Subject: FF3 FAQ part 1
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 04:44:00 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy

This is the FF3 Faq. Version 4.

         ________________     _______         __
        / _______/  /     \   / /     \       / /
      /  /____  /  /  /\   \ / /  /__\ \     / /    Title artwork by
    /  _____/  /  /  /  \     /   ____  \   / /____           Chris35389
  /__/        /__/__/     \__/__/     \__\ /______/        
         __________         __        ___________________ __________       ___
       / ______/   \       /  \      / /____  ____/   \ / /______/\ \     /  /
     /  /___  / /_\ \     / / \ \   / /    / /   / /_\ \  /____    \ \ _/  /                                                                                  
   /  /____/ / _____ \   / /   \ \/  /    / /   /  ___  \  _  /     \    /                                                                       
 /__/       /_/     \_\ /_/     \___/    /_/   /_/     \_\ __/      /__/                                                                  
      ________________                                                                                                                
     /__   __  __  __/    FAQ Version 4.0 January 1995                                                                                                
        / / / / / /       Compiled by Wizard 201, JonN2000 & King Kung!
       / / / / / /        King Kung - Gamewiz Game Counselor (GWC)            
    __/ /_/ /_/ /__       Wizard 201 - President of RPGs Unlimited!, GWC             
   /______________/       JonN2000 - President of FF/SOM Club, GWC
    
   I would like to thank King Kung and JonN2000 for giving me so much to do
with the game, Final Fantasy Three! I've never done so much hard work to fine
tune a FAQ to perfection, but I think I have finally come up with the best
compilation of a FAQ for FF3. If not, then King King or JonN2000, please,
be my guest to release another FAQ! I have included a new monster list that
is leaps and bounds over the former one, including everything from the gold
you get at the end of a battle to the amount of EXP you gain! All of this
is all in credit to the wonder of wonders, Seth Hardy!

For all of you out there, here is a little history of the FF3 FAQ:

Version 1.0a - (By JonN2000)  The first FF3 FAQ ever!

Version 1.0b - (By King Kung) Including a Walkthrough and more, this FAQ was
                              in my opinion better organized and clearer than
                              Jon's FAQ.

Version 2.0 - (By Wizard 201) Packed with info, stats for weapons, monster 
                              list, GG codes, and other misc. info!

Version 3.0 - (By King Kung)  Everything from Version 2.0 and more including
                              different strategies with weapons and magic.

Version 4.0 - (By Wizard 201, JonN2000 and King Kung)  
                              Everything in Version 3.0 plus interviews
                              with Square representitives, MORE misc. info
                              on desperation moves, Lore & Rage Lists, 
                              SKetch/Control lists, 'The Best for FF3',
                              greatly improved monster list and more 
                              GG codes!

Believe me people, this has to be the best compilation ever created!
Until the next version, of course!

Part 0 - Character Guide
Part 1 - FF3 Walkthrough
           A. The World of Balance Walkthrough 
                - 1.  The Story Begins! 
                - 2.  A Fork in the Road 
                - 3.  Reunited 
                - 4.  The Search for Terra 
                - 5.  The Opera House 
                - 6.  Magitek Factory 
                - 7.  To the Sealed Gate! 
                - 8.  Search for the Espers 
                - 9.  The Flying Continent 
                -10.  What you should have done by now 
                -11.  A few tips and secrets 
           B. The World of Ruin Walkthrough 
                - 1.  Stranded on a Deserted Island 
                - 2.  There's Still Hope! 
                - 3.  Edgar! 
                - 4.  One Airship to Go, Please! 
                - 5.  Cyan's Grievances 
                - 6.  Face to Face With Phunbaba 
                - 7.  To the Veldt! 
                -8a.  Save Shadow 
                -8b.  Save Relm 
                - 9.  Strago and Ebot's Rock 
                -10.  Mog Lives! 
                -11.  Phoenix Cave 
                -12.  Fanatics' Tower 
                -13.  Cyan's Dream 
                -14.  Tastes Like Gogo 
                -15.  Kefka's Tower 
                -16.  Did you get these elusive items? 
                -17.  A few more tips and secrets 
Part 2 - Monster List (Seth Hardy)
Part 3 - Misc. Info (See "parts by")
           A. Colosseum List
           B. Character Notes
           C. Game Controls
           D. Item List
           E. Weapons Stats
           F. Armor Stats
           G. Relics and Effects
           H. Vanish/Doom/X-Zone
           I. Secret Character Locations
           J. Dragon Locations
           K. Lore List
           L. Rage List
           M. Secret Ending Requirements
           N. The Best for FF3
           O. Character Desperation Moves
           P. Banquet Scoring Scheme
           Q. Easy Status Recovery
           R. Sketch/Control List
           S. Not Saving at a Point
           T. Revivifying the Undead
Part 4 - Game Genie Codes (See "parts by")
Part 5 - Interviews
           A. Interview with Ted Woolsey
           B. Interview with Yusuke Hirata
Part 6 - Rumors (Wizard 201)
Part 7 - Credits! 

