAX:607-255-9346
Bitnet:[email-masked]
Internet:[email-masked]

>>> ALCTS Network News (AN2) <<<

AN2 aims to provide timely and comprehensive coverage of items of concern to
librarians engaged in collection management, acquisitions, cataloging,
serials, preservation, and the reproduction of library materials.  AN2 will
contain advance copy of articles and features that will appear later in the
print publication of the division, the ALCTS NEWSLETTER.  AN2 will also
feature late-breaking news such as ALA Annual and Midwinter conference
schedules (including meeting room locations) and reports shortly after the
conference of major actions and developments.  AN2 will also feature current
legislative news, news from the publishing world, and ALCTS candidates for
office and election results.  Although AN2 will duplicate some of the content
of the ALCTS NEWSLETTER, those columns that are not as time-dependent (such
as lists of new publications) will appear only in the print publication.

ISSN: 1056-6694

To Subscribe:

It is simple to subscribe to AN2, and it is NOT necessary to be a current
member of ALCTS nor a subscriber to any ALCTS publication.  On the Internet,
simply send to [email-masked] the message:  SUBSCRIBE ALCTS
Your-First-Name Your-Last-Name (e.g., SUBSCRIBE ALCTS Jane Smith).

Submissions:

AN2 will be an electronic publication, not a bulletin board.  Therefore,
items to be considered for publication should be sent to the editorial staff.
Articles may be submitted to the ALCTS Office at U34261@uicvm.  The ALCTS
NETWORK NEWS is made possible on the Internet through the distribution
services of the University of Illinois at Chicago, and is a wholly owned
publication of ALCTS.

Contact:

For further information, please contact:  Karen Muller (u19466@uicvm) or
ALCTS, 50 E. Huron St., Chicago, IL 60611; 800-545-2433.

>>> American Psychological Association's Research Funding Bulletin <<<

The APA Funding Bulletin consists of an index of funding announcements.  This
index lists each funding announcement by its title and a one-line description
of its contents.  The files of actual announcements are accessible
electronically.  Each announcement contains a complete summary of the Request
for Proposal or Request for Application, deadline date, sponsoring
institution, amount of funding available, and contact person. The index is
updated and mailed electronically approximately twice a month.  Announcements
are included from both federal and private funding agencies.

To Subscribe:

Send the following command to LISTSERV@VTVM2 in a mail message -

SUBSCRIBE APASD-L your name

Subscriptions are free to this list.

Submissions:

Submissions of announcements to be considered for inclusion on the Funding
Bulletin index should be sent to the editor of the list: [email-masked]

Back Issues:

N/A

Contact:

Editor of APASD-L list is Cheri Fullerton - [email-masked]
American Psychological Association, Science Directorate, 750
First Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. 20002-4242

>>> Arts Wire News <<<

Newsletter for Arts Wire, an online arts news and advocacy service.
Bi-monthly issues supply information and progress reports on Arts Wire,
information from Arts Wire's Partners, and news about other arts-related
online projects. Arts Wire is a project of the New York Foundation for the
Arts.

To subscribe:

Subscription is free. Send your request to Anne Focke, CIS: 71170,3160.

Submissions:

Arts Wire encourages submissions pertaining to online arts related projects.
Please send information to the contacts listed below.

Back Issues:

Emailed upon request.

Contact:

Anna Couey, Arts Wire Network Coordinator, [email-masked]
Anne Focke, Arts Wire Project Director,  CIS: 71170,3160
David Green, Director of Communications, New York Foundation for the  Arts,
CIS: 72060,3176
Dan Talley, Editor, Arts Wire News, CIS: 76050,611

>>> Automatome <<<

Newsletter of the American Association of Law Libraries, Automation and
Scientific Development Special Interest Section.

To Subscribe:

Join the Law Librarians' Computer Conference.  Subscription requests to
[email-masked].  (Please note, Automatome is only one small part of this
conference.)

Submissions and Back Issues:

Contact editor (see below).

Contact:

Anna Belle Leiserson, Editor American Association of Law Libraries
Vanderbilt Law Library 53 West Jackson Blvd., Suite 940
Vanderbilt University Chicago, IL  60604
Nashville, TN  37203 Telephone:  312-939-4764
Bitnet:  LEISERAB@VUCTRVAX
Internet:  [email-masked]
Telephone:  615-322-0023

>>> BEN (Botanical Electronic News) <<<

ISSN 1188-603X

News related to botany, plant ecology, plant distributios, plant protection,
conferences, meeting, botanical techniques etc., preferably related to
British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest of North America.

To Subscribe:

[email-masked]

Submissions:

[email-masked]

Back Issues:

[email-masked]

Contact:

Dr. Adolf Ceska
P.O.Box 8546
Victoria, B.C.
Canada V8W 3S2
Phone: (604) 477-1211
E-mail: [email-masked]

>>> Between the Lines <<<

A monthly digest about Debbie Gibson and her music.

To Subscribe:

Send e-mail to [email-masked]

Submissions:

Send submissions to [email-masked]

Contact:

Matthew Jung at [email-masked]

>>> Buffer <<<

The newsjournal of computing at the University of Denver, 16-page, monthly

To Subscribe:

send e-mail via Internet to [email-masked] or Bitnet:  BUFFER@DUCAIR
(Submissions also)

Back Issues:

telnet to du.edu and log in as atdu.  Select Buffer from menu.  An index from
1986 to current issue is available.  Electronic issues are only available
begining February 1991.

Contact:

Mary Ehlert, Buffer Editor
[email-masked] or BUFFER@DUCAIR

>>> CANOPUS Magazine <<<

CANOPUS is the newsletter of the Space Science and Astronomy Technical
Committee of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.  Its
objective is to provide an insider's perspective on issues in space science
and astronomy.

To Subscribe:

No subscription list maintained.  To read from NASA Science Internet, type
set host ncf, use username nodis, and follow the menus to CANOPUS.  To read
from Internet, type telnet 128.183.10.4, use username nodis, and follow the
menus to CANOPUS.

Submissions:

Send to NHQVAX::WTAYLOR from NASA Science Internet or to
[email-masked] from Internet.

Back Issues:

One year kept online.

Contact:

William W. L. Taylor, Code M-8, NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC 20546,
202-453-2961, NHQVAX::WTAYLOR from NASA Science Internet or
[email-masked] from Internet.  Send correspondence about business
matters to Ms. Barbara Laurence, AIAA, 555 W. 57th St., New York, NY 10019.

>>> CCNEWS - Campus Computing Newsletter <<<

CCNEWS, the electronic forum for campus computing newsletter editors and
other publications specialists, on Bitnet.  CCNEWS consists of a biweekly
newsletter focusing on writing, editing, design, and production of campus
computing publications, and an Articles Abstracts -- published on alternating
weeks -- describing new contributions to the Articles Archive.

The CCNEWS Events Calendar posts information on conferences, seminars, and
workshops relevant to information technology in higher education.
Information on events should be sent to CCNEWS@EDUCOM and include the dates
of the event, the city and state, and the e-mail or telephone number of a
contact.  To obtain the CCNEWS Events Calendar send an interactive message or
mail to LISTSERV@BITNIC containing GET EVENTS CALENDAR.

To Subscribe:

send an interactive message or mail to LISTSERV@BITNIC containing:

SUB CCNEWS FirstName LastName - Institution.

Submissions:

The CCNEWS Newsletter relies on contributions from subscribers.  Please write
about  experiences, send queries, suggestions, and responses to previously
published questions to CCNEWS@EDUCOM.

Back Issues:

The Articles Archive, which utilizes LISTSERV software to distribute
material, enables CCNEWS subscribers to contribute their best material on a
variety of topics concerning computing, networking, and desktop publishing,
among others.  The material in then posted in the Archive to be downloaded
for research or reprint (with proper attribution).  The Articles Index is
available by sending an interactive message or mail to LISTSERV@BITNIC
containing: GET ARTICLES INDEX.

Contact:

Wendy Rickard Bollentin
Editor, CCNEWS
CCNEWS@EDUCOM

>>> CERFNet NEWS <<<

CERFnet News is published bi-monthly by the California Education and Research
Federation Network (CERFnet).  CERFnet is a mid-level network linking
academic, government, and industrial research facilities throughout
California.

To Subscribe:

If you would like receive CERFnet News or would like further information
about CERFnet, please send your request to [email-masked], or telephone
800-876-CERF.

Back Issues:

Current CERFnet News and all back issues can be accessed by anonymous FTP to
nic.cerf.net.

Contact:

[email-masked]

>>> ChE Electronic Newsletter <<<

For publicizing information of interest/relevance to chemical engineers.

To Subscribe:

Send request via e-mail to the Editor (no fee) [email-masked]

Submissions:

Send to Editor, should be brief (approx 15 lines?), may be edited if too
long.

Related list:

Sent via Chem Eng Mailing list held by the editor.

Back Issues:

>From FTP archive:  FTP to cc.curtin.edu.au and login with username of
'anonymous' and a password of your name.

Type  cd chemeng to find directory of back issues.  Use 'ls' and 'get'
commands to list files and retrieve them to your computer.  Use 'quit' to
finish.

Contact:

Dr Martyn S Ray, Senior Lecturer in Chemical Engineering
Curtin University of Technology, GPO Box U1987, Perth 6001
Western Australia
Tel:  09-351-7702Fax 09-351-2681
PREFERABLY by e-mail (Internet):  [email-masked]

>>> Christian Growth Newsletter <<<

The CGN is intended to help christians grow. It includes personal
testimonies, encouraging articles, book reviews, a calendar of events.

To Subscribe:

Send a mail message to Dan Smith, address below. Please include your mail
address in your message.

Submissions:

They can be sent to Dan Smith, address below.  Submissions will be reviewed,
edited by permission, and then distributed.

Related List:

none.

Back Issues:

Not available.

Contact:

Dan Smith at [email-masked], or
uunet!chx400!olsen!dansmith

>>> Class Four Relay Magazine <<<

Class Four, a magazine by Relay Ops for the  relay community. Class Four
Relay Magazine is available from LISTSERV@CMUCCVMA (Carnegie Mellon
University, courtesy of Pitt Relay Masterop Marc Shannon).

Content:  articles on

1) general questions/issues of relay usage;
2) useful information for and about relay ops;
3) discussion of policy issues and guidelines;
4) technical issues and new developments.

Structure:  Material is collected/prepared by a team of editors (mostly class
4 Relay Ops) and reviewed by a Masterops' advisory board.  Signed articles do
not necessarily represent the opinions of the editors or the members of the
advisory board.

To Subscribe:

1)  Pick a password and tell the ListServ what it is:
(on the VAX:) SEND LISTSERV@CMUCCVMA PW ADD mypassword
(wait for a positive acknowledgement, and remember
your password)

2)  Use your password to tell ListServ that you
want to add Class-4 to your Automatic File
Distribution list.  On the VAX:
SEND LISTSERV@CMUCCVMA AFD ADD CLASS-4  PW=mypassword

Back Issues:

To pull down a particular issue of Class-4 magazine, send the following
command to LISTSERV@CMUCCVMA:  GET CLASS-4 ISSUE-01 and the server should
send you issue 1 of the magazine.  Up to issue # 5 is in that format.
Subsequent issues are like the following:  CLASS-4 V2I1  (for volume 2 issue
1)

To get a complete listing, issue the following command to LISTSERV@CMUCCVMA:
INDEX CLASS-4

Submissions:

Any RELAY Operator may submit an article to Class-4.  Submission of a article
does not guarantee its use in any publication.  If you are not RELAY operator
and would like to submit an article you must be sponsored by a current RELAY
operator.  To submit an article, send it to STJS@MARIST.

Contact:

Editor in Chief:
Joey J. Stanford (RESCUE-1) stjs@marist or [email-masked].

>>> Computer Science Center Link <<<

This newsletter on issues in academic computing on the University of
Maryland, College Park campus is published 5 times a year.  The Link features
articles about networking, new trends in computing, and innovative uses of
computing, as well as highlights new technology or features in the areas of
microcomputing (IBM, Macintosh, DEC, and NeXT), training, and mainframes
(IBM, Unisys, and UNIX).

To Subscribe:

Anyone can request a free subscription by sending e-mail to:
[email-masked] (Internet) or drop a line to:

Link Editor
Computer Science Center
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742

Submissions:

Link usually doesn't solicit submissions from outside UMCP, although we will
run articles (with author permission) from other newsletters that are deemed
pertinent to our computing situation.

Back Issues:

Back issues of Link are not kept in stock.  Readers can, however, request a
reprint of specific articles.

Contact:

Link Editor,  Computer Science Center
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
[email-masked]

>>> Computing and Network News <<<

A newsletter published 10 times a year for the Kansas State University
community.

To Subscribe:

Electronic subscriptions available; send requests to
[email-masked] or [email-masked] (Internet).

Submissions:

Send e-mail to address above.

Back Issues:

Must have an account on the KSUVM system.  After logging on, type
ZDISK and NEWSLETTER to access the newsletter database (contains
issues from February 1986 to the present).  A search facility
allows searching on words, word combinations, dates, etc.

Contact:

Betsy Edwards ([email-masked] or [email-masked])

>>> Computists' Communique <<<

The Computists' Communique is a tightly edited weekly newsletter serving
professionals in artificial intelligence, information science, and computer
science.  The editor/publisher is Kenneth Laws, former NSF program director
for Robotics and Machine Intelligence.  Content is career-oriented and
depends partly on contributions from members.  Dr. Laws filters submissions,
reports and comments on industry news, collects "common knowledge" about
academia and industry, and helps track people and projects.  The Communique
is only available to members of Computists International, a "networking"
association for computer and information scientists.  It is an association
for mutual mentoring about grant and funding sources, information channels,
applications, text and software publishing, tenure, career moves,
institutions, consulting, business practices, home offices, software
packages, entrepreneurial concerns, taxes, and the sociology of work.  By
helping each other, members multiply benefits of their experience.

