Subject: Boeing reduces production rate of 757 & 767

From: Stephen L Nicoud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 92 15:32:37 PST

757, 767 PRODUCTION RATE REDUCTIONS ANNOUNCED

Boeing Commercial Airplane Group is announcing today reductions in 757 and 767
production rates in 1993.

The monthly rate of 757s, which is currently at 8.5 airplanes per month, will
go to seven in June 1993, and will be reduced further to five per month in
November. The reduction to seven a month had originally been planned to take
effect in September.

Also in November, the 767 rate will be decreased from the current five per
month to four.

Early indications are that the 757 and 767 reductions could result in about
2,000 fewer jobs in the Puget Sound area and approximately 500 fewer jobs at
the Commercial Airplane Group's Wichita Division.

"Our customers' delivery needs are changing as a result of the difficult time
many of them are currently having. We are adjusting our rates to meet their
needs," said Dean Thornton, president of the Commercial Airplane Group.

"We remain optimistic about the long-term. This decision takes into account
the cumulative recent requests of a number of our customers for changes in
their delivery streams," Thornton added.