Subject: File: "EJOURNL1 DIRECTRY" being sent to you

From: Revised List Processor (1.7c) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1992 17:03:32 -0400

LISTSERV FILE: EJOURNL1 DIRECTRY from [email-masked]

***************************************************************************
***                                                                     ***
***          Directory of Electronic Journals and Newsletters           ***
***                                                                     ***
***                        EDITION 2.1 - July 1992                      ***
***                                                                     ***
*** Compiled by:                                                        ***
***                                             Dept. Religious Studies ***
*** Michael Strangelove                         177 Waller,             ***
*** CONTENTS Project Director                   Ottawa, Ontario         ***
*** University of Ottawa                        Canada K1N 6N5          ***
*** ([email-masked])                 VOICE: (613) 237-2052   ***
*** (441495@UOTTAWA)                            FAX:   (613) 564-6641   ***
***************************************************************************

               This project was made possible through funding from the
                      Research Centre for the Study of Religion,
                            Department of Religious Studies
                                 University of Ottawa.

N.B. - This Directory is intended for free dissemination as long as this
header remains intact.  The compilation as a whole is Copyright (C) by
Michael Strangelove, 1991.  All rights reserved.  Permission is hereby
granted for noncommercial use by electronic bulletin board/conference
systems, individuals and libraries.  All commercial use requires the
permission of the author. The Association of Research Libraries is the only
authorized not-for-profit distributer of print copies of the Directory of
Electronic Journals and Newsletters.  To obtain a printed version of the
Directory, contact:

Office of Scientific & Academic Publishing
Association of Research Libraries
1527 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC  20036 USA

[email-masked]
(202) 232-2466 (voice)
(202) 462-7849 (fax)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Contributions and corrections to this directory should be sent to Michael
Strangelove ([email-masked]) and MUST be in the following
format (use as much space as necessary):

TITLE:
ISSN #:        (if any)
Description:
To Subscribe:  (via Bitnet and Internet)
Submissions:   (whom to sent submissions to and in what form)
Related List:  (how to subscribe to a related list, if any)
Periodicity:
Back Issues:   (how to access them)
Contact:       (for more information)

             _____________________________________________________________

                               Journals and Newsletters
             _____________________________________________________________

>>> TABLE OF CONTENTS <<<

[THE FOLLOWING IS IN THE FILE EJOURNL1 DIRECTRY - This file]

>>> Section 1:  Information <<<

Introduction
How to Retrieve This Directory From Networked Sources
Networked Resources for Electronic Publication
Electronic Serials and Related Topics:  A Brief Bibliography
How to Submit an Entry to the Directory
Getting an ISSN for an Electronic Journal
How to Start an E-Newsletter
PACS-L Review Special Issue on Networked Based E-Serials
Changes to the Second Edition

>>> Section 2:  Electronic Journals <<<

Inactive Electronic Journals

Active Journals:

$  indicates subscription is not free
** indicates journal is peer reviewed

Subject area is indicated (when necessary) within square brakets [ ]

Art Com     [Contemporary art and new communication technologies]
ArtsNet Review  [Contemporary cross-cultural, arts and electronic networking
      issues]
Bryn Mawr Classical Review
** CATALYST: The Community Services Catalyst  [Community college educators]
CORE  [A literary journal for short fiction, poetry, and essays]
DargonZine  [Dargon Project fiction anthology]
The Distance Education Online Symposium
** EJournal  [Implications of electronic documents and networks]
The Electronic Journal of the Astronomical Society of the Atlantic
** Electronic Journal of Communication/La Revue Electronique de Communication
      (EJC/REC) [Communication theory, research, practice, and policy]
Fineart Forum [Application of science and technology to the contemporary arts
      and music]
** Flora Online [Systematic botany]
Intertext [An electronic fiction digest]
IOUDAIOS Review [Reviews in Early Judaism and Christian origins]
Issues In Science and Technology Librarianship
$ ** Journal of the International Academy of Hospitality Research
Journal of Technology Education
LIBRES (Library and Information Science Research Electronic Conference)
MeckJournal [A monthly from Meckler Publishing]
** New Horizons in Adult Education
NetWeaver
Offline [Computers in religious studies]
Online Chronicle of Distance Education and Communication
The Public-Access Computer Systems News
** The Public-Access Computer Systems Review
Pigulki [News and humor relating to Poland and Polish issues]
** Postmodern Culture
** PSYCOLOQUY
Quanta [Science fiction and fantasy]
** RD: Graduate Research in the Arts
The Religious Studies Publications Journal - CONTENTS
Socjety Journal [Alumni journal of the Technical University of Wroclaw,
      Poland]
SOLSTICE: An Electronic Journal of Geography and Mathematics
TeXMaG (TeX Typesetting System)
TeX Publication Distribution List
Textual Studies in Canada

[THE FOLLOWING IS IN THE FILE EJOURNL2 DIRECTRY]

>>> Section 3:  Electronic Newsletters <<<

Access
ACQNET (The Acquisitions Librarians Electronic Network)
ALCTS Network News (AN2 - The Association of Library Collections and
      Technical Services)
American Psychological Association's Research Funding Bulletin
Arts Wire News
Automatome
BEN (Botanical Electronic News)
Between the Lines
Buffer
CANOPUS Magazine
CCNEWS
CERFNet News
ChE Electronic Newsletter (Chemical Engineering)
Christian Growth Newsletter
Class Four Relay Magazine
Computer Science Center Link
Computing and Telecommunications Newsletter
Computists' Communique
Consortium Update
Cosmic Update
CPSR/PDX Newsletter (Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility)
CRTNet - Communication Research and Theory
Current Cites
DDN MANAGEMENT BULLETIN
DECNEWS for Education and Research
DevelopNet News
Deutschland Nachrichten
Digit
Digital Games Review
Disaster Research
Donosy
Drosophila Information Newsletter
EFFector Online (The Electronic Frontier Foundation, Inc.)
Electronic AIR
Electronic Hebrew Users Newsletter
Energy and Climate Information and Exchange (ECIX) Newsletter and Digest
Energy Research in Israel Newsletter
Erofile
Ethnomusicology Research Digest
Fine Art, Science and Technology News (F.A.S.T.  News)
FARNET Gazette
GLOSAS News (GLObal Systems Analysis and Simulating Association)
GNU's Bulletin  (Newsletter of the Free Software Foundation)
HICNet Newsletter (Mednews - Health Infocom Newsletter
History and Analysis of Disabilities Newsletter
Hot Off the Tree (HOTT)
Impact Online
International Voice Newsletter Prototype List
IS P.O.B.  Bulletin YSSTI  (Yugoslav System for Scientific and Technology
      Information)
Laboratory Primate Newsletter
Law and Politics Book Review
Leonardo Electronic News
Link Letter
List Review Service
MAB Northern Sciences Network Newsletter
Machine Readable Texts News
Material Science in Israel Newsletter
MichNet News
MICnews
NEARnet Newsletter
Network Audio Bits and Audio Software Review
NetMonth
Net-News
Newsbrief
Newsletter on Serials Pricing Issues
Newsline (Comserve)
News of Earth
NIBNews - A Monthly Electronic Bulletin About Medical Informatics
NLSNews Newsletter
Old English Computer-Assisted Language Learning Newsletter (OE-CALL)
Output
Political Analysis and Research Cooperation (PARC) News Bulletin
Principia Cybernetica Newsletter
Prompt
The Purple Thunderbolt of Spode (PURPS)
Research and Educational Applications of Computers in Humanities (REACH)
Rezo, bulletin irregulomadaire du RQSS
$ St. Petersburg Business News
SCUP Bitnet News (Society for College and University Planners)
SCUPMA-L (Society of College and University Planners, Mid-Atlantic Region)
Sense of Place
South Florida Environmental Reader
$ The Teleputing Hotline And Field Computing Source Letter
Teiresias
THINKNET (Electronic newsletter on philosophy, systems theory,
      interdisciplinary studies, and thoughtful conversation in cyberspace)
TitNeT --  Titnews --  Titnotes
VapourWare
ViewPoints (Newsletter of the Visual Communication Division of the
      Association for Educators in Journalism and Mass Communication [AEJMC])
The Week in Germany

>>> Section 4:  Hypercard Stacks, Digest-Newsletters and Others <<<

Chile News Database
China News Digest
Comp.Archives
Desktop Publishing Digest
Electronic College of Theory
The Handicap Digest
Instant Math Preprints (IMP)
IRList (Information Retrieval List Digest)
Risks-Forum Digest
Simulation Digest
Simulations Online
TidBITS
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>>> Section 1:  Information <<<

INTRODUCTION

The Directory of Electronic Journals and Newsletters is intended to provide
a comprehensive listing of all electronic journals and newsletters which are
of academic interest and available through Bitnet, Internet and any
affiliated networks.  This Directory is part of an ongoing project and is
updated as new electronic journals and newsletters come into existence and as
existing entries are changed.  Every effort has been made to provide the user
with up-to-date information.  Most entries have been either provided from or
scrutinized by the journal and newsletter editors themselves to assure
accuracy.

The primary intent of this Directory is to catalog all existing electronic
journals and newsletters that are available over the various academic
networks.  A secondary intention is to catalog all e-serials that are being
produced over the commercial networks.  Thus, over time this Directory will
provide an entirely comprehensive listing of all e-serials.  As the
traditional taxonomy of "journal" and "newsletter" is ill-suited to the
diversity of formats found within the networks, a third category of
"Hypercard Stacks, Digest-Newsletters and Others" (Section 4) is here
included.  This section catalogs hypercard stacks and other formats that
represent significant sources of information that are similar in nature to
journals and newsletters.  It should be noted that digests which are
straightforward collections of conversational questions and answers are
considered to be a type of list, but any digests which mix a simple list
format with the newsletter format are here included.

Ordinary (conversational) digests and lists are covered in Diane Kovacs'
compilation, Academic Lists.  Thus, no attempt has been made to provide a
comprehensive listing of the hundreds of existing digests in this Directory.
For a complete catalog of digests and lists the reader is encourage to
retrieve the Global List with the command:

TELL LISTSERV AT NDSUVM1 GET INTEREST PACKAGE

Or through FTP to 192.33.33.22 (NISC.SRI.COM)
GET /netinfo/interest-groups

Warning - this file will be sent to you in twelve or more sections and is
over 500K in size.

The philosophy behind the presentation of the information within this
Directory is based on the intention of providing the reader with the most
up-to-date information that is possible and in the most comprehensive
fashion.  Thus, I have avoided editing descriptions as size is not a factor
for an e-text.  I have also listed partial entries in the interest of
providing the reader with the maximum of available information (these
incomplete entries will be marked as such).  This makes it possible for the
reader to follow leads I have not yet completed and, in turn, to provide me
with information not yet represented in the latest edition of the Directory.
Users of this document are encouraged to sent me notices of defunct entries,
new entries and related information and suggestions.  By this means I hope to
utilize fully the best features of the Net and to make information available
in a fashion that draws upon and promotes the unique strength of the virtual
community.

I hope to be able to provide a Wordperfect version of this low ascii file on
a FTP server in the Fall of 1992.

I am indeted to the countless individuals who have contributed to this
project and helped create the first and only comprehensive Directory of
Electronic Journals and Newsletters.

Michael Strangelove
University of Ottawa
(441495@Uottawa)
([email-masked])

>>> How To Retrieve This Directory From Networked Sources <<<

The Directory is currently available in ASCII text from the following
locations:

(1) CONTENTS PROJECT Listserv Fileserver

Send the following commands as an e-mail message to listserv@uottawa or
[email-masked]

GET EJOURNL1 DIRECTRY
GET EJOURNL2 DIRECTRY

(Please note the spelling carefully)

(2) Comserve

NB - The name of the Directory files changes to EJournal1 Sources and
     EJournal2 Sources on the Comserve fileserver.

