Subject: the rules of relationships

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Summers)
Date: 10 Feb 89 11:30:06 GMT

I found this in the salon where I get my hair cut.  The owner says she
feels these rules are correctly stated.  

			THE RULES (*)

For those of you who don't already know, these are the rules that are in
effect in every relationship.

1.  The female always makes the rules.

2.  These rules are subject to change at any time without prior
    notification.

3.  No male can possibly know all the rules.
    ----------------------------------------

4.  If the female suspects that the male knows all the rules, she must
    immediately change some or all of the rules.

5.  The female is never wrong.
    --------------------------

6.  If the female is wrong it is because of a vagrant misunderstanding
    which was a direct result of something the male said or did wrong.

7.  If rule number six applies, the male must immediately apologize for
    causing the misunderstanding.

8.  The female can change her mind at any given point in time.

9.  The male must never change his mind without express written consent of
    the female.

10. The female has every right to be angry or upset at any time.

11. The male must remain calm at all times, unless the female wants him to
    be angry or upset.

12. The female must under no circumstances let the male know whether she
    wants him to be calm, angry or upset.

13. Any attempt to document these rules could result in bodily harm.

14. The female always gets the last word!

(*) These rules are subject to change as the female sees fit.

--