Subject: Thanksgiving

From: Karl Swartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 92 3:14:35 PST

Tomorrow (er, it's late, better make that today) is the day before
Thanksgiving in the United States, traditionally the busiest air
travel day of the year.  My home-town airport (perhaps you've heard
of it -- Chicago's O'Hare International, namesake of the machine I'm
posting this on) usually sets a new passenger volume record every year
on this day, though this year may be an exception as the half-price
fare war led to several record-shattering days this past summer.

(For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this custom, it entails
family and friends gathering together on the Thursday before the last
Friday in November to consume a turkey and stuffing, yams, cranberry
sauce, pumpkin pie, and all sorts of other goodies, followed by three
days to sit back, watch football, and digest all that food!)

In any case, I'll be doing my part to support the travel industry
this holiday, though not at O'Hare and not by air.  This means I'll
be away from the keyboard until Monday, and airliners posts likely
won't go out until then.  (I may check in once or twice before then
but no promises.)

To those of you in the US or celebrating this US holiday, may this
be a happy and *safe* holiday for you.  To the rest, well, you'll be
saved the inevitable weeks of leftover turkey sandwiches.  ;-)

--
Karl Swartz	|INet	[email-masked]		
1-415/854-3409	|UUCP	uunet!decwrl!ditka!kls
		|Snail	2144 Sand Hill Rd., Menlo Park CA 94025, USA
 Send sci.aeronautics.airliners submissions to [email-masked]