Subject: Regional Newsgroup Hierarchies
From: [email-masked] (Andrew Partan)
Date: 22 Jan 91 02:15:23 GMT
Newsgroups: news.lists,news.groups,news.announce.newusers

Original-from: [email-masked] (Andrew Partan)
[Most recent change: 23 Oct 1990 by [email-masked] (Andrew Partan)]

Introduction
------------
There are a large number of regional hierarchies of newsgroups.
Most are very low volume.  The only high volume hierarchy is fj.*.

Where known, I have tried to list someone who *may* know more about the
hierarchy than I do.

Note that the "uunet" service carries most of these hierarchies.
Contact uunet!uunet-request for subscription details.

Also note -- the lists in this article are totally unofficial and
possibly incomplete or inaccurate.  I try to keep the lists up-to-date,
but make no guarantee that any of the information contained corresponds
with the named groups in any significant way.  Corrections and comments
should be mailed directly to me ([email-masked], uunet!asp).

This list is not for internal newsgroups that should not been seen
outside of your organization or university.  If any newsgroups are
listed here that should not be, please let me know & they will be
removed from the next posting of this list.

The following newsgroups have either changed or been added since the
last posting:

atl		dnet		gbg		nz		swnet
capdist		dtek		math		pnw		tor
chi		essug		mtl		rpi		triangle
cth		eunet		nordunet	scruz		utc
dk		fl		ny		sdnet		york

The following newsgroups have been deleted since the last posting:

<none>

This list contains the following hierarchies:

ab		dfw		ls		oc		swnet
al		dk		math		oh		tba
athena		dnet		mcnc		ok		tn
atl		dtek		melb		ont		tor
aus		duke		mhk		or		triangle
austin		edm		mi		ott		tx
ba		essug		milw		pa		uc
boulder		eunet		mit		pdx		uchi
bu		fj		mn		pgh		udel
ca		fl		mtl		pnw		uk
can		fnet		ncsc		princeton	ut
capdist		ga		ne		purdue		utc
chi		gbg		nj		rpi		utcs
chv		houston		nmsu		sac		uw
cle		hsv		no		sat		uwisc
co		kc		nordunet	scruz		va
csu		ks		nwu		sdnet		wi
cth		kw		ny		seattle		yale
cu		la		nz		stl		york
dc		lou		oau		sub

Ab
--
Newsgroups in Alberta, Canada.

ab.general		Items of general interest in Alberta, Canada.
ab.jobs			Jobs in Alberta, Canada.

Al
--
Newsgroups in Alabama, USA.

<no listed newsgroups.>

Athena
------
Newsgroups at Project Athena, MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA.  For more
information, you can try contacting S. Tucker <[email-masked]> or
[email-masked].

athena.forsale		Items for sale at MIT's Project Athena.
athena.housing		Housing at MIT's Project Athena.
athena.misc		Misc. at MIT's Project Athena.
athena.test		Testing at MIT's Project Athena.

Atl
---
Newsgroups in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

atl.general		Items of General interest in Atlanta, GA.
atl.jobs		Jobs in Atlanta, GA.
atl.olympics		The Olympics in Atlanta, GA.
atl.resumes		Resumes in Atlanta, GA.
atl.test		Testing in Atlanta, GA.

Aus
---
Newsgroups in Australia.  For more information, you can try contacting
Robert Elz <[email-masked]>.

aus.aarnet		[Australian]
aus.acsnet		Discussions of ACSnet (incl bug reports) [Australian]
aus.ai			AI discussions [Australian]
aus.archives		Descriptions of public access archives in Australia.
aus.auug		AUUG Inc - Australian Unix User Group [Australian]
aus.aviation		Planes, gliders, flying, etc. [Australian]
aus.bicycle		Push bikes [Australian]
aus.comms		Discussion about Academic Network Proposal [Australian]
aus.computers		Misc computer types [Australian]
aus.computers.amiga	Discussions about Commodore Amiga computers [Australian]
aus.computers.ibm-pc	Discussions about the IBM pc & clones [Australian]
aus.conserve		Conservation issues. [Australian]
aus.culture.china	China discussions. [Australian]
aus.films		Movies, Cinema, TV [Australian]
aus.flame		Abusive noise, posted by morons. [Australian]
aus.followup		Followups to aus.general & aus.wanted articles [Australian]
aus.footy		? [Australian]
aus.forsale		Announcements of items for sale. [Australian]
aus.fps			Fast Packet Switching [Australian]
aus.games		Discussions of games. [Australian]
aus.games.roleplay	Discussions of role playing games. [Australian]
aus.general		General information, announcements, etc [Australian]
aus.genstat		Genstat Stats Package [Australian]
aus.hi-fi		Hi-Fi/Stereo stuff [Australian]
aus.jobs		Jobs available & wanted [Australian]
aus.jokes		Jokes, humour, and boring trivia [Australian]
aus.jokes.d		Discussions of why that joke was no good [Australian]
aus.kermit		The KERMIT file transfer protocol [Australian]
aus.lp			Logic Programming [Australian]
aus.mac			The Apple Macintosh computer [Australian]
aus.mail		Mail systems, addressinc, &c [Australian]
aus.map			ACSnet maps (Moderated) [Australian]
aus.mbio		Molecular biology [Australian]
aus.music		Music and related issues. [Australian]
aus.netstatus		Status of local & international net links [Australian]
aus.news		The news system [Australian]
aus.parallel		Parallel processing [Australian]
aus.photo		[Australian]
aus.politics		Politics, debates, rational(?) arguments. [Australian]
aus.pyramid		Pyramid computers [Australian]
aus.radio		Amateur Radio [Australian]
aus.radio.amsat		Amateur satellite radio [Australian]
aus.religion		Discussions of, or related to, religions [Australian]
aus.scheme		Scheme [Australian]
aus.sf			Discussion of SF&F literature,media,fandom [Australian]
aus.sources		Sources [Australian]
aus.spearnet		South Pacific Educational & Research Net [Australian]
aus.sport		Sports. [Australian]
aus.stats.s		The S data analysis and graphics software [Australian]
aus.sun-works		Sun Workstations [Australian]
aus.tex			The TeX typesetting system [Australian]
aus.wanted		Requests for sources, information, ... [Australian]

Austin
------
Newsgroups in Austin, Texas, USA.  For more information, you can try
contacting Fletcher Mattox <[email-masked]>.

austin.followup		Followups for Austin, TX.
austin.forsale		Items for sale in Austin, TX.
austin.general		Items of general interest in Austin, TX.
austin.important	Important issues in Austin, TX.
austin.news		News in Austin, TX.
austin.talk		Talk in Austin, TX.

Ba
--
Newsgroups in the Bay Area of California, USA.  For more information,
you can try contacting Carl S. Gutekunst <[email-masked]>.

ba.announce		Announcements of general interest to all readers. (Moderated)
ba.food			Bay Area restaurants and eating places.
ba.general		Announcements of general interest to all readers.
ba.market.computers	For Sale/Wanted: Computers and software.
ba.market.housing	For Sale/Rent/Wanted: Housing, land, roommates.
ba.market.misc		For Sale/Wanted: Miscellaneous.
ba.market.vehicles	For Sale/Wanted: Autos, cycles, trucks, etc.
ba.motss		Newsgroup for Bay Area motss'ers.
ba.mountain-folk	Living in the hills and mountains around the Bay Area.
ba.music		Musical events in the Bay Area.
ba.news			Bay Area USENET statistical and information postings.
ba.news.config		Announcments and discussion of Bay Area connectivity.
ba.news.group		Meta-discussions about newsgroups in 'ba' distribution.
ba.news.stats		USENET statistics in the Bay Area.
ba.politics		Political topics of interest to Bay Area readers.
ba.seminars		Announcements of Bay Area seminars.
ba.singles		Local newsgroup for single people.
ba.sports		Discussion of sports in the Bay Area.
ba.test			Tests of 'ba' distribution. (Some sites autorespond.)
ba.transportation	Discussion of Bay Area transit/commute/driving issues.
ba.windows.x		X windows discussion/help.