To subscribe:

Charter membership, including back issues from April 1, 1991, is $135.  Other
membership options are Professional ($156, starting whenever you prefer),
Trial ($95 for 9 months).  Internet delivery of the Communique is free to all
members.  There is a full money-back guarantee, excluding postage for
hardcopy delivery.

Submissions:

Contact the publisher, [email-masked]

Back issues:

Available at normal subscription price.

Contact:

Dr. Kenneth I. Laws
4064 Sutherland Drive
Palo Alto, CA  94303
(415)-493-7390
[email-masked] (Internet)

>>> Consortium Update <<<

CONSORTIUM UPDATE is an informal newsletter about happenings in the SPIRES
Consortium.  If you would like to contribute an article to a future issue,
send items to [email-masked].

CONSORTIUM UPDATE will be distributed electronically on an as-needed basis,
but at least twice a year.

To Subscribe:

Contact SPIRES Consortium Office
115 Polya Hall
Stanford University
Stanford, Ca 94305
(415) 725-1803

HQ.CON@Stanford (BITNET)

>>> Cosmic Update <<<

Once amonth Internet notice identifying new computer software from the USA
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) made available for
international use.

To Subscribe: send Internet note to [email-masked]

Related Info:  1990 COSMIC Software Catalog, available on DOS format
diskettes and Microfiche, annual.

COSMIC's COSLINE:  About COSLINE

COSLINE is a 24 hour electronic information service to COSMIC's customers.
You can access COSLINE via telnet to cosline.cosmic.uga.edu or by setting
your modem to (1200/2400, 8,N, 1) and dialing either  (404) 542-7354 or (404)
542-7355. Although several terminal types are supported, you are encouraged
to use the DEC VT-100 driver which is provided by default.

Questions on using COSLINE or suggestions for improvement may be directed to
us in various ways:

COSLINE   use the "Comments to SYSOP" option under the "Utilities" selection
on the main menu

EMAIL     send an email message to us at [email-masked]

VOICE     call us at (404) 542-3265 and ask for COSLINE Support

FAX       send it to COSLINE Support at (404) 542-4807

U.S. MAIL COSLINE Support
COSMIC
The University of Georgia
382 East Broad Street
Athens, GA   30602

Using COSLINE

Connect to COSLINE using either the telnet or dialup method as described
above.  When you have become connected you will be prompted for your name and
a password.  If you have not previously used COSLINE, you may simply press
your ENTER key to proceed to the next prompt which allows you to identify the
type of terminal you are using.

COSLINE is a full screen application and although the use of special keys is
kept to a minimum, we do require that your terminal or emulator understand a
minimal number of screen control escape sequences for the terminal type you
select. Experience suggests that the DEC VT100 driver (vt100) so we have
made that the default.

The main COSLINE menu is oriented horizontally and the user may highlight a
particular selection using the left and right cursor keys.  Certain main menu
options entail submenus and the user may select from these vertical submenus
by using the up and down cursor keys.  Once the desired selection has been
highlighted, simply press the key marked ENTER or RETURN and located near the
alphabetic character keys.

Beyond the catalog Search option most of the screens are informational in
nature and are therefore implemented as text file browsers.  Browsing is
facilitated by the use of the (F)orward and (B)ack alphabetic keys.  To
return to the menu you may always select (Q)uit.  Certain browsers also allow
you to (L)ocate a particular string and a number may allow you to (S)ave
to buffer.

By default, new users are provided with a "buffer" of  approximately ten
thousand characters.  The COSLINE user may elect to write certain pieces of
information into this buffer during his current session.  The DOWNLOAD option
on the main menu provides the user with two ways of placing the contents of
this file on his/her local machine or printer.  One may elect to send the
file to  oneself as email or to collect it as a straight ASCII text stream.
The email option prompts for an address and then sends the text almost
immediately.  No checking is done on the address provided by the user and we
assume that your host is reachable by the internet.  The text stream option
was designed primarily for dialup users whose communications package supports
a text capture or log file feature wherein any text sent to the screen is
also placed in a file.  Any requisite flow control is assumed to be provided
by the communications link and is not moderated by COSLINE itself.

Catalog Search

The principle feature of COSLINE is the catalog Search facility. There is a
separate help file available for browsing from the Search main menu option.
Please feel free to experiment to isolate particular program of interest to
you.  Program information is savable to your buffer and downloadable as
described above.

Disconnecting from COSLINE

Please be certain to disconnect using the Exit option from the main menu.
This allows house cleaning to be executed in an orderly manner and also
returns control to the communications program on your end.

Contact:

Pat Mortenson
COSMIC
The University of Georgia
382 E. Broad Street
Athens, GA 30602
phone (404) 542-3265
FAX(404) 542-4807
Internet:  [email-masked]

>>> CPSR/PDX Newsletter <<<

The on-line newsletter of the Portland, OR chapter of Computer Professionals
for Social Responsibility.

For Subscriptions, submissions and back issues contact:

Erik Nilsson ([email-masked])

>>> CRTNet - Communication Research and Theory Network <<<

All topics related to human communications.

To Subscribe:

Subscriptions to CRTNet are free to all.  Send electronic mail requests to
editor T3B@PSUVM or CRTNET@PSUVM (Bitnet); or you may be able to send an
interactive message:

TELL LISTSERV@PSUVM SUB CRTNET (your) (name)

Submissions:

Readers are encouraged to contribute abstracts, articles, book reviews,
announcements, comments, questions, and discussion to CRTNet.  All topics
relating to the general area of human communication are welcome.

Back Issues:

(1) COMSERVE@RPIECS (Bitnet) will respond to interactive commands or
electronic mail; try asking for HELP; or send the command SEND CRTNET
DIRECTRY for a directory of back issues.

(2) LISTSERV@PSUVM archives CRTNet; if you are able to use interactive
messaging, try TELL LISTSERV@PSUVM HELP to get started; for an index of
CRTNet files, try TELL LISTSERV@PSUVM INDex CRTNET

Contact:

Tom Benson
T3B@PSUVM (Bitnet); [email-masked] (Internet)

>>> Current Cites <<<

Current Cites is a monthly publication of the Library Technology Watch
Program -- The Library, University of California at Berkeley.  Over 30
journals in librarianship and computer technology are scanned for selected
articles on optical disk technologies, computer networks and networking,
information transfer, expert systems and artificial intelligence,and
hypermedia and multimedia.  Brief annotations accompany most of the
citations.

ISSN: 1060-2356

To Subscribe:

Current Cites is sent automatically to all subscribers to
[email-masked] each month.  Subscriptions to the electronic format and
paper format are also available by sending your name and mailing address to
David Robison, 208 Main Library, Berkeley, CA 94720 or
[email-masked], or drobison@ucblibra.  Please specify
electronic (preferred) or paper.

Current Cites is available electronically through the Melvyl catalog (telnet
melvyl.ucop.edu, 31.1.0.1, 31.0.0.11, 31.0.0.13, 31.1.0.11) by giving the
command "show current cites" or via anonymous ftp to cni.org.

Back Issues:

Available via anonymous ftp to cni.org, or,

Send your name and address, and the date or number of the issue(s) desired to
Teri Rinne, The Bancroft Library, Berkeley, CA 94720. The Melvyl catalog
retains the six most recent issues.

Contact:

David Robison, Editor, (208 Main Library, Berkeley, CA
94720, [email-masked], drobison@ucblibra) or
Program Coordinator, Roy Tennant (The Library 130 Doe,
Berkeley, CA 94720).

>>> DDN MANAGEMENT BULLETIN <<<

Distributed online by the Defense Data Network Information Center.  It is
used as a means of communicating official policy, procedures and other
information of concern to management personnel at DDN facilities.

Back Issues:

Back issues may be read through the TACNEWS server ("@n" command at the TAC)
or may be obtained by FTP (or Kermit) from the NIC.DDN.MIL host
[192.112.36.5] using login="anonymous" and password="guest".  The pathname
for bulletins is ddn-news/ddn-mgt-bulletin-nn.txt (where "nn" is the
bulletin number).  The ddn-news index is available at the NIC and it starts
at management bulletin 22 and goes through 96.

Contact:

DISA DDN Defense Communications System
Published by: DDN Network Info Center
([email-masked])  (800) 365-3642

>>> DECNEWS for Education and Research <<<

Monthly electronic newsletter from Digital Equipment Corporation summarizing
announcements of Digital's products, programs, and applications of interest
to computer users in the academic and research communities. Includes pointers
on how to obtain additional documents electronically.

To Subscribe:

Send a message to [email-masked] or [email-masked].
The message should be this command:  SUB DECNEWS Firstname Lastname (e.g. SUB
DECNEWS John Jones).  The command is the text of the message; the subject is
ignored by LISTSERV.

Submissions:

Send article ideas to [email-masked].

Related List:

DECNEWS@UBVM

Back Issues:

Send the command: INDEX DECNEWS to LISTSERV@UBVM.

Contact:

Mary Hoffmann at [email-masked]

>>> DevelopNet News <<<

Monthly newsletter on technology transfer in international development.  By
Volunteers in Technical Assistance, a private, voluntary, nonprofit
organization in Arlington, VA.  USA.

To Subscribe:

Send request to vita@gmuvax or [email-masked] .

Submissions:

To the editor, at vita@gmuvax or [email-masked] .

Related list:

Subscribers to the discussion list, DEVEL-L also receive the newsletter.  To
subscribe to the discussion list, send the message sub devel-l (your full
name) to listserv@auvm or [email-masked].

Back issues:

Can be supplied non-automatically.

Contact:

R.R. Ronkin, VITA Volunteer, vita@gmuvax or [email-masked].

>>> Deutschland Nachrichten <<<

Only available on commercial BBSs.

(NEED MORE INFO)

Contact:

NewsNet - 800-345-1301 (Canada and Pennsylvania 215-527-1301).  This net does
not offer the German version.  GeoNet  - 415-952-1100

>>> DIGIT <<<

Digit is published six times a year and contains information aimed at users
of computing resources at the University of Colorado at Boulder.

To Subscribe:

Send mail to [email-masked] and request a subscription.
Subscriptions are free.

Submissions and Back Issues:

Send to [email-masked]

Contact:

Suzanne Kincaid ([email-masked])
Computing and Network Services
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0455
(303) 492-9177

>>> Digital Games Review <<<

Digital Games Review is devoted to reviews of video and computer
entertainment titles for the entire industry.  Nintendo, Apple, Sega, NEC,
Atari, Amiga and PC games are considered alongside more exotic systems like
the SNK NeoGeo, Sega GameGear and Super Nintendo.  Reviews, further, are
written by peers, with an eye to playability, enjoyment and fun, as well as
graphics, technical sophistication and complexity.

ISSN:

Digital Games Review is registered with the United States Library of
Congress, with ISSN 1059-5457.

To Subscribe:

Send subscription requests to: [email-masked]

Submissions:

We welcome reviews of games for any computer system, including the IBM PC,
Apple Macintosh, Atari, Nintendo Entertainment System, Atari Lynx, Sega
Genesis, Nintendo GameBoy, NEC TurboGrafix, Amiga and so on.

Submissions to:  [email-masked]

Back Issues:

Back issues are archived as digests, as well as broken into individual
reviews.  To receive them via electronic mail, send a note to the address
"[email-masked]" (or decwrl.dec.com!limbo!info) with the body
containing the lines "help" and "listall Digital.Games".

Contact:

Dave Taylor, Editor and Publisher. [email-masked]

>>> Disaster Research <<<

Electronic newsletter dealing with hazards and disasters.  Includes articles
on recent events and policy developments, ongoing research, upcoming meetings
- as well as queries, responses, and ongoing discussion among readers.

To Subscribe:

Send e-mail message to [email-masked]

Submissions:

As above, or write:
David Butler
Natural Hazards Information Center
IBS #6, Campus Box 482, University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0482
(303) 492-6818
FAX:  (303) 492-6924

Back Issues:

Subscriptions, cancellations, and other distribution requests can be directed
to the above addresses; however, Bitnet/Internet subscriptions and orders for
back issues can also be handled directly by Mailserv software at the
University of Colorado.  Commands should be sent to:
mailserv@colorado (Bitnet)
or
[email-masked] (Internet).
(Do NOT send messages to:  [email-masked])

Any of the following commands can be sent:  HELP (returns a help file),
INDEX, LISTS (of services on this mailserver), SEND (see examples below),
SEND/LIST, SUBSCRIBE, or UNSUBSCRIBE.  Commands should be in the body of an
e-mail message, not on the "subject" or "RE:" line.

For back issues of Disaster Research, send one of the following commands to
a MAILSERV address above:

SEND [.HAZARDS]INDEX.LIS for a list of available DR issues
SEND [.HAZARDS]DR##.TXT for a specific back issue -

substitute the number of the issue you want (01 - 67) for the ## in the
command

Disaster Research is also available via modem on the State and Local
Emergency Management Data Users Group (SALEMDUG) bulletin board system -
(202) 646-2887, and, in Canada, on the Emergency Preparedness Information
Exchange (EPIX) system - (604) 291-4921 or FIDO 1:153/162.  In Australia, it
is available on the Wireless Institute Civil Emergency Network (WICEN) -
03-802-0913.

Contact:

mailserv@colorado (Bitnet)
or
[email-masked] (Internet).

>>> Donosy <<<

Daily news (political, social, cultural, etc.) on Polish and related topics.
Journal entirely written in Polish. English translation is also available.