Send an electronic mail message to Comserve@Rpiecs (Bitnet) or
[email-masked] (Internet) with the following command appearing on
the first line of the message:

Send EJournl1 Sources
Send EJournl2 Sources

No other words, punctuation, or symbols should appear in the electronic mail
message.  Comserve is an automated system for file retrieval; it will
acknowledge receipt of your message and let you know that the files have been
sent to you.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>>> Networked Resources for Electronic Publication <<<

** CCNEWS - Campus Computing Newsletter

An electronic newsletter that focuses on writing, editing, design, and
production of campus computing publications.  To subscribe: send an
interactive message or mail to LISTSERV@BITNIC containing:
SUB CCNEWS your name
An index of back issues is available by sending an interactive message
or mail to LISTSERV@BITNIC containing: GET ARTICLES INDEX
Contact: Wendy Rickard Bollentin, Editor.  CCNEWS@EDUCOM

** Scholarly Electronic Journals and Electronic Publishing Issues List

[email-masked]
[email-masked]

VPIEJ-L is a discussion list for electronic publishing issues, especially
those related to Scholarly Electronic Journals.  To subscribe, send the
following command to LISTSERV@VTVM1 or [email-masked] in the BODY
of mail (NOT subject) or in an interactive message:
SUB VPIEJ-L your name

Contact: James Powell, List Owner <[email-masked]>
                                  <[email-masked]>

** Economic Models for Networked Information

A special double issue of Serials Review 18(1-2) (1992) contains almost
thrity articles on topics of direct interest to electronic publishing.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>>> Electronic Serials and Related Topics:  A Brief Bibliography <<<

By Charles W. Bailey, Jr.

Alexander, Adrian W., and Julie S. Alexander.  "Intellectual
Property Rights and the 'Sacred Engine': Scholarly Publishing in
the Electronic Age."  Advances in Library Resource Sharing 1
(1990): 176-192.

Amiran, Eyal, Elaine Orr, and John Unsworth.  "Refereed
Electronic Journals and the Future of Scholarly Publishing."
Advances in Library Automation and Networking 4 (1991): 25-53.

Amiran, Eyal, and John Unsworth.  "Postmodern Culture: Publishing
in the Electronic Medium."  The Public-Access Computer Systems
Review 2, no. 1 (1991): 67-76.  (To retrieve this article, send
an e-mail message that says "GET AMIRAN PRV2N1 F=MAIL" to
LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 or [email-masked].)

Bailey, Charles W., Jr.  "Electronic (Online) Publishing in
Action . . . The Public-Access Computer Systems Review and Other
Electronic Serials."  Online 15 (January 1991): 28-35.

Bailey, Charles W., Jr.  "Network-Based Electronic Serials."
Information Technology and Libraries 11 (March 1992): 29-35.

Brown, Heather.  "Standards for Structured Documents."  The
Computer Journal 32, no. 6 (1989): 505-514.

Duggan, Mary Kay.  "Copyright of Electronic Information: Issues
and Questions."  Online 15 (May 1991): 20-26.

Gardner, William.  "The Electronic Archive: Scientific Publishing
for the 1990s."  Psychological Science 1 (November 1990): 333-
341.

Harnad, Stevan.  "Post-Gutenburg Galaxy: The Fourth Revolution in
the Means of Production of Knowledge."  The Public-Access
Computer Systems Review 2, no. 1 (1991): 39-53.  (To retrieve
this article, send an e-mail message that says "GET HARNAD PRV2N1
F=MAIL" to LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 or [email-masked].)

Harnad, Stevan.  "Scholarly Skywriting and the Prepublication
Continuum of Scientific Inquiry."  Psychological Science 1
(November 1990): 342-344.

Harrison, Teresa M., Timothy Stephen, and James Winter.  "Online
Journals: Disciplinary Designs for Electronic Scholarship."  The
Public-Access Computer Systems Review 2, no. 1 (1991): 25-38.
(To retrieve this article, send an e-mail message that says "GET
HARRISON PRV2N1 F=MAIL" to LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 or
[email-masked].)

Hugo, Jane, and Linda Newell.  "New Horizons in Adult Education:
The First Five Years (1987-1991)."  The Public-Access Computer
Systems Review 2, no. 1 (1991): 77-90.  (To retrieve this
article, send an e-mail message that says "GET HUGO PRV2N1
F=MAIL" to LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 or [email-masked].)

Jennings, Edward M. "EJournal: An Account of the First Two
Years."  The Public-Access Computer Systems Review 2, no. 1
(1991): 91-110.  (To retrieve this article, send an e-mail
message that says "GET JENNINGS PRV2N1 F=MAIL" to
LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 or [email-masked].)

King, Tim.  "Critical Issues for Providers of Network-Accessible
Information."  EDUCOM Review 26 (Summer 1991): 29-33.

King, Timothy B.  "The Impact of Electronic and Networking
Technologies on the Delivery of Scholarly Information."  The
Serials Librarian 21, no. 2/3 (1991): 5-13.

Kovacs, Diane, Willard McCarty, and Michael Kovacs.  "How to
Start and Manage a BITNET LISTSERV Discussion Group: A Beginner's
Guide."  The Public-Access Computer Systems Review 2, no. 1
(1991): 128-143.  (To retrieve this article, send an e-mail
message that says "GET KOVACS PRV2N1 F=MAIL" to LISTSERV@UHUPVM1
or [email-masked].)

LaQuey, Tracy L., ed.  The User's Directory of Computer Networks.
Bedford, MA: Digital Press, 1990.

Litchfield, Charles.  "Local Storage and Retrieval of Electronic
Journals: Training Issues for Technical Services Personnel."
Serials Review 17, no. 4 (1991): 83-84.

Lucier, Richard E.  "Knowledge Management: Refining Roles in
Scientific Communication."  EDUCOM Review 25 (Fall 1990): 21-27.

McMillan, Gail.  "Embracing the Electronic Journal: One Library's
Plan."  The Serials Librarian 21, no. 2/3 (1991): 97-108.

McMillan, Gail.  "Technical Services for Electronic Journals
Today."  Serials Review 17, no. 4 (1991): 84-86.

Metz, Paul.  "Electronic Journals from a Collection Manager's
Point of View."  Serials Review 17, no. 4 (1991): 82-83.

Metz, Paul, and Paul M. Gherman.  "Serials Pricing and the Role
of the Electronic Journal."  College & Research Libraries 52
(July 1991): 315-327.

Neavill, Gordon B.  "Electronic Publishing, Libraries, and the
Survival of Information."  Library Resources & Technical Services
28 (January/March 1984): 76-89.

Okerson, Ann.  "Back to Academia?  The Case for American
Universities to Publish Their Own Research."  Logos 2, no. 2
(1991): 106-112.

Okerson, Ann.  "The Electronic Journal: What, Whence, and When?"
The Public-Access Computer Systems Review 2, no. 1 (1991): 5-24.
(To retrieve this article, send an e-mail message that says "GET
OKERSON PRV2N1 F=MAIL" to LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 or
[email-masked].)

Okerson, Ann, and Kendon Stubbs.  "The Library 'Doomsday'
Machine."  Publishers Weekly, 8 February 1991.

Okerson, Ann.  "With Feathers: Effects of Copyright and Ownership on
Scholarly Publishing."  College & Research Libraries 52 (September 1991):
425-438.

Piternick, Anne B.  "Electronic Serials: Realistic or Unrealistic
Solution to the Journal 'Crisis'?"  The Serials Librarian 21, no.
2/3 (1991): 15-31.

Piternick, Anne B. "Serials and New Technology: The State of the
'Electronic Journal.'"  Canadian Library Journal 46 (April 1989):
93-97.

Quarterman, John S.  The Matrix: Computer Networks and
Conferencing Systems Worldwide.  Bedford, MA: Digital Press,
1990.

Rogers, Sharon J., and Charlene S. Hurt.  "How Scholarly
Communication Should Work in the 21st Century."  College &
Research Libraries 51 (January 1990): 5-8.

Savage, Lon.  "The Journal of the International Academy of
Hospitality Research."  The Public-Access Computer Systems Review
2, no. 1 (1991): 54-66.  (To retrieve this article, send an e-
mail message that says "GET SAVAGE PRV2N1 F=MAIL" to
LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 or [email-masked].)

Strangelove, Michael, and Diane Kovacs.  Directory of Electronic
Journals, Newsletters and Academic Discussion Lists, 2nd ed.
Washington, D.C.: Office of Scientific and Academic Publishing,
Association of Research Libraries, 1992.

"Task Force Report Looks at Future of Information Services."
Bulletin of the American Physical Society 36 (April 1991): 1105-
1151.

Tuttle, Marcia.  "The Newsletter on Serials Pricing Issues."  The
Public-Access Computer Systems Review 2, no. 1 (1991): 111-127.
(To retrieve this article, send an e-mail message that says "GET
TUTTLE PRV2N1 F=MAIL" to LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 or
[email-masked].)

Yavarkovsky, Jerome.  "A University-Based Electronic Publishing
Network."  EDUCOM Review 25 (Fall 1990): 14-20.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright (C) 1992 by Charles W. Bailey, Jr.  All Rights Reserved.

Copying is permitted for noncommercial use by computer
conferences, individual scholars, and libraries.
This message must appear on all copied material.
All commercial use requires permission.

+------------------------------------------------------------+
| Charles W. Bailey, Jr.             Voice: (713) 743-9804   |
| Assistant Director For Systems     FAX:   (713) 743-9748   |
| University Libraries               BITNET: LIB3@UHUPVM1    |
| University of Houston              CompuServe: 71161,3410  |
| Houston, TX 77204-2091                                     |
|------------------------------------------------------------|
| Co-Editor, Advances in Library Automation and Networking   |
| Editor-in-Chief, The Public-Access Computer Systems Review |
| Co-Editor, Public-Access Computer Systems News             |
+------------------------------------------------------------+
Revised 4/23/92
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>>> How To Submit an Entry to the Directory <<<

Contributions, corrections and communications should be sent to:
Michael Strangelove at (441495@Uottawa) BITNET or ([email-masked])
and MUST be in the following format (use as much space as necessary):

TITLE:
ISSN #: (if any)
Description:
To Subscribe: (via Bitnet and Internet)
Submissions: (to whom to send submissions and in what form)
Related List: (how to subscribe to a related list, if any)
Back Issues: (how to access them)
Periodicity:
Contact: (for more information)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>>> Getting an ISSN for an Electronic Journal <<<

by
Charles W. Bailey, Jr.
University of Houston
LIB3@UHUPVM1

>From NetMonth:  The Independent Guide to BITNET 4, no. 5 (September 1990):
5-6.

The International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) is a unique eight-digit
number that identifies a particular serial.  For serials published in the
U.S., ISSN numbers are assigned by the National Serials Data Program (NSDP)
of the Library of Congress.  Recently, NSDP assigned an ISSN to The
Public-Access Computer Systems Review, an electronic journal that complements
the Public-Access Computer Systems Forum (PACS-L@UHUPVM1).  The PACS Forum is
a moderated Bitnet list that deals with all computer systems that libraries
make available to their users, and it currently has over 1,100 subscribers in
25 countries.  The PACS Review, which is published two times a year, deals
with the same subject matter as the PACS Forum.  When an issue is published,
PACS Forum users are notified by a table of contents message, which describes
that issue's article files and provides instructions for retrieving the
files.

NSDP also created a bibliographic record for the PACS Review in the OCLC
Online Union Catalog, a twenty-million-record database that is widely used by
libraries for cataloging, interlibrary loan, reference, and other purposes.
(A more powerful, user-friendly version of the OCLC Online Union Catalog
called EPIC has just been made available for fee-based searching.) A
bibliographic record describes a serial (or other work) in a standard
machine-readable format according to established cataloging rules.

It is noteworthy and commendable that NSDP took the initiative to assign the
PACS Review an ISSN number and to catalog it; I never contacted them
requesting that they do so.  NSDP staff learned of the PACS Review as the
result of two speeches I made about the publication at a recent national
library conference.

The assignment of an ISSN number and the creation of a bibliographic record
on OCLC makes an electronic journal more accessible to libraries and their
users.  Electronic publishers are fortunate that NSDP has taken a
progressive, proactive stand on electronic journals, and it is treating them
seriously.  I would urge other electronic publishers to contact NSDP and
obtain ISSN numbers for their electronic journals.  The appropriate
application form is contained in a brochure called "ISSN is for Serials,"
which is available from NSDP.

For further information about getting an ISSN number contact:

In the USA:

Library of Congress
National Serials Data Program
Washington, D.C.  20540
(202) 707-6452
------------------------------

In CANADA:

ISDS Canada
National Library of Canada
395 Wellington Street
Ottawa K1A 0N4
Phone: (819) 994-6895
Fax:   (819) 953-0291
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>>> How to Start an E-Newsletter <<<

This is a short article on how to produce an electronic newsletter, written
by the editor of CPSR News, Eric Nilsson.  It is available by sending the e-
mail message:

GET START-UP ENEWSLTR

to listserv@uottawa or [email-masked]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>>> PACS Review Special Issue on Networked Based E-Serials <<<

A SPECIAL SECTION OF THE PACS REVIEW ON NETWORK-BASED ELECTRONIC SERIALS

By Charles W. Bailey, Jr.

