Subject: Sales

From: [email-masked]
Date: 1 Feb 89 11:30:06 GMT

A new sales assistant was hired at a large dept. store.  On his first day, the
sales manager took him around to show him the ropes.  They were passing by
the gardening section, when they heard a customer asking for grass seed.
The sales manager stepped in.

SM: Excuse me, but will you be needing a hose to water your lawn? 

C : I guess so. I'll take one.

SM: And how about some fertilizer and weed-killer ? 

C : Um, okay. 

SM: Here's a couple of bags. You'll also need a lawn mower to cut the grass
    when it starts growing too long.

C : I'll take one of those too.

After the customer left, the sales manager turned to the assistant. "You see?" 
he said, "that's the way to make a good sale.  Always sell more than what
the customer originally came in for."

Impressed, the assistant headed off for the pharmaceutical section, where
he was to work.  Soon, a man strolled in.      

MAN: I'd like to buy a pack of Tampax, please.

SA : Sure, and would you like to buy a lawn mower too?

MAN: Why would I want to do that?

SA : Well, your weekend's shot to hell anyway, so you might as well mow the
lawn.
--