ISSN:   0867-6860

To Subscribe:

Send a request to:
([email-masked]) - for subscribers from USA and Canada
([email-masked])    - for all others

Submissions:

Notes, reports etc. are welcome, send them to ([email-masked])

Related List:

English translation of DONOSY. Available from ([email-masked])

Back Issues:

On request (write to ([email-masked])) or from SPAN/HEPnet:
13411::DUA1:[Xawer.Donosy]YYMMDD.NNN  YYMMDD - date, NNN issue no,
wilcards allowed

Contact:

([email-masked])

Donosy c/o Lena Bialkowska,
Bajonska 3,
PL-03-963 Warszawa,
(48-22) 17 79 85

>>> Drosophila Information Newsletter <<<

DIS-L, A list of Drosophila workers to receive Drosophila Information
Newsletter (a quarterly electronic publication; DIN is an offshoot of DIS,
Drosophila Information Service).

To Subscribe:

Send one of the following E-mail messages.
Via Bitnet --
     To:  LISTSERV@IUBVM
     Subject:
     Message:  SUB DIS-L Your real name
Via Internet --
     To:  [email-masked]
     Subject:
     Message:  SUB DIS-L Your real name

Priority will be given to genetic and technical information.
Submitted material will be edited for brevity.  Materials
appearing in the Newsletter will be reprinted, in unedited form,
in the next issue of DIS.  Material appearing in the Newsletter
may be cited unless specifically noted otherwise.  Material for
publication may be submitted in any of the following formats -
text/ASCII file, Macintosh Microsoft Word or MacWrite, or MS-DOS
WordPerfect. Figures and photographs cannot be accepted.  Send
material, in order of preference, as e-mail, on floppy disk, or
as laserwriter or typed hard-copy (not bit-mapped).  Technical
notes should be sent to Carl Thummel, all other material should
be sent to Kathy Matthews.

Back Issues:

All back issues available by anonymous FTP to
FTP.BIO.INDIANA.EDU, in the directory archive/fly/news

Contact:

Kathy Matthews, Dept. of Biology, Indiana University,
Bloomington, IN 47405; 812-855-5782; FAX/2577;
MATTHEWK@IUBACS, [email-masked] or

Carl Thummel, Dept. of Human Genetics, Eccles Institute -
Bldg. 533, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112;
801-581-2937; FAX/5374; [email-masked].

>>> EFFector Online - The Electronic Frontier Foundation, Inc <<<

(Formerly EFF News).  The EFF has been established to help civilize the
electronic frontier; to make it truly useful and beneficial to everyone, not
just an elite; and to do this in a way that is in keeping with our society's
highest traditions of the free and open flow of information and
communication.  EFFector Online will present news, information, and
discussion about the world of computer-based communications media that
constitute the electronic frontier.  It will cover issues such as freedom of
speech in digital media, privacy rights, censorship, standards of
responsibility for users and operators of computer systems, policy issues
such as the development of national information infrastructure, and
intellectual property.

ISSN: 1062-9424

To Subscribe:

E-mail subscription requests:  [email-masked]  (or USENET
comp.org.eff.news)

Submissions:

Editorial submissions:  [email-masked]

Related List:

comp.org.eff.talk.

This publication is also distributed to members of the mailing list
[email-masked].

Contact:

Editors:
Gerard Van der Leun ([email-masked])
Mike Godwin  ([email-masked])

We can also be reached at:

Electronic Frontier Foundation
155 Second St.
Cambridge, MA 02141
(617) 864-0665
(617) 864-0866 (fax)

>>> The Electronic AIR <<<

Biweekly (nominal schedule) electronic newsletter for Institutional
Researchers and college and university planners.  An electronic publication
of the Assn. for Institutional Research (AIR).  Reports on news,
publications, position openings, requests for help, etc.

To Subscribe:

Send (sub air-l name and institution) command to
LISTSERV@VTVM1 (after 2/1/92) or contact NELSON_L@PLU anytime.

Submissions:

Send to NELSON_L@LPLU or AIR-L@VTVM1.

Back Issues:

Send specific request to editor NELSON_L@PLU.

Contact:

Larry Nelson, Editor (206)535-7444
Director, Inst. Research & Planning
Hauge Administration Bldg.
Pacific Lutheran University
Tacoma, WA  98447
(NELSON_L@PLU)

>>> Electronic Hebrew Users Newsletter (E-Hug) <<<

The newsletter is the successor to the print publication Hebrew Users Group
Newsletter which was edited by Jack Love, and emanated from the Berkeley
Hillel Foundation through 1989.  This incarnation is electronic-only, and is
mandated, like the original, to cover all things relating to use of Hebrew,
Yiddish, Judesmo, and Aramaic on computers.  It is released as time permits
and information demands, currently every 1-2 weeks.  This newsletter is
dedicated to the proposition that computers, to be useful, must be usable to
people working in all languages, at the convenience of those users.  In that
spirit, we print all questions pertaining to use of the Hebrew alphabet on
computers and answer all those that we can.  We encourage discussion on all
levels of computer facility--from new users considering looking for software
or Hebrew-related resources (educational, graphic, or otherwise), to
developer discussions on how the software should work (when it works :-)).
We also do our best to report on new software (or updates) of interest and to
serve as a general news source to the field.

To Subscribe:

>From Bitnet:
Send e-mail to:listserv@dartcms1
>From elsewhere on the Internet:
Send e-mail to:[email-masked]

The message need contain no subject line.  The body of the message must
contain the line:
SUB E-HUG Your_first_name Your_last_name

Submissions:

All submission, correspondence, and questions should be sent to the
newsletter editor, Ari Davidow.  It may also be sent to the list, but then
the list has to forward it to the editor.  The e-mail address for
submissions, correspondence, and questions is:
[email-masked]

Back Issues:

These are stored on the listserv.  You can get a list of what is available
(and by what names the list knows the back issues) by sending a one line
message to:  listserv@dartcms1 (see subscription info, above).  The command
to get the list of files is:INDEX E-HUG

Once you know the names of the files you want, send a message to the above
address with this syntax.  Note that we will be adding some additional
resources to the listserv over the next few months, so that you will also be
able to get some related papers and software: GET E-HUG filename

Contact:

Ari Davidow, who can be reached via e-mail only at:  ([email-masked])
Oakland, CA, US

>>> Energy and Climate Information Exchange (ECIX) Newsletter and
      Digest <<<

The Energy and Climate Information Exchange (ECIX) is an EcoNet project aimed
at improving information dissemination and communication among those people
and organizations working in the fields of energy efficiency, renewable
energy, and climate change. EcoNet is a computer network focused on
environmental issues based in San Francisco, with affiliated networks around
the world.

The ECIX newsletter is published every six weeks.  Focusing on energy and
climate issues, the newsletter contains summaries of network postings,
updates on national and international policy initiatives, full length
articles, information on new network resources, and a calendar of upcoming
events.

The ECIX Climate Digest is published in conjunction with the ECIX newsletter.
It contains summaries of recent scientific and policy developments in the
climate change field and reviews of ongoing discussion topics, as well as
questions and contributions from readers.

To Subscribe:

To subscribe to either publication, write to:

Lelani Arris
ECIX Project Director
Internet:  [email-masked]
BITNET:    larris%igc.org@stanford

Please include name, affiliation (if any), e-mail address, which publication
you would like (or both) and how you heard about the publication.  Both
publications are available free of charge.

Submissions:

Articles, news, letters to the editor, discussion items, and questions on
energy and climate issues are welcome and encouraged. All submissions should
be in ASCII (text) format and include senders name, affiliation, and e-mail
address.

Items for the ECIX Newsletter should be sent to Lelani Arris at the above
address.

Items for the ECIX Climate Digest should be sent to:

Dan Yurman
ECIX Climate Digest editor
Internet: [email-masked]
BITNET:   ecixdy%igc.org@stanford

Submissions for the ECIX Climate Digest may also be submitted in ASCII format
via regular mail on an MS-DOS formatted diskette (5.25 or 3.5 inch) to the
digest editor at PO Box 1569, Idaho Falls, ID, 83403 USA.

Related List:

There is no related list, however anyone may become an EcoNet subscriber.
For information about EcoNet, contact:

EcoNet
18 De Boom Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
USA
Phone: 415-442-0220
Fax:   415-546-1794
Internet:  [email-masked]
BITNET:    econet%igc.org@stanford

Back Issues:

Back issues of both publications may be obtained from Lelani Arris at listed
address.

For more information, contact:

Lelani Arris                           * Project Director
EcoNet:    larris                      * EcoNet Energy & Climate
Internet/Fidonet:  [email-masked]      * Information Exchange
BITNET:    larris%igc.org@stanford     * Box 1061
Telephone: 403-852-4057                * Jasper, Alberta T0E 1E0
Fax:       403-852-3215                * Canada

>>> Energy Research in Israel Newsletter <<<

A newsletter on Bitnet, for people interested in Energy Research, established
so that important local and international information can be disseminated
efficiently and rapidly to all interested parties.  In the first stage the
newsletter will cover the following information:

ANNOUNCEMENT OF UPCOMING LECTURES AND COLLOQUIA
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WORKSHOPS
UPCOMING VISITS OF PROMINENT SCIENTISTS
CALLS FOR PROPOSALS (from the NCRD and other agencies)

To Subscribe:

Send to:  listserv@taunivm the following message:  SUB ENERGY-L

Submissions:

ENERGY@ILNCRD

Contact:

Dr. Michael Wolff
Coordinator for the Exact Sciences
National Council for Research and Development
WOLFF@ILNCRD

>>> Erofile <<<

Erofile is a free electronic newsletter that provides reviews of the latest
books associated with French and Italian studies.  This includes the
following areas:  literary criticism, cultural studies, film studies,
pedagogy, and software.  Erofile also provides a forum for comments on
previously published reviews in an effort to create an on-going dialogue on
issues relevant to the field.

To Subscribe:

Submissions, subscription requests and questions on policy should be sent to
the editors at:

[email-masked] or [email-masked]

Submissions:

EROFILE will disseminate a collection of solicited and unsolicited reviews
and therefore welcomes submissions from QUALIFIED reviewers.  Publishers of
scholarly journals in appropriate fields may also wish to consider sending
backlogged reviews to EROFILE for early electronic publication.  The
well-known interdisciplinary journal, SUBSTANCE, has already shown interest
in such an arrangement.

Back Issues:  (INFO NEEDED HERE)

Contact:

[email-masked] or [email-masked]

>>> Ethnomusicology Research Digest <<<

For subscribers with a professional interest in ethnomusicology:  teachers,
researchers, librarians, students.  News, discussion, queries,
bibliographies, archives.  Subscription by permission only.

ISSN 1054-1624

To Subscribe:

SUB ETHMUS-L to LISTSERV@UMDD

Submissions:

By subscribers only.

Back Issues:

Telnet or FTP to INFO.UMD.EDU, \Newsletters\EthnoMusicology
Begins December 1989.

Contact:

Dr Karl Signell SIGNELL@UMDD or [email-masked]

>>> Fine Art, Science and Technology News (F.A.S.T. News) <<<

FAST News is published on behalf of the International Society for Art Science
and Technology.  F.A.S.T. is a collection of bulletin boards which act as a
database of resources in art, science and technology.  Included in the
bulletin boards are Space Art News, Holography Hotline, Directory of Art and
Technology Organizations and Resources, E-mail Directory of Users, Job
listings, and Bibliographies and Abstracts.  These bulletin boards are posted
on The Well and MCI conferencing systems.

To Subscribe:

For more information or to subscribe to F.A.S.T., send e-mail to
[email-masked] (Internet) or ISAST@UCBGARNE (Bitnet).  F.A.S.T.
also available on diskette from same address.

>>> The FARNET Gazette <<<

A short monthly electronic newsletter of interest to network service
providers with research and education focus.

To Subscribe:

mail to [email-masked]; no charge

Submissions:

[email-masked]

Related List:

[email-masked] (subscriber list)

Back Issues:

anonymous ftp from host farnet.org, directory
farnet/farnet_docs

Contact:

Laura Breeden, [email-masked]
Carlos Robles, [email-masked]

>>> GLOSAS News (GLObal Systems Analysis and Simulating Association) <<<

GLOSAS News (GLObal Systems Analysis and Simulating Association)

The newsletter of the GLObal Systems Analysis and Simulating Association in
the USA dedicated to global electronic education and the use of simulation
for the promotion of peace and the care of natural environment.

To Subscribe:

By e-mail: Sub Glosas Firstname Lastname emailed to:
[email-masked]  By fax: Anton Ljutic  Fax: 001-514-672-9299
GLOSAS News is distributed by both email and fax, free of charge.

Submissions:

To the editor:
Anton Ljutic
Champlain College
900 Riverside Drive
St. Lambert, Quebec, Canada J4P 3P2
Fax: 011-514-672-9299
Email: [email-masked]

Related List:

[email-masked] (members only)

Back Issues:

>From the editor

Contact:

The editor

>>> GNU's Bulletin:  Newsletter of the Free Software Foundation <<<

The GNU's Bulletin is the semi-annual newsletter of the Free Software
Foundation, bringing you news about the GNU Project.

The Free Software Foundation is dedicated to eliminating restrictions on
copying, redistribution, understanding, and modification of computer
programs.  We do this by promoting the development and use of free software
in all areas of computer use.  Specifically, we are putting together a
complete integrated software system named "GNU" (GNU's Not Unix) that will be
upwardly compatible with Unix.  Some large parts of this system are already
working, and we are distributing them now.

The word "free" in our name refers to two specific freedoms:  first, the
freedom to copy a program and give it away to your friends and co-workers;
second, the freedom to change a program as you wish, by having full access to
source code.  Furthermore, you can study the source and learn how such
programs are written.  You may then be able to port it, improve it, and share
your changes with others.

Other organizations distribute whatever free software happens to be
available.  By contrast, FSF concentrates on development of new free
software, working towards a GNU system complete enough to eliminate the need
to purchase a proprietary system.