Network-based electronic serials are serials that are primarily "published"
on computer networks like BITNET and Internet.  Little has been written about
these innovative publications; however, the first issue of volume two of The
Public-Access Computer Systems Review provides a rare inside look at them in
a "Special Section on Network-Based Electronic Serials." All of the authors
in this special section have played an important role in fostering this new
communication medium, and most are the editors and/or publishers of
e-serials.

The Public-Access Computer Systems Review is an electronic journal that is
published by the University of Houston Libraries. You can retrieve an article
by sending one of the commands listed after the article's description in an
e-mail message to LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 (BITNET) or [email-masked]
(Internet). The first command retrieves the article as a file.  The second
command retrieves the article as an e-mail message.  If you are not an
experienced network user or you are not on BITNET, it is recommended that you
retrieve articles as e-mail messages.

ARTICLES IN THE SPECIAL SECTION ON NETWORK-BASED ELECTRONIC
SERIALS

In "The Electronic Journal: What, Whence, and When?," Ann Okerson surveys
current and future e-journal publication activities.  She discusses
publishers' visions of e-journals, and she identifies four major groups of
potential e-journal publishers: existing publishers, intermediary
organizations (e.g., ISI and CARL), researchers and scholars, and
universities.  She concludes by forecasting how e-journals may evolve during
the next 9 years. (GET OKERSON PRV2N1 or GET OKERSON PRV2N1 F=MAIL)

In "Online Journals: Disciplinary Designs for Electronic Scholarship," Teresa
Harrison et al. examine and critique the e- journal concept, then describe
the Electronic Journal of Communication/La Revue Electronique de
Communication (EJC/REC). EJC/REC is a referred, bilingual journal dealing
with communication.  It is part of the innovate Comserve service, which
provides communication scholars with a variety of electronic information
services (e.g., directory information, journal indexes, access to over 1,000
files, and 20 computer conferences).  (GET HARRISON PRV2N1 or GET HARRISON
PRV2N1 F=MAIL)

In "Post-Gutenburg Galaxy: The Fourth Revolution in the Means of Production
of Knowledge," Stevan Harnad discusses the three historical revolutions in
knowledge production (speech, writing, and print) and the emerging fourth
revolution--electronic "skywriting" on the Net.  He examines the limitations
of our print-based scholarly communication system, and describes how
electronic communication can support scholarly skywriting, a process that
allows scholars to get rapid feedback about promising ideas and theories from
colleagues worldwide.  He then describes Psycoloquy, a referred psychology
e-journal that embodies the scholarly skywriting process.  (GET HARNAD PRV2N1
or GET HARNAD PRV2N1 F=MAIL)

In "The Journal of the International Academy of Hospitality Research," Lon
Savage describes a referred e-journal for researchers in hotel, restaurant,
and institutional management and tourism.  JIAHR is sponsored by the
International Academy of Hospitality Research and published by Virginia
Tech's Scholarly Communications Project.  JIAHR issues are composed of single
articles, and a related computer conference complements the journal.  Savage
discusses how individual subscribers and libraries have dealt with receiving
an e-journal.  JIAHR is an interesting example of how the Net can be used to
publish a fee-based journal for a small, specialized audience.  (GET SAVAGE
PRV2N1 or GET SAVAGE PRV2N1 F=MAIL)

In "Postmodern Culture: Publishing in the Electronic Medium," Eyal Amiran and
John Unsworth describe the refereed journal Postmodern Culture, which deals
with contemporary literature, theory, and culture.   Postmodern Culture is
free on the Net, and a subscription fee is charged for disk or microfiche
versions of the journal.  A computer conference, PMC-Talk, complements the
journal.  The authors also discuss the future of e-journals. (GET AMIRAN
PRV2N1 or GET AMIRAN PRV2N1 F=MAIL)

In "New Horizons in Adult Education: The First Five Years (1987- 1991)," Jane
Hugo and Linda Newell describe the evolution of one of the first (if not the
first) refereed e-journals on the Net. This unique adult education journal is
edited by graduate students. (GET HUGO PRV2N1 or GET HUGO PRV2N1 F=MAIL)

In "EJournal: An Account of the First Two Years," Edward Jennings provides a
personal look at his efforts to establish and publish a refereed e-journal on
electronic networks and texts.  This behind-the-scenes narrative reveals some
of the trials and tribulations that may face the prospective e-journal
publisher. (GET JENNINGS PRV2N1 or GET JENNINGS PRV2N1 F=MAIL)

In "The Newsletter on Serials Pricing Issues," Marcia Tuttle describes the
evolution and publishing practices of this e- newsletter, which deals with
serials concerns.  In addition to BITNET and Internet, the newsletter is also
published on ALANET, DataLinx, and EBSCONET.  She also discusses a variety of
electronic publishing issues.  (GET TUTTLE PRV2N1 or GET TUTTLE PRV2N1
F=MAIL)

ANOTHER ARTICLE OF INTEREST FROM THE SAME ISSUE

In "How to Start and Manage a BITNET LISTSERV Discussion Group: A Beginner's
Guide,"  Diane Kovacs et al. discuss the steps to set up and run a computer
conference using the Revised LISTSERV software.  LISTSERV is a very widely
used software package that supports both computer conferences and e-serial
publication on BITNET (many existing e-serials are distributed with this
software).  It runs on IBM mainframes under the VM/CMS operating system.
(GET KOVACS PRV2N1 or GET KOVACS PRV2N1 F=MAIL)

Copyright (C) 1992 by Charles W. Bailey, Jr.  All Rights Reserved.
(Republished herein with permisiion of the author)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>>> Changes to the Second Edition <<<

(1) Name Changes:

The Online Journal of Distance Education and Communication is now titled the
Online Chronicle of Distance Education and Communication.

The Computing and Telecommunications Newsletter is now titled Computing and
Network News.

The Digital Games Review Digest is now titled Digital Games Review.

The AIR Bitnet Newsletter is now the Electronic AIR.

(2) Revised Entries:

ACQNET
Access
Automatome
Bryn Mawr Classical Review
CANOPUS Magazine
CERFNet News
China News Digest
Class Four Relay Magazine
Consortium Update
Cosmic Update
CPSR/PDX Newsletter
Current Cites
DargonZine
DevelopNet News
Donosy
Drosophila Information Newsletter
Electronic College of Theory
Electronic Hebrew Users Newsletter (E-Hug)
Ethnomusicology Research Digest
Fineart Forum
Intertext
Journal of International Academy of Hospitality Research
LIBRES
Link Letter
New Horizons In Adult Education
Newsbrief
News of Earth
Principia Cybernetica Newsletter
Prompt
Postmodern Culture
PSYCOLOQUY
The Public-Access Computer Systems Review
The Public-Access Computer Systems News
The Purple Thunderbolt of Spode (PURPS)
Qaunta
REACH
Risks-Forum Digest
Socjety Journal
TeX Publication Distribution List
TidBITS

(3) New Entries:

American Psychological Association's Research Funding Bulletin
Arts Wire News
BEN (Botanical Electronic News)
Catalyst
Christian Growth Newsletter
CORE
DDN MANAGEMENT BULLETIN
DECNEWS for Education and Research
Energy and Climate Information and Exchange (ECIX) Newsletter and Digest
FARNET Gazette
Flora Online
GLOSAS News (GLObal Systems Analysis and Simulating Association)
Instant Math Preprints (IMP)
International Voice Newsletter Prototype List
IOUDAIOS Review
Issues In Science and Technology Librarianship
Leonardo Electronic News
List Review Service
Journal of Technology Education
MeckJournal
Net-News
NIBNews - A Monthly Electronic Bulletin About Medical Informatics
      Political Analysis and Research Cooperation (PARC) News Bulletin
RD: Graduate Research in the Arts
The Religious Studies Publications Journal - CONTENTS
St. Petersburg Business News
SOLSTICE: An Electronic Journal of Geography and Mathematics
The Teleputing Hotline And Field Computing Source Letter
Teiresias
THINKNET (Electronic newsletter on philosophy, systems theory,
      interdisciplinary studies, and thoughtful conversation in cyberspace)
TitNeT --  Titnews --  Titnotes
ViewPoints (Newsletter of the Visual Communication Division of the
      Association for Educators in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC)).

(4) Deleted (no longer active) Entries

Activist Times Inc.
The Big Byte
Currents
The Micro Byte
NewsBytes (The Northern Arizona University Computer Services'
      newsletter)
Tetrahedron Computing Methodology
World Cultures
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>>> Section 2:  Journals <<<

INACTIVE E-JOURNALS AND NEWSLETTERS

The following are either defunct, inactive or are simply no longer available
(or never were available) in e-text form.

ACTIVIST'S NEWSLETTER
ACTIVIST TIMES INC.
ALTERNATIVES JOURNAL
ATHENE
THE BIG BYTE
BIOSPHERE
CURRENTS
FSFNET MAGAZINE
INTERACTIVE JOURNAL OF CREATIVE FICTION
THE MICRO BYTE
NEWSBYTES
NORTHWESTNET NEWS
NSF Network News
ONLINE NOTES
OTHER REALMS
RITA-L (ELECTRONIC MAGAZINE)
SOCIAL WORK NEWSLETTER
SWIFTCURRENT
SYNAPASE
TETRAHEDRON COMPUTING METHODOLOGY
TRANSST
WORLD CULTURES

>>> ACTIVE E-JOURNALS <<<

>>> ART COM <<<

An online magazine forum dedicated to the interface of contemporary art and
new communication technologies.

To subscribe:

To access the Art Com Electronic Network on the WELL, enter  g acen  at the
Ok:  prompt.  The Art Com Electronic Network is also accessible on USENET as
alt.artcom.  For access information, send e-mail to:  [email-masked].

Submissions:

You are invited to send information for possible inclusion.  We are
especially interested in options that can be acted upon:  including
conferences, exhibitions, and publications.  Proposals for guest-edited
issues are also encouraged.  Send submissions to:

[email-masked] / [email-masked]
[email-masked] / [email-masked]

Back Issues:

Back issues of ART COM can be accessed on the Art Com Electronic Network
(ACEN) on the Whole Earth 'Lectronic Link (WELL), available through the
CompuServe Packet Network and PC Pursuit.

Contact:

([email-masked]) ([email-masked])

>>> ArtsNet Review <<<

An Australian magazine dedicated to Contemporary Cross-Cultural, Arts and
Electronic Networking Issues.

To Subscribe:

(NEED MORE INFO HERE)

Contact:

P.O. Box 429, Eastwood 5063, South Australia.
APC address is peg:suephil
UUCP address is [email-masked]
DIALCOM address is (DE3PEG)suephil!

>>> Bryn Mawr Classical Review <<<

The Bryn Mawr Classical Review is an electronic book review journal published
at Bryn Mawr College and the University of Pennsylvania.  The editors are
Richard Hamilton at Bryn Mawr and James J. O'Donnell at Penn; reviewers are
drawn from a nationwide pool.  Publication began in 1990.  Electronic
subscriptions are free.

To subscribe:

Send mail to [email-masked] or to [email-masked] with the
text SUBSCRIBE BMCR-L.

Submissions:

Inquiries and submissions for the list should be sent to [email-masked]
or [email-masked]. Electronic publication is irregular and continual, with
individual items published as available; the published material is collected
and published in traditional form five or more times a year.  For calendar
year 1991, seven hard copy issues were published, containing approximately
120 book reviews.  Subscriptions to the hard copy publication cost $10 per
year; to subscribe, write:

Bryn Mawr Classical Review
Thomas Library
Bryn Mawr College
Bryn Mawr, Pa.  19010

Contact:

James O'Donnell ([email-masked])

>>> CATALYST: The Community Services Catalyst <<<

The Community Services Catalyst, a refereed print journal that has been
serving community college educators for more than twenty years, is now
distributed as an electronic journal in addition to its print version.

The quarterly journal is published by the National Council on Community
Services and Continuing Education, an affiliate council of the American
Association of Community, Junior and Technical Colleges.  The journal is
being made available in its electronic form by the Scholarly Communications
Project of Virginia Tech, which is seeking to explore some of the new
frontiers in electronic communication of scholarly work.

CATALYST currently is distributed in its print form to dues-paying members of
the Council, as a benefit of their membership, and to libraries and other
non-members at subscription prices of $20 per year in the U.S., $25 outside
the U.S.  The journal has a paid circulation (including members) of
approximately 1200.