Boulder
------
Newsgroups in Boulder, Colorado, USA.

boulder.general		Items of general interest to Boulder, CO.

Bu
------
Newsgroups at Boston University, Boston, MA.  For more information, you
can try contacting Leonard (Len) H. Tower Jr. <[email-masked]>.

<BU is not listing its news groups.>

Ca
--
Newsgroups in California, USA.

ca.driving		California freeways and backroads.
ca.earthquakes		What's shakin' in California.
ca.environment		Environmental concerns in California.
ca.general		Of general interest to readers in Calfornia only.
ca.news			USENET status and usage in California.
ca.news.group		Existing or proposed newsgroups for 'ca' distribution.
ca.politics		Political topics of interest to California readers only.
ca.test			Tests of 'ca' distribution articles.
ca.unix			Unix discussion/help.
ca.wanted		For Sale/Wanted postings throughout California.

Can
---
Newsgroups in Canada.

can.ai			Artificial intelligence in Canada.
can.francais		About the Francophone population (in French).
can.general		Items of general interest to Canadians.
can.jobs		Jobs in Canada.
can.politics		Canadian politics.
can.sun-stroke		Sun Microsystems Users in Canada.
can.usrgroup		Unix user group information in Canada.
can.uucp		Canadian uucp problems.

Capdist
-------
Newsgroups in the Capital District (Albany area) of New York, in New
York, USA.

capdist.admin		Administrative topics of capdist USENET.
capdist.announce	Announcements for the capdist area.
capdist.general		General topic postings for the NY capital district.
capdist.misc		Redundant with capdist.general.
capdist.seminars	Conferences and seminars in the local area.
capdist.test		For testing the capdist distribution.

Chi
---
Newsgroups in Chicago, Illinois, USA.  For more information, you can
try contacting Ron Heiby <[email-masked]>.

chi.ai			AI in Chicago.
chi.eats		Group for discussion of Chicagoland restaurants.
chi.general		General discussions, Chicago area, not forsale/wanted.
chi.mail		Discussion of Chicago area email issues.
chi.places		Group for announcements of Chicago area events.
chi.test		USENET testing in Chicago.
chi.wanted		Chicago area wanted and for-sale notices.
chi.weather		Chicago area weather.

Chv
---
Newsgroups in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA.

chv.general		For folks in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Cle
---
Newsgroups in Cleveland, Ohio, USA.  For more information, you can try
contacting Brandon Allbery.

cle.general		Items of general interest to Cleveland.

Co
--
Newsgroups in Colorado, USA.

co.general		Items of general interest to Colorado.
co.test			Testing in Colorado.

Csu
---
Newsgroups at Colorado State in Colorado, USA.  For more information,
you can try contacting [email-masked].

csu.acm			For student/local chapter of the ACM.
csu.cs			General CS department announcements.
csu.cs.grads		For computer science department grad students.
csu.cs.jobs		Jobs available in the CS department.
csu.cs.labops		Announcements for CS department lab operators.
csu.cs.systems		Announcements about CS systems/networks.
csu.cs.undergrad	For computer science department undergrads.
csu.general		General topics.
csu.lance		Engineering computer network topics.
csu.lance.ace		Department of agricultural/chemical engineering topics.
csu.lance.atmos		Department of atmospheric science topics.
csu.lance.ce		Department of civil engineering topics.
csu.lance.ee		Department of electrical engineering topics.
csu.lance.es		Department of engineering science topics.
csu.lance.graphics	Graphics topics within engineering.
csu.lance.ieee		For student/local chapter on the IEEE.
csu.lance.me		Department of mechanical engineering topics.
csu.lance.news		General engineering news.
csu.lance.talk		Extended discussions.
csu.lance.text		Text processing topics within engineering.
csu.test		Local testing.

Cth
---
Newsgroups at the Chalmers University of Technology, in Gothenburg,
Sweden.  For more information, you can try contacting
[email-masked].

cth.general		general
cth.test		test messages

Cu
--
Newsgroups at the University of Colorado at Boulder, in Boulder,
Colorado, USA.  For more information, you can try contacting
[email-masked].

cu.acm			Local/student chapter of the ACM
cu.applmath		Applied math announcements/discussion
cu.cs.clim		??
cu.cs.commonloops	CommonLoops users discussion
cu.cs.contest		CS department programming contest announcements
cu.cs.general		General CS department announcements/discussion
cu.cs.grads		CS department announcements for grad students
cu.cs.macl		MacLisp users discussion
cu.cs.ugrads		CS department announcements for undergrads
cu.diversity		??
cu.ece.grads		Engineering/Computer Engineering grad students
cu.general		General announcements and discussion
cu.hpai			??
cu.ics			??
cu.math			Math department announcements
cu.mcdb			??
cu.motif-talk		Discussion about the Motif environment
cu.netstat		Statistics from CU campus network
cu.nih.newsltr		??
cu.ocs			Optical Computing?
cu.slug			Sun Local User's Group
cu.test			Local testing
cu.users.dec		Local DEC hardware users discussion
cu.users.tex		Local TeX hardware users discussion
cu.users.ultrix		Local Ultrix software users discussion
cu.users.xwindows	Local X-windows software users discussion

Dc
--
Newsgroups in Washington DC, USA (and the general metro area around
Washington DC in Maryland and Virgina).

dc.dining		Dining in the Washington, DC area.
dc.forsale		Items for sale in the Washington, DC area.
dc.general		Items of general interest to the Washington, DC area.
dc.smithsonian		Smithsonian related events in the Washington, DC area.
dc.test			Testing in the Washington, DC area.

Dfw
---
Newsgroups in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, USA.  For more information, you
can try contacting Greg Hackney <[email-masked]> or Mark Linimon
<[email-masked]>.

dfw.eats		Dining in Dallas/Fort Worth.
dfw.flame		Flaming in Dallas/Fort Worth.
dfw.forsale		Items for sale in Dallas/Fort Worth.
dfw.general		Items of general interest in Dallas/Fort Worth.
dfw.news		USENET in Dallas/Fort Worth.
dfw.test		Testing in Dallas/Fort Worth.

Dk
---
Newsgroups in Denmark.

dk.foredrag		'foredrag' means lecture or presentation.
dk.general		gereral
dk.kurser.dcomp		courses in compurter communications??
dk.test			test messages

Dnet
----
Newsgroups in Germany, all in German.

dnet.and.sub.general	General information for dnet and subnet
dnet.atari		Atari computers
dnet.comp.pcs		PC computers
dnet.general		General information for dnet
dnet.graphik		Graphics (Moderated)
dnet.ham		Group for D.A.R.C. = "Deutscher Amateur Radio Club"
dnet.inet		Networking/Internet
dnet.mod-ki		Artificial intelligence (Moderated)
dnet.news		News/mail
dnet.test		USENET testing in dnet.
dnet.witze		Jokes

Dtek
---
Newsgroups at the Chalmers University of Technology, Computer
Technology, in Gothenburg, Sweden.  For more information, you can try
contacting [email-masked].

dtek.buggar		about found bugs
dtek.general		general
dtek.info		information
dtek.newsoft		new software
dtek.test		test messages

Duke
----
Newsgroups at Duke University, North Carolina, USA.  For more
information, you can try contacting Gregory G. Woodbury
<[email-masked]>.

duke.csdept		Computer Science Department
duke.general		Duke University General
duke.hacker		programming and hardware topics
duke.systems		system admin notices
duke.vlsi		VLSI topics

