Subject: Seminar on Types in Lunches

From: Walter Hamscher <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Sep 1984 14:52 EDT (Tue)

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT:

              GENERALIZED TYPES IN GRADUATE STUDENT LUNCHES

FIRST MEETING:	Friday, Sept. 14, 1984, 12:00 noon

PLACE:		MIT AI Lab Playroom, 545 Tech. Sq., Cambridge, MA, USA

ORGANIZER:	Walter Hamscher, (walter@oz)

FIRST WEEK
VOLUNTEERS:	Bonnie Dorr and Dave Braunegg

SUCCEEDING WEEKS
VOLUNTEERS:	To Be Announced

An eating seminar about generalized cold cuts and spread-recognition;
gluttonism, leftovers, and indigestion; related notions appearing
in current and proposed lunches, such as volunteers, menus, and
The Roosevelt Paradox ("There is no such thing as a free lunch")
will be discussed.  The slant will be toward identifying the
underlying digestional problems raised by the desired menu features.
For the first five minutes (during the visit of Prof. Gustav Fleischbrot,
Univ. of Essen) we will present and discuss the papers below starting
with the first two and concluding with the final two:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Burger, Chip N., ``The Nutritional Value of Pixels'',
PROC. INT'L. CONF. 5TH GENERATION INGESTION SYSTEMS, Tokyo, to
appear.  Manuscript from Dept. of Computer Science, Univ. of Sandwich, 1984.

2. Burger, Chip N. and Gelly Muffin, ``A Kernel language for abstract
feta cheese and noodles'', SEMANTICS OF FETA CHEESE: PROCEEDINGS, (eds.)
Cream, MacFried and Potstick, Springer-Verlag, Lect. Notes in Comp. Sci.
173, 1-50, 1984.

3. MacDonald, Ronald, ``Noodles for standard ML'', ACM SYMP. ON LINGUICA
AND LINGUINI, 1984.

4. Munchem, J. C., ``Lamb, D-Calories, Noodles, and Ripe Fruit'',
Ph.D. Thesis, MIT, Dept. of EECS, September, 1984.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Meeting time for the first five minutes is Fri. 12:00-12:05, and
Friday 12:00-12:05 thereafter.  Aerobics course credit can be arranged.