Hope you enjoy the FAQ and keep finding all those little
secrets! If you find any discrepancies or something I forgot, please
let me know! Also, if you want to use any of this FAQ, please be my guest
to use any and all of it, except for certain things that require permission
including King Kung's Walkthrough and the articles in the Interviews section.
Happy FF3ing!               

--Wizard 201

I'd like to give my VERY special thanks to those of you on America 
Online, and in the FF/SOM CLUB for information galore. I give my very special 
thanks to Dr. Gamewiz (giving me a place to post info), WizSlinger (a few new 
discoveries), La Parka (the information about the secret ending), Wizard 201 
and JonN2000 for co-creating this mega-FAQ!
And remember: "Porcupines aren't cuddly play things, stupid!"    

--King Kung 

All of the info was contributed unselfishly and for the benefit of all 
gamers. Those who contributed their great ideas are to be greatly commended 
for a job well done. If you see any of the contributing gamers online, be 
sure to thank them for contributing to this file: The #1 source for FF3 Info!

--JonN2000

Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy
Path: illuminati.io.com!news.tamu.edu!cs.utexas.edu!usc!crash!hahavais.cts.com!rhal
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Subject: FF3 Faq part 2
Organization: Don Quixote Windmill & Rockets
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 04:45:13 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]
Sender: [email-masked] (news subsystem)
Nntp-Posting-Host: hahavais.cts.com
Lines: 129

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        PART ZERO-Character Guide
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terra Branford: Magic Warrior

PROFILE    Age:18  Height:5'7"  Weight:105 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:31  Quickness:33  Magic:39  Strength:28
EQUIPMENT  Sword, Helmet, Armor

SPECIAL SKILL: Morph

Locke Cole: Treasure Hunter

PROFILE    Age:25  Height:5'9"  Weight:147 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:37  Quickness:40  Magic:28  Strength:31
EQUIPMENT  Dagger, Sword, Plain Sword, Helmet, Light Mail

SPECIAL SKILL: Steal

Edgar Roni Figaro: Mechanic

PROFILE    Age:27  Height:6'2"  Weight:169 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:39  Quickness:30  Magic:29  Strength:34
EQUIPMENT  Spear, Sword, Knight Sword, Helmet, Armor

SPECIAL SKILL: Tools

Sabin Rene Figaro: Blackbelt

PROFILE    Age:27  Height:6'3"  Weight:233 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:47  Quickness:37  Magic:28  Strength:39
EQUIPMENT  Knuckles, Hat, Light Armor

SPECIAL SKILL: Blitz

Celes Chere: Rune Knight

PROFILE    Age:18  Height:5'9"  Weight:165 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:31  Quickness:31  Magic:29  Strength:31
EQUIPMENT  Sword, Knight Sword, Helmet, Armor

SPECIAL SKILL: Runic

Shadow: Ninja

PROFILE    Age:Unknown  Height:5'10"  Weight:145 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:39  Quickness:38  Magic:33  Strength:30
EQUIPMENT  Ninja Sword, Hat, Light Armor

SPECIAL SKILL: Throw

Cyan Garamonde: Knight

PROFILE    Age:50  Height:5'10"  Weight:158 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:40  Quickness:28  Magic:25  Strength:32
EQUIPMENT  Katana, Helmet, Armor

SPECIAL SKILL: SwdTch

Gau: Wild Child

PROFILE    Age:13  Height:5'3"  Weight:169 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:15  Quickness:16  Magic:21  Strength:14
EQUIPMENT  Hat, Light Armor

SPECIAL SKILL: Leap/Rage

Setzer Gabbiani: Gambler

PROFILE    Age:27  Height:5'9"  Weight:136 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:32  Quickness:32  Magic:28  Strength:31
EQUIPMENT  Cards, Dice, Helmet, Armor

SPECIAL SKILL: Slot

Strago Magus: Lore Master

PROFILE    Age:70  Height:4'11"  Weight:94 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:9  Quickness:9  Magic:31  Strength:9
EQUIPMENT  Rod, Hat, Stuffed Toy, Lore