Besides developing GNU, the Foundation has secondary functions:  producing
tapes and printed manuals of GNU software, carrying out distribution, and
accepting gifts to support GNU development.  We are tax exempt; you can
deduct donations to us on your tax returns.  Our development effort is funded
partly from donations and partly from distribution fees.  Note that the
distribution fees purchase just the service of distribution:  you never have
to pay anyone license fees to use GNU software, and you always have the
freedom to make your copy from a friend's computer at no charge (provided
your friend is willing).
To Subscribe:

For a paper GNUs Bulletin, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (US Postage
only) to:

Free Software Foundation
675 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA  02139
1-617-876-3296
[email-masked]

Including a small donation in U.S. funds would be appreciated.

We do not maintain a subscription list for the Bulletin.  It's too much
overhead.  Instead, read it in the gnUSENET newsgroup gnu.announce.  If you
don't have access to USENET news, then subscribe to the electronic mailing
list info-gnu (which is equivalent).  (Make your request of
[email-masked]).

Submissions:

[email-masked]

Related List:

[email-masked]

Back Issues:

[email-masked]

Contact:

[email-masked] or
Leonard H. Tower Jr. ([email-masked])

>>> HICNet Newsletter (MEDNEWS - The Health InfoCom Newsletter) <<<

The Health InfoCom Newsletter usually is published once a week.  The
newsletter is usually fairly large, so to facilitate network movement, it is
broken up into multiple sections.  These will always be clearly marked.

To Subscribe:

Send a message to [email-masked] with the first line

SUB MEDNEWS FirstName LastName

Back Issues:

You can request the newsletter via the LISTSERV by issuing the following
command:

TELL LISTSERV AT ASUACAD SEND HICNxxx NWS

(where xxx is issue volume number such as HICN228 NWS)

The newsletter is also available in the subdirectory HICNEWS for "anonymous
FTP" on the site "vm1.nodak.edu"

If you rather not receive the newsletter in sections via the normal listserv
distribution, and instead would rather request it from the LISTSERV or FTP on
your own, there is a notification list to let you know that a new issue has
been released.  Subscriptions to the notification list can be obtained by
sending e-mail to:

Bitnet:  ATW1H@ASUACAD
Internet:  [email-masked]

Submissions:

Like any other newsletter, we welcome and encourage submissions.  These can
be done electronically, or by any method preferred by the author.  We welcome
articles, regular columns, announcements of papers, call for volunteers, etc.

Contact:

If you have any questions,  please feel free to contact me via e-mail at
anytime.

David Dodell, DMD
Editor, HICNet News
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona
UUCP:  {gatech, ames, rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!ddodell
Bitnet:  ATW1H@ASUACAD FidoNet=) 1:114/15
Internet:  [email-masked] FAX: 1 (602) 451-1165

>>> History and Analysis of Disabilities Newsletter <<<

Covers news, conferences, seminars, books, articles, theses, research,
organizations, analysis, etc. on history of disabilities and disabled
persons, conceptual analysis of disability issues.  Produced 2 to 3 times per
year.  Sponsored by History of Disabilities Network, Centre for Independent
Living, Toronto (CILT), and ALTER - International Society for the History of
Disabilities (Paris).  Available in paper copy for $10 (US or Canadian funds)
for four issues.

To Subscribe:

E-mail message to FCTY7310@RYERSON

Submissions:

E-mail message or files to FCTY7310@RYERSON
Back Issues:

Will be stored on LISTSERV@RYERSON as DISHIST NEWS1, DISHIST NEWS2, DISHIST
NEWS3, etc. (No. 4 in preparation as of May 1991).  Use GET command to
LISTSERV at RYERSON with appropriate file name.

Contact:

Gary Woodill
Editor (FCTY7310@RYERSON)
School of Early Childhood Education, Ryerson Polytechnical Institute
350 Victoria St., Toronto, Ontario, Canada  M5B 2K3  Fax:  (416) 588-7489
Phone:  (416) 979-5000 Ext. 4533.

>>> Hot off the Tree (HOTT) <<<

HOTT is an electronic newsletter from the UCSD Library's Technology Watch
Information Group (TWIG).  HOTT contains excerpts and abstracts of articles
from trade journals, popular periodicals, online news services and electronic
bulletin boards.  The featured articles cover topics relating to developments
and issues in computer technology, networking, information transfer and
retrieval and issues surrounding the providing of those services.

To Subscribe:

HOTT is available on MELVYL, the University of California online catalog.
Anyone with access to telnet, can telnet MELVYL (31.0.0.13) and "show hott".
E-mail subscriptions currently only available to UCSD staff.  USCD library
staff contact Walt Thompson, all other UCSD staff should contact Jim Madden.

(note:  the real reason for this is that our e-mail system can't create
distribution lists with external addresses.  It's not that I don't want to
send it off campus, it's just too much trouble to address it to each person
individually.)

Submissions:

send to [email-masked] or [email-masked]

Back Issues:

same as submissions, specify ASCII or WordPerfect format (electronic only --
no print requests)

Contact:

Susan Jurist, SIO Library, 0175C, University of California at San Diego, La
Jolla, CA 92093.  619-534-7193

>>> IMPACT ONLINE <<<

The electronic version of IMPACT, the newsletter of the Social Impact group
of the Boston Computer Society.  The purpose of the Social Impact group is to
provide a forum for the discussion of social and ethical concerns related to
information technology.

Issues occurring on the interface of technology and society often emerge
first in the Boston area, because of the high concentration of high-tech
industry and services in this area.  Part of our work is to disseminate the
information from our meetings and writeups are part of IMPACT ONLINE.

To Subscribe:

- read on comp.society

Submissions and Back Issues:

send to [email-masked]

Contact:

Ian Wells ([email-masked])

>>> IHOUSE-L International Voice Newsletter Prototype List <<<

Electronic version of bi-semester publication of the International Office of
Washington University.  Contains articles of interest to international
students and scholars professors, administrators and other interested staff
and groups on and off-campus involved with and interested in our
international visitors.  The electronic version, in addition to an ASCII
version of the "official" hard-copy version, encourages article and idea
submission and development and feedback on articles and programs of our
office.

To Subscribe:

message to LISTSERV@WUVMD SUB IHOUSE-L Your Name

Submissions:

to IHOUSE-L@WUVMD or C73221DC@WUVMD

Related List:

N/A

Back Issues:

message to LISTSERV@WUVMD INDEX IHOUSE-L

Contact:

Doyle Cozadd, Listowner
C73221DC@WUVMD

>>> I.S.P.O.B. Bulletin YSSTI <<<

The IS P.O.B. (YU ISSN 0353-9334) -  Bulletin YSSTI is published in winter,
spring, summer and autumn by University of Maribor, Institute of Information
Sciences.  Volume 1  (4 issues)  will be published in 1991.  YSSTI stands for
"Yugoslav System for Scientific and Technology Information".  The
participants in this system can exchange news about functioning and
development of YSSTI and spread them among others in country and abroad.

ISSN: 0353-9334

OnLine Access:

Access to the Bulletin is gained by logging onto computer VAX8800 (RCUM).
Indirectly connections can be established
via X.25:(0220)16210020131;
via dial-up:3862-28-161 /1200 bps/
3862-20-361 /2400 bps/

To Subscribe:

You can subscribe by sending an e-mail with a single line
containing:SUBSCRIBE P.O.B.
to addresses
[email-masked] or
[email-masked] or
RCUM::POB  (DECnet only)

Advertising:

Miss Zora Bogdanovic, IS P.O.B., Presernova 17
62000 Maribor, Yugoslavia
e-mail:  [email-masked]
[email-masked] or
RCUM::ZORA (DECnet only)

Comments and inquiries:
IS P.O.B., Presernova 17
62000 Maribor, Yugoslavia
Tel.:  3862 222 333
Fax:  3862 29 617, 3862 29 135
e_mail:  [email-masked]
[email-masked] or
RCUM::ZORA (DECnet only)

Submissions:

You can submit materials by sending an e-mail with a subject "SUBMIT~ to
addresses
[email-masked] or
[email-masked] or
RCUM::POB  (DECnet only)

Back Issues:

OnLine (see "OnLine Access) or by sending an e_mail containing single line
GET number volnumber

Chapters from No 1/Vol 1:
Editorial, Readers' Forum, YSSTI - General, Infrastructure
OnLine News, Library and Information System
Systems for Specialized Information, Competition, Miscellaneous

Contact:

Davor Sostaric
University of Maribor, Yugoslavia
Institute of Information Sciences

e-mail:
[email-masked] or
[email-masked] or
[email-masked]

>>> Laboratory Primate Newsletter <<<

The Newsletter provides a central source of information about nonhuman
primates and related matters to scientists who use these animals in their
research and those whose work supports such research.  The Newsletter (1)
provides information on care and breeding of nonhuman primates for laboratory
research, (2) disseminates general information and news about the world of
primate research (such as announcements of meetings, research projects,
sources of information, nomenclature changes), (3) helps meet the special
research needs of individual investigators by publishing requests for
research material or for information related to specific research problems,
and (4) serves the cause of conservation of nonhuman primates by publishing
information on that topic.  As a rule, research articles or summaries
accepted for the Newsletter have some practical implications or provide
general information likely to be of interest to investigators in a variety of
areas of primate research.  However, special consideration will be given to
articles containing data on primates not conveniently publishable elsewhere.
General descriptions of current research projects on primates will also be
welcome.

ISSN:  0023-6861

To Subscribe:

The Newsletter appears quarterly and is intended primarily for persons doing
research with nonhuman primates.  Students should ask their department or
library to subscribe to the paper version.  Back issues may be purchased for
$2.00 each.  Subscribers outside the United States are asked to pay US$6.00
per year mailing charges (US$12 for air mail).  (Please make checks payable
to Brown University.) Readers with access to electronic mail may receive the
non-graphics contents of each issue by sending the message subscribe LPN-L
your-own-name  to  [email-masked]

Submissions:

The publication lag is typically no longer than the 3 months between issues
and can be as short as a few weeks.  The deadline for inclusion of a note or
article in any given issue of the Newsletter has in practice been somewhat
flexible, but is technically the tenth of December, March, June, or
September, depending on which issue is scheduled to appear next.  Reprints
will not be supplied under any circumstances.

Articles, notes, and announcements should be submitted in duplicate and all
copy should be double spaced.  Articles in the References section should be
referred to in the text by author(s) and date of publication, as for example:
Smith (1960) or (Smith and Jones, 1962).  Names of journals should be spelled
out completely in the References section.  Technical names of monkeys should
be indicated at least once in each note and article.  In general, to avoid
inconsistencies within the Newsletter, the scientific names used will be
those in Mammal Species of The World:  A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference,
J. H. Honacki, K. E. Kinman, and J. W. Koeppl (Eds.). Lawrence, KA: Allen
Press and the Association of Systematics Collections, 1982.  For an
introduction to and review of primate nomenclature see the chapter by Maryeva
Terry in A. M. Schrier (Ed.), Behavioral Primatology:  Advances in Research
and Theory (Vol. 1).  Hillsdale, NJ:  Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1977.

Contact:

All correspondence concerning the Newsletter should be addressed to:

Judith E. Schrier, Psychology Department, Box 1853, Brown University
Providence, Rhode Island 02912.  [Phone:  401-863-2511; FAX:  401-863-1300]
Bitnet address:  PRIMATE@BROWNVM

>>> Law and Politics Book Review <<<

We seek to comprehensively review books of interest to political scientists
studying law, the courts, and the judicial process.  Reviews are commissioned
by the editor; they are published within a week of receipt.  However, the
Review is organized into 12 monthly issues for each annual volume.  The first
issue was March, 1991.  We try to review books within six months of their
publication (although we are still catching up from the backlog of unreviewed
books existing when we began operation).  Length of reviews varies from 750
to 2500 words.

ISSN: 1062-7421

To Subscribe:

(NB - you must subscribe to the list, PSRT-L to receive the Review.)

Send the following to LISTSERV@UMCVMB:  SUBSCRIBE PSRT-L your name

Submissions:

None; all reviews are commissioned.

Related List:

PSRT-L is a moderated discussion list on Bitnet which deals with issues of
interest to professional political scientists, both researchers and teachers.
Submissions from all sub-fields of political science as well as related
disciplines are encouraged.  The list is not intended to serve as a public
forum for debate over current issues in politics, as other lists already fill
that niche.  Rather it is intended to provide an opportunity for political
scientists to present their ideas and ongoing research for discussion, to
consider the directions in which the discipline is advancing, and to
encourage the dissemination of new concepts in research and teaching.  In
addition to ongoing discussions, the list editors would like to post
announcements of job openings and upcoming conferences.  PSRT-L also
publishes The Law and Politics Book Review.  Finally, a series of files are
available though listserv.

To Subscribe:  (To the List and the Review)

Send the following to LISTSERV@UMCVMB:  SUBSCRIBE PSRT-L your name

Contact:

Herbert Jacob, Department of Political Science, North-western University
Evanston, Il.  60201; voice phone (708) 491-2648.
E-mail: [email-masked].

>>> Leonardo Electronic News <<<

Leonardo Electronic News is a monthly (comes out mid-month) electronic
bulletin board and newsletter distributed by ISAST over the electronic
networks. It carries items linked to the journal Leonardo such as Words
on Works, member news, Leonardo calls for papers, product evaluations, book
reviews and a calendar.

Executive Editor: Craig Harris  Editor: Nancy Nelson
Associate Editor: Judy Malloy

Published by Leonardo, the International Society for the Arts,
Sciences and Technology (ISAST).

To Subscribe:

Send requests for subscription to Leonardo Electronic News (LEN) to:
<[email-masked]> with the message: SUB LEN, your name, email
address and postal address.

Contact:

[email-masked]

>>> Link Letter <<<

The Link Letter is published by:  Merit/NSFNET Information Services, 2901
hubbard, Pod G, Arbor, Michigan, 48109-2016.