Electronic subscribers, in addition to having access to past issues of the
journal, will be sent the Tables of Contents of future issues as those issues
are published; the subscribers then may order full texts by electronic mail
from their own computers of any and all articles they wish to read.
Currently, all articles from Issues Number 3 and 4 of Volume 21 (1991) are
available on line.

CATALYST is reviewed and indexed in the CURRENT INDEX TO JOURNALS IN
EDUCATION and in ERIC and is available in microfilm and microfiche from
University Microfilms International. Articles submitted for publication are
reviewed by the editorial staff and editorial board.  Initiated in 1971,
CATALYST is the second oldest continuously published journal in the community
college field. It publishes practictioner-oriented articles on practices in
continuing /community education as delivered by community colleges, including
papers on research in the field.  The journal is printed at Virginia Tech, a
fact that makes it easier to coordinate the printed and electronic versions.

To Subscribe:

To subscribe to the electronic journal, one need send only the command
"SUBSCRIBE CATALYST Firstname Lastname" [where Firstname Lastname are the
first and last names of the individual subscriber] by electronic mail to the
address: LISTSERV@VTVM1 on Bitnet and [email-masked] on the
Internet.  John Doe, for example, would send the command SUBSCRIBE CATALYST
JOHN DOE.  Electronic subscribers will receive instructions on how to order
a list of available articles, how to retrieve full texts of those articles,
and how to cancel their subscriptions.

To make access to the journal more manageable, access is provided to
individual articles, rather than to entire issues.  Interested readers, of
course, may order all articles from an issue, on an individual basis.

Contact:

Lon Savage (SAVAGE@VTVM1)

>>> CORE <<<

CORE is an electronic literary journal and contains quality short fiction,
poetry, and essays.  In addition, I make an effort to find works that are
unique to electronic communications -- an on-line interview for example, or
exceptional Usenet posting. CORE is published monthly and is never over 30k
in size.

To Subscribe:

Send e-mail to [email-masked].  Please specifiy that you are subbing
CORE, as I handle other lists.

Submissions:

Send to [email-masked].  They should be in plain ascii, preferably
without tabs.

Related List:

None.

Back Issues:

May be ftp'ed from ftp.eff.org.  Those without ftp access should feel free to
send e-mail to [email-masked] to have the files mailed.

Contact:

Send e-mail to either [email-masked] or Rita Rouvalis ([email-masked]).

>>> Dargonzine - The Magazine of the Dargon Project <<<

DargonZine is an electronic magazine printing stories written for the Dargon
Project, a shared-world anthology similar to (and inspired by) Robert
Asprin's Thieves' World anthologies, created by David "Orny" Liscomb in his
now retired magazine, FSFNet.  The Dargon Project centers around a
medieval-style duchy called Dargon in the far reaches of the Kingdom of
Baranur on the world named Makdiar, and as such contains stories with a
fantasy fiction/sword and sorcery flavor.  At this time, DargonZine has no
plans to publish anything other than Dargon Project stories, but there are
several other magazines out there to satisfy this need.

To Subscribe:

Subscribers to DargonZine will have each new issue sent to their userid as it
comes out.  A subscription may be obtained by sending a request via MAIL to
the editor, Dafydd, at the userid [email-masked].  This request should
contain your full userid (logonid and node, or a valid Internet address) as
well as your full name and the file transfer format you prefer (either DISK
DUMP, PUNCH/MAIL, or SENDFILE/NETDATA (non-Bitnet subscribers only have one
option - Mail)).  After that, you will receive all issues as they are sent
out.

Submissions:

As mentioned above, the Dargon Project is a shared-world 'anthology', and as
such it requires a great deal of commitment from its writers.  Readers
wishing to write for the Project should contact the editor for more detailed
instructions about the background of the Project as well as plotlines
currently in development.  Of course, the first requirement for joining the
project is to read all of the Project's output to date to get to know the
characters and world being written about.  Back issues of FSFNet, the
Project's first home, are available from the Listserv@TCSVM (and FTPable from
vm.tcs.tulane.edu (in numbers, 129.81.128.1)).  See above for back issue
information about DargonZine.

Back Issues:

Back issues have been moved to the FTPable archive machine
eklektik.cs.pitt.edu (130.49.2.135).  They are stored there in  compressed
format under the directory rpg/fiction/dargon in the form of dzv.n, where
v=volume and n=number. They should be retrieved in binary format and must be
uncompressed via the standard unix uncompress command. NOTE: it is possible
for BitNet users without a direct internet connection to do FTP - try sending
a 'help' to BitFTP or send me mail asking how to use it.

Contact:

(White@Duvm)

>>> The Distance Education Online Symposium <<<

DEOSNEWS - The Distance Education Online Symposium.  The American Center for
the Study of Distance Education at The Pennsylvania State University
organizes DEOS and publishes The American Journal of Distance Education.  Our
goal is to integrate the electronic medium and the printed medium to serve
professionals and students in the field of distance education.

Contact:

Richard Lee Holbert      [email-masked]
P.O.Box 4111             [email-masked]
Bryan, Texas 77805-4111  [email-masked]

The Distance Education Online Symposium
The American Center for the Study of Distance Education
The Pennsylvania State University
College of Education
403 South Allen Street, Suite 206
University Park, Pennsylvania  16801-5202, U.S.A.

Telephone:  814-863-3764 Fax:  814-865-5878

DEOS Editor: Morten Flate Paulsen
Compuserve: 76436,350
Bitnet: MFP101@PSUVM

>>> EJOURNAL <<<

An electronic journal concerned with the implications of electronic documents
and networks.  EJournal is a peer-reviewed, academic periodical interested in
theory and praxis surrounding the creation, transmission, storage,
interpretation, alteration and replication of electronic text.  Its scope
includes the broader social, psychological, literary, economic and
pedagogical implications of computer-mediated networks.

ISSN: 1054-1053

To Subscribe:

Address e-mail message to---listserv@albnyvm1
Message itself---sub ejrnl Subscriber's Name

Submissions:

EJournal is now soliciting essays, reviews and letters for possible
publication.  Send essays for review, and inquires, to

[email-masked]

Contact:

Ted Jennings, Editor, Department of English
University at Albany, State University of New York
(ejournal@albnyvms) Bitnet
([email-masked]) Internet

>>> The Electronic Journal of the Astronomical Society of the Atlantic <<<

The Electronic Journal of the Astronomical Society of the Atlantic (EJASA) is
published monthly by the Astronomical Society of the Atlantic, Inc.  The ASA
is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of amateur and
professional astronomy and space exploration, and to the social and
educational needs of its members.

To Subscribe:

ASA membership application is open to all with an interest in astronomy and
space exploration.  The EJASA is available on USENET's sci.astro and
sci.space newsgroups, as well as the ASA BBS at (404) 985-0408, 300/1200
Baud.  Articles which appear in the EJASA may also be published in the
Journal of the ASA (JASA), a hardcopy newsletter sent through U.S. Mail.

The EJASA is currently available only through USENET and the ASA BBS, though
I will mail a requested issue to someone on Bitnet if possible.  I do not
maintain a large net mailing list for logistics reasons.

Submissions:

Article submissions to the EJASA on astronomy and space exploration are most
welcome.  Please send your on-line articles in ASCII format to Larry Klaes,
EJASA Editor.  When sending your article submissions, please be certain to
include either a network or regular mail address where you can be reached, a
telephone number, and a brief biographical sketch.  Articles submitted,
unless otherwise stated, become the property of the Astronomical Society of
the Atlantic, Inc.  Though the articles will not be used for profit, they are
subject to editing, abridgment, and other changes.  Copying or reprinting of
the EJASA, in part or in whole, is encouraged, provided clear attribution is
made to the Astronomical Society of the Atlantic, the Electronic Journal, and
the author(s).  This Journal is Copyright (c) 1991 by the Astronomical
Society of the Atlantic, Inc.

Back Issues:

Available upon request.

Contact:

Astronomical Society of the Atlantic (ASA)
c/o Center for High Angular Resolution Astronomy (CHARA)
Georgia State University (GSU)
Atlanta, Georgia  30303
U.S.A.

Don Barry, ASA President - [email-masked] or [email-masked]
ASA BBS at (404) 985-0408, 300/1200 Baud
ASA telephone Recording - (404) 264-0451

Larry Klaes, EJASA Editor - [email-masked]
or - ...!decwrl!advax.enet.dec.com!klaes
or - [email-masked]
or - [email-masked]

>>> The Electronic Journal of Communication/La Revue Electronique de
      Communication (EJC/REC) <<<

The EJC/REC is a quarterly, bilingual (English and French) journal in
academic publication in the communication field.  It is devoted to the study
of communication theory, research, practice, and policy.

ISSN: 1183-5656

To Subscribe:

Comserve is the distribution channel for EJC/REC.  To subscribe to EJC/REC,
send the following command on the first line of an electronic mail message to
Comserve@Rpiecs (Bitnet) or [email-masked] (Internet):

Join EJCREC Your Namee.g.:Join EJCREC Debra J. Smith

Submissions:

Send manuscript and one page abstract by electronic mail to:
Jim Winter, [email-masked] (English)
Claude Martin, [email-masked] (French)

Articles and manuscripts may also be submitted on computer disks in ASCII
format along with one page abstracts.  Mail computer disks to:

EJCREC
Jim Winter                      Claude Martin
Dept. of Communication Studies  Dept. de Communication
University of Windsor           Universite de Montreal
Windsor, Ontario N9B 3P4        C.P. 6128, Station A
Canada                          Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7
                                Canada

Related List:

A free electronic resource for students and professionals who study human
communication, Comserve is the distribution channel or "publisher" for
EJC/REC.  Also available through Comserve is a growing collection of
bibliographies, research materials, announcements of professional meetings,
grant opportunities, syllabi, class exercises, job announcements, and other
resources relevant to the communication field.

For more information about Comserve, send the word "help" (without quotation
marks) on the first line of the body of an electronic mail message to one of
the Comserve addresses provided above.

Back Issues:

A directory of all EJC/REC articles is available on Comserve.  To obtain the
directory, send the following command to Comserve (addresses provided above):

Send EJCREC Directry

Articles that appeared in back issues of EJC/REC can be obtained through
Comserve by issuing the following command:

Send Filename Filetype

(Filenames and filetypes for each article are found in the EJCREC Directry.)

Contact:

For further information, please contact:

Jim Winter, [email-masked] or
Claude Martin, [email-masked]  or
Comserve Editorial Staff, Support@Rpiecs (Bitnet) or
[email-masked] (Internet)

>>> Fineart Forum <<<

Fineart Forum is a moderated electronic newsletter published monthly by ISAST
on behalf of ASTN and distributed internationally over the electronic
networks.  The newsletter covers all applications of science and technology
to the contemporary arts and music.  Space Arts (note the s) News is a
newsletter published by the Space Art Working Group of ISAST.  It covers news
items relating to all aspects of space art, photography and architecture.

To Subscribe:

Send requests for subscription to Fineart Forum to: Americas:
([email-masked]) or ([email-masked]) with the message:SUB
FINE-ART your e-mail address  first-name, last-name, and postal address.

Paper copies USD $55 per year subscription (includes Leonardo Electronic
Newsletter).  Pay ISAST, Box 75, 1442A Walnut, Berkeley, CA 94709.

Submissions:

Send submissions of items to be published in Fineart Forum to
[email-masked] or [email-masked].

Related List:

The ISAST Electronic Mail Directory is now available 24 hours a day on FAST,
ISAST's Fine Art Science and Technology Online Bulletin Board and Database.
Updated regularly, the Electronic Mail Directory provides the names and
E-mail and postal addresses of over 200 professionals in the arts, sciences
and technology, including subscribers to Fineart Forum.  A paper copy of this
Directory is also available from ISAST at $10 for members and $15 for
non-members, contact [email-masked] or send mail to the address
below.

We would also like to remind you that the Electronic Mail Directory--and
FAF--are only two of the total services provided by FAST.  FAST also
includes:

Holography Hotline; Space Arts News; Words on Works; ISAST Member News;
Calendars of Events; Directory of Organizations and Resources; Job Listings;
and Bibliographies and Abstracts

FAST is updated weekly and available on ACEN on The WELL conferencing system
for a $20.00 annual subscription fee to ISAST Members, $40.00 to Non-Members
(exclusive of online costs). For those without access to a modem, FAST is
also available on diskette for an annual subscription fee of $60.00 to ISAST
Members, $90.00 to Non-Members; or $17.00 per quarter to ISAST Members,
$25.00 to Non-Members.