SPECIAL SKILL: Lore

Relm Arrowny: Artist

PROFILE    Age:10  Height:5'  Weight:88 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:10  Quickness:13  Magic:34  Strength:11
EQUIPMENT  Paint Brush, Rod, Hat, Stuffed Toy

SPECIAL SKILL: Sketch

Mog: Moogle

PROFILE    Age:11  Height:4'  Weight:94 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:12  Quickness:14  Magic:33 Strength:12
EQUIPMENT  Spear, Hat, Light Armor

SPECIAL SKILL: Dance

Umaro: Yeti

PROFILE    Age:4  Height:6'10"  Weight:436 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:44  Quickness:21  Magic:5  Strength:46
EQUIPMENT  Bone Club, Snow Muffler

SPECIAL SKILL: Rage (with the Blizzard Orb and Rage Ring equipped)

Gogo: Mimic

PROFILE    Age:Unknown  Height:5'5"  Weight:132 lbs.
SKILLS     Power:9  Quickness:14  Magic:26  Strength:10
EQUIPMENT  Dagger Rod, Robe, Light Armor

Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy
Path: illuminati.io.com!news.tamu.edu!cs.utexas.edu!usc!crash!hahavais.cts.com!rhal
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Subject: FF3 FAQ part 3
Organization: Don Quixote Windmill & Rockets
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 04:47:29 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]
Sender: [email-masked] (news subsystem)
Nntp-Posting-Host: hahavais.cts.com
Lines: 381

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        PART ONE-FF3 Walkthrough
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
By King Kung
Edited by Wizard 201

                 ***THE WORLD OF BALANCE WALKTHROUGH***

(1)  The Story Begins! 
        
        As Terra, Vicks, and Wedge, head north through Narshe. You will 
fight guards along the way, which are easily defeated by the Fire Beam. If 
you get severely injured, use the Heal Force, Tonic, or Terra's Cure1 spell. 
Remember to save at the first opportunity, because you don't want to repeat 
the intro again! During the battle with Whelk, remember not to use the Bolt 
Beam (he fights back if you do), and to avoid hitting the shell. Have Terra 
use TekMissels, while the other two shoot the Fire Beam. When the creature 
goes back into its shell, use the Heal Force to get back HP, or wait until he 
comes out. Continue until it dies. The frozen Esper will kill Wedge and 
Vicks. When you wake up, explore the house's clock, as it holds a valuable 
Elixir. Then head out the back door. There's only one way through the cave, 
so follow it. Be sure to save your game and open up the treasure chests along 
the way. Eventually the guards will corner you, and you'll fall through the 
floor. Enjoy the little cinema scene! 
        
        Never fear, Locke's here! He'll come to Terra's rescue, with the help 
of those ever cute Moogles. In the group battle, switch to the group that has 
Mog in it (no, he doesn't join you right now). When he learns his first 
dance, use it to waste the other enemies (including the Marshall at the end). 
Upon completion, Locke will bring Terra out of the cave, and through a secret 
passage that will be important later. From there, leave the town and save 
your game. Head straight for Figaro Castle. Upon arrival, be sure to visit 
the item and tool shops. There you should buy plenty of Tonic and the three 
tools for Edgar. Talk to Edgar and explore the castle. An old guy will tell 
you about Edgar's brother, Sabin. Cinema scene! When Kefka storms the 
castle, you'll escape on Chocobos. Fight the M-TekArmors that Kefka sends at 
you, using Edgar's AutoCrossbow and Terra's Fire spell. Ride to Figaro Cave 
(it's to the south-east), and save your game. Enter the cave and be sure 
that you visit the recovery spring (with the turtle in it). Don't worry about 
the passage on the other side, you'll reach that later. Continue through 
a doorway, and head to your left. Go upstairs and open the treasure chest. 
Head back down, then to your right, and down. Pick up the treasure chest in 
the alcove to your right. Before going up those stairs, go to your left and 
find the treasure chest. Then go back to the stairs, go up, head downwards, 
and go down those stairs. Exit the cave and head south-east to South Figaro. 
Save your game outside, then enter. Go meet Shadow (you'll meet again after 
the river ride), then explore the town. There are treasures in almost every 
barrel and crate. Don't miss the one behind the Chocobo stable, and in the 
barrel on the walkway above it. Next, go into the big house at the north of 
the town (this is the rich man's house). In the room that's drafty, walk 
behind the bookshelf and down some hidden stairs. Head down the next flight. 
In the hallway, walk to the right, then, when it goes down, walk through 
the wall, then to your right down a hidden flight of stairs for some nice 
relics. Continue exploring the rest of the hallway for a truckload of money, 
then go back to the entry hallway of the rich man's house. Go through the 
left door (not the one you came in from), and explore the barrels there. 
Walk behind the house to find a hidden passage, and explore that room for 
some goodies. There's a hidden door at the very bottom of the room that 
takes you to the old cider guy's house (remember that he wants cider for 
later). Exit there, then go to the item, armor, and weapon shops. Buy all 
the equipment you need (you should have enough money), then leave the town. 
If you wish, you may rent a Chocobo and take it to Sabin's Cottage (north of 
S. Figaro), which is suggested if you want some drama. Then head for Mt. 
Kolts (to the east). You should build your members up 2 or 3 levels outside, 
then use a tent, save, and enter. The enemies here are pretty strong, so, 
when you get the opportunity, use a tent and save. At the entrance, go behind 
the large rock and outside for some treasure. Go back, then head up. Follow 
the pathway (it's very linear), save your game at the designated spot, then 
continue until you reach Vargas. Defeat his bears, then attack him. After a 
while, Sabin will jump in, and the others will be blown away by one of Vargas' 
techniques. Fight Vargas with the Fight command (or you can perform a Blitz 
immediatley). When it tells you to do the Blitz, do so (duh). If you're 
having trouble, see the closing remarks of this section for the easiest way 
to perform the Pummel Blitz. When you beat him (that is, if you beat him), 
head out of the cave, grabbing the treasure chest on your way.  
        