To Subscribe:

To receive the electronic version of the Link Letter send your requests to:
[email-masked]

Contact:

For further information, you can contact the editor (Patricia Smith) at
1-800-66-MERIT or send e-mail to:  [email-masked]

>>> List Review Service <<<

The LIST REVIEW SERVICE quantitatively and qualitatively explores e-mail
distribution lists (primarily BITNET LISTSERV Lists). The cataract of
information available to those with network access make all but the most
cursory examinations of lists possible.  Akin to book and restaurant reviews,
each issue begins with a narrative description of usually one week's worth of
monitoring, then presents simple statistical data such as the number of
messages and lines, number of queries and non-queries, number of subscribers
and countries represented, list owner, location, and how to subscribe.

The editor sees the publication as a means to cross-fertilize user
perceptions of network resources (i.e., active proselytization for
cyberspace). The service attempts to explore as wide a range of lists as
possible, from the hard sciences to the fuzziest of the humanities.

ISSN: 1060-8192

Posted bi-weekly on LIBREF-L. To subscribe to LIBREF-L, send a single line
message with no subject to Bitnet address LISTSERV@KENTVM or Internet address
[email-masked] consisting of: SUBSCRIBE LIBREF-L your_name

Submissions:

No

Related List:

LIBREF-L

Back Issues:

Available by searching the LIBREF-L archives by ISSN (1060-8192), or by
request from the editor of the LIST REVIEW SERVICE.

Contact:

Raleigh C. Muns, Editor, Reference Librarian
[email-masked]
Thomas Jefferson Library
University of Missouri-St. Louis
8001 Natural Bridge Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63121
ph: (314) 553-5059

>>> MAB Northern Sciences Network Newsletter <<<

Information Newsletter for MAB Northern Sciences Network members and other
interested persons.  The context includes information on MAB NSN and other
MAB relevant research activities, list of publications and newsletters, and
a conference calendar.  Released twice a year (in April and October).

ISSN:  1014-7470

To Subscribe:

Subscriptions to the address:  [email-masked]
SUBSCRIBE NSNNEWS e-mail address full name

Submissions:

[email-masked]

Back Issues:

Instructions are given when you join the list.

Contact:

Ms. Anna-Liisa Sippola, Arctic Centre, University of Lapland, P.O. Box 122,
96101 Rovaniemi, Finland.  e-mail:  [email-masked]

>>> Machine Readable Texts News <<<

The purpose of Project Gutenberg is to encourage the creation and
distribution of English language electronic texts.  We prefer the texts to be
made available in pure ASCII formats so they would be most easily converted
to use in various hardware and software.  A file of this nature will also be
made available in various markup formats as it is used in various
environments.  However we accept files in ANY format, and will do our best to
provide them in all.

We assist in the selection of hardware and software as well as in their
installation and use.  We also assist in scanning, spelling checkers,
proofreading, etc.  Our goal is to provide a collection of 10,000 of the most
used books by the year 2001, and to reduce, and we do mean reduce, the
effective costs to the user to a price of approximately one cent per book,
plus the cost of media and of shipping and handling.  Thus we hope the entire
cost of libraries of this nature will be about $100 plus the price of the
disks and CDROMS and mailing.  Currently the price of making CDROMS is said
to be about $500 for mastering and then $5 per copy.  I have it on fairly
good authority that these prices are negotiable, and as actual cost, the
price per CDROM is about $1.80.

Therefore, we call on all interested parties to get involved with the
creation and distribution of electronic texts, whether it's a commitment to
typing, scanning, proofreading, collecting, or what ever your pleasure might
be.

Please do not hesitate to send any e-texts you might find to this address.
If you prefer sending disks, a mailing address follows.  We hope to be
thanking you soon for your participation.

To Subscribe:

The easiest way for you to find out about Project Gutenberg is to via
subscription to the GUTNBERG listserver.  You can do it by sending the
following message to [email-masked]:

SUB GUTNBERG YOUR NAME

Your name must have at least two words.  Do not use the long extensions
describing your position as it delays mailers, at least on some occasions.
Bitnet address preferred, but Internet addresses usually work, and I can
usually figure, with the help of our consultants, how to get mail to odder
addresses we receive.

Contact:

Please don't hesitate to ask for specific information so it is included in
the GUTNBERG mailings. Please send these question messages separately from
your subscription message.

Michael S. Hart, Director, Project Gutenberg
National Clearinghouse for Machine Readable Texts
Bitnet:  HART@UIUCVMD
Internet:  [email-masked]

(GUTNBERG server at [email-masked])  (Internet:
[email-masked].   Server only recognizes subscription commands.
Others routed to me)

"The trend of library policy is clearly toward the ideal of making all
information available without delay to all people."
-The Software Toolworks Illustrated Encyclopedia (TM)  (c) 1990 Grolier
Electronic Publishing, Inc.

The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the views of any person
or institution.  Neither Prof Hart nor Project Gutenberg have any official
contacts with the University of Illinois, SIMTEL20 or TRW.

>>> Material Science in Israel Newsletter <<<

A newsletter on Bitnet, for people interested in Material Sciences,
established so that important local and international information can be
disseminated efficiently and rapidly to all interested parties.  In the first
stage the newsletter will cover the following information:

ANNOUNCEMENT OF UPCOMING LECTURES AND COLLOQUIA
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WORKSHOPS
UPCOMING VISITS OF PROMINENT SCIENTISTS
CALLS FOR PROPOSALS (from the NCRD and other agencies)

To Subscribe:

Send the following message to LISTSERV@TAUNIVM:  SUB MATERI-L

Submissions:

You are welcome to send any newsworthy item to:  MATERIALS@ILNCRD and it will
be forwarded to this mailing list.

Contact:

Dr. Michael Wolff
Coordinator for the Exact Sciences
National Council for Research and Development
WOLFF@ILNCRD

>>> MichNet News (previously Merit Network News) <<<

The Quarterly free newsletter of MichNet, Michigan's regional network (run by
Merit Network, Inc.).  The MichNet News is the free newsletter of MichNet,
Michigan's regional computer network.  It contains information about MichNet
and about hosts and services that can be reached through MichNet.  The
MichNet News is published both electronically and on paper.

NB:  The information about getting back issues of the Merit Network News is
the same as getting back issues of the MichNet News.

To Subscribe:

Contact the MichNet News at [email-masked] (this is not a listserv, so
please say something human) or at MichNet News, Merit Network, Inc., 1075
Beal Ave.  NDSB, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2112 or at 313-764-9430.  Be sure to
tell us whether you want the news on paper or electronically, and what
address it should be sent to.

Submissions:

Accepted, but must be relevant to network users in Michigan.  Articles with
a slant towards "What can I do with my network connection?" or which
highlight a MichNet member or affiliate are preferred.  There is no payment
for writing an article for The MichNet News, only our deepest thanks.  To
submit articles to the News, send them to the editor at [email-masked] .

Back Issues:

Available by anonymous FTP from nic.merit.edu or nis.nsf.net, or in paper for
by writing to the address above, or sending mail to [email-masked]

Contact:
Pat McGregor, Editor
UserW02V@UMICHUM - Bitnet
[email-masked]
(313) 764-9430

>>> MICnews <<<

Microcomputer and advanced workstation computing news relevant to the
computing populace at the University of California, Los Angeles; published at
the Microcomputer Information Center, UCLA

To Subscribe:

Send an e-mail message to [email-masked] (the subject line of the
message is ignored, and can be anything).  The text of the message should be
a single line, which reads as follows -- SUBSCRIBE MICNEWS (first name) (last
name).

Submissions:

If the material would have relevance to an audience primarily at UCLA, we
would be happy to accept submissions.  Send them to the editor, Bob Cooper,
at [email-masked] or [email-masked].

Back Issues:

Back issues cannot be accessed at present.

Contact:

Editor: Bob Cooper
E-mail: [email-masked] or CSMIBOB@UCLAMVS
Phone: (213) 825-7408

>>> NEARnet Newsletter <<<

A quarterly publication for users of NEARnet and others who are interested in
academic and research networking.  The newsletter contains articles about
NEARnet services, member organizations, and plans for the future.

To Subscribe:

(or submit a news item), write to [email-masked] or to
NEARnet, Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc., 10 Moulton Street, Mail
Stop 6/3B, Cambridge, MA 02138, (617) 873-8730.

Back Issues:

NEARnet Newsletter is available through anonymous FTP at (nic.near.net) in
the directory "newsletters".  There are three separate sub-directories:
"1989", "1990", and a new online user information focused newsletter called
NEARnet this Month, in the directory "newsletters/nearnet-this-month".

>>> Network Audio Bits and Audio Software Review <<<

Network Audio  Bits and  Audio Software Review is an electronic audio
magazine devoted primarily to Compact Disc and Vinyl LP Record reviews.  I've
also recently begun covering some 'underground'/independent types of
material. Issues feature both above and below ground reviews, news and
information.  Many forms of music are represented in the 'pages' of Network
Audio Bits.  So far reviews have covered Rock and Roll, Folk, R&B, Pop, Funk,
World music, Jazz and some underground music.

To Subscribe:

Subscriptions to Network Audio Bits and Audio Software Review are available
by sending your name and network address to [email-masked].  Upon receipt
of your mail, you will be added to the subscription list and will have
N-Audio Bits sent to you starting with the next issue.  I've gotten fairly
comfortable with putting out an issue every two months.  I've considered
trying to do this monthly, but the amount of time and work involved (in
addition to a real job and family life) make monthly publication unlikely in
the near future.  Should you lose your network access or have a change of
network address, please send mail to have your subscription address changed
or deleted.

Back Issues:

Back issues are currently available via anonymous FTP at dg-rtp.dg.com
(128.222.1.2).  The back issues are in the "pub/AudioBits" directory when
they login as "anonymous" and their "username@system" for password.  If
Internet access is not available, e-mail can be sent to me at
[email-masked] and I will e-mail back issues.

Submissions:

If you are interested in reviewing either audio hardware or software, feel
free to discuss the details of reviews with the editor.  It would be best to
query the editor to make sure that the item you wish to review is acceptable.
Reviewers are encouraged to cover any and all types of music.  Completed
reviews should be sent to the editor [email-masked].  I would like to
keep hardware reviews to a minimum, perhaps one or two reviews per issue, as
I would like to focus on audio software and especially Compact Discs.

Album/CD Review Guidelines:

What I look for in a review is writing that shows that you have not only
heard the album, Compact Disc or cassette which you are reviewing, but that
you have also listened to it.  The manufacturing of CDs has caught up enough
so that I'd like to feature new releases.Or, in the case of a title which is
finally being released on CD, new reissues.  Heck, I guess there are a number
of LPs that might be worthy of mention if they are being reissued as well.
Unfortunately, the LP is becoming scarce in the world of hi-tech digital
wizardry.  I would also prefer that cassettes be reviewed only when a
cassette is the only medium that the title has been released on.

Here's what I'd like as a general format for reviews.  All of the information
concerning the Disc or LP should be able to be found on the album where all
credits are given.  The performance and sound quality scales are your
opinions.

Title
Artist
Producer(s)
Engineer(s)
Label/Catalog #
Playing Time
Song Titles
Rating (between 1 and 5 stars ) optional
What format was reviewed (CD, LP, Cassette)
Release date
SPARS code (For CDs - will explain below)
----------
And review text, of course...

The SPARS code represents a standard proposed by the Society of Professional
Audio Recording Studios (SPARS).  Many CDs have this three letter code
printed somewhere on their information booklets.  The three letters
correspond to the type of recorder used for recording, mixing and mastering
of the disc (analog or digital).  For example, a disc with the code "ADD"
would show that the disc was an analog recording, mixed and mastered
digitally.

Contact:

Michael A. Murphy
[email-masked]

>>> NetMonth <<<

An independant guide to BITNET.

[NEED DESCRIPTION, SUBSCRIPTION and BACK ISSUES INFO]

To Subscribe:

Send the following message to [email-masked]:

subscribe netmonth firstname lastname

Contact:

Philip Baczewski  nmonthed@untvm1

>>> Net-News <<<

A newsletter devoted to library and information resources on the Internet
sponsored by Metronet.

To Subscribe:

Send email request to [email-masked] or [email-masked]

Submissions:

Send to [email-masked]

Related List:

none

Available in the LIBSOFT archive (FTP hydra.uwo.ca)

Contact:

Dana Noonan
Metronet
7th and Robert St.
St. Paul, MN 55101
[email-masked]

>>> Newsbrief <<<

A weekly publication of the Office of Information Technology at the
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.  Newsbrief provides a variety of
information and feature articles for an audience composed primarily of campus
users but also including many off-campus readers.  Class listings, meetings,
demonstrations, and announcements are included, as well as articles on
communications developments and applications, and articles of interest
reprinted from other publications.

To Subscribe:

Send the following message to [email-masked]:

subscribe oit-news firstname lastname

Submissions:

Send to Newsbrief Editor, [email-masked]

Back Issues:

Available through subscription or through the campus information system,
INFO.

Contact:

Karen C. Blansfield, Newsbrief Editor
[email-masked] or [email-masked].
Or contact Judy Hallman, [email-masked].

>>> NewsBytes <<<

A computing newsletter for the Northern Arizona University faculty, staff,
and students.  This newsletter provides tips and techniques on the popular
software used on the NAU campus, product reviews, computer lab schedules,
etc.

To Subscribe:

Send mailing address to:
NewsBytes Editor
Computer Services
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5100
or e-mail to: [email-masked]

Back issues:

Back issues (if available) can be requested from the above address.