Edm
---
Newsgroups in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

edm.general		Items of general interest in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
edm.usrgrp		Unix Users Group in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Essug
-----
Newsgroups for the ESS User Group.

essug.copt		ESS User Group
essug.misc		ESS User Group
essug.telco		ESS User Group

Eunet
-----
Newsgroups in Europe.  For more information, you can try contacting
Piet Beertema <[email-masked]> or Daniel Karrenberg <[email-masked]>.

eunet.bugs.4bsd		Bug reports on 4.*bsd, limited (EUnet) "audience".
eunet.bugs.uucp		Bug reports on uucp, specifically EUUG uucp.
eunet.checkgroups	Only for central posting of checkgroups messages. (Moderated)
eunet.esprit		Discussion/info about Esprit projects.
eunet.esprit.eurochip	Esprit VLSI Design - Eurochip.
eunet.euug		EUUG-related topics, announcements, etc.
eunet.followup		Followup group for eunet.general.
eunet.general		General discussions.
eunet.jokes		Jokes only Europeans can (do?) understand... :-)
eunet.micro.acorn	Discussion about Acorn micros.
eunet.misc		For other discussions.
eunet.newprod		Announcements of new products of European interest.
eunet.news		Group for news topics, limited to EUnet.
eunet.news.group	Discussion on and proposals for new eunet newsgroups.
eunet.politics		(European) political discussions (and flames!).
eunet.sources		EUnet-wide (only!) group for posting sources.
eunet.test		EUnet-wide test group.
eunet.works		Workstations (specifically European) topics.

Fj
--
Newsgroups in Japan.  Most of the discussion in these newsgroups in
carried on in Kanji and you need a Kanji newsreader to be able to read
them.  For more information, you can try contacting
[email-masked].

fj.ai			Artificial intelligence discussions.
fj.announce		General announcements of interest to all. (Moderated)
fj.binaries.mac		Encoded Macintosh programs in binary.
fj.binaries.misc	Encoded programs in binary not covered elsewhere.
fj.binaries.msdos	Encoded MS-DOS programs in binary. (Moderated)
fj.binaries.msdos.d	Topics on softwares posted to fj.binary.msdos.
fj.books		Books of all genres, shapes, and sizes.
fj.comp.arch		Computer architecture.
fj.comp.comm		Discussion about software & hardware for communications.
fj.comp.image		Computer graphics, art, animation, image processing.
fj.comp.misc		General topics about computers not covered elsewhere.
fj.comp.music		Topics about computers and music.
fj.comp.oops		Object Oriented Programming, System, etc.
fj.comp.parallel	Discussion about parallel computing.
fj.comp.printers	Printers, hardware & software.
fj.comp.texhax		Discussion about TeXhax and delivery of mailing list.
fj.comp.text		Text processing issues and methods.
fj.editor.emacs		EMACS editors of different flavors.
fj.editor.misc		Talk about editors.
fj.editor.sse		Discussion about SSE (Simple Screen Editor).
fj.followup		Followups to articles in fj.general.
fj.forsale		Short, tasteful postings about items for sale.
fj.general		*Important* and timely announcements of interest to all.
fj.guide.admin		Junet guide for administrators. (Moderated)
fj.guide.general	Junet guide. Rules, Convention, etc. (Moderated)
fj.guide.newusers	Explanatory postings for new users. (Moderated)
fj.info-terms		All sorts of terminals.
fj.jokes		Joke and humor.
fj.junet		General discussion about JUNET itself.
fj.jus			Information about JUS.
fj.kanakan.misc		Discussion about kana-kanji henkan.
fj.kanakan.wnn		Discussion about Wnn kana-kanji henkan system.
fj.kanji		Discussion about Kanji.
fj.kermit		Discussion about kermit package.
fj.lan			Local area network hardware and software.
fj.lang.ada		Discussion about Ada*.
fj.lang.c		Discussion about C.
fj.lang.forth		Discussion about Forth.
fj.lang.lisp		Discussion about LISP.
fj.lang.misc		Different computer languages not specifically listed.
fj.lang.mod2		Discussion about Modula-2.
fj.lang.prolog		Discussion about PROLOG.
fj.lang.st80		Discussion about Smalltalk 80.
fj.lectures		Informative talks given to the news readers.
fj.mail			Proposed new mail/network standards.
fj.mail-lists.apollo	Apollo workstation mailing list. (Moderated)
fj.mail-lists.common-lisp	Common lisp mailing list from ARPA. (Moderated)
fj.mail-lists.connectionist	Connectionist mailing list. (Moderated)
fj.mail-lists.info-japan	Info-japan mailing list from ARPA. (Moderated)
fj.mail-lists.nihongo	Nihongo mailing list from ARPA. (Moderated)
fj.mail-lists.occam	Occam mailing list from ARPA. (Moderated)
fj.mail-lists.parallel	comp.parallel mailing list. (Moderated)
fj.mail-lists.reduce	Reduce mailing list. (Moderated)
fj.mail-lists.types	Types mailing list from ARPA. (Moderated)
fj.mail-lists.x-window	X window mailing list from ARPA. (Moderated)
fj.meetings		announce for conference, workshop, etc. Not-moderated.
fj.misc			Various discussions that there are no groups to match.
fj.net-people		Announcements, requests, etc. about people on the net.
fj.news.adm		Comments directed to news administrators.
fj.news.b		Discussion about B news software.
fj.news.config		Postings of system down times and configuration change.
fj.news.group		Discussions and lists of newsgroups.
fj.news.lists		News-related statistics and lists.
fj.news.map		Various maps, including UUCP maps.
fj.news.misc		Discussions of network news on JUNET itself.
fj.news.newsite		Postings of new site announcements.
fj.news.sa		Comments directed to system administrators.
fj.os.minix		Discussion about the MINIX operating system.
fj.os.misc		Discussion about operating systems not covered elsewhere.
fj.os.msdos		Discussion about the MSDOS operating system.
fj.os.os9		Discussion about the OS9 operating system.
fj.papers		Papers of all genres.
fj.ptt			Information about PTT.
fj.questions.junet	Questions especially about JUNET.
fj.questions.misc	Questions about miscellaneous subjects.
fj.questions.unix	Questions especially about UNIX.
fj.rec.aerospace	About aviation. Airplane, airsports,,,
fj.rec.animation	Discussion about animated movies.
fj.rec.autos		Automobiles, automotive products and laws.
fj.rec.av		High fidelity audio and video components.
fj.rec.baseball		Discussion about baseball.
fj.rec.bikes		Motorcycles and Bicycles, related products and laws.
fj.rec.comics		The funnies, old and new.
fj.rec.food		Food, wine, spirits, cooking, cookbooks, and recipes.
fj.rec.games		Discussion about games and computer games.
fj.rec.games.scores	Personal best scores of games and computer games.
fj.rec.ham		topics about ham radio.
fj.rec.idol		General topics about idol.
fj.rec.marine		Marine recreation. Diving, swimming, yachting,,,
fj.rec.misc		Recreational/participant topics not covered elsewhere.
fj.rec.movies		Reviews and discussions of movies.
fj.rec.music		Discussion about music.
fj.rec.music.classical	Talk around classical music.
fj.rec.music.progressive	Talk around Progressive rock.
fj.rec.mystery		Talk about mystery.
fj.rec.photo		Topics about cameras and photographs.
fj.rec.rail		Discussion about railway & railroad.
fj.rec.sf		Discussion about science fiction.
fj.rec.sports		Topics about sports.
fj.rec.sports.football	Talk around footballs.
fj.rec.sports.keiba	About horseracing.
fj.rec.sports.prowrestling	About prowrestling.
fj.rec.sports.ski	About skiing.
fj.rec.travel		Traveling all over the world.
fj.rec.tv		Talk about Television and its shows.
fj.sci.astro		Discussion about stars, planets and comets.
fj.sci.lang		Natural languages, communication, etc.
fj.sci.math		Mathematical discussions and pursuits.
fj.sci.misc		Discussions about sciences not covered elsewhere.
fj.soc.culture		Group about (japanese?) culture.
fj.soc.law		Topics on Low and right.
fj.soc.men-women	Fairness ,Right, etc. between women and men.
fj.soc.misc		Socially-oriented topics not covered elsewhere.
fj.soc.tech		Topics on society and technology .
fj.sources		For the posting of software packages & documentation.
fj.sources.d		For any discussion of source postings.
fj.sources.mac		Software for the Apple Macintosh.
fj.std			Discussion about various standards.
fj.sys.famicom		Discussion about Nintendo's Family Computer.
fj.sys.j3100		Discussion about TOSHIBA's J3100-family computers.
fj.sys.mac		Discussion about the Apple Macintosh & Lisa.
fj.sys.misc		Discussion about computers of all other kinds.
fj.sys.news		Discussion about SONY NEWS workstation.
fj.sys.pc98		Discussion about NEC's PC-9800 & other computers.
fj.sys.sun		Discussion about SUN workstation.
fj.sys.x68000		Discussion about Sharp's X-68000 & other computers.
fj.test			Testing all over JUNET. Very boring.
fj.unix			UNIX neophytes group.
fj.unix.wizards		Discussions, bug reports, and fixes on and for UNIX.
fj.wanted		Requests for things that are needed.
fj.windows.gmw		GMW window systems.
fj.windows.misc		miscellaneous window systems.
fj.windows.x		About X window systems.