        Once outside, head north to the Returner Hideout. Explore it with 
Terra, and see the closing remarks before you talk to Banon outside. Locke 
will leave the party, and then you'll be in a group with Banon, Terra, Edgar, 
and Sabin. Go back into the hideout to buy some items and stop at the inn. 
Then head out on the river. It doesn't really matter what ways you choose to 
go (although if you choose right at the first intersection, you'll fight more 
enemies, and if you keep going to the left at the second, it'll never end). 
Make sure that you have Banon use Heal during battles, and that you save your 
game at every opportunity. Eventually you'll reach Ultros. Have Terra use 
Fire, but beware: Ultros will blind you if she does. Make Banon use Heal 
every time he attacks, while Sabin uses any one of his Blitzes and Edgar 
fights or uses AutoCrossbow. You'll beat him, then Sabin will fall off. 
        
        Here are some tips and tactics that you may want to use: 

1)  In order for the Pummel Blitz to work, select Blitz from the menu, then
press left, release it, press right, release it, left and 'A'. Make sure 
that this is done within 1 and a half seconds. 

2)  Make sure that you buy the 3 tools at Figaro. Or at least the 
AutoCrossbow and Noise Blaster. 

3)  You will need plenty of Tonic, Potion, and Fenix Down. Tents are also 
important, but you will usually find them. The others can be found if you 
search in the Returner Hideout and S. Figaro. 

4)  If you can't afford a lot of weapons and armor, at least buy the best 
possible stuff for Terra, as she's weak in the beginning. 

5)  When Banon asks Terra to help the Returners, you will receive a Gauntlet 
for a 'Yes' reply. However, if you choose 'No,' go back inside and to the 
top-most room. The person there will give you a Genji Glove, which, in my 
view, is much more valuable. 

6)  When you are controlling Terra alone in the Returner's Hideout, walk up
to the very top of the large table (where the meeting will take place later). 
Press A and you will find a piece of paper. If you throw it away, nothing
different will happen. However, if you leave it there, Banon will throw it 
away during the meeting. I don't know what importance this plays (if any), 
but if someone can figure it out, tell me!

7)  Before beginning the raft ride on the Lete River, move Banon to the back 
row of your party. This will reduce the damage he takes. Remember, if he 
dies, the game ends! 

                       ------------------------- 

(2)  A Fork in the Road 
        
        Here the story has split into 3 groups. Mog appears and asks you 
to choose a scenario (Kupo!). You should save your game here so that you 
can come back if you make a mistake. I suggest going the Locke's first, 
then Sabin's, and finally Terra's. 

