Subject: What will they think of next

From: [email-masked] (Howard Stateman)
Date: 18 Jun 89 10:30:04 GMT

(From hpwrc!hplabs!sun!plato!janos)

According to several press reports, the new drug of choice is
licking toads.

What a great lead!!

Yess, Bufo Alvirus (Sonoran desert toad to you simple folk) secretes
(a sweating toad?) bufotinine which doesn't do damn for the toad, but
makes humans feel very high indeed.

Says the Examiner story: "If you tried to lick this toad, it would
be a felonious act."

No report to date mentions what the toad turns into when you lick it.

Why not milk the toads and mix the stuff with something nice?

The head of DEA's western regional laboratory is not concerned:
"It's too nasty to screw around with," he said. "And you're going
to have to come up with a lot of toads to compete with cocaine and
marijuana."

The Berkeley police chief was suspicious because he knew of no
occurence of bufotinine use in Berkeley: "If it happened anywhere, it'd 
be here," he said.

Now you know.
--
Edited by Brad Templeton.  MAIL, yes MAIL your jokes to [email-masked]
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible.  I will reply, mailers willing.

Remember: Only ONE joke per submission.  Extra jokes may be rejected.