Subject: Parable time

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Jun 89 23:30:04 GMT

My brother in Belfast mailed this joke to me. They don't get the net over 
there (yet), so it falls on me to forward it.

**************************************************************************
     There's this pheasant standing in a field chatting to a bull.
"I would love to be able to get to the top of yonder tree" sighs
our feathered friend, "but I haven't got the energy." (bit of a
lazy layabout pheazzy) "Why don't you nibble on some of my droppings"
replies the bull sympathetically "they're packed with nutrients".
So our hero pecks at a lump of dung and finds he has enough strengh to
reach the first branch of the tree. The next day, after some more eating
he can reach the second branch, and so it continues. Two weeks later we
find our plumed friend perched on the top of the tree proudly surveying
the countryside where he is spotted by the local farmer. "What a beautiful
creature" says the farmer as he dashes into the farmhouse. It is the work
of an instant for him to emerge with a shotgun and blow the f**k out of
the pheasant.
       The moral of this minor tragedy? Bullshit might get you to the top,
but it won't keep you there!
     
--
|Manus Savage
|British Telecom Research Laboratories
--
Edited by Brad Templeton.  MAIL, yes MAIL your jokes to [email-masked]
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible.  I will reply, mailers willing.

If you MUST reply to a rejection, include a description of your joke
because there is 0 chance I will remember which one it was.