Locke's Scenario 
----------------        
        Locke's scenario can be difficult if you don't listen to the clues 
given by the townspeople. You must first go to the old man's house, and 
talk to the boy downstairs. Then go to the item shop and talk to the man in 
the corner. You'll fight him. Steal from him for a nice Plumed Hat, and 
his clothes! Equip the Plumed Hat, and go back to the boy in the old man's 
house. He let you through. Explore the town for some tips, but DON'T talk 
to soldiers in Magitek Armor. If you wish, talk to a Green Soldier and 
steal his clothes, then talk to the people in the town for more info. The 
soldier outfit also lets you talk to other soldiers without being attacked. 
Remember the Cider delivery man? Go there and fight him. Steel from him 
for another Plumed Hat and his clothes. You'll also take his Cider. Bring 
this back to the old man, then go to the boy who's downstairs. The password 
is 'courage.' Anything else gets you beaten up! Take the hidden passage to 
the rich man's house, then go upstairs. In the windy room, go behind the 
bookshelf and follow the passage too the room where Celes is. Save her, 
then take the guard's clock key. Go to the clock that isn't ticking and 
wind it for a secret passage. Enter and head right, then down, right, up, 
right, down, and left to a few treasure chests. Take the contents and equip 
them. Go back to the entrance and search along the walls for a hidden 
passage. Go south in the passage to some more treasure, then, about half 
way back in this passage, push to the left for another passage. Go 
downstairs and take the valuable items from the chests (don't miss the Ribbon, 
which is behing the north chest!). Return upstairs to the entrance, then take 
the other passage south. Go left for some treasure, then head right to find 
the exit. Leave S. Figaro and go to Figaro Cave. Make your way through until 
the TunnelArm comes. Defeat it by having Celes use Runic while Locke fights. 
 
Sabin's Scenario 
----------------        
        This is the longest (and hardest) of the three scenarios. Although 
it is your choice to enlist Shadow or not, you should take him along. If 
you do, buy at least 30 - 50 Shurikens. Search the Imperial Camp for 
treasures. When you find a locked treasure chest, hit it instead of kicking 
it, or you'll be attacked. After fighting Kefka once, head left and up 
behind a tent for entry to a hidden tent. When Cyan has to fight, use the 
Dispatch SwdTech command (number 1). When you win the Black Belt, equip it 
on somebody (preferably Shadow or Sabin). You can't enter Doma Castle after 
it's taken over, so head straight for the Baren Falls. On the Phantom Train, 
head right at the start to save your game and meet the Impresario. Head to 
the left, collecting treasures. Let the ghost guy join you, and have him 
Possess an enemy. To defeat the Ghost Train, use Cyan's Dispatch, Sabin's 
Suplex, and have Shadow through the Shuriken. At the bottom of Baren Falls, 
you'll meet Gau. Head to Mobliz, and buy some goods there. Make sure to 
buy some Dried Meat also. Fight in a battle in the Veldt and, when Gau 
appears, use the Dried Meat on him. Here's the appearance of the coolest
imp, Kappa! Head with Gau to the Crescent Cave, and explore for a few 
laughs. Eventually you'll find the diving helmet. Use it to go into the 
Serpent Trench. When you have to decide which way to go, choosing 2 rights 
takes you to both caves, while two lefts takes you straight to Nikeah. You're 
better off visiting the caves, as the second one has a valuable Green Beret. 
Once you arrive at Nikeah, buy some goods, then take the ship to S. Figaro. 
 
Terra's Scenario 
----------------
        This is the easiest of the scenarios. If you can't figure this one 
out, you really need a mental examination! Just remember to say hello to 
the Moogles. KUPO!!! 

                        ------------------------- 

(3)  Reunited 

        Finally together, the group doesn't have much time to think. Kefka 
and a squad of soldiers are on their way to claim the frozen Esper and kill 
Banon! Although some of the group's members are negative toward each other, 
they decide that they must stop the Empire at all costs. A decisive battle is 
about to take place. 
        
        The fight shouldn't be difficult IF you use the correct attacks. 
Edgar should constantly use the Bio Blaster, as this can destroy an entire 
enemy group! Have Cyan use the Quadra Slam, while Celes and Terra fight and 
cure with magic. If you still are having trouble, don't worry about losing. 
Instead, keep fighting with Sabin's group until he learns the Fire Dance, 
then use that to waste the enemies. Battle Kefka with a combination of magic 
users and fighters. After the battle, the group goes to the Esper, where 
Terra morphs for the first time. Unfortunately, she goes ballistic, 
and flies off to the west. 