Contact:

Caren Williams
same address and e-mail address as above

>>> Newsletter on Serials Pricing Issues <<<

Scope of newsletter is pricing of library serials.  Contributions include
examples of titles considered to be overpriced, as well as of Publishers'
actions to keep prices down; strategies for coping with serials price
increases; information about libraries' evaluation and cancellation policies
and procedures; announcements of relevant meetings; reports from relevant
meetings; and other news of serials prices.

ISSN:  1046-3410

To Subscribe:

Message to [email-masked] or message to editor at [email-masked]

Submissions:

message to editor at [email-masked]

Back Issues:

available from editor

Contact:

Marcia Tuttle, Editor, [email-masked];
Telephone, 919 962-1067; Fax, 919 962-0484;
Paper mail, Serials Department, CB #3938
Davis Library, University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill NC 27599-3938.

>>> Newsline <<<

Newsline is an electronic newsletter describing additions to or changes in
Comserve, the electronic information and discussion service for communication
faculty and students.  The information appearing in Newsline generally takes
the form of announcements of additions to Comserve's database, new services
offered through Comserve's electronic conferences, or more fundamental
changes in the services offered by Comserve.

Comserve offers a variety of academic resources for communication scholars.
Among these resources are:

a database consisting of hundreds of files containing conference
announcements, bibliographies, research tools, course syllabi, other
instructional materials, curricula descriptions, etc.;

a suite of 20 electronic conferences addressing topics in communication
scholarship;

searchable indexes to disciplinary journals that supply bibliographic
information to the user;

an electronic "white pages" containing e-mail addresses of communication
scholars and students.

For more information about Comserve, send electronic mail containing the word
"help" on the first line of the message (without quotation marks) to:
Comserve@Rpiecs (Bitnet) or [email-masked] (Internet).  (No other
words or punctuation marks should appear in the message.  Technically,
Comserve is a computer program; it is confused by extraneous information.)

To Subscribe:

Individuals may subscribe to Newsline by electronic messaging to
Comserve@Rpiecs or [email-masked], with the following command on the
first line of the message:

Subscribe Newsline Your_Name

for example: Subscribe Newsline John Smith

(No other words or punctuation marks should appear in the message.)

Submissions:

Since information contained in Newsline must be related to Comserve,
submissions to the newsletter are not sought.  However, individuals wishing
to publicize research, educational, or professional activities relevant to
communication studies should send information to Comserve's editorial staff
(send e-mail to Support@Rpiecs or [email-masked]; real people will
respond to your submission.) All relevant information will be entered in
Comserve's database and/or distributed to Comserve's users via the
appropriate electronic conference.

Back Issues:

Back issues are catalogued and named in the "News Directry".  To retrieve
this file, send the following command to Comserve at either of the addresses
listed above:

Send News Directry

Back issues of Newsline may be obtained from Comserve by using the "send"
command to request files containing specific issues.  For example:

Send News035 Comserve

Contact:

Timothy Stephen
Teresa Harrison
Comserve Co-Directors
Support@Rpiecs or [email-masked]

>>> News of Earth <<<

Alternative source of global news and information accessible to users of
computing networks worldwide through electronic mail and local redistribution
systems.  News of Earth consists of seven components:

NewsE-A Analysis:  Analysis of global news.

NewsE-B Bulletins:  Late-breaking global news.

NewsE-C Commentary:  Commentary on global news.

NewsE-D Distribution:  Global news monitored from shortwave radio broadcasts.
It continues JBH Online (Online-L), published from 1987 through 1990 (Issues
1-213).

NewsE-I Interviews:  Interviews on global issues.

NewsE-L Letters:  News and reaction from readers.

NewsE-S Supplements:  Additional news and information from electronic and
print sources.  News of Earth supplements continues JBH News
(JBHNewsL),published in 1990 (Issues 1-4).

NewsE is a "superlist" which includes all seven components listed above.

ISSN 1052-2239

Available separately (as NewsE-x) or combined (as NewsE) by free subscription
from
     ListServ@IndyCMS
     [email-masked]

To Subscribe:

SUB NEWSE-x (where x is A, B, C, D, I, L or S) *or*
SUB NEWSE sent to ListServ@IndyCMS will do the trick

Contact:

John B Harlan
([email-masked]) (JBHarlan@IndyVAX)

>>> NIBNews - A Monthly Electronic Bulletin About Medical Informatics <<<

The newsletter has the objetive of disseminating information about Brazilian
(and Latin-american) activities, people, information, events, publications,
software, etc., in the area of computer applications in healthcare, medicine
and biology. It is issued on a monthly basis to voluntary subscribers, only.
It is written in English. There is a printed, longer, version, which is also
available through common mail to anyone wishing to receive it. The newsletter
started in June 1992.

To Subscribe:

To subscribe or to signoff, e-mail a short notice to the Editor at the
address below. Please state if you would like to receive the printed
newsletter, too.

Submissions:

The Editor accepts short comments, news, announcements of products, software,
courses, events, etc. whenever they are related to the newsletter subject and
geographical area. Publication is not assured, however.

Related List:

none

Back Issues:

Vol 1, No. 1. Other back issues, when they are available, may be requested to
the editor.

Contact:

Renato M.E. Sabbatini, PhD, Professor of Medical Informatics. Center for
Biomedical Informatics of the State University of Campinas.
Tel. +55 192 397130  Fax. +55 192 394717   Tlx. +55 19 1150
E-mail: [email-masked] or [email-masked]
Address: P.O. Box 6005, Campinas, SP 13081 - BRAZIL

>>> NLSNews Newsletter <<<

QUARTERLY NEWSLETTER FOR THE NATIONAL LONGITUDINAL SURVEYS OF LABOR MARKET
EXPERIENCE (NLS).  The NLS newsletter is issued quarterly by the Center for
Human Resource Research, The Ohio State University, with funding provided by
the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.  It is distributed
in both hardcopy and electronic form to researchers utilizing NLS data as
well as to other interested persons.  A typical issue contains:  updates on
the status and availability of NLS data tapes and CD-ROMs for the six NLS
cohorts (the Older Men, Mature Women, Young Men, Young Women, NLSY(Youth),
and NLSY Children); notices to researchers of data file or documentation
errors; summaries of in-progress and completed NLS research; and other
information of general interest to the NLS research community.

To Subscribe:

A description of the subscription service that enables users to automatically
receive, as soon as it becomes available, the latest issue of the NLS
Newsletter and/or error updates (see "Related List" below) can be found in
the file SUBSCRIBE.INFO, available via NLSERVE@OHSTHR, the Center's
fileserver.

Bitnet users should use the following command syntax and the NLSERVE commands
listed below:

For VAX/VMS users:  SEND NLSERVE@OHSTHR nlserve_command; e.g.
SEND NLSERVE@OHSTHR HELP or
SEND SUBSCRIBE.INFO
For IBM/VM users:  TELL NLSERVE AT OHSTHR nlserve_command:  e.g.
TELL NLSERVE AT OHSTHR HELP or
TELL SUBSCRIBE.INFO

For IBM/MVS TSO users:Command syntax is site dependent, consult your local
user services representative.

Back Issues:

Issues of NLS UPDATE are available electronically beginning with the Fall
1987 issue.  Hardcopy issues are available back to Issue 1 (April 1974).

Past issues of the NLS Newsletter are also available to Bitnet users via
NLSERVE@OHSTHR.  A directory (file NLSDIR.LIS) provides a listing of all
current files while AAREADME.DOC offers a text description.

Valid NLSERVE commands are:

HELP For help information, broadcast directly to the user's terminal device.
INFO For general introduction to the Center and NLSERVE.
DIR  For a directory listing of available files.
SEND filename.filetype - For requesting a specific file:
SEND NLSERVE@OHSTHR SEND AAREADME.DOC.

Related List:

NLSUPDATE - ERROR UPDATE SERVICE

Contact:

Gale James (JAMES@OHSTHR) or 614-442-7335.

>>> OE-CALL: Old English Computer-Assisted Language Learning Newsletter <<<

OE-CALL is an electronic newsletter for persons interested in
computer-assisted language learning methods for teaching Old English.  The
newsletter is edited by Clare Lees and Patrick W. Conner and is a publication
of ANSAXNET, on whose server it is resident.  OE-CALL seeks to provide an
electronic forum for discussion of the use of computers in teaching Old
English and related subjects, and act as a clearing-house for information
about relevant software, research projects, conferences, and publications.
We encourage subscribers to submit their own views on software or recent
conference sessions/computing demonstrations; we will include any relevant
reports on research and development in future issues.  OE-CALL, which now has
a subscription list of approximately 50 members, can be joined by sending an
electronic message to Pat Conner or Clare Lees.  We prefer to send out issues
in electronic form only, but will mail copies to subscribers who have no
access to computing facilities.

To Subscribe:

To obtain copies (1st issue is out; 2nd in preparation) contact U47C2@WVNVM.

Contact:

EDITORS
Clare Lees,                    Patrick W. Conner
Department of English          Department of English
Fordham University             West Virginia University
Bronx, New York                Morgantown, WV 26506
e-mail:  [email-masked]  e-mail:  [email-masked]

>>> Output <<<

The newsletter of The Florida State University Computing Center which is
published three times per year.  Topics include networking, microcomputing,
mainframe computing, and supercomputing on campus - including use of
computers in classroom and research computing at FSU.

To Subscribe:

Send your request addressed to the Editor, Florida State University Computing
Center, 200 Sliger Building, Tallahassee, FL  32306-3042., or by e-mail to
[email-masked] or [email-masked].

Submissions:

Send materials along with a letter which includes permission to reprint in
whole or in part the material, and also include a short biography.

Back Issues:

Requests to receive or reprint articles from back issues should be sent to
the Editor at The Florida State University Computing Center, 200 Sliger
Building, Tallahassee, FL 32306-3042, or e-mail:
[email-masked] or [email-masked].

Contact:

Contact Suzanne C. Nelson at The Florida State University Computing Center,
200 Sliger Building, Tallahassee, FL  32306-3042 or by e-mail
[email-masked] or [email-masked].

>>> Political Analysis and Research Cooperation (PARC) News Bulletin <<<

Newsletter on political analysis, political behavior, political communication
and political culture. The purpose of PARC is to encourage and facilitate
scientific research on human behavior in political life.  Appropriate
subfields are political psychology, political communication and behavios,
political sociology and political economy. Specific attention is given to
political change and culture in comparative and historical perspective.

To Subscribe:

Send e-mail or Fax (group 3) address or number to: Internet:
[email-masked] or fax to +45 33122613

Submissions:

Only e-mail material submitted to the above address is accepted for
re-distribution.

Contact:

Professor Tom Bryder
[email-masked]

>>> Principia Cybernetica Newsletter <<<

Newsletter for the participants and people interested in keeping informed
about the Principia Cybernetica Project (PCP). PCP is a computer-supported
collaborative attempt to develop an integrated evolutionary-systemic
philosophy or world view. Its contributors are distributed over several
continents and they keep contact mainly by electronic mail (mailing list
PRNCYB-L), also by annual meetings, the printed (and electronic) Newsletter,
and postal mail. PCP focuses on the clear formulation of basic concepts and
principles of the cybernetic approach. This should lead to a semantic network
of concepts and links, implemented as a hypertext. The PCP philosophy starts
from the self-organization of multi-level systems through blind variation and
natural selection. This leads to a process metaphysics, a
constructive-selectionist epistemology, and an evolutionary ethics.

To Subscribe:

Send a 1 to 2 page letter, giving your address and affiliations and
motivating your interest in the Project to the Newsletter editor (F.
Heylighen). For the electronic mailing list: send a similar message to the
List owner (C. Joslyn). The subscription is free.

Submissions:

Preferably in electronic form (email, Mac or MS-DOS diskette, ASCII or TeX
format) to the editor. Submissions are evaluated and edited on the basis of
their relevance to the Project.

Related List:

[email-masked] (Listserv mailing list)

Back Issues:

available on request from the editor

Contact:

Dr. Francis Heylighen  (Newsletter editor)
PO, Free University of Brussels, Pleinlaan 2, B -1050 Brussels, Belgium
Phone: +32-2-6412525
Fax: +32-2-6412489
Email: [email-masked]

Cliff Joslyn (List owner)
Systems Science, SUNY Binghamton,
327 Spring St. # 2,
Portland ME 04102, USA.
Phone/Fax: 207/774-0029 (Fax after notice by phone)
Email: [email-masked]

>>> Prompt <<<

Prompt contains news tips and briefs for the NCSU campus community.
Complements our paper newsletter Connect which is only published five
times/year.  Prompt is designed to provide the campus with timely, up-to-date
information concerning all platforms of computing.  Prompt is published in
two formats, paper and electronic mail.  The paper version is only sent to
campus mail addresses.

To Subscribe:

To subscribe to the e-mail version, send e-mail to
[email-masked] or LISTSERV@NCSUVM
The first line of your mail message should read:  SUB PROMPT-L your name

The latest version of Prompt is also available on our campus wide information
system Happenings!.  To reach Happenings!, TELNET to CCVAX1.CC.NCSU.EDU and
log on as INFO.  Go to the Newsletters and Journals section and choose
Prompt.

Submissions:

Information printed is normally just what is relevant to the NCSU campus, but
if you have something to submit, it should go to the editor, Sarah Noell,
NOELL@NCSUVM or [email-masked].

Back Issues:

Issues of Prompt are archived in log files by month.  To get a copy of the
log file, send e-mail to:  LISTSERV@NCSUVM with the message "GET PROMPT-L
LOGyymm" where yy is the year and mm is the month.  Or you can FTP in as user
anonymous to NCSUVM.CC.NCSU.EDU, CD to the LISTSERV directory and do a GET
for the log file.

Contact:

Contact for more information is Sarah Noell, Editor.  Send e-mail to
[email-masked] or call or write to Sarah at NCSU Computing Center, Box
7109, Raleigh, NC  27695-7109, (919) 515-5420.