Fl
--
Newsgroups in Florida, USA.  For more information you can try
contacting Andrew Mossberg <[email-masked]>.

fl.announce		Important announcements for everyone in Florida.
fl.attractions		Florida attractions and entertainment.
fl.comp			General computers in florida.
fl.comp.rep		Technical computer repair or modifications in Florida.
fl.general		General topics in Florida.
fl.jobs			The Florida job market.
fl.mail			Mail systems, routers, paths .. in Florida.
fl.map			Map entries for Florida sites. (Moderated)
fl.news			News problems and features in Florida.
fl.sources		Distribution of source code or documentation in Florida.
fl.test			Testing workspace in Florida.
fl.travel		Travel within Florida.
fl.uug			UNIX user groups within Florida.
fl.yumyum		Reviews and advice on restaurants in Florida.

Fnet
----
Newsgroups in France (?).

fnet.followup		Followups in France.
fnet.general		Items of general interest in France.
fnet.test		USENET testing in France.

Ga
--
Newsgroups in Georgia, USA.

ga.forsale		Items for sale in Georgia.
ga.general		Items of general interest in Georgia.
ga.test			Testing in Georgia.

Gbg
---
Newsgroups in Gothenburg, Sweden.  For more information, you can try
contacting [email-masked].

gbg.general		general

Houston
-------
Newsgroups in Houston, Texas, USA.  For more information, you can try
contacting Stan Barber <[email-masked]>.

houston.eats		Dining in Houston, TX.
houston.general		Items of general interest in Houston, TX.
houston.news		USENET in Houston, TX.
houston.personals	Personals for Houston, Texas.
houston.singles		Singles for Houston, Texas.
houston.wanted		Things wanted in Houston, TX.

Hsv
---
Newsgroups in Huntsville, Alabama, USA.

hsv.general		Items of general interest in Huntsville, Alabama.

Kc
--
Newsgroups in the Kansas City metro area, Kansas, USA.

kc.misc			Misc. postings in Kansas City.
kc.test			USENET testing in Kansas City.

Ks
--
Newsgroups in Kansas, USA.

ks.admin		Administration in Kansas.
ks.misc			Misc postings in Kansas.

Kw
--
Newsgroups in Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

kw.bb.sale		Things for sale
kw.birthdays		Happy birthday
kw.cpsr			KW branch of Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility
kw.eats			Restaurant reviews
kw.forsale		Things for sale
kw.fun			Fun stuff
kw.general		General information in Kitchener-Waterloo
kw.housing		Rooms for rent
kw.jobs			Job postings
kw.micro		Microcomputer discussion
kw.microvax		DEC microvax users
kw.movies		Film reviews
kw.theatre		Theatre reviews, etc
kw.uucp			Local uucp problems

La
--
Newsgroups in Los Angeles, California, USA.

la.eats			Dining in Los Angeles, CA.
la.general		Items of general interest in Los Angeles, CA.
la.news			USENET in Los Angeles, CA.
la.seminars		Seminars in Los Angeles, CA.
la.slug			Los Angeles Sun Lover's User Group.
la.test			Testing in Los Angeles, CA.

Lou
---
Newsgroups in Louisiana, USA.

lou.general		Items of general interest in Louisiana.
lou.sun			Suns in Louisiana.

Ls
--
Newsgroups in some unknown place.

ls.amnesty		Amnesty International?? in ??
ls.olnews		?? in ??
ls.ussr			Postings on the Soviet Union???

Math
---
Newsgroups at the Chalmers University of Technology, Math Department,
in Gothenburg, Sweden.  For more information, you can try contacting
[email-masked].

math.general		general
math.news		about news (math is a central nntpserver on cth)

Mcnc
----
Newsgroups at the MicroElectronics Center of North Carolina, USA.  For
more information, you can try contacting Gregory G. Woodbury
<[email-masked]>.

mcnc.cad		??
mcnc.convex		??
mcnc.dcom		??
mcnc.general		general notes at MCNC.
mcnc.ncsulab		??
mcnc.programmers	??
mcnc.srt		??
mcnc.staff		notes to the staff at MCNC.
mcnc.systems		system admin notices at MCNC.
mcnc.talks		Seminars at MCNC.
mcnc.teleclass		??
mcnc.test		??
mcnc.text		??
mcnc.video		Programming announcements for MCNC Video Network.

Melb
----
Newsgroups in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

melb.general		Items of general interest in Melbourne.
melb.seminars		Seminar announcements in Melbourne.

Mhk
---
Newsgroups in Manhattan, Kansas, USA.

mhk.forsale		Items for sale.
mhk.talk.drivel		Trivia, flames, drivel.
mhk.talk.misc		Miscellaneous.
mhk.test		Test messages.

Mi
--
Newsgroups in Michigan, USA.  For more information, you can try
contacting Steve Simmons <[email-masked]>.

mi.map			USENET maps in Michigan.
mi.misc			Catchall for Michigan.
mi.news			USENET news and mail discussions.
mi.sun			Suns Microsystems products in Michigan.
mi.wanted		Jobs and products, wanted and offered.

Milw
----
Newsgroups in Milwaukee, Wisconsion, USA.

milw.general		Items of general interest in Milwaukee.

MIT
---
Newsgroups at MIT, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.  For more
information, you can try contacting Nick Papadakis <[email-masked]>.

mit.bboard		MIT's Bulletin Board.
mit.test		For mit.all test USENET news messages. Boring.

Mn
--
Newsgroups in Minnesota, USA.

mn.archive		Archive sites in Minnesota.
mn.general		Items of general interest to Minnesota.
mn.map			Minnesota uucp map postings. (Moderated)
mn.sources		Minnesota program sources.
mn.test			Testing in Minnesota.
mn.traffic		Minnesota USENET traffic statistics.

Mtl
---
Newsgroups in Montreal, Canada.

mtl.general		General stuff in Montreal.
mtl.test		USENET Testing in Montreal.

Ncsc
----
Newsgroups at the North Carolina Supercomputing Center.  For more
information, you can try contacting Gregory G. Woodbury
<[email-masked]>.

ncsc.chemistry		??
ncsc.general		NC Supercomputing general topics.
ncsc.training		??