                       ------------------------- 

(4)  The Search for Terra 
        
        After Terra flys away you'll be in Narshe. Buy and equip some 
weapons, armor, and relics, but, if Sabin or Edgar is in your party, don't 
buy items. Search the town for a room filled with treasures, and remember 
about the locked treasure chest. You should go to Figaro Castle. There, 
buy tools and items. If Sabin or Edgar is at the front of your party, you 
get them for half price! Submerge the castle, then head for Kohlingen. If 
Locke is in your party, you'll see a few cinema scenes. If you only have 3 
people with you and 3000 GP, then you can enlist Shadow for a little while. 
If you're not in a hurry, head north to the small house where the Coliseum 
will be in the World of Ruin. Search the house for a valuable Hero Ring. 
Head south to Jidoor, where you should search the town. Then head north to 
Zozo. You may want to gain a few levels before you enter. Upon entering, 
head as far left as you can, and find the building with the stopped clock. 
Set it for 6:10:50, and you'll find a passage to the valuable Chainsaw. 
Head down to the large tower, where you should proceed to climb it. Make 
sure to find every treasure chest along the way, as one holds the Thief 
Glove, which makes Locke use Control, allowing him to fight and steal in one 
turn. When you think you can't go any farther, try jumping between 
buildings. Continue up the tower until you fight Dadaluma. Use your 
strongest attacks on him, as well as Potions and Cure spells to recover your 
HP. When he calls reinforcements, ignore them and concentrate on him. 
Head upstairs to the topmost room, and look around for a few treasures. Then 
go up to Terra. 
                        
                        -------------------------

(5)  The Opera House
        
        After finding Terra, you must pick 2 people to go with Celes and 
Locke. Depending on your actions, Cyan may stay with Terra. If you haven't
already gotten Shadow, DO NOT go back to put him in your party! If you do,
he'll leave during the Opera, and you'll be stuck with 3 fighters untill after
the Magitek Factory! Go back to Kohlingen, and talk to everyone in the town. 
Then go to Owzer's house (the one farthest north), and talk to the Impresario. 
Read the letter and talk to the man, then head for the Opera House (it's south
of Jidoor). When you arrive, enjoy the cinema scene, then go with Locke to
the dressing room. When performing the opera, press A immediately on the 
first choice. For the second, press down, then A. On the third, press A. Go 
upstairs, and walk over to Draco. Follow him, and when he stops, press A 
as if to talk with him. Pick up the flowers, then go upstairs. Half way up, 
you'll stop. Press to the right, then continue up. Walk to the balcony, and 
enjoy! With Locke, pick up the note in the room, and talk to the Impresario. 
Equip the Sprint Shoes (if you don't have them on), and go up and right on 
the balcony. Talk to the man, then pull the far right switch. Go back 
to where you were sitting and head to the left, then up. When you're above 
the stage, try to avoid as many rats as possible. If you have to fight 
them, kill the yellow ones first, because they can call reinforcements. 
When you reach Ultros, you'll fall onto the stage, then fight him. 
Use your strongest moves, and he'll eventually leave. Setzer will come up. 
Watch the scene, and prepare for the trek through the Empire. Now, wasn't 
that fun?
                       
                       -------------------------

(6)  Magitek Factory
        
        When you reach Albrook, buy some new weapons, armor, and relics 
(the best available), then gain a few levels outside. Use the Espers to 
learn some magic spells, especially Cure1. You may want to go to Tzen and 
Maranda to find more weapons and info, but you don't need to. Head to Vector 
(it's the big castle). DON'T sleep at the inn. Instead, go over to the
small building and refuse to pledge your allegiance to the Empire. Fight 
the guards, and the man will heal you. Buy weapons (if you haven't already 
done so), dodge the soldiers in the north of town, and enter the buildings. 
When you think you're ready, go to the right and talk to the man behind the 
boxes. Climb onto the box, and go over the guards to get into the factory. 
Make sure Celes has a sword, because you will want to use Runic often. 
Explore the first room thoroughly, you should find 2 or 3 treasures. Climb 
into the left pipe, and go downstairs. Remember, there are a lot of 
treasures hear. Try pressing against the far southern walls, and you will 
probably find doors leading to a few treasures. Equip all of the Flame and 
Thunder equipment that you find, and look for Kefka. Jump off where Kefka 
threw the 2 creatures, than talk to the left one. For Ifrit, use strong 
Ice attacks, and use Fire attacks on Shiva. They'll turn into Magicite. 
Go through the left door, use a tent, and save your game (by the way, have 
Locke steal from soldiers to get tents). Go back through the door, and go 
into the right one this time. Go all the way up the stairs, and search the 
room with several Esper Processing Chambers for the Break Blade. Go
throug the next doorway to fight #024. It is difficult to hurt him with 
magic (he changes what he is weak against when he glows), so use 
primarily fighting attacks. The Aura Bolt and Dispatch techniques work 
best. Go up through the door, and talk to Cid. Watch the cinema scene, 
then follow Cid. Use a tent and save your game and talk to Cid. In the
mine cart, use strong fighting techniques and Ice and Fire spells on the
Mag Roaders. When you fight #128, attack the body, not the arms, with
strong Ice and Thunder attacks. Save your game when you are outside, 
and talk to Setzer. When you fight the Cranes, use strong magic (you 
might want to Scan to see what they're weak against), and Setzer's Slot. 
If the Slot lands on 3 diamonds, you'll probably win.