>>> The Purple Thunderbolt of Spode (PURPS) <<<

Official e-mail magazine of the OTISian faith (a small but growing cult
worshiping OTIS, the ancient Sumerian God/dess of life) carrying news,
fiction, poetry, humor, and the pure, unadulterated SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE
to its subscribers.

To Subscribe:

email to:  [email-masked]  (prefered) or   [email-masked]

Back Issues:

E-mail to the editor or via anon. FTP from Quartz.Rutgers.edu /pub/purps.
Additionally issues can be obtained by writing to:
[email-masked]

Contact:

[email-masked] (prefered)
[email-masked]

>>> REACH - Research and Educational Applications of Computers in the
      Humanities <<<

Reach is the newsletter of the Humanities Computing Facility of the
University of California, Santa Barbara.  It is published four times a year.

To Subscribe:

[email-masked]
[email-masked]

Submissions:

Any material of general interest to computing humanists, including
announcements of new list servers, projects and conferences.

Back Issues:

FTP ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu, or FTP 128.111.122.50

Log on with the name "anonymous," and use your e-mail address as a password.

Next, move to the directory containing the files by entering the command:  cd
hcf

Now get a list of all the file names by entering the command:  ls

Then, to transfer any of the files to your own system, enter the command:
get filename

Note:  for those on a CMS/VM system the file called readme must be retrieved
by the command get readme.memo.  This file shows the contents of each of the
files in the directory and gives detailed instructions for the FTP process,
including the complete log of an actual FTP session.  Finally, end your
session with the quit command.

Back issues are also available on LISTSERV, send the the command INDEX REACH
to listserv@ucsbuxa.

Contact:

Eric Dahlin
HCF1DAHL@UCSBUXA

>>> Rezo, bulletin irregulomadaire du RQSS <<<

E-Newsletter of RQSS (Regroupement Quebecois des Sciences Sociales)

To Subscribe:

send to ListServ@UQuebec SUB RQSS Your_name

Submissions:

Send your message to RQSS@UQuebec

Related List:

RQSS list is open to anyone interested in social science research in Quebec
and/or about Quebec.  You should be aware of the fact that most if not all
the communication is in French.

Back Issues:

send to ListServ@UQuebec INDEX RQSS

Contact:
Pierre J. Hamel
Institut national de la recherche scientifique
INRS-Urbanisation
3465, rue Durocher
Montreal, Quebec  H2X 2C6
(514) 499-4014
[email-masked]

>>> St. Petersburg Business News <<<

The "St. Petersburg Business News" was established in August 1991 in
order to more effectively distribute information about business in St.
Petersburg. The St. Petersburg Business Agency is responsible for
distribution of the News via E-mail.

Currently, the Agency distributes the St. Petersburg Business News in
Russian every weekday (15-30 kilobytes daily) and in English (5-10
kilobytes twice a week). The News contains a digest of business
information extracted from Russian and St. Petersburg morning newspapers,
stock exchange reports, reports from the News' own correspondents and the
Mayor's Office, official reports and documents from various sources as
well as other general information of interest to the business community.

As a subscriber to the News, you may special order additional
information form the Agency regarding laws, regulations and decrees of the
City Council and the Mayor's Office and may receive special personal
consultations with the highly skilled and knowledgeable staff of the
Agency regarding foreign investment, establishing joint ventures,
intellectual property protection, and technology transfer. Detailed
analytical reviews of the St. Petersburg economic situation including
commentaries and forecasts will also be periodically available to
subscribers.

To Subscribe:

The "St.Petersburg Business News" is not free. The information about cost of
subscription and the sample of "News" can be obtained by mailing to contact
address.

Contact:

Elena Artemova
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

>>> SCUP BITNET NEWS <<<

SCUP Bitnet News is a service of the Society for College and University
Planning (SCUP) designed to promote the mission of the society and support
its activities.  SCUP Bitnet News provides frequent and timely exchange of
information among its members as well as non-members interested in higher
education planning through the use of Bitnet, an electronic communication
medium.  Contents of the newsletter are selected on the basis of interest and
value to the membership, particularly those which advance the state of the
art in planning; improve the understanding and application of the tools,
techniques, processes and strategies of planning; advance the professional
development of the membership; and widen the base of support for planning in
higher education.  The biweekly electronic newsletter includes notices of
national and regional SCUP meetings and other relevant meetings; pertinent
news items; identification of useful articles, books, or other materials;
requests from the members for information on current issues or concerns; job
postings of interest to the members; and other time-sensitive information of
membership relevance.

Bitnet exists for the benefit of scholars in our colleges and universities.
It is supported by the contributions of both time and funding from
Bitnet-member institutions.  It is not to be used for commercial purposes,
such as soliciting business, advertising products or services, and the like.

To Subscribe:

The SCUP Bitnet News is a service provided to SCUP members; however, those
who are interested in higher education and are not SCUP members also are
invited to subscribe.  To subscribe to SCUP Bitnet News send an electronic
mail note to the editor (Joanne Cate:  budlao@uccvma) or the associate editor
(Betsey Creekmore:  pa94858@utkvm1) with the following information:

Your Name:
Your E-mail Address (userid @ node):
Institution:
Address:
City/State/Zip:
Telephone:(    )

Upon receipt of your request, notification will follow that your name has
been added to the subscription list.  You will also receive via electronic
mail the two most recent issues of the newsletter.

Please notify the editor or associate editor of any address changes or
subscription cancellations.  To change addresses or cancel your subscription,
send a note to Joanne Cate (budlao @ uccvma) or Betsey Creekmore
(pa94858@utkvm1) and provide your name and e-mail address.

Submissions:

Contributions are very much desired, but should be formatted electronically
with no more than 73 characters per line.  Copy deadlines are provided at the
end of every issue.  Materials should be sent to:  Joanne Cate
(budlao@uccvma) or Betsey Creekmore (pa94858@utkvm1)

Contributors who submit "requests for information" and desire readers'
responses should include a contact name, institution, address, telephone, and
e-mail address.

Back Issues:

At this time, an electronic index has not yet been set up.  In lieu of an
electronic index, new subscribers are provided with the two most recent
issues of the newsletter and an index of issues transmitted during the
calendar year.

Contact:

If you would like to become a SCUP member, or have other SCUP questions or
business or news:

Joanne E. MacRae
SCUP Executive Secretary
2026M School of Education Building
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1259
Telephone:  (313) 763-4776
Bitnet:  USERTD8Q@UMICHUM

>>> SCUPMA-L: Society of College and University Planners,
      Mid-Atlantic Region <<<

SCUPMA-L is used as a distribution channel to send a quarterly newsletter to
members of the Mid-Atlantic region of SCUP.  The newsletters are usually
about 400-500 lines long, and contain short news pieces and announcements
about events of interest to the membership.

To Subscribe:

Contact Debbie Furlong at OPIR1@AUVM

Submissions:

Must come from SCUPMA members and be appropriate.  Send submissions to:
OPIR1@AUVM.

Related List:

SCUP-L, the national list for SCUP.
AIR-L, a list for the Association of Institutional Researchers, contains
similar information.
Back Issues:

SCUPMA-L has been distributed twice, once in late 1990 and again in February
1991.

Contact:

Debbie Furlong at OPIR1@AUVM, list manager.

>>> Sense of Place <<<

Sense of Place is an electronic environmentalist's magazine.  The magazine is
produced twice a month in HyperCard and incorporates graphics, text, and
sound in an easy-to-use format to present information about environmental
concerns that are significant to Dartmouth students.  Issues are mailed out
to Dartmouth students over the campus electronic mail system.

To Subscribe:

To subscribe send electronic mail to "[email-masked]" (Internet.)

Submissions and Back Issues:

To the above electronic mail address.

Contact:

For more information about the magazine send mail to [email-masked].

>>> South Florida Environmental Reader <<<

An electronic newsletter distributing information on the South Florida
Environment.

ISSN 1044-3479

To Subscribe:

Subscriptions are handled automatically by LISTSERV@UCF1VM on Bitnet, or
manually by sending a request to [email-masked] on
Internet.

Submissions:

Submissions may be sent to sfer@umiami on Bitnet, or [email-masked]
on Internet.  University of Miami campuses can post submissions to the
newsgroup umiami.environment

Back Issues:

Back issues are available from LISTSERV@UCF1VM in the form of monthly
notebooks.  On Internet, back issues can be obtained via
[email-masked]

Contact:

Editor is Andrew Mossberg, [email-masked], [email-masked]

>>> The Teleputing Hotline And Field Computing Source Letter <<<

The Teleputing Hotline has become, in the last 4 years, a leading voice in
covering telephone-connections worldwide.  While retaining its leadership, we
also plan to expand our coverage of a worldwide revolution called Field
Computing.

Field Computing involves linking workers outside the office -- in sales,
repair, delivery functions and others -- to central computer systems with
handheld terminals and wireless data networks. The Teleputing Hotline has
covered this trend since its inception, and will expand its coverage. We're
also increasing our depth in 1992, with more commentary, and more long
stories where industry leaders can give their views in their own words.

The Hotline can be delivered directly to your Internet address or fax
machine, 50 times each year, for the  price of $198.

To Subscribe:

Write to the Editor (see below). Japanese and Russian language versions
available.

Back Issues:

Available on request from the editor.

Contact:

Editor:
Dana Blankenhorn
FAX: 404-378-0794 Phone: 404-373-7634
MCI:409-8960 GEnie: nb.atl CompuServe: 76200,3025

>>> TEIRESIAS <<<

Bibliography (boiotian studies).

ISSN: 0381-9361

To Subscribe:

Contact general editor

Back Issues:

Contact general editor

Contact:

A. Schachter
Department of Classics,
McGill University, 855 Sherbrooke St. West,
Montreal, Quebec, Canada  H3A 2T7
[email-masked]

>>> THINKNET <<<

Electronic newsletter on philosophy, systems theory, interdisciplinary
studies, and thoughtful conversation in cyberspace.

To Subscribe:

SEND THINKNET TO YourFullName AT [email-masked]

Submissions:

Write to editor for information.

Related Lists:

[email-masked]

Back Issues:

Request from editor.

Contact:

Kent D. Palmer Ph.D.
PO BOX 8383, Orange CA 92664 USA
Internet: [email-masked]

>>> TitNeT --  Titnews --  Titnotes <<<

TitNet is the electronic mail network of the International Tit Society
(TITS), currently having about 150 members world-wide.  Titnet posts three
formal series:

1) TITNET is the listing of electronic mail subscribers, their email
addresses, their institutional affiliations, and their research interests (in
terms of species of birds studied and biological topics of study).  TITNET is
cumulative, each posting repeating information of previous posting that is
still current.

2) TITNEWS is the forum for exchange concerning academic activities.  It
consists of two types of postings: single-topic issues and multiple
announcements.

3) TITNOTES is the forum for exchange of information about tits (and other
hole-nesting birds).

TITNET, TITNEWS AND TITNOTES are numbered serially with Arabic numerals and
posting date.  Followups on single-topic TITNEWS and TITNOTES postings are
given a letter designation following the Arabic numeral of the original
posting.

TitNet and its postings TITNET, TITNEWS and TITNOTES is less than a year old,
having been created by the International Tit Society at its meeting in
December 1990 in conjunction with the International Ornithological Congress
in Christchurch, New Zealand.  Because Titnet and expected to grow only
moderately, it is not handled by a listserver and does not expect to create
archives accessible by anonymous ftp.  However, these and other options will
continue to be reviewed as Titnet develops.

To Subscribe:

Send email message to: [email-masked] or JHailman@vms.
MACC.Wisc.edu.  Provide: (1) Full name, (2) email address, (3) institutional
affiliation, (4) species studied, and (5) topics studied.  Email subscribers
automatically become members of TITS (no dues) and receive the hardcopy
newsletter, PARUS INTERNATIONAL, published about twice per year.

Submissions:

Send via email to: [email-masked] or JHailman@vms. MACC.Wisc.edu.

Back Issues:

Send requests to: [email-masked] or JHailman@vms. MACC.Wisc.edu.
All issues of TITNEWS and TITNOTES, including announcement postings of
TITNEWS, are archived and available as back issues.  Only the most recent
posting of TITNET is retained because of its cumulative nature.

Contact:

Jack P. Hailman, Dept. of Zoology
Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706
voice: (608) 262-2636 (lab)
  (608) 262-1051 (Zoology office)
  (608) 233-1452 (home)
BITNET: JHailman@WiscMACC
INTERNET: [email-masked].

>>> VapourWare <<<

Vaporware is a COLUMN (originally written for a hard copy newsletter) of
speculation about new computers and computer related products which are not
yet available for sale (and may never be).

To Subscribe:

Distributed by numerous computer lists, a low volume example is:
[email-masked]

Submissions:

[email-masked]

Back Issues:

info-mac archives, sumex-aim.Stanford.Edu, [email-masked]

Contact:

Murphy Sewall
([email-masked])

>>> ViewPoints <<<

Newsletter of the Visual Communication Division of the Association
or Educators in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC). Members are
photography, graphics, desktop publishing, and visual communication
educators. Printed four times a year -- two short and two long newsletters.

ISSN 1063-0325

To subscribe:

Contact editor.

Submissions:

Contact editor for two long editions. Deadlines are January 15th and May
15th.

Back Issues:

Not available.

Contact:

Paul Lester
Associate Professor
School of Communications
California State University
Fullerton, California 92634
VOX: 714 449-5302
FAX: 714 773-2209
VAX: [email-masked]
CIS: 70372, 3217

>>> The Week in Germany <<<

NOTE:  Only available on commercial BBSs.

(NEED MORE INFO)

Contact:

NewsNet - 800-345-1301 (Canada and Pennsylvania 215-527-1301) This net does
not offer the German version.  GeoNet  - 415-952-1100.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>>> Section 4:  Hypercard Stacks, Digest-Newsletters, and Others <<<

>>> Chile News Database <<<

Princeton's Chile News database, a Spires/Folio database of news items from
Chile newspapers .

