Subject: G'day Mate

From: [email-masked] (Pat Hirayama)
Date: 22 Jun 89 10:30:05 GMT

(One for the True News Digest)

(From Paul Zucker, Newsbytes News Service:)

     SYDNEY, Australia (NB) -- A friend of Newsbytes swears that the 
following is a true story:

     After buying a PC from a dealer of shady shady repute, the 
luckless customer unpacked his new toy and plugged it in to find it 
Dead On Arrival.

     Naturally, after checking the usual things, he called the dealer 
and explained his problem.  First question from Deviously Evasive Dealer:
"Did you check to see whether the power was on?"

     "Of course."

     DED:  "Did you open the cover and check whether any of the boards 
had shaken loose in shipping?"

     "Of course."

     DED:  Then why are you calling me?"

     "Well, you sold it to me and there has to be some kind of 
warranty," pleaded the frustrated purchaser.

     "Of course there is," replied the DED, "But you voided the 
warranty when you opened the cover."

     Like we said, he swears it's a true story.

{ed NewsBytes is available via the Source, Genie, PC-Link & ClariNet}
--
Pat Hirayama
--
Edited by Brad Templeton.  MAIL, yes MAIL your jokes to [email-masked]
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible.  I will reply, mailers willing.

Topical (current events) jokes should be sent to [email-masked]