Ne
--
Newsgroups in the New England area of the USA.  For more information,
you can try contacting Leonard (Len) H. Tower Jr. <[email-masked]>.

ne.food			New England food and restaurant reviews.
ne.forsale		Short postings on items for sale in New England.
ne.general		New England general stuff.
ne.housing		Short postings on housing wanted or available in NE.
ne.jobs			New England job listings.
ne.nearnet.general	Discuss the New England Academic and Research Network.
ne.nearnet.tech		Technical operation and future of NEARnet.
ne.news			New England news (USENET) administration.
ne.org.decus		CRIMLUG discussion, the Southern NE Decus group.
ne.politics		Discussio of NE political issues.
ne.seminars		New England upcoming talks, seminars, etc.
ne.wanted		New England want-ads.

Nj
--
Newsgroups in New Jersey, USA.

nj.events		Events in New Jersey.
nj.followup		Followups to items of general interest in New Jersey.
nj.forsale		Items for sale in New Jersey.
nj.general		Items of general interest in New Jersey.
nj.housing		Housing in New Jersey.
nj.test			USENET Testing in New Jersey.
nj.wanted		New Jersey want ads.
nj.weather		Weather in New Jersey.

Nmsu
----
Newsgroups at New Mexico State University, in New Mexico, USA.

nmsu.cc.general		computer center general announcements
nmsu.cc.test		computer center test
nmsu.crl.general	computing research laboratory announcements
nmsu.crl.ksg		knowledge systems group in crl at nmsu
nmsu.crl.nlp		natural language processing group in crl at nmsu
nmsu.crl.test		crl test group
nmsu.cs.ACM		the acm student organization announcement group
nmsu.cs.general		general cs department announcements
nmsu.cs.system		cs department system announcements for uptime, etc.
nmsu.forsale		for sale at nmsu
nmsu.general		general announcements of interest at nmsu
nmsu.unix.questions	the novice's home for unix questioning

No
--
Newsgroups in Norway, mostly in Norwegian.  For more information, you
can try contacting Bjorn Larsen <[email-masked]>.

no.c			Discussion of the C programming language.
no.general		Items of general interest in Norway.
no.kjemi		Chemistry.
no.net			Discussion of network related things.
no.nuug			Forum for the Norwegian Unix Users Group.
no.sources.list		Announcements of new, available software.
no.sources.wanted	Requests for software.
no.test			Testing the Norwegian News network.
no.unix			Discussion of the UNIX operating system.
no.x			Discussions of the X Window System from MIT.

Nordunet
--------
Newsgroups for the Nordic University Net (Universities in Sweden,
Norway, Denmark, Finland, and possible Iceland?).  For more
information, you can try contacting [email-masked].

nordunet.apple-ip	??
nordunet.doc		documentation??
nordunet.ds		??
nordunet.followup	followups
nordunet.general	general
nordunet.ietf		??
nordunet.nucc		Nordic Universities Computer Clubs
nordunet.sources	sourcecode
nordunet.sources.list	list of ditto

Nwu
---
Newsgroups in some unknown place.  This may be Northwestern University
in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

nwu.general		Items of general interest in ??.

Ny
--
Newsgroups in New York, USA (for all of New York state - not just the
City).

ny.config		Discussions of NY, non-nysernet, network matters.
ny.forsale		Things for sale in NY.
ny.general		NY State regional sub network - General Stuff.
ny.nysernet		Discussions about NY State Educ. Research Network.
ny.nysernet.maps	Various NYSERNET maps.
ny.nysernet.nysertech	Technical discussions about NYSERNET.
ny.politics		Politics in New York.
ny.test			USENET news testing in New York.
ny.wanted		New York want ads.

Nz
--
Newsgroups in New Zealand.  For more information, you can try
contacting Mark Davies <[email-masked]>.

nz.archives		Announcements of available software.
nz.arts			Discussion on the Arts.
nz.comp			Computing and computers.
nz.general		General information, announcements, etc
nz.molbio		Molecular Biology.
nz.netstatus		Status of local & international net links
nz.rec			Recreation.
nz.soc			Social issues.
nz.soc.green		Environmental issues.
nz.wanted		Requests for sources, information, ...

Oau
---
Newsgroups in Orlando, Florida, USA.

oau.news		Orlando FL news

Oc
--
Newsgroups in Orange County, California, USA.

oc.acm			Orange County, CA ACM related information.
oc.general		Items of general interest in Orange County, CA.
oc.test			Testing in Orange County, CA.

Oh
--
Newsgroups in Ohio, USA.

oh.general		Items of general interest in Ohio, USA.

Ok
--
Newsgroups in Oklahoma, USA.  For more information, you can try
contacting Mark Lawrence <[email-masked]>.

ok.general		Items of general interest in Oklahoma, USA.

Ont
---
Newsgroups in Ontario, Canada.

ont.archives		Archives in Ontario, Canada.
ont.events		Ontario, Canada happenings.
ont.followup		Followups in Ontario, Canada.
ont.general		Items of general interest in Ontario, Canada.
ont.jobs		Jobs in Ontario, Canada.
ont.micro		Microcomputer related postings in Ontario, Canada.
ont.sf-lovers		Science Fiction Lovers in Ontario, Canada.
ont.singles		Singles in Ontario, Canada.
ont.test		Testing in Ontario, Canada.
ont.uucp		UUCP related postings in Ontario, Canada.

Or
--
Newsgroups in Oregon, USA.

or.forsale		Oregon want ads.
or.general		Items of general interest in Oregon.
or.test			Testing in Oregon.

Ott
---
Newsgroups in Ottawa, Canada.

ott.general		Items of general interest in Ottawa, Canada.
ott.events		Events in Ottawa, Canada.

Pa
--
Newsgroups in Pennsylvania, USA.  For more information, you can try
contacting Mark Weber <[email-masked]> or <gvlv2!markw>.
 
pa.config		USENET configuration for Pennsylvania
pa.forsale		Items for sale in Pennsylvania.
pa.general		Items of general interest in Pennsylvania.
pa.test			USENET testing in Pennsylvania.
pa.wanted		Items wanted in Pennsylvania.

Pdx
---
Newsgroups in Portland, Oregon, USA.  For more information, you can try
contacting Jeff Beadles <[email-masked]> or Doug Grant
<anicon!doug>.

pdx.books		Information about various books.
pdx.computing		Computing information.
pdx.forsale		Stuff for sale.
pdx.games		Talk about games.
pdx.general		General discissions
pdx.golf		Talk regarding golf.
pdx.movies		Talk regarding movies.
pdx.music		Talk regarding music.
pdx.online		On-line information. (BBS's, Usenet access, etc.)
pdx.running		Running information.
pdx.singles		Singles information.
pdx.slug		Sun Users group.
pdx.soc			Social events in Portland, Or.
pdx.telecom		Issues regarding telecommunications.
pdx.test		Tests.
pdx.utek		Discissions regarding UTek, the Tektronix implimention of Unix.

Pgh
---
Newsgroups in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.

pgh.general		Items of general interest in Pittsburgh.
pgh.test		Testing in Pittsburgh.
pgh.food		Food in Pittsburgh.

Pnw
---
Newsgroups in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon/Washington, USA.  For more
information, you can try contacting Jeff Beadles <[email-masked]>.

pnw.forsale		Things for sale.
pnw.general		General information.
pnw.news		General news issues.
pnw.sys.sun		Sun users.
pnw.test		Your vanilla test group.

Princeton
---------
Newsgroups at Princeton University, in New Jersey, USA.  For more
information, you can try contacting [email-masked].

princeton.general	Items of general interest to Princeton.

