Subject: An Important Top Ten List.
From: [email-masked] (Robert C Lehman)
Date: 21 Aug 89 13:53:57 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv

Top Ten Problems with Netnews:

10. Too many people think they're lawyers and know everything about
    copyright laws and how (and when) they're enforced.

9.  Too many people don't know how to use the "k" key when using rn.

8.  Too many people use notes to read news.

7.  Too many people who work for AT&T post messages.

6.  Cher doesn't have netnews access and can't reread her favorite 
    top ten lists from "Late Night With David Letterman".

5.  Too many people use vi to compose their messages.  Conseqeuently,
    too many people think vi is really an editor.  On the other hand,
    not enough people use "cat" to compose their messages.

4.  Too many people who post messages live in states where they haven't
    won a World Series since about the time the Rangers won the Stanley Cup.

3.  No one from Madison Square Garden reads rec.sport.hockey.

2.  People who like the Mets post obnoxious messages since Mookie Wilson
    has been traded.

And the number one problem with news:

1.  Too many people take netnews too seriously.

-Rob