How to Subscribe to FAST:  Send a check payable to ISAST to Box 75, 1442A
Walnut Street, Berkeley, CA  94709, USA.  Online subscribers must include
WELL logon.

Exec. Editor:  Roger Malina
Editor:  Nancy Nelson
ASTN President: Annick Bureaud, ASTN, 57 Rue Falguiere, Paris France
Correspondents:
Canada  - Jeff Mann ([email-masked])
Italy - Francesco Giomi ([email-masked])
Japan - Hiroshi Okuno ([email-masked])
USA - Judy Malloy ([email-masked])
    - Susan Kirchman ([email-masked])
ISEA - Wim Van der Plas - ([email-masked])

Published by:
The International Society for Art, Science and Technology (ISAST) on behalf
of: The Art, Science and Technology Network (ASTN) with support from:  The
Macmillan Foundation, Hochscholl voor de Kunsten Utrecht and the
Visualization Laboratory, Texas A&M University.

Contact:

[email-masked]

>>> Flora Online <<<

Peer-reviewed electronic journal for systematic botany. Includes original
data-intensive studies or original programs dealing with botanical topics.

ISSN: 0892-9106

To Subscribe:

Issues are available free online by dial up at 716-896-7581 (8-N-1), or
through anonymous FTP at huh.harvard.edu; also available on MS-DOS formatted
diskettes at $7.50 each. Ten diskettes cover the 27 issues published to date.
Write Clinton Herbarium, Buffalo Museum of Science, 1020 Humboldt Parkway,
Buffalo, NY 14211.

Submissions:

Richard H. Zander, Editor of Flora Online at above address. Text files should
be in straight ASCII to reach the maximum readership; programs should be
MS-DOS.

Back Issues:

Available in the same fashion as the most recent issue.

Contact:

Editor at above address.

>>> Intertext - An Electronic Fiction Digest <<<

Intertext is a bi-monthly magazine devoted to the publication of quality
fiction.  Non-fiction articles may also appear occasionally.

To Subscribe:

Subscribe by mailing [email-masked] -- specify ASCII or postscript

Submissions:

Submit stories and non-fiction to [email-masked]

Back Issues:

via FTP at network.ucsd.edu

Contact:

Jason Snell
([email-masked])

>>> IOUDAIOS Review <<<

IOUDAIOS Review is the serial electronic publication of IOUDAIOS@YORKVM1, the
international electronic forum for scholarship on Early Judaism and Christian
Origins. It is a review journal, which uses the electronic medium to provide
thorough peer reviews quickly. It uses a simplified SGML system to facilitate
electronic distribution.

ISSN 1183-9937

To Subscribe:

Subscription available through IOUDAIOS: send mail message
SUB IOUDAIOS Your Name
substituting your name for "Your Name", to LISTSERV@YORKVM1
(BITNET) or [email-masked] (internet).

Submissions:

Submissions are invited and scrutinized by the editors, though the editors
remain open to receiving unsolicited reviews.

Related List:

IOUDAIOS @vm1.yorku.ca (see above)

Back Issues:

Back issues are available on the fileserver at YORKVM1.

Contact:

David Reimer, Wilfrid Laurier Unversity
[email-masked]

>>> Issues In Science and Technology Librarianship <<<

Issues In Science and Technology Librarianship is a publication of the
Science and Technology Section of the Association of College and Research
Libraries, American Library Association. It is part of the STS Electronic
Communicatons Program and is sent out over the internet. This publication is
in its formative stages but expects to provide short substantial articles on
timely and important topics in science and technology librarianship.  It will
also provide conference and workshop reports as well as short
correspondences.  Special columns are in the process of being developed to
address service issues and hot topics.  Issues In Science and Technology
Librarianship is a produced by an electronic publicaton subcommittee of the
Newsletter Committee of STS. This publication does not intend to duplicate
other electronic publications but intends to cover areas not currently
available in electronic format.

To Subscribe:

Send a message to [email-masked]  This is not a Listserver address.

Submissions:

[email-masked]  Unsolicited articles will be reviewed by an editorial
board.

Back Issues:

[email-masked]

Contact:

Harry LLull, Editor, Centennial Science and Engineering Library, University
of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87112. [email-masked]

>>> Journal of the International Academy of Hospitality Research <<<

The Journal of the International Academy of Hospitality Research is published
by The Scholarly Communications Project of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and
State University, Blacksburg, VA., for the International Academy of
Hospitality Research.  JIAHR publishes refereed articles on basic and applied
research in all aspects of hospitality and tourism.  It is distributed via
Bitnet and the Internet to paid subscribers, including members of the
Academy, faculty, staff and students in hospitality/tourism research and
educational programs, and libraries.  An issue is sent out whenever an
article is judged of sufficient quality for distribution; the first issue
went out Nov. 26, 1990, the second Feb. 20, 1991, the third May 27, 1991 and
the fourth Dec. 6, 1991.

To Subscribe:

Contact the editor and publisher at JIAHRED@VTVM1 (on Bitnet) or
[email-masked] on the Internet.

Note - this e-journal is not free over the networks.  Subscription prices are
$30 per year for institutions, $20 for individuals, $10 for students.

>>> Journal of Technology Education <<<

The JOURNAL OF TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION provides a forum for scholarly discussion
on topics relating to technology education. (This is NOT to be confused with
"educational technology."  Technology education is a subject area in the
public schools like art, music, mathematics, etc. It was formerly known to
most of the world as "industrial arts"). Articles focus on technology
education research, philosophy, theory, or practice.  In addition, the
JOURNAL publishes book reviews, guest articles, comprehensive literature
analyses, and reactions to previously published articles.

ISSN 1045-1064

To Subscribe:

Subscribe to the Listserv JTE-L at VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU

Submissions:

Send five copies of manuscripts (following the APA Style) to Mark Sanders,
JTE Editor, 144 Smyth Hall, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061-0432.

Back Issues:

Some are available at $5/copy ($7 overseas)

Contact:

Mark Sanders (address above) or MSANDERS at VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU

>>> LIBRES <<<

"Library and Information Science Research Electronic Conference."  LIBRES is
an electronic journal designed to foster library and information science
research and support the development of our knowledge base.  This forum will
serve as a professional networking and information source.  We will share
ideas, solutions and experiences.

LIBRES will include discussions of research in progress, reviews of research,
queries and responses from participants, and conference announcements.
LIBRES will be distributed monthly, mid-month as editorial staffing allows.
All editors are volunteers on the LIBRES Project.  Subscription is open to
anyone interested.

To Subscribe:

You may subscribe to LIBRES by sending a subscribe command by interactive
message or by e-mail.  To subscribe by interactive message, send the command:

"SUB LIBRES YourFirstname YourLastname"to LISTSERV@KENTVM.  For example:

IBM VM CMS users would enter:  tell listserv at kentvm "sub LIBRES
YourFirstname YourLastname"

VAX VMS users would enter:  send listserv@kentvm "sub LIBRES YourFirstname
YourLastname

You may also subscribe by sending an e-mail message to LISTSERV@KENTVM or if
your account is on the Internet send to [email-masked], with the
following command as the text of the message.

SUB LIBRES YourFirstname YourLastname

You must leave the subject line empty and please don't include any extra text
as a machine will read this not a human (at first)

Submissions:

EDITORS@KENTVM or [email-masked] is the address to which to send
submissions and questions about the LIBRES Conference

Contact:

The Co-Editors are

Diane Kovacs -- dkovacs@[email-masked]
Tom Froehlicht -- froehli@[email-masked]
Julie McDaniel -- jmcdanie@[email-masked]
Amey Park -- apark@[email-masked]
Barbara Schloman -- bschloma@[email-masked]
Ellen Detlefsen -- ellen@[email-masked]
Rosemary Dumont -- rdumont@[email-masked]

>>> MeckJournal <<<

An Electronic Monthly from Meckler Publishing. MeckJournal, available at no
charge, is an electronic service offerred through Meckler's Electronic
Publishing Division.  Issues include an editorial, late breaking news,
feature articles published or forthcoming from any of Meckler's 14
technology- related periodicals, and other irregularly available features.

ISSN 1058-692X

To Subscribe:

Send a message to [email-masked] with the following information in the body
of the text: Subscribe MeckJournal [Internet or Bitnet address] Subscribers
will automatically receive the current issue.

Submissions:

Direct submission inquiries to Nancy Nelson at [email-masked], by phone
(203-226-6967), by fax (203-454-5840), or by mail Meckler, 11 Ferry Lane
West, Westport, CT 06880.  Submissions are refereed by appropriate members of
the 18 member advisory board.

Related List:

MC(2), an related information service is available for inspection and data
searching.  To access MC(2), telnet to nicol.jvnc.net, type nicol at login
prompt, select MC(2).  (no password is needed) Information included on MC(2)
includes Meckler's complete publications catalog and order form: technology
conference programs and registration form, MeckJournal: Tables of Contents of
Meckler Journals: Document Delivery Ordering Information: CD-ROM Librarian
index, 1986-1990: Computers in Libraries index, 1985-1990: Questionnaires for
Response, (a) Dial in: An Annual Guide to Library OPACs, (b) CD-ROMs in
Print: Library-produced CD-ROMs.

Back Issues:

Available on nicol (telnet to nicol.jvnc.net, type nicol at login prompt,
select (MC(2).

Contact:

Nancy Nelson

Meckler Publishing, 11 Ferry Lane West, Westport, CT 06880;
(203)226-6967; FAX (203)454-5840. Electronic Address: Internet,
[email-masked].  Outside of North and South America, contact:
Meckler Ltd., 2470249 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 1HQ, U.K.
(71)931-9985; FAX (71)931-8908.

>>> New Horizons in Adult Education <<<

NEW HORIZONS IN ADULT EDUCATION, founded in 1987, is a refereed electronic
journal managed by graduate students.  Using the speed of electronic
transmission, NEW HORIZONS  gives all types of adult educators a means to
publish their most current thinking and research within adult education and
related fields.   The editorial staff, comprised of graduate students, sends
submissions out for blind review, relays the reviewers' comments to authors,
and finally, formats and distributes the revised articles in the form of NEW
HORIZONS IN ADULT EDUCATION  -- all this is done using the medium of
mainframe computer telecommunications.

NEW HORIZONS IN ADULT EDUCATION is transmitted to adult educators around the
world via The Adult Education Network (AEDNET), an electronic network.
AEDNET and the journal are sponsored by Syracuse University, through funding
from the Kellogg Foundation.  Access to NEW HORIZONS IN ADULT EDUCATION is
facilitated in two ways. First the journal is free. Second, the contents of
the journal are indexed in ERIC, Educational Resources Information Center.
Syracuse University's Adult Education Program hopes the journal and AEDNET
will be catalysts in connecting adult educators throughout the world and in
promoting the exchange of ideas and research.

Articles can be submitted to NEW HORIZONS in a variety of disk formats
through regular land mail or electronically over AEDNET.  If an individual
author does not have access to mainframe computer technology, the editorial
staff will work with conventional paper copies and postal systems to publish
important contributions to adult education.

To Subscribe:

If you would like to subscribe to NEW HORIZONS IN ADULT EDUCATION, enroll in
the Adult Education Network by sending an email note to aednet@suvm (for
BITNET) or aednet.suvm.acs.syr.edu (for Internet) which contains your USERID
and FULL NAME.  Those adult educators interested in submitting articles
should contact the journal at horizons@suvm or [email-masked] by
email.

Contact:

Editors, NEW HORIZONS
Syracuse University
Adult Education Program
350 Huntington Hall
Syracuse, NY  13244-2340
Tel: 315/443-3421
FAX: 315/443-5732

horizons@suvm (for BITNET)
[email-masked] (Internet)

>>> Netweaver - Newsletter of the Electronic Networking Association <<<

NETWEAVER is an electronic publication of the Electronic Networking
Association.

To Subscribe:

(NEED INFO)

Contact:

(NEED E-MAIL ADDRESS OF EDITOR)

>>> OFFLINE <<<

Robert Kraft's OFFLINE column has appeared in printed form since 1984 in the
Bulletin of the Council of Societies for the Study of Religion and in the
Religious Studies News.  Despite its name, it also now appears in
prepublication electronic form on the HUMANIST discussion list at the node
BROWNVM and on the IOUDAIOS list at YORKVM1.  OFFLINE began as a service of
the Computer Assisted Research Group of the Society of Biblical Literature,
but it attempts to cover more widely the actual and potential use of
computers in religious studies in general.  Currently, an editorial team
often contributes items for inclusion in the column.