You can access it with:  telnet pucc.princeton.edu.  At the logon screen,
select folio and then chile news.

>>> China News Digest <<<

News Digest Service about China and Chinese.

To Subscribe:

Subscribe to/Drop CND General News send "SUB/SIGNOFF CHINA-NN <Your Name>" to
[email-masked]

US Readers: (Regional News) send "SUB/SIGNOFF  CHINA-ND <Your Name>" to
[email-masked]

Canadian Readers: (Regional News) send "SUB/SIGNOFF CNC-L <Your Name>" to
[email-masked]
Europe & Pacific Readers: (Regional News) send "SUB/SIGNOFF CND-EP <Your
Name>" to [email-masked]

There is also a China News Digest - Chinese Magazine (CND-CM, weekly).  The
article is written in Chinese.  You can read them through some proper IBM-PC
compatible, Macintosh or some mainframes. To subscribe,

send "sub ccman-l <your name>" to [email-masked]

There are a lots of information about China, Hongkong, Taiwan (including
archives of above) in the following anoymous ftp site,

ahkcus.org   (IP: 192.55.187.25)

Submissions:

[email-masked]  (or as specified for individual lists)

Related List:

(1) CHINA-NN@ASUACAD "CND-Global" Daily China News Digest broadcasted
globally
Subscription:  send "Sub CHINA-NN fullname" to [email-masked]

(2) CHINA-ND@KENTVM "CND-US"
News for and about oversea Chinese in USA
Subscription:  send "Sub CHINA-ND fullname" to [email-masked]
Submissions:  [email-masked]

(3) CNC-L@UVVM "CND-Canada" Relay CND-Global for Canadian Readers, and local
news for and about Chinese in Canada
Subscription:  [email-masked]
Submissions:  [email-masked]

(4) CCMAN-L@UGA "CND Chinese Magazine" CND Chinese Language Electronic
Magazine  Special softwares required and will be provided for a variety of
terminals.
Subscription:  send "Sub CCMAN-L fullname" to [email-masked]
Submissions:  [email-masked]

(5) [email-masked]  "CND-EP" Local news broadcasted to Europe
and Pacific
Subscription and submissions:  [email-masked]

Back Issues:

(1) use LISTSERV commands to retrieve archives at individual LISTSERV sites;
(2) complete archive by anonymous FTP at ahkcus.org.

Contact:

Ya-Gui Wei  [email-masked]
Gang Xu  [email-masked]
Minghui Yao  [email-masked]
Weihe Guan  [email-masked]
Xinmeng Liao  [email-masked]

>>> Comp.Achives <<<

Announcements of software and other resources available on the Internet, e.g.
materials available on anonymous FTP archives, LISTSERV servers, and other
similar network information resources.

To Subscribe:

Via the Usenet newsgroup comp.archives; subscriptions and newsfeeds available
from:

MSEN, Inc.
628 Brooks St.
Ann Arbor MI  48103
e-mail:  [email-masked]
(Please mention the E-Journals and Newsletters Directory)

Subscribe:

Post the release notes or announcement of your software to any Usenet
newsgroup, and include the phrase "available via anonymous FTP from"  It will
be located and submitted for verification.  Or, send mail to [email-masked]
(Edward Vielmetti) to inform me of something that I have missed.

Related Lists:

The Usenet newsgroup "comp.archives.admin", scheduled to be created on or
about June 1, will have discussion of archival administration.  The groups
"comp.sources.d" and "comp.sources.wanted" are suitable for asking "where can
I find a copy of BlurflMatic" or "there's a horrible bug in SkeezixWriter";
those questions will not be answered in comp.archives.

Back Issues:

Available via anonymous FTP from:  wuarchive.wustl.edu:/Usenet/comp.archives/
ftp.cs.toronto.edu:/indexed-archives/archives/comp.archives/

Tools which would allow the Internet user to search back issues of
comp.archives are under development.  Back issues are also available on disk
or tape from the MSEN, Inc. address above; there is a charge for this
service.

Contact:

Edward Vielmetti, Vice President for Research
MSEN, Inc.
628 Brooks
Ann Arbor, MI  48103
([email-masked])

>>> Desktop Publishing Digest <<<

This digest is intended to foster discussion and disseminate information on
desktop publishing in general and the use of microcomputer and workstation
programs in particular.  Please feel free to further distribute this digest
at your own location.  This digest is archived at the sumex-aim.stanford.edu
(36.44.0.6).

To Subscribe:

contact the moderators (below)

Submissions:

mail to [email-masked] or [email-masked]

Back Issues:

available from sumex-aim.stanford.edu (36.44.0.6) in the info-mac/digest
directory

Contact:

Moderators:  Glenn Fleishman [Yale] and Jeff Wasilko [RIT]
[email-masked] or [email-masked]

>>> Electronic College of Theory <<<

A moderated, electronic-mail discussion group on literary theory, primarily
but not exclusively in north america, and for the business of the Society for
Critical Exchange, the college's parent organization.

To Subscribe:

Send a brief request to join, including a postal mailing address, to
[email-masked].  If you are not already a member of the Society for
Critical Exchange, a dues-supported organization, your subscription will
still be entered immediately but you will be asked to join the SCE.  [Current
annual dues are US$15 per calendar year.  Membership applications are also
available by writing directly to Society for Critical Exchange, Guilford
House, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106.]

Access to the college:

By e-mail to [email-masked].

Back Issues:

Back issues are not currently available on-line, but they may be obtained
from the editor [[email-masked]]  Please identify the date of the issue
and the contents as specifically as possible.

Contact:

Gary Lee Stonum, Executive Director, SCE and Editor, Electronic College of
Theory by mail at the postal address above, by electronic mail at
[email-masked], or by phone at 216-368-3342.

>>> The Handicap Digest <<<

The Handicap Digest is an electronic-mail only digest of articles relating to
all types of issues affecting the handicapped.  The articles are taken from
the Usenet newsgroup, the Handicap News (misc.handicap) and various Fidonet
conferences such as ABLED, BlinkTalk SilentTalk, Chronic Pain, Spinal Injury,
Rare Conditions, and several others.

To Subscribe:

E-mail:[email-masked]
Listserv:L-HCAP list at NDSUVM1
Mail:Bill McGarry
c/o ISC-Bunker Ramo
2 Enterprise Drive
Shelton, CT 06484
Modem:Handicap News BBS (Fidonet 1:/141/420)
1-203-337-1607 (300/1200/2400 baud)
Voice:1-203-337-1518
Compuserve:73170,1064

Submissions:

E-mail to "[email-masked]" or "[email-masked]"

Back Issues:

Available through LISTSERV at NDSUVM1

Contact:

Same as subscription contacts

>>> Instant Math Preprints (IMP) <<<

The IMP network has two parts.  One part is the IMP database of abstracts of
math preprints which can be easily searched by author, title words, abstract
words and other words.  This database is mounted on a computer at Yale
University.  The second part of the network consists of the full text of
preprints, in electronic form, accessible via anonymous ftp from computers at
the universities from which the preprints originated.  A complete description
of the network can be obtained from [email-masked].

To Subscribe:

To use IMP via Internet, you need a copy of a communications program called
TN3270.  Using TN3270, connect to this  Internet address:
yalevm.ycc.yale.edu.
After the connection is made, you will be prompted:  USERID: Math1 (or Math2,
3, 4 or 5); PASSWORD: Math1 (or Math2, 3, 4 or 5); OPERATOR ID: Math1 (or
Math2, 3, 4 or 5)

You can obtain TN3270 via ftp, if not already available in your institution.
More detailed instructions are available from the email address given above.
For the SUN3 or SUN4, ftp noc.net.yale.edu, directory pub/sunn4-binary (or cd
pub/sun3-binary), filename tn3270.tar.z.  For the Macintosh, send an email
message to listerv@brownvm with the message "get tn3270 package" or ftp
brownvm.brown.edu, filenames tn3270.read-me and tn3d7.sithqx.  For Ultrix,
ftp uunet.uu.net, filename bds-sources/src/ucb/tn3270.tar.z.

Submissions:

Abstracts must be submitted according to certain conventions so that all
records in the IMP database are consistent.  Do not submit abstracts for
preprints until the preprint is available on your institution's "ftp"able
computer and instructions for downloading the preprint are included in a
README file on that computer.  The conventions for submissions of abstracts
and loading of preprints, the formats to be used, and a description of each
field in the record for the abstract are available from the email contact
address below.  Each abstract must be sent in a separate electronic email
message in the required format.

Contact:

Katherine Branch,
Head, Science Libraries,
Yale University,
219 Prospect Street,
New Haven, CI 06511

Internet: [email-masked]
Voice: (203) 432-3439
Fax: (203) 432-3441

>>> IRLIST Digest - Information Retrieval List Digest <<<

IRLIST Digest is distributed from the University of California, Division of
Library Automation, 300 Lakeside Drive, Oakland, CA.  94612-3550.

To Subscribe:

Send subscription requests to:  [email-masked]

Submissions:

Send submissions to IRLIST to:  [email-masked]

Contact:

Editorial Staff:
Clifford [email-masked]
[email-masked]
Mary Engle [email-masked]
[email-masked]

>>> Risks-Forum Digest <<<

FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS, ACM Committee
on Computers and Public Policy, Peter G. Neumann, moderator.

RISKS is a moderated newsgroup on the topic of its title, concerning problems
with computer security, privacy, integrity, reliability, availability, human
safety, financial fraud, etc.  The discussion is generally quite lively.
Highlights appear quarterly in ACM's SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, with
a cumulative index in vol 17, no. 1, pp. 23-32, Jan 1992.  The Forum is
sponsored by the ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy, of which Peter
Neumann is the Chairman.

To Subscribe:

[email-masked]

Submissions:

[email-masked]

Related Lists:

virus-l for viruses, telecom for telerisks, etc.

Back Issues:

FTP crvax.sri.com
CD RISKS:
[the colon is essential!]

Vol 1 no 1 was 1 Aug 1985.  Volume 11 in progress during May 1991.

Contact:

Peter G. Neumann, Computer Science Lab, SRI International EL-243
Menlo Park CA 94025-3493, [email-masked], 415-859-2375.

>>> Simulation Digest <<<

Simulation Digest (comp.simulation).  All topics of computer simulation.

To Subscribe:

[email-masked]

Submissions:

[email-masked]

Back Issues:

archived (see note at beginning of each digest issue)

Contact:

Prof. Paul A. Fishwick                Internet:  [email-masked]
Complex Systems and Simulation Group  UUCP:  gatech!uflorida!fishwick
Dept. of Computer Science             Phone:  (904) 392-1414
University of Florida                 FAX:  (904) 392-1220
Bldg. CSE, Room 301
Gainesville, FL 32611

>>> Simulations Online <<<

Electronic magazine devoted to the hobby of board wargaming and conflict
simulation.

To Subscribe:

Available on Usenet, CompuServe, GEnie, and America Online (Mac and PC
versions) in the respective Gaming sections.  Released monthly on or around
the 15th of each month.

Contact:

Peter T. Szymonik
[email-masked]
72637,[email-masked]
CIS:  72637,2272
GEnie:  DIPLOMACY-1
America Online PC:  DIPLOMACY
America Online Mac:  XORG

>>> TidBITS <<<

TidBITS is a free weekly electronic publication about interesting products
and events in the computer industry, with an emphasis on the world of the
Macintosh.  In addition to the weekly issues, we occasionally publish reviews
and special issues.

To Subscribe:

There is currently no subscription list, however TidBITS is available via
anonymous FTP from numerous sites including sumex-aim.stanford.edu.
Mailservers are available, most notably [email-masked]. Every issue
is also available in the Usenet group comp.sys.mac.digest. We hope to set up
a TIDBITS LISTSERV soon. Those not on the networks can contact us for
disk-based subscription information.

Submissions:

Submissions are gladly accepted, but will be edited before publication.  We
reserve the right to refuse to publish any submissions.

Back Issues:

Available via anonymous FTP at the sites listed above as well as many BBSs
and most commercial services. A disk archive of all back issues is available
for a fee.

Contact:

Adam C. Engst, TidBITS Editor
[email-masked] - [email-masked]
[email-masked] - [email-masked]
Adam Engst on America Online
70262,3152 on CompuServe
[email-masked]@internet# on AppleLink
TidBITS, 9301 Avondale Rd. NE Q1096, Redmond, WA  98052, USA.
===========================================================================

               This project was made possible through funding from the
                      Research Centre for the Study of Religion,
                            Department of Religious Studies
                                 University of Ottawa.

N.B. - This Directory is intended for free dissemination as long as this
header remains intact.  The compilation as a whole is Copyright (C) by
Michael Strangelove, 1991.  All rights reserved.  Permission is hereby
granted for noncommercial use by electronic bulletin board/conference
systems, individuals and libraries.  All commercial use requires the
permission of the author. The Association of Research Libraries is the only
authorized not-for-profit distributer of print copies of the Directory of
Electronic Journals and Newsletters.  To obtain a printed version of the
Directory, contact:

Office of Scientific & Academic Publishing
Association of Research Libraries
1527 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC  20036 USA

[email-masked]
(202) 232-2466 (voice)
(202) 462-7849 (fax)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Contributions and corrections to this directory should be sent to Michael
Strangelove ([email-masked]) and MUST be in the following
format (use as much space as necessary):

TITLE:
ISSN #:        (if any)
Description:
To Subscribe:  (via Bitnet and Internet)
Submissions:   (whom to sent submissions to and in what form)
Related List:  (how to subscribe to a related list, if any)
Periodicity:
Back Issues:   (how to access them)
Contact:       (for more information)
===========================================================================
                                   END OF DIRECTORY
===========================================================================