Purdue
------
Newsgroups at Purdue University.  For more information, you can try
contacting [email-masked], [email-masked], and/or
[email-masked].

purdue.arpa-bboard	Items forwarded from the Arpanet bboards.
purdue.cc.amiga		Amiga computer discussion
purdue.cc.consult	For the PUCC consulting staff.
purdue.cc.consult.subs	Substitutions requests, etc. for PUCC consultants.
purdue.cc.eta		Announcement about the ETA-10P at PUCC
purdue.cc.general	Items of interest for all PUCC hosts.
purdue.cc.info-205	Discussion and information about the CDC Cyber 205.
purdue.cc.log.hardware	PUCC hardware changes
purdue.cc.log.unix	Logging of Unix system and program changes at PUCC
purdue.cc.log.vm	IBM system software changes at PUCC
purdue.cc.log.vsos	Cyber 205 software changes at PUCC
purdue.cc.log.wkst	Workstation lab software and hardware log at PUCC
purdue.cc.news		Announcements of system and program changes at PUCC.
purdue.cc.newsletter	Electronic publication of the PUCC newsletter (Moderate
d)
purdue.cc.pclrc		PUCC Personal Computer Learning Resource Center.
purdue.cc.s		Discussion about the "S" statistical analysis system
purdue.cc.suggest	Responses to suggestions and comments. (Moderated)
purdue.cc.test		Testing PUCC connections.
purdue.cc.tex		Discussion and information about the TeX system
purdue.cs		Items of interest to all CS hosts.
purdue.cs.acm		Association for Computing Machinery
purdue.cs.bboard	CS department bulletin board.
purdue.cs.news		Announcements of system and program changes at CS.
purdue.cs.seminar	Announcements of seminars and colloquia at CS.
purdue.cs.test		Testing CS connections.
purdue.dov		Information on Data-Over-Voice technology
purdue.ecn.aae		Aero department announcements.
purdue.ecn.asce		American Society of Civil Engineers
purdue.ecn.general	Items of interest to all ECN hosts.
purdue.ecn.news		Logging of Unix system and program changes.
purdue.ecn.seminar	Announcements of seminars and colloquia in engineering.
purdue.ecn.test		ECN news connection testing.
purdue.forsale		Advertisements for items for sale
purdue.framemaker	Discussion of FrameMaker software
purdue.general		Items of interest for all Purdue sites.
purdue.networks		Information and discussion about networking issues.
purdue.news		Announcements of system and program changes at Purdue.
purdue.next		Discussions and information about NeXT computers.
purdue.psych		Psychology department announcements
purdue.seminar		Purdue area seminar and colliquia announcements.
purdue.test		Testing Purdue connections.
purdue.unix 		Questions and answers about unix systems.
purdue.windows		General discussion of windowing systems
purdue.windows.news	Discussion of the NEWS windowing system
purdue.windows.sun	Discussion of the Sun windowing system
purdue.windows.x	Discussion of the X windowing system

Rpi
---
Newsgroups at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, in Troy, New York,
USA.  For more information, you can try contacting David C Lawrence
<[email-masked]>.

rpi.acm			RPI Chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery
rpi.announce		RPI Announcements of general interest
rpi.arts.animation	??
rpi.beta-test.nim	Discussion and reports of NIM Version 4
rpi.courses.ai		Material related to the Introduction to AI course.
rpi.courses.compiler-design	CS compiler design course.
rpi.cs			RPI Computer Science Dept.
rpi.cs.grads		For graduates in CS.
rpi.cs.lab		Announcements about software/hardware changes.
rpi.cs.labcom		The CS lab committee.
rpi.culture.indian	??
rpi.ecs			RPI Engineering Computing Systems Dept.
rpi.email		Electronic Mail at Rensselaer.
rpi.forsale		Items wanted and offered around campus.
rpi.general		General RPI-wide discussions.
rpi.gnu			GNU software at RPI.
rpi.its			Information Technology Services.
rpi.net-eng		The Network Engineering Task Force.
rpi.net-eng.announce	Annoucements from the NETF.
rpi.news		USENET News at RPI.
rpi.rdrc		Rensselaer Development Research Center.
rpi.rumor		Thoughts and Ideas about the future and present.
rpi.suns		Sun computers on campus.
rpi.talk		General social discussion.
rpi.test		For testing USENET.
rpi.text.tex		The TeX text processing language.
rpi.windows.x		X Window System on Rensselaer machines.

Sac
---
Newsgroups in Sacramento, CA, USA.  For more information, you can try
contacting Eric NiHill <[email-masked]>.

sac.general		General talk group.
sac.swap		Sacramento For-Sale group.
sac.test		Test Posting Group.

Sat
---
Newsgroups in San Antonio, Texas, USA.  For more information, you can
try contacting Bruce Andreen <petro!bruce>.

sat.announce		General announcements of interest in San Antonio.
sat.general		Items of general interest in San Antonio.
sat.misc		Miscellaneous postings in San Antonio.
sat.sources		Sources in San Antonio.
sat.test		Testing in San Antonio.

Scruz
-----
Newsgroups in Santa Cruz, California, USA.

scruz.events		Events in Santa Cruz.
scruz.general		Items of general interest in Santa Cruz, California.

Sdnet
-----
Newsgroups in San Diego, California, USA.

sdnet.cerfnet		CerfNet issues in San Diego, California.
sdnet.forsale		Things for sale in San Diego, California.
sdnet.general		Items of general interest in San Diego, California.
sdnet.jobs		Jobs in San Diego, California.
sdnet.talks		Talks in San Diego, California.
sdnet.test		USENET Testing in San Diego.
sdnet.wanted		Items wanted in San Diego, California.

Seattle
-------
Newsgroups in Seattle, Washington, USA.

seattle.general		Items of general interest in Seattle, Washington

Stl
---
Newsgroups in St. Louis, Missouri, USA.

stl.general		General interest items for St. Louis sites.
stl.jobs		St. Louis job information.
stl.news		St. Louis USENET information.
stl.rec			St. Louis recreational information.
stl.test		Testing in St. Louis.

Sub
---
Newsgroups in Germany, all in German.  For more information, you can
try contacting Matthias Urlichs <[email-masked]>.

sub.boerse		Infos zu & Diskussion ueber Geld & Anlagen.
sub.config		SUB-Net Konfiguration: Neue Gruppen, neue Sites, etc.
sub.config.lists	Fuer Statistiken (Moderated)
sub.config.maps		Mapdaten fuer Pathalias (Moderated)
sub.databases		Diskussion ueber Datenbanken
sub.games		Spiele
sub.gateways		News- und Mail-Gateways zu anderen Netzen.
sub.general		Allgemeine Themen, insbesondere zum SUB-Netz
sub.gnu			Diskussion ueber GNU's Not Unix-Software.
sub.kultur		Kulturelle Themen
sub.mag.chalisti	Chalisti-Magazin (Moderated)
sub.mag.chalisti.d	Diskussion ueber Artikel in der Chalisti.
sub.mail		Adressierungs- und andere Mailprobleme.
sub.market		Angebote/Gesuche
sub.misc		Alles, was woanders nicht hinpasst
sub.newusers		Infos und periodische Postings fuer neue User. (Moderated)
sub.org.auge		Mitteilungen des AUGE e.V.
sub.org.ccc		Mitteilungen des CCC e.V.
sub.org.sub		Fuer Mitteilungen des sub-Netz e.V. (Moderated)
sub.os.minix		Minix-Betriebssystem
sub.os.misc		Diverse Betriebssysteme (z.B. MVS, RTOS)
sub.os.os9		OS-9/68000
sub.os.unix		Fragen&Antworten zu Unix-Systemen (nicht Xenix).
sub.os.vms		VAX/VMS
sub.os.xenix		Fragen&Antworten zu Xenix-Systemen.
sub.politik		Politische Diskussionen
sub.security		Diskussion sicherheitsrelevanter Thenem
sub.sex			Dreimal duerft ihr raten...
sub.sources.amiga	Programme fuer den Amiga (Moderated)
sub.sources.d		Sources-Diskussion, auch fuer Anfragen nach Software
sub.sources.misc	Programme fuer MS-DOS, TOS, VMS etc. (Moderated)
sub.sources.os9		Programme fuer OS-9/68000 (Moderated)
sub.sources.st		Programme fuer den Atari ST (Moderated)
sub.sources.unix	Programme fuer UNIX/XENIX (Moderated)
sub.studium		Diskussion Studium, Studienbedingungen usw
sub.sys.amiga		Commodore Amiga
sub.sys.apple		Apple II/Macintosh
sub.sys.ibm		IBMs und kompatible
sub.sys.misc		diverse Systeme
sub.sys.st		Atari ST
sub.test		Fuer Superschachteln und andere wichtige Tests
sub.tex			Diskussion um und Codeschnipsel fuer TeX.
sub.umwelt		Infos zu und sachliche Diskussion ueber Umweltfragen.

