Subject: First Flights on airliners

From: [email-masked] (Robert Dorsett)
Date: 26 Dec 92 00:01:49 CST

I caught the tail-end of an episode of "First Flights," on the Arts & 
Entertainment Network, which dealt with advanced-technology airliners,
Wednesday night.  There were segments on the MD-12, the Fokker 100, and
the MD-80.  I only saw about the last 8 minutes, so assume the A320 or A310, 
and Boeing products, were featured in the first 20.  

A&E also shows a "First Flights" early Sunday evening, but I don't know
whether it's a repeat of the Wednesday show.  Whichever it is, they repeat 
that night's episode at 0530 EST on Monday.

There was nothing earth-shattering about what they were talking about (Neil
Armstrong: "So I guess the pilot's turning into more of a... supervisor...").
But the visuals are pretty, with little flicker.  "First Flights" is a nicely 
photographed, half-hour show, about *aviation*, and not all about blowing up 
things to a rock & roll beat, unlike "Wings." :-)

---
Robert Dorsett
[email-masked]
...cs.utexas.edu!cactus.org!rdd