There is no subscription list but if one is a member of either
HUMANIST@BROWNMVM or IOUDAIOS@YORKVM1 then it will be sent to you as it is
issued to these lists.

Back Issues:

Available from the HUMANIST filelist which can be obtained by issuing the
command:

TELL LISTSERV@BROWNVM GET HUMANIST FILELIST

You may obtain a copy by issuing the command -- GET filename filetype
HUMANIST -- either interactively or as a batch-job, addressed to
ListServ@Brownvm.  Thus on a VM/CMS system, you say interactively:  TELL
LISTSERV AT BROWNVM GET filename filetype HUMANIST; if you are not on a
VM/CMS system, send mail to ListServ@Brownvm with the GET command as the
first and only line.

Contact:

Please send information, suggestions or queries concerning OFFLINE to Robert
A. Kraft, Box 36 College Hall, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA
19104-6303.  Telephone (215) 898-5827.  Bitnet address:  KRAFT@PENNDRLS (for
Internet add.UPENN.EDU).  To request printed information or materials from
OFFLINE, please supply an appropriately sized, self-addressed envelope or an
address label.  A complete electronic file of OFFLINE columns (some 500K and
growing) is available upon request (for IBM/DOS, Mac, or IBYCUS), or from the
HUMANIST discussion group FileServer (BROWNVM.BITNET).

>>> Online Journal of Distance Education and Communication <<<

In the industrial age, we go to school.  In the information age, school can
come to us.  This is the message implicit in the media and movement of
distance education.  The issues that the Journal is concerned with fall into
four basic content areas:

The Journal is interested in distance education as the organized method of
reaching geographically disadvantaged learners, whether K-12, post secondary,
or general enrichment students.

The Journal recognizes that education encompasses a broad area of experience
and that distance education includes distance communications that fall
outside the domain of formal learning.  The Journal welcomes contributions
that deal with serving people at a distance who aren't necessarily associated
with a learning institution.

Once the distance education infrastructure is solidly in place, local
learners will want to tap into it, because they simply prefer learning in a
decentralized setting or because they want to expand their learning
opportunities and resources beyond those immediately available to them.  This
phenomenon, which we call 'bringing distance education home,' will grow in
the coming years and we look forward to hearing from people about
telecommunications in education, as a tool or a content area.

The Journal is interested in projects concerned with overcoming cultural
barriers through the use of electronic communication.

A Word About Approach:

Electronic journals are different from their paper-based counterparts in two
significant ways.  The first is the uncompromising sequentiality of online
media- readers can not skip past online articles that don't interest them the
way they can in a conventional magazine.  And second, generally anyone who
writes for an online publication is on the same network as those who read it.
Therefore, it is much easier for writers and readers to contact each other.
These two aspects fit together nicely.  I ask writers to contribute short
(1-2 page) summary articles.  Readers interested in specific articles can
then ask writers directly for more detail.  This approach cuts down on the
network resources needed to distribute the Online Journal and allows for
greater reader interactivity, while reducing the amount of unwanted
information readers are forced to scroll through.

To Subscribe:

Send the following command to LISTSERV@UWAVM :SUB DISTED your_full_name

Submissions:

All contributions should be sent to JADIST@ALASKA

Contact:

Any other questions about DISTED can be sent to:

Jason B. Ohler, Editor  or  Paul J. Coffin
JFJBO@ALASKA                JSPJC@ALASKA

>>> Public-Access Computer Systems News <<<

Public-Access Computer Systems News is an electronic newsletter that contains
brief news items about end-user computer systems in libraries.  It is
published by the University of Houston Libraries. The newsletter was
established in March 1990 by Charles W. Bailey, Jr. and Dana Rooks, who
co-edit the publication.  Issues are sent out as messages on PACS-L, and back
issues are stored on the list server.

The newsletter is copyrighted; however, copying is permitted for
noncommercial use by computer conferences, individual scholars, and
libraries.  Libraries are authorized to add the newsletter to their
collections at no cost.  The newsletter is cataloged on OCLC; its ISSN is
1050-6004.

To retrieve an issue of the Public-Access Computer Systems News, send an
e-mail message to LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 or [email-masked] containing the
appropriate command based on the issue's volume and number:

    GET PACSNEWS V1N1 F=MAIL    GET PACSNEWS V1N7 F=MAIL
    GET PACSNEWS V1N2 F=MAIL    GET PACSNEWS V1N8 F=MAIL
    GET PACSNEWS V1N3 F=MAIL    GET PACSNEWS V1N9 F=MAIL
    GET PACSNEWS V1N4 F=MAIL    GET PACSNEWS V1N10 F=MAIL
    GET PACSNEWS V1N5 F=MAIL    GET PACSNEWS V1N11 F=MAIL
    GET PACSNEWS V1N6 F=MAIL    GET PACSNEWS V1N12 F=MAIL

    GET PACSNEWS V2N1 F=MAIL    GET PACSNEWS V2N7 F=MAIL
    GET PACSNEWS V2N2 F=MAIL    GET PACSNEWS V2N8 F=MAIL
    GET PACSNEWS V2N3 F=MAIL    GET PACSNEWS V2N9 F=MAIL
    GET PACSNEWS V2N4 F=MAIL    GET PACSNEWS V2N10 F=MAIL
    GET PACSNEWS V2N5 F=MAIL    GET PACSNEWS V2N11 F=MAIL
    GET PACSNEWS V2N6 F=MAIL

Access to these files is not restricted to PACS-L users.

 FURTHER INFORMATION

For further information, contact: Charles W. Bailey, Jr., Assistant Director
for Systems, University Libraries, University of Houston, Houston, TX
77204-2091, (713) 749-4241 or LIB3@UHUPVM1.

>>> The Public-Access Computer Systems Review <<<

The Public-Access Computer Systems Review (PACS Review) is a refereed
electronic journal about end-user computer systems in libraries.  It covers
topics such as CD-ROM databases, electronic publishing, expert systems,
hypertext programs, microcomputer labs, locally-mounted databases,
network-based information resources, and online catalogs.  It is published by
the University of Houston Libraries.

The PACS Review, which was established in January 1990, is distributed at no
charge on BITNET, Internet, and other computer networks.  Charles W. Bailey,
Jr., University of Houston Libraries, is the founding Editor-in-Chief of the
journal; Leslie Pearse, OCLC, is the Associate Editor, Columns; Dana Rooks,
University of Houston Libraries, is the Associate Editor, Communications; and
Mike Ridley, University of Waterloo, is the Associate Editor, Reviews.  The
journal has a fifteen-member Editorial Board.

The PACS Review is associated with the moderated PACS-L list, which sends out
between five and fifteen messages per day about end-user computer systems in
libraries.  PACS-L currently serves over 3,300 users in 35 countries.  PACS-L
was founded in June 1989 by Charles W. Bailey, Jr.; it is currently moderated
by Dana Rooks (LIBL@UHUPVM1) and Jill Hackenberg ([email-masked]). PACS-L
users have an automatic subscription to the journal.  To join PACS-L, send
the following e-mail message to LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 or [email-masked]:
SUBSCRIBE PACS-L First Name Last Name.

PACS Review articles are stored as individual files on the list server, and
a table of contents message for each issue is sent out to all PACS-L users.
After looking over the table of contents message, users can retrieve article
files of interest.

The journal is copyrighted; however, copying is permitted for noncommercial
use by computer conferences, individual scholars, and libraries.  Libraries
are authorized to add the journal to their collections at no cost.  The
journal is cataloged on OCLC and RLIN; its ISSN is 1048-6542.

To retrieve the table of contents file for an issue of the PACS Review, send
an e-mail message to LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 or [email-masked] that
contains the appropriate command based on the issue's volume and number:

    GET CONTENTS PRV1N1 F=MAIL
    GET CONTENTS PRV1N2 F=MAIL
    GET CONTENTS PRV1N3 F=MAIL
    GET CONTENTS PRV2N1 F=MAIL
    GET CONTENTS PRV2N2 F=MAIL

To retrieve an annual index file for a volume of the PACS Review, send an
e-mail message to LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 or [email-masked] that contains
the appropriate command based on the volume's number:

    GET INDEX PRV1 F=MAIL

Access to these files is not restricted to PACS-L users.  To obtain a
complete list of available files, send the following message to
LISTSERV@UHUPVM1 or [email-masked]: INDEX PACS-L F=MAIL.

For a description of the early days of the PACS Review, see: Bailey, Jr.,
Charles W.  "Electronic (Online) Publishing in Action: The Public-Access
Computer Systems Review and Other Electronic Serials."  Online 15 (January
1991): 28-35.

>>> PIGULKI <<<

Occasional magazine (electronic) of news and humor relating to Poland and
Polish issues, particularly Poland's democratic evolution and its expansion
of computer networking internally and to the West.  Written in English;
intended for audiences both in the West and in Poland.

To Subscribe:

Pigulki is distributed at present (April 1991) by its editors and by
designated distributors.  We are interested in finding anonymous FTP sites to
increase availability of back issues.  Until that time, please send inquiries
on submissions, subscriptions and back issues to Dave Philips
[email-masked].

Back Issues:

To obtain Pigulki issue 4, for example, mail the following message to
[email-masked]:  send pigulki.004 from poland

Unix users and others with uncompress s/w may use the anon. ftp at
mthvax.cs.miami.edu (weeknights and evenings US Eastern time only, please) to
obtain back issues from subdirectory poland.  Other users should use the mail
request method (above).

Contact:

Editors
Jerzy Klimkowski (Glen Allen, VA, USA) email: [email-masked]
Dave Phillips    (Kenmore, NY, USA)    email: [email-masked]
Jacek Ulanski    (Lodz, Poland)        email: [email-masked]
Marek Zielinski  (Rego Park, NY, USA)  email:[email-masked]

PIGULKI Authorized Distributors

North America
 FLORIDA:          Andrew Mossberg     ([email-masked])
 OTHER N.AMERICA:  Dave Phillips       ([email-masked])
Oceania:            Marek Samoc         ([email-masked])
Europe:
 Sweden/Poland:    Marek Chudoba       ([email-masked])
 Other Europe:     Marek Zielinski     ([email-masked])

>>> Postmodern Culture <<<

Postmodern Culture is an electronic journal of interdisciplinary studies.  We
publish writing which ranges from analytical essays and reviews to video
scripts and other new literary forms.  Postmodern Culture hopes to publish
excellent work, to open the discussion of postmodernism to a wide audience
and to new and different participants, to encourage reconsideration of the
forms and practices of academic writing, and to experiment with departures
from the traditional idea of published texts as immutable and monologic.
Postmodern Culture is published 3 times a year, in September, January, and
May.  Volume 1, number 1 was the September, 1990 issue; Volume 2 begins with
September of 1991, et cetera.

ISSN:  1053-1920

To Subscribe:

Requests for electronic mail subscriptions can be mailed directly to the
ListServ program which distributes the journal (Internet:
[email-masked], Bitnet:  listserv@ncsuvm); this mail should
contain only the one-line command:

sub pmc-list [your_first_name your_last_name]

There should be no other text, spaces, or blank lines before this command, no
brackets around your first and last name, and no other text after the
command.

Postmodern Culture is also available on microfiche and on disk (DOS-format
3.5" or 5.25" double-sided, low-density disks, and Macintosh-format 3.5"
double-sided, low-density disks).  Subscription rates for these formats are
$15/year for individuals, $30/year for institutions (in Canada, add $3;
elsewhere outside the U.S., add $7).  Requests for disk or fiche
subscriptions should be sent to the journal's postal address, given below.

Journal-sponsored Discussion List:

Using the ListServ address, readers may also subscribe free of charge to
PMC-Talk, an open discussion group for issues relating to the journal's
contents and to postmodernism in general.  To request subscription to
PMC-Talk from the ListServ program, substitute "pmc-talk" for "pmc-list" in
the ListServ command given above.  PMC-Talk has its own set of files,
including bibliographies, translations, non-juried essays, interviews, and
creative writing.

Submissions:

Electronic-mail submissions can be sent to the journal's editorial address:

Bitnet:  pmc@ncsuvm
Internet:  [email-masked]

Submissions to the journal can also be made on disk or in hard copy; disk
submissions should be in WordPerfect or ASCII format, but if this is not
possible please indicate the program and operating system used.  The
journal's postal address is:

Postmodern Culture
Box 8105
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8105

Documentation for critical essays should follow the current MLA format; a
list of the text-formatting conventions used by Postmodern Culture for ASCII
text is available on request.

