Subject: The priest.

From: [email-masked] (Truls Solheim Myklebust)
Date: 20 Jun 89 10:30:07 GMT

A young lady had unwantedly become pregnant and wanted an abortion.
	Unfortunately, a medical examination showed she could not and when
	told so by her doctor she broke down and cried. "I can't have a baby
	now...", she said, "There must be something you can do!". The doctor
	thought about this for a while, and suddenly he came up with an idea:
	"There is bound to be someone in this hospital in for an appendix
	operation when you give birth, and we'll just give her the baby and
	tell her it wasn't the appendix after all."

	The young lady agreed to his plan, but at the time she was giving birth
	there were no women in for appendix operation in the hospital, in fact
	the only person who was was an old priest. The doctor, desperately
	realizing the gravity or the situation and his promise figured he
	might as well try anyway.

	The priest was overwhelmed. Convinced this was an immaculate
	conception he took his little son home. The years passed and his son
	grew to become a fine boy. The priest was getting old, and finally he
	he called his son to his deathbed.

	"There is sommething I have to tell you", said the priest,
	"I am not your father". His son looked at him in surprise.
	The priest went on; "I am your mother, the bishop is your father".
--
Truls Solheim Myklebust
University of Oslo
--
Edited by Brad Templeton.  MAIL, yes MAIL your jokes to [email-masked]
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible.  I will reply, mailers willing.

If you MUST reply to a rejection, include a description of your joke
because there is 0 chance I will remember which one it was.