Subject: Inaccurate Titles

From: [email-masked] (Mike Schmitt)
Date: 7 Feb 89 00:30:03 GMT

> (sargeant major in pompous voice - british accent)

  Three English gentlemen, all properly attired, were sitting in a train
  compartment while traveling thru the English countryside.  All three busily
  engrossed in reading their London Times.  Naturally, not having been
  properly introduced, they did not speak to each other.  The quiet in the
  compartment was disturbing.

  Finally, one gentleman, put his paper down and declared, (in your best
  veddy veddy British accent), "Sir James Hyde-White, here.  Brigadier,
  retired.  Oxford, '59.  Married.  Two sons, both Royal Marine officers," and 
  promptly went back to reading his paper. 

  A short while later, the second gentleman put down his paper and declared,
  (again, in very upper class british accent), "Sir Jonathen Colin-Simpson,
  here.  Brigadier, retired.  Eton, '61.  Married.  Two sons, both Royal Air
  Force pilots," and he promptly went back to reading his paper.  
  
  A few miles down the track, the third gentleman put down his paper and 
  stated, (now use your best irish-cockney accent), "Ian McTavish 'ere.
  Sergeant Major, retired.  Coldstream Guards.  Not married.  Two sons.
  Both Brigadiers."   
--
  major, retired.
--