Back Issue:

NOTE:  the index of files available from PMC-LIST may be retrieved as a mail
message rather than as a file by adding F=MAIL to the end of any of the
command lines specified below.

A. If you are on Bitnet/NetNorth/EARN and use an IBM VM/CMS system send the
interactive command

TELL LISTSERV AT NCSUVM IND PMC-LIST

As an alternative, send a mail message to LISTSERV AT NCSUVM containing the
one and only line
IND PMC-LIST
This should be on the first line of the mail message--in other words, there
should be no blank lines and no salutation preceding this line.

B. If you are on Bitnet/NetNorth/EARN and use a VAX VMS system, type

SEND MESSAGE NCSUVM LISTSERV IND PMC-LIST

You may also be able to use the following interactive procedure:

SEND/REMOTE NCSUVM LISTSERVat which point you should get the prompt
(NCSUVM)LISTSERV:At the prompt, type
IND PMC-LIST

If neither the SEND command nor the interactive procedure produce the desired
results, use whatever command you have to send a file--e.g., SENDFILE--to
LISTSERV AT NCSUVM, the first and only line of the file you send being
IND PMC-LIST

C.If you are on Bitnet/NetNorth/EARN but don't use an IBM VM/CMS system, or
if you are not on Bitnet (e.g., JANET, ARPA, UUCP, etc.) use your mailer of
whatever kind--e.g., MAIL--to send an ordinary message to LISTSERV AT NCSUVM
and include as the one and only line
IND PMC-LIST

Contact:

The Editors:
Bitnet:   pmc@ncsuvm
Internet: [email-masked]

>>> PSYCOLOQUY <<<

PSYCOLOQUY is a refereed electronic journal (ISSN 1044-0143) sponsored
American Psychological Association's Science Directorate and Office of
Publication and Communication and co-edited by Stevan Harnad (Psychology
Department, Princeton University) and Perry London (Dean, Graduate School of
Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University).

PSYCOLOQUY publishes brief reports of ideas and findings on which the author
wishes to solicit rapid peer feedback, international and interdisciplinary
("Scholarly Skywriting"), in all areas of psychology and its related fields
(biobehavioral, cognitive, neural, social, etc.). All contributions are
refereed by members of PSYCOLOQUY's 60-member Editorial Board.

Target articles should normally not exceed 500 lines in length, commentaries
and responses should not exceed 200 lines. All target articles must have (1)
a short abstract ( < 100 words), (2) an indexable title, (3) 6 - 8 indexable
keywords, and the (4) author's full name and institutional address. The
submission should be accompanied by (5) a rationale for soliciting commentary
(e.g., why would commentary be useful and of interest to the field? what kind
of commentary do you expect to elicit?) and (6) a list of potential
commentators (with their email addresses). Commentaries must have indexable
titles and the commentator's full name and institutional address (abstract is
optional).

Authors of accepted manuscripts assign to PSYCOLOQUY the right to distribute
the text electronically and to archive and make it permanently retrievable
electronically. However, they retain the copyright, and after it has appeared
in PSYCOLOQUY authors may republish their text any way they wish --
electronic or print -- as long as they clearly acknowledge PSYCOLOQUY as its
original locus of publication. Except in very special cases, agreed upon in
advance, articles that have already been published or are about to be
published elsewhere are not eligible to be considered for publication in
PSYCOLOQUY.

To Subscribe:

To subscribe to PSYCOLOQUY send a message to either:

[email-masked]
or
[email-masked]

containing the following one-line message (without a message header or topic,
i.e. leave "Subject" line blank):

sub psyc Firstname Lastname

(substituting your first and last name, of course).

After you are notified that you are on the list, subsequent postings to the
list should be sent to:

[email-masked]
or
[email-masked]
or
[email-masked]

which will redirect them to the list's editors, who will post them for you if
they are judged appropriate.

The PSYCOLOQUY list can be retrieved by sending to [email-masked] the
command

rev psyc

If you do not want your email address to be retrievable that way, send to
[email-masked] the command:

set psyc conceal

(This command will only work after you are already signed on.)

The archive of PSYCOLOQUY back-issues is currently retrievable both by
anonymous ftp on the Internet and by the standard listserv file retrieval
commands on Bitnet:

(1) Bitnet/Listserv Retrieval of PSYCOLOQUY Archive:

Bitnet users can either send the commands shown below as a TELL message to
Listserv (TELL LISTSERV AT PUCC) or as email to [email-masked]. If you
use email, your commands should appear in the body of the message and not in
the subject line. Remember to send your mail requests to
[email-masked], not to [email-masked]

To get a list of all PSYC files:

GET PSYC FILELIST

This will send you a file containing the names of all the available files.
Issuing the command INDEX PSYC will produce the same results. The file sent
by this command is not the same as the PSYC INDEX file, so it might be less
confusing to use the GET command rather than the INDEX command.

Then, to order an individual file:

GET fname ftype

fname and ftype are the CMS Filename and Filetype as listed in the PSYC
FILELIST file.

Listserv does limit the amount of data that a user can order in a single day.
Currently the limit is 3 Meg, so this will not affect PSYC users.

(2) Internet/Unix/ftp Retrieval of PSYCOLOQUY Archive

The PSYCOLOQUY archives are temporarily available by anonymous ftp, if you
have it. To retrieve a file by ftp from a Unix/Internet site, type either:

ftp princeton.edu
or
ftp 128.112.128.1

When you are asked for your login, type: anonymous

For your password, type: your-own-login-name@your-system-name

then change directories with: cd pub/harnad

To list the available files, type: ls

The archive files look like this: psyc.arch...

Next, retrieve the file you want with (for example): get psyc.arch.1.9

When you have the file(s) you want, type: quit

JANET users can use the Internet file transfer utility at JANET node
UK.AC.FT-RELAY to get BBS files. Use standard file transfer, setting the site
to be UK.AC.FT-RELAY, the userid as [email-masked], the password as
your own userid, and the remote filename to be the filename according to Unix
conventions (i.e. something like pub/harnad/psyc.arch.1.9). Lower case should
be used where indicated, using quotes if necessary to avoid automatic
translation into upper case.

------------------------
The above cannot be done form Bitnet directly, but there is a fileserver
called [email-masked] that will do it for you. Send it the one line
message

help

for instructions (which will be similar to the above, but will be in the form
of a series of lines in an email message that bitftp will then execute for
you).
-------------------------
PSYCOLOQUY can also be accessed on Usenet as the moderated newsgroup
sci.psychology.digest but then you will regularly have to check Usenet for
new issues, because they are not automatically emailed to you as they are in
the Bitnet version.

Contact:

Stevan Harnad
([email-masked]) or ([email-masked])

>>> QUANTA - Science, Fact, and Fiction <<<

Quanta is the elctronic magazine of Science Fiction and Fantasy. Quanta has
been around since October of 1989, and publishes fiction by amateur and
professional authors from all corners of the net.  Quanta is published in two
formats, ascii text for reading on-line and PostScript for dumping to
PostScript laser-printers.

ISSN: 1053-8496

To Subscribe:

To receive more info on Quanta, or to be added to the distribution list, send
mail to one of the following addresses, depending on which version of the
magazine you'd like to receive.

[email-masked]
[email-masked]
or
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

Send mail only- no interactive messages or files please.  Note that if you
subscribe with a letter sent over BITNET, you will have the magazine sent to
you as a file over BITNET, whereas if you subscribe with a letter sent over
the Internet, the magazine will be sent to you as a series of mail messages.

Also, if you request it, I will put you on the "FTP" list which means you
will get a notice when a new issue comes out, directing you how to pick it up
from one of the servers.  This is to save wear and tear on mailer machines
and to generally spread the load of distribution over a wider area.

Back Issues:

There are three FTP archives for Quanta issues and back issues:

Host:                   IP#:                    Directory:
______________________________________________________________________
export.acs.cmu.edu      (128.2.35.66)           /pub/quanta
eff.org                 (192.88.144.3)          /journals/Quanta
lth.se*                 (130.235.16.3)          /documents/Quanta

European service only

In all cases, use login name of "anonymous" and send your mailing address as
the password. When FTPing these files, make sure to select BINARY transfer
mode.

Back issues may also be obtained over AFS from the directory:
/afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr5/da1n/Quanta/Archive

If you have any questions or problems concerning FTP sites, or the AFS
directory, please mail them to [email-masked] so I can check up on
them.

Submissions:

Quanta needs stories.  What's in it for you, you ask?  True, Quanta can't pay
you for your submissions (yet), but getting fiction into Quanta means
distribution and recognition.  Quanta also publishes reviews, articles and
editorials.

Submitting material to Quanta is as easy as sending it to
[email-masked].  If your submission is already in LaTeX format, send
it in that format (RTF is also acceptable). Otherwise, send in straight ASCII
text.

Contact:

Daniel Appelquist ([email-masked]).

>>> RD: Graduate Research in the Arts <<<

RD: GRADUATE RESEARCH IN THE ARTS is a refereed journal dedicated to
publishing the work of graduate scholars in the Arts.  Its mandate is to
provide an appropriate forum for their scholarly work and a collective voice
for their issues and interests.  Papers are accepted from graduate students
in the Arts, Fine Arts, and Humanities in any of the following areas:
language, literature and other
artifacts/artefacts
constructions of the self, gender, class and race
the academy itself and its institutional imperatives.

Multidisciplinary and collaborative work is also encouraged.  RD is published
twice a year.

Although based at York University, Canada, RD's editors, editorial board, and
readers are made up of graduate students across North America.  The editors
actively solicit applications from graduate students from various
institutions to act as readers of papers. Volunteers should include a CV, or
a brief summary of their scholarly work and publications, to the editors.

ISSN: 1188-0708

To Subscribe:
                        1 Year  2 Years
Student                 $16.00  $30.00
Individual/Institution  $24.00  $44.00
Please add 7% for GST.  Made checks payable to RD, and send to

RD, Subscriptions
York University
c/o Graduate Programme in English
215 Stong College
4700 Keele Street
North York, Ontario
CANADA  M3J 1P3

Individuals who have access to e-mail can receive electronic versions of the
journal free of charge by sending their name, status (student, faculty,
other) and e-mail address to [email-masked].

Submissions:

Address two copies of each paper to the editors with a SASE and proof of
current enrollment in a graduate programme (for instance, photocopy of a
student card or letter from the programme).  Submissions can also be sent on
disk (DOS or Macintosh format) or by e-mail.  If you intend to send papers by
e-mail, please contact the editors to receive guidelines for indicating
foreign or special characters and italics. All submissions should conform to
the _MLA Style Manual_.

Back Issues:

Available by contacting the editors.

Contact:

Stephen N. Matsuba
Editor, RD
York University
c/o Graduate Programme in English
215 Stong College
4700 Keele Street
North York, Ontario
CANADA  M3J 1P3
bitnet: [email-masked]
   OR   [email-masked]

>>> Religious Studies Publications Journal - CONTENTS <<<

- An all electronic, network distributed serial for Religious Studies

ISSN: 1188-5734

Purpose:

     To disseminate via the global computer networks;

     1) The table of contents, standard bibliographic information, abstracts
      and reviews of new and recent publications in Religious Studies

     2) Thesis and dissertations, subject bibliographies, glossaries, course
      syllabi and other pedagogical material.

     3) Software reviews of computer programs relevant to Religious Studies
      research

     4) Prepublication papers, dissertation abstracts, solicitations for
      manuscripts, and provide a central source of information on all
      networked documents of interest to Religious Studies and related
      fields.

Goal:

      To provide a comprehensive network distributed source of information on
      Religious Studies publications, pedagogical and research resources and
      software tools.

Overview:

      The Religious Studies Publications Journal - CONTENTS, subtitled the
CONTENTS Project, is a networked electronic journal that brings together
academic publishers and online scholars in Religious Studies and related
fields. This journal provides an information service to academic publishers
and the more than one thousand scholars in Religious Studies and related
fields who are online with BITNET, Internet, and other international computer
networks.  CONTENTS' primary function is the posting of table of contents,
standard bibliographic, pricing and ordering information, abstracts and
reviews of new books and journal issues of relevance to academics in the
broad field of Religious Studies.  This electronic journal also publishes
software reviews of programs essential to computer assisted research.
CONTENTS extends the scope of electronic publication by combining reviews and
abstracts with table of contents and ordering information of new books and
journals in print.  Publishers are encouraged to provide an electronic mail
contact address so as to enable CONTENTS' subscribers to order texts via the
network.  This electronic journal is designed in anticipation of the
developing commercialization of the academic networks and anticipates the
growing trend within publishing houses of accommodating individual chapter
and single article purchases.