Swnet
-----
Newsgroups for the SUNET (Swedish University Net, subdivision of
NORDUNET).  For more information, you can try contacting
[email-masked].

swnet.conferences	about conferences
swnet.followup		followups
swnet.general		general
swnet.info-gnu		??
swnet.jobs		help wanted :-)
swnet.lans		??
swnet.lans.novell	??
swnet.mail		mail admin
swnet.mail.map		mail map??
swnet.politik		Bitching about taxes
swnet.pryltorg		(misc for sale)
swnet.snus		probably bogus (snus is tobacco that is chewed YUCC!)
swnet.sources		source code
swnet.sources.list	list of ditto
swnet.sunet-info	info about SUNET
swnet.sys.amiga		for those who have an amiga
swnet.sys.dec		or dec
swnet.sys.dnix		or ?? (unix clone??)
swnet.sys.hp		or hp
swnet.sys.ibm.pc	or IBM PC
swnet.sys.mac		or Mackintosh
swnet.sys.ncr		or ??
swnet.sys.pyramid	or ??
swnet.sys.sun		or Sun
swnet.test		test messages
swnet.unix		unix in general
swnet.wanted		wanted ads.

Tba
---
Newsgroups in the Tampa Bay Area of Florida, USA.

tba			General
tba.tuug		Tampa UNIX Users Group

Tn
--
Newsgroups in Tennessee, USA.

tn.flame		Flames in Tennessee.
tn.msdos		Discussion of DOS related issues in Tennessee.
tn.talk			Talk in Tennessee.
tn.test			USENET Testing in Tennessee.
tn.unix			Discussion of issues related to unix in Tennessee.

Tor
---
Newsgroups in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

tor.general		Items of general interest in Toronto, Canada.
tor.jobs		Jobs in Toronto.
tor.news		USENET in Toronto, Canada.
tor.news.stats		USENET Statistics in Toronto, Canada.
tor.test		Testing in Toronto, Canada.

Triangle
--------
Newsgroups at Research Triangle in North Carolina, USA (defacto all of
North Carolina).  For more information, you can try contacting Gregory
G. Woodbury <[email-masked]>.

triangle.csnet		??
triangle.forsale	NC Want ads
triangle.general	general discussion in NC
triangle.graphics	NC Chapter of Natl Computer Graphics Assn
triangle.jobs		Jobs offered and wanted in NC
triangle.libsci		Notes of interest to libraries in NC
triangle.misc		miscellanea in NC (more active than general)
triangle.sun		reposts of Sun-Spots digest and SLUG in NC
triangle.systems	NC system admin notices
triangle.talks		Seminars and conferences notices in NC
triangle.test		local test group in NC
triangle.vlsi		??
triangle.wizards	local Cybermancers and friends in NC

Tx
--
Newsgroups in Texas, USA.  For more information, you can try contacting
Greg Hackney <[email-masked]> or Fletcher Mattox
<[email-masked]>.

tx.flame		Texas flames.
tx.followup		Followups in Texas.
tx.general		Items of general interest in Texas.
tx.jobs			Jobs in Texas.
tx.news			USENET in Texas.
tx.politics		Politics in Texas.
tx.test			Testing in Texas.
tx.wanted		Texas want ads.

Uc
--
Newsgroups at the University of California, in California, USA.

uc.general		Items of general interest at the University of California.
uc.motss		Issues pertaining to homosexuality at Univ of California.
uc.news			University of California news.
uc.test			Testing for University of California.

Uchi
----
Newsgroups at the University of Chicago, in Chicago, USA.  For more
information, you can try contacting Ellen Keyne Seebacher
<[email-masked]>.

uchi.ai			Artificial intelligence at the University of Chicago.
uchi.cogsci		Cognitive science at the University of Chicago.
uchi.cs-news..		Computer science newsgroups at the University of Chicago.
uchi.emacs		Emacs discussions at the University of Chicago.
uchi.general		Items of general interest at the University of Chicago.
uchi.jobs		Jobs newsgroups (discussion, ads, resumes) at the University of Chicago.
uchi.mac		Macintosh discussions at the University of Chicago.
uchi.sun		SUN computers of all types at the University of Chicago.
uchi.supercomputing	Supercomputing discussions at the University of Chicago.
uchi.talks		Visiting lecturers at the University of Chicago.
uchi.test		Test postings at the University of Chicago.
uchi.tex		TeX discussions at the University of Chicago.

Udel
____
Newsgroups at the University of Delaware, in Delaware, USA.

udel.mlists		Mailing lists from udel.

Uk
--
Newsgroups in the United Kingdom.  For more information, you can try
contacting [email-masked].

uk.announce		Announcements of UK wide interest.
uk.eng			Engineering issues.
uk.eng.apps		Engineering applications issues (esp. SERC EASE).
uk.events		Forthcoming events (conferences etc).
uk.ikbs			Discussion of Intelligent Knowledge Based Systems.
uk.jobs			Situations vacant and wanted.
uk.lisp			Discussion of LISP; especially the draft standard.
uk.misc			General interest to everyone on UKnet.
uk.net			Used by UKnet maintainers.
uk.news			Discussion of the UKnet news network.
uk.news.group		Discussion of new/changed newsgroups.
uk.news.map		UKnet maps
uk.politics		UK political discussion.
uk.sources		UK wide group for sources/reposts/requests.
uk.support		Used by UKnet support people (esp. UKUUCP).
uk.test			UK wide tests.
uk.wic			Discussion of Women in Computing.
uk.yb-users		York Box Users Fan Club.

Ut
----
Newsgroups at the University of Texas, in Texas, USA.  For more
information, you can try contacting Fletcher Mattox
<[email-masked]>.  (Note: there is a namespace collision with
ut.* at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario, Canada).

ut.ai			Artificial intelligence at UTexas.
ut.bizarre		Bizarre happenings at UTexas.
ut.flame		Flames at UTexas.
ut.followup		Followups to ut.general.
ut.general		Items of general interest at UTexas.
ut.jobs			Job offerings and jobs wanted at UTexas.
ut.stardate		Stardates from MacDonald Observatory.
ut.test			Test postings at UTexas.
ut.text			Text processing at UTexas.

Ut
--
Newsgroups at University of Toronto, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
(Note: there is a namespace collision with ut.* at the University of
Texas, in Texas, USA).

ut.16k			Discussions on the National Semi 16000 series CPU.
ut.chinese		University of Toronto Chinese community.
ut.dcs.ai		Artificial Intelligence at the University of Toronto.
ut.dcs.cscw		Computer Supported Cooperative Work.
ut.dcs.dbois		Data Base / Office Information Systems.
ut.dcs.general		General messages from UofT Dept. of Computer Science.
ut.dcs.gradnews		Info for Graduates.
ut.dcs.graphics		Graphics.
ut.dcs.hci		Human-Computer Interaction.
ut.dcs.na		Numerical Analysis.
ut.dcs.seminars		Seminars.
ut.dcs.systems		Systems.
ut.dcs.theory		Theory.
ut.ee			Electrical Engineering.
ut.ee.ieee		IEEE in EE.
ut.general		General messages.
ut.software.tex		Use of TeX at University of Toronto.
ut.software.x-windows	Three guesses.
ut.supercomputer	Pray for the Cray.
ut.test 		Test messages.
ut.unix.sysadmin	System Administration of Unix sites at U. of Toronto.
ut.unix.user		Information for Unix users.
ut.vlsi			Big Iron.