      The CONTENTS Project operates by obtaining permission from participating
publishers to scan the table of contents from new and recent books and
journals and disseminates this information in electronic text to its
subscribers.  To the table of contents is added information on the publisher,
number of pages, price, abstracts and, if available, online ordering contact.
Publishers also are encourage to submit abstracts, book notes and reviews for
electronic republication.

      CONTENTS will also disseminate and archive information on works in
progress, conference announcements, solicitations for manuscripts, complete
dissertations, bibliographies, networked documents and audio-visual resources
of relevance to Religious Studies. All publication records posted by the
CONTENTS Project are archived via LISTSERV at Listserv@Uottawa or
[email-masked] and may be searched or downloaded by the network
community.  Eventually, all CONTENTS records will be fully searchable as an
online public access database via TELNET.

      A supplement to CONTENTS, Lists in Review, provides an overview of many
of the Listserv lists (online academic conferences) of relevance to Religious
Studies.  A team of editors surveys individual lists and records lists of
subject keywords that will serve to indicate what has been discussed on any
given online conference.  These list summaries are compiled by the supplement
editor and posted as a short file to CONTENTS and archived on
a fileserver.  This collection will allow networked researchers to quickly
survey what has been discussed on dozens of lists and then retrieve past
conversations from a list's logbook.

The list will not be conversational.  Frequency of postings will depend on
the number of cooperating publishers.

      At present, the Religious Studies Publications Journal - CONTENTS, has
over five hundred subscribers in more than twenty four countries.

The Religious Studies Publications Journal - CONTENTS, team consists of:

Michael Strangelove                L. Gregory Bloomquist
Project Director                   Associate Director and
University of Ottawa               Managing Software Review Editor
                                   Saint Paul University
Michael T. Bradley
Lists in Review Supplement         Reinhard Pummer
Managing Editor                    Publications Review Editor
Columbia University                University of Ottawa

Board of Advisors:

Ann Okerson
     Director, Association of Research Libraries
     Office of Scientific and Academic Publishing
Sandra Woolfrey
     Director, Wilfrid Laurier University Press
Michael Neuman
     Director, Center for Text and Technology
     Georgetown University
Larry Hurtado
     Director, Institute for the Humanities
     University of Manitoba
Philip Davies
     Director, Sheffield Academic Press
     Department of Biblical Studies, University of Sheffield
Willard McCarty
     Assistant Director, Centre for Computing in the Humanities
     University of Toronto
Robert Kraft
     University of Pennsylvania
James O'Donnell
     University of Pennsylvania
Peter Scott
     University of Saskatchewan
Jean-Claude Guedon
     University of Montreal
David J. Reimer
     Wilfrid Laurier University
Gord Nickerson
     University of Western Ontario
Jim Marchand
     University of Illinois
William Adler
     North Carolina State University
Robin Cover and Raymond Harder
    Co-Chairs, Computer Assisted Research Group
    Society of Biblical Literature

To Subscribe:

To subscribe to the Religious Studies Publications Journal - CONTENTS, send
the following e-mail message to Listserv@Uottawa or
[email-masked]  SUBSCRIBE CONTENTS your name

To determine the status of your subscription to CONTENTS, send the
following e-mail message to the above address: QUERY CONTENTS

Contact the project director at 441495@Uottawa or [email-masked]
if you experience difficulty subscribing to CONTENTS.

Back Issues:

To retrieve previous postings to an issue of the Religious Studies
Publications Journal - CONTENTS, send an e-mail message to Listserv@Uottawa
or [email-masked], containing the GET file name command based on
the names of monthly logbooks:

    GET CONTENTS LOG9201
    GET CONTENTS LOG9202
    GET CONTENTS LOG9203
    GET CONTENTS LOG9204
    GET CONTENTS LOG9205
    GET CONTENTS LOG9206
    GET CONTENTS LOG9207

To get a list of individual religious studies related bibliographies,
reviews, articles, glossaries, and other files archived on the CONTENTS
Project's LISTSERV database, send the email message

    GET CONTENTS FILELIST

Access to these logbooks and archived files are not restricted to CONTENTS
subscribers.  These logbooks can be searched via LDBASE.

For more information about the Religious Studies Publications Journal -
CONTENTS:

Contact:

Michael Strangelove               441495@Uottawa
Department of Religious Studies   [email-masked]
University of Ottawa              FAX:   (613) 564-6641
177 Waller, Ottawa, Ontario       Voice: (613) 564-2300
CANADA K1N 6N5

>>> Socjety Journal <<<

Socjety Journal is devoted to Alumni of the Technical University of Wroclaw,
Poland.

To Subscribe:

[email-masked]
SUB WROCLAW First_Name Last_Name

Contact:

Ala Lewanowicz  [email-masked]
or coeditor Pawel MIsiak  [email-masked]

Inst. Chemii Org. i Fiz.
Politechniki Wroclawskiej
Wyb. Wyspianskiego 27
PL 50-370 Wroclaw

>>> SOLSTICE: An Electronic Journal of Geography and Mathematics <<<

Solstice first appeared in the summer of 1990.  Solstice is an online,
refereed journal published by the Institute of Mathematical Geography
(IMaGe). It is transmitted, free of charge, to a distribution list of
subscribers twice yearly, on the astronomical solstices, over
bitnet/internet. The journal is typeset using TeX so that mathematical
notation may be sent as an ASCII file and downloaded as typeset notation by
the receiver (at receiver cost).  This procedure enables users to have
high-quality typeset copy using a program acceptable to conventional
publishers should they wish; hard copy is available from the Institute of
Mathematical Geography (currently at a cost of $15.95 U.S. (soft cover) per
year plus shipping). This is a cheap way, in terms of fiscal and
environmental costs, to create, typeset, and distribute a journal. Solstice
is copyrighted; typically, it includes original, refereed articles as well as
other material such as reprints and various features.

ISSN: 1059-5325

To Subscribe:

Write via electronic mail to Bitnet: Solstice@UMICHUM  Internet:
[email-masked] or directly to Dr. Sandy Arlinghaus at the
address below.  Ask, in either case, to have your bitnet or internet address
added to the distribution list for Solstice and a free subscription will be
entered beginning with the next issue. Requests for hard copy should also be
sent to the same address. Hard copy is produced as needed directly from the
transmitted electronic file, with photos and difficult-to-transmit figures
scanned into the hard copy on a scanning digital copying machine. Hard copy
may be purchased in a soft-binding or in a hard-binding.

Submissions:

The purpose of Solstice is to promote interaction between geography and
mathematics. Articles in which elements of one discipline are used to shed
light on the other are particularly sought. Also welcome, are original
contributions that are purely geographical or purely mathematical. All
original articles are refereed. Invited articles and reprints are screened by
suitable members of the Editorial Board. IMaGe is open to having authors
suggest, and furnish material for, new regular features.  Authors should
submit manuscripts to the Editor-in-Chief. Manuscripts may be submitted as an
ASCII file, via bitnet or internet, or on a 5.25 inch high density diskette.
They may also be submitted as hard copy (in triplicate). Upon final
acceptance, figures in refereed papers must be drawn in Indian ink on
high-quality paper (or in some other acceptable manner negotiated on an
individual basis).  There are no page charges; authors will be given
permission to make reprints from the electronic file. The suggested format
for referencing an article is to cite the hard copy with page numbers in the
customary manner AND to cite the electronic copy as transmitted, complete
with facts of the transmission as they appear on the received header, as to
date and time of transmission. Cite field character count (to replace
pagination) of the article in accordance with specific instructions from
IMaGe.

Back Issues:

Back issues are available in hard copy from IMaGe---within the Monograph
Series of the Institute of Mathematical Geography; because they are produced
in an on-demand fashion, they do not go out of print. Warehousing is not a
significant issue in this mode of journal production. Current prices are
$15.95 for soft binding and $23.95 for hard binding. Shipping and handling
charges will be added. Back electronic files can be made available, but at a
cost; individual requests will be negotiated separately.

Contact:

Dr. Sandra L. Arlinghaus
Director, Institute of Mathematical Geography
2790 Briarcliff Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48105-1429 U.S.A.
Phone: (313) 761-1231
Bitnet: Solstice@UMICHUM
Internet: [email-masked]

>>> TeXMaG <<<

TeXMaG is a monthly electronic magazine available free of charge to all
interested parties reachable by electronic mail.   Letters to the editor may
be sent to NABTEXM@TAMVENUS (Bitnet) or [email-masked] (Internet) and
may be published in a future issue.

Publisher:  Academic Computing Services of Texas A&M University Managing
Editor:  Neil Burleson

To Subscribe:

CDNnet:  Send a note to ([email-masked]) asking to receive
TeXMaG.
JANET:  Send a note to Peter Abbott, ([email-masked]) asking to receive
TeXMaG.

All others:  Send the following command as an interactive message (Bitnet) or
as a single-line mail message to LISTSERV@UICVM or [email-masked]:
SUBS TEXMAG-L Your_Full_Name.

If you have difficulty doing this, send a note to Neil Burleson
([email-masked]).

Submissions:

Please send submissions to ([email-masked]) or (TEXMAG-L@UICVM); they
will automatically be forwarded to the editor.

Back Issues:

Back issues may be FTP'd from YMIR.CLAREMONT.EDU from the directory
[ANONYMOUS.TEX.PERIODICALS.TEXMAG]

Back issues may also be FTP'd from SUN.SOE.CLARKSON.EDU from the directory
pub/texmag.  Users without FTP access may request back issues from the
Clarkson repository by sending a mail message to
([email-masked]) with the form

path A_MAIL_PATH_FROM_CLARKSON_TO_YOU
get texmag.V.NN

where V is the volume number and NN is the issue number.  Including a line
"index texmag" in the message will return a list of back issues available.

Janet users may obtain back issues from the Aston archive.  Those who are on
SPAN can get in touch with Max Calvani at 39003::CALVANI for infos about SPAN
archive.

Contact:

Neil Burleson
NABTEXM@TAMVENUS (Bitnet) or [email-masked] (Internet).

>>> TeX Publication Distribution List <<<

[email-masked] ([email-masked]) TeX-Pubs is a redistribution list
for TeX-related electronic form periodicals whch is being made available in
addition to INFO-TeX for your convenience.  The distribution of TeX-Pubs
includes TeXhax Digest, UKTeX, TeXMaG, the TeX Users Group's "TeX and TUG
News", and the "Frequently Asked Questions" and "Supplementary TeX
Information" posts from the comp.text.tex newsgroup.

The intent of TeX-Pubs is to allow users a single site for delivery of these
electronic form periodicals, as well as any others which may be brought to my
attention.  This list is offered in lieu of directly posting these documents
to INFO-TeX.  The decision to create a support list is in an effort to
provide this information to interested readers, but not replicate it for
those who wish to retain their current subscription(s) and not be bothered by
extraneous material on INFO-TeX.

There will be no direct archives for TeX-Pubs.  Instead, each of the included
periodicals will have its own directory available for retrieval from
[email-masked] ([email-masked]).

To Subscribe:

If you would like to subscribe to TeX-Pubs, please include the command:
SUBSCRIBE TeX-Pubs in the body of a mail message to [email-masked]
([email-masked]). This LISTSERV is MAIL-oriented only; interactive
messages sent to this LISTSERV address will be ignored.

Contact:

Any questions regarding TeX-Pubs or INFO-TeX should be directed to
their owner:

George D. Greenwade, Ph.D.
Bitnet:  BED_GDG@SHSU Department of Economics and Business Analysis
THEnet: SHSU::BED_GDG College of Business Administration
Voice: (409) 294-1266 P. O. Box 2118
FAX:   (409) 294-3612
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341
Internet: [email-masked]
[email-masked]

>>> Textual Studies in Canada <<<

Textual Studies in Canada, a collaborative journal of interdisciplinary
inquiry, offers an e-journal/bulletin board service to its subscribers.

The focus of the journal (and its electronic complement):  issues related to
the study of texts with a Canadian context.  We are interested in how texts
are composed, read, and variously defined according to disciplinary and
cultural presuppositions.

Contact:

For submission/subscription information, please contact W.F. Garrett-Petts,
Co-editor, Faculty of Arts, Cariboo University College, Kamloops, B.C.,
Canada, V2C 5N3. E-mail:  [email-masked]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                            END OF FILE: EJOURNL1 DIRECTRY
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++