Utc
---
Newsgroups at the Computer Centre that serves Electical Engineering and
some other departments at the Chalmers University of Technology, in
Gothenburg, Sweden.  For more information, you can try contacting
[email-masked].

utc.info		what's up on utc.

Utcs
----
Newsgroups at the University of Texas, Computer Science Department, in
Texas, USA.  For more information, you can try contacting Fletcher
Mattox <[email-masked]>.

utcs.general		Items of general interest to UTexas CS Dept.
utcs.grad		Graduate student forum at UTexas CS Dept.
utcs.graphics		Computer graphics at UTexas CS Dept.
utcs.jobs		Job announcements at UTexas CS Dept.
utcs.lispm		Lisp users mail list at UTexas CS Dept.
utcs.projects		Research projects at UTexas CS Dept.
utcs.talks		Announcement of seminars and talks at UTexas CS Dept.
utcs.techreports	Technical reports maintained by UTexas CS Dept.
utcs.upe		UPE honor society at UTexas CS Dept.

Uw
--
Newsgroups at the University of Waterloo, in Waterloo, Ontario,
Canada.  (Note: there are namespace collisions with uw.* at the
University of Warwick in the UK, and with uw.* the University of
Washington in Washington, USA.)

uw.ai.learning		AI stuff
uw.asplos		???
uw.assignments		for assignment coordination
uw.ccng.general		Computer Communications Network Group
uw.ccng.system		Computer Communications Network Group
uw.cgl			Computer Graphics Lab
uw.cgl.software		Computer Graphics Lab
uw.cgl.system		Computer Graphics Lab
uw.cray			nobody uses Crays here, do they?
uw.cs.dept		Computer Science
uw.cs.eee		Computer Science / Electrical Engineering
uw.cs.faculty		Computer Science
uw.cs.general		Computer Science
uw.cs.grad		Computer Science
uw.cs.grad.topics	Computer Science
uw.cs.ugrad		Computer Science
uw.csc			Computer Science Club
uw.dcs.courses		Computing Services
uw.dcs.news		Computing Services
uw.dcs.suggestions	Computing Services
uw.dcs.watshine		???
uw.dsgroup		Data Structures
uw.dsgroup.misc		Data Structures
uw.ee.grad		Electrical Engineering
uw.fass			FASS
uw.forsale		Items forsale.
uw.general		whatever
uw.gnu			For GNU at WATERLU
uw.harmony		Harmony OS
uw.icr			Institute for Computer Research
uw.icr.forum		Institute for Computer Research
uw.icr.hardware		Institute for Computer Research
uw.image-proc		Image Processing
uw.imprint		Imprint, UW student newspaper
uw.jsaw			For Japanese Student Association of Waterloo
uw.kin			Kinesiology
uw.lang			languages
uw.laurel		Laurel OS
uw.library		Library
uw.logic		logic programming
uw.lpaig		Linear Programming & Artificial Intelligence Group
uw.lpaig.changes	Linear Programming & Artificial Intelligence Group
uw.lpaig.system		Linear Programming & Artificial Intelligence Group
uw.mail-list.csnet-forum	mailing list
uw.mail-list.fractals	mailing list
uw.mail-list.sun-managers	mailing list
uw.maple		Maple symbolic math software
uw.math.faculty		Math Faculty
uw.math.grad		Math Faculty
uw.mech.system		Mechanical Engineering
uw.mfcf.bugs		Math Faculty Computing Facility
uw.mfcf.gripe		Math Faculty Computing Facility
uw.mfcf.hardware	Math Faculty Computing Facility
uw.mfcf.people		Math Faculty Computing Facility
uw.mfcf.software	Math Faculty Computing Facility
uw.mfcf.suggestions	Math Faculty Computing Facility
uw.mfcf.system		Math Faculty Computing Facility
uw.mfcf.todo		Math Faculty Computing Facility
uw.minos		MINOS project
uw.msg			Multiprocessor Systems Group
uw.network		???
uw.os.research		OS research
uw.pami			Pattern Analysis & Machine Intelligence
uw.pami.bsd		Pattern Analysis & Machine Intelligence
uw.pami.gripe		Pattern Analysis & Machine Intelligence
uw.pami.system		Pattern Analysis & Machine Intelligence
uw.scicom		Scientific Computing
uw.sd.grad		Systems Design
uw.shoshin		Shoshin project
uw.shoshin.changes	Shoshin project
uw.shoshin.system	Shoshin project
uw.stats		Statistics department
uw.sun-owners		for people who have Suns
uw.sylvan		Sylvan project
uw.sylvan.os		Sylvan project
uw.sys.amiga		for people with Amigas
uw.sys.apollo		for people with Apollos
uw.sys.atari		for people with Ataris
uw.sytek		Sytek communication system
uw.talks		upcoming seminars
uw.test			testing
uw.tex			TEX text formatting
uw.ucc.fortrade		University Computing Committee
uw.unix			arguments about Unix
uw.usystem		u-kernel and u-system
uw.vlsi			VLSI group
uw.vlsi.software	VLSI group
uw.vlsi.system		VLSI group
uw.vms			people who have to use VMS
uw.watserv1		watserv1 users
uw.watshine		watshine users
uw.x-hints		how to use X windows
uw.x-windows		how to use X windows

Uwisc
-----
Newsgroups at University of Wisconsin--Madison, Madison, Wisconsin,
USA.

uwisc.forum		Discussion forum at UW-Madison.
uwisc.general		Items of general interest at UW-Madison.
uwisc.macintosh		Discussions about the Apple Macintosh at UW-Madison.
uwisc.sequent		Discussions about the Sequent Symmetry at UW-Madison.
uwisc.software-changes	Announcements of software changes at UW-Madison.
uwisc.tex		Discussions about the TeX text formatter at UW-Madison.
uwisc.unixpc		Discussions about the AT&T UNIX PC at UW-Madison.

Va
--
Newsgroups in Virginia, USA.

va.general		For folks in Virginia.
va.test			Testing in Virginia.

Wi
--
Newsgroups in Wisconsin, USA.

wi.forsale		Items for sale in Wisconsin.
wi.general		Items of general interest in Wisconsin.

Yale
----
Newsgroups at Yale University in New Haven, CT, USA.  For more
information you can try contacting Morrow Long <[email-masked]>.

<no listed newsgroups.>

York
----
Newsgroups at the York University in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.  For
more information, you can try contacting [email-masked].

york.announce		Announcements at York University
york.general		Postings of general interest at York University
york.ml.big-lan		Big-lan mailing list.
york.ml.bind		Bind mailing list.
york.ml.canet-status-reports	Canet-status-reports mailing list.
york.ml.cmutcp		CMUtcp mailing list.
york.ml.future		Future mailing list.
york.ml.info-pmdf	Info-pmdf mailing list.
york.ml.namedroppers	Namedroppers mailing list.
york.ml.nn		NN mailing list.
york.ml.onet-status-reports	Onet-status-reports mailing list.
york.ml.openbook	Openbook mailing list.
york.ml.pcm-dev		PCM-dev mailing list.
york.ml.sun-managers	Sun-managers mailing list.
york.ml.texhax		Texhax mailing list.