                      -------------------------

(7)  To the Sealed Gate!
        
        Oh boy! You get to control the airship. JOY!!! Fly to Narshe. 
Remember the locked treasure chest? Go to that house and follow Lone Wolf 
to where the Esper is (at the cliff). When he tells you not to step 
forward, stand still. When Mog wrestles free, both will almost fall of the 
cliff. You only have time to save one. If you save Mog, he joins your 
party (kupo)! If you save Lone Wolf, you get a Gold Hairpin, which cuts in 
half the magic needed for the wearer to cast spells. I STRONGLY suggest 
taking Mog! You may want to fight with him in forests, plains, different 
backgrounds, until he learns his dances. See the "A Few Tips and Secrets" 
section for info on getting the Water Rondo dance. When you're ready, fly 
to the Imperial Base. Nobody will be there. Go to across the bridge and to 
the cave. You'll find a valuable treasure at the beginning, so take it. 
When you reach the room with moving bridges, make your way to the treasure 
chest on the little island. It holds the Coin Toss, which lets Setzer kill 
the enemy with money! Follow the route, and, when you pull a switch that 
makes you hear a distant sound, backtrack to reach a treasure chest. When 
you reach the area with 2 switches on the floor, DON'T step on either of 
them. Instead, pass the first one, then go up the right bridge. Pull the 
switch in the chest, and go downstairs, then down again. Go to your left to 
the little raised piece of ground, and step on the switch. It will open a 
cave with the VERY valuable Atma Weapon in it! Equip it on Terra. Keep 
going to the right, until you eventually reach the Sealed Gate. Hit Kefka 
once, and enjoy the show! When it's over, exit the cave through the new 
passage, and go to the airship. Oh, by the way, the ninja that falls from the
ceiling mentions a treasure under a staircase. This treasure is the locked
room in the Imperial Base. If do the right things at the banquet (coming up),
you will be able to open the door.

                        -------------------------

(8)  Search for the Espers
        
        After the Sealed Gate, talk to the people in Maranda. They have 
new things to say. Head to Vector, and go to the cattle. You'll talk to 
Geshtal and Cid. Talk to as many soldiers as possible. You may have to 
fight some. DON'T talk to Kefka, as he takes away from your time to talk to 
soldiers. When you have talked to 24 soldiers, wait out the timer. During 
the conference, be as courteous and polite as possible when talking. You 
should toast to the Hometowns, say to keep Kefka in jail, and that their 
actions were inexcusable. I don't know the rest, but, if you do everything 
correctly, South Figaro will be freed, Doma Castle will be freed, the door 
in the Imperial Base will be unlocked (if this happens, go back there to 
collect mucho money and weaponry), you'll receive a Tintinabar (see the "A 
Few Tips and Secrets" section for how to get another one), and you'll get a 
valuable Charm Bangle. Go to the Imperial Base if the door was opened, then 
go to Albrook. Go to the ship, and enjoy the cinema scene. Afterwards, 
sleep at the inn for free for another cinema scene. Go back to the ship, 
and you'll set sail. When you reach Crescent Island, head north to Thamasa. 
Press A next to the barrels and boxes for some prizes, and by new weapons 
and armor. Some of the relics are also useful. Explore until you find 
Strago and Relm. Sleep at the inn, and go to the burning house. Enter with 
Strago. If you have it, equip Strago with the Ice Rod, and use Ice and the 
Aqua Rake spells on your enemies. Try to avoid the fireballs, and 
eventually you'll reach a big fireball. Defeat him with Ice2 and Aqua Rake. 
Shadow will save the day. When all is done, see if there's any equipment 
you could use at the shops, then head for the Crescent Cave. Save outside, 
and go up a few levels. Take the treasure chest immediately to your left, 
then head up and right, through the door. When you're outside, work your 
way to the left, and into another cave. Pick up any treasure, and you'll 
eventually reach the 3 Golden Statues. When fighting Ultros, use the 
strongest fire attacks possible, and, when Relm joins you, have her sketch 
Ultros. You'll win (for now), and head out the left door. Save when you 
have the chance, and, when you see 3 tiles on the ground, step on the 
upper-left one. Go out the door and collect the treasure, then go back 
inside and upstairs. Fall through the upper-right one, and continue until 
there's a cinema scene. When in Thamasa, watch the action. Fight Kefka 
with General Leo, it should be easy. Unfortunately, Leo is killed by Kefka 
(see the Rumors section for possible info on bringing him back to life). 
Board the airship when the party comes, and watch the cinema scene.

Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy
Path: illuminati.io.com!news.tamu.edu!cs.utexas.edu!usc!crash!hahavais.cts.com!rhal
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Subject: FF3 FAQ part 4
Organization: Don Quixote Windmill & Rockets
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 04:49:34 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]
Sender: [email-masked] (news subsystem)
Nntp-Posting-Host: hahavais.cts.com
Lines: 98

(9)  The Floating Continent
        
        After Thamasa, fly to Doma Castle (if it was freed), and, if you 
wish, South Figaro. Gain several levels (you'll need to for the upcoming 
battles), and save somewhere. Board the airship, and choose to look for 
the Floating Continent. You'll battle the IAF (pretty tough, cure between 
battles), and you'll face off with Ultros and his friend, Chupon. Use fire 
attacks on Ultros, and all of your strong ice and special attacks on Chupon. 
Chupon will eventually sneeze you away, and you'll fall. You'll fight a 
machine on your way down! Concentrate on the body itself, and destroy the 
little machines it releases that absorb magic. You have to hurry, because 
when the countdown ends, you'll be fried! You'll end up on the Floating 
Continent. Talk to Shadow and he'll join you. Make sure to save your game 
so that you don't have to face the IAF again. The battles here are tough, 
so you should have Shadow throw Shurikens and Ninja Stars, as well as 
different Skeans. When you think you've reached a dead end, try pressing 
against the wall. Basically, you should make your way to the right, 
collecting the blue orbs (treasure chests). Don't miss the Masmune, or any 
other treasures. When you find a save place (haven't seen one of those for 
a while), use a tent and save. Soon you'll have the option to go back to 
the airship or not. You really should keep going. Fight the Atma Monster 
using very strong ice spells, and all of your best attacks. Cure2 is 
imperative to your survival, so make sure somebody has learned it by now. 
When you win, head up and enjoy the long cinema scene. Shadow will trap 
Kefka between the statues, and a timer will come up. Hurry to your right. 
If you have the Charm Bangle, equip it now. When you defeat the enemy at 
the glowing star, continue going right. When it asks if you want to jump 
to the airship or wait, choose wait. Move back a step and step forward. 
Choose to wait for Shadow. If you don't, you can't get him later!!! At 
about 5 seconds left, Shadow will come, and you'll escape. Enjoy the 
splendor of the end of the world!
 
                      -------------------------

(10)  What You Should Have Done By Now
        
        By now you should have found the 12 normal characters, and no hidden 
ones. You will have 11 if you didn't save Mog. If you neglected Mog, 
you'll have to wait for the next chance to find him. By now your characters 
should be at least at level 25, that being the minimum. Sabin should have 
learned the Fire Dance (maybe the next one also), and Cyan should know the 
Quadra Slam. Make sure that you found the Atma Weapon before this point, 
or you won't be able to get it back. You could live without it, but it is 
probably the best weapon in the game.

                      -------------------------
 
(11)  A Few Tips and Secrets
        
        If you want to gain levels quickly, then you should stay near the 
beginning of the Floating Continent. The enemies here can be defeated, and 
they give you a lot of experience. If it's magic that you want, go to the 
Triangle Island (upper left corner of map). Defeat the invisible Intangir 
by casting Doom, but beware: it will cast a powerful spell on the person 
who kills it. Have your party above 1000 HP each. 
        
        If you think that the Atma Weapon is faulty or doesn't work, that's 
because it gains power as you gain HP. The more HP you have, the stronger 
it is. Remember, if you're low on HP, it will hardly do anything. 
        
        Terra's Morph will lasts longer at higher levels, and if you go 
many battles without using it.
        
        Many people wonder how to get two of Mog's dances; the Water Rondo 
and the Snowman Jazz. The Snowman Jazz can be learned in the World of 
Ruin only, but the Water Rondo MUST be learned in the World of Balance. 
The W. Rondo is, in fact, Mog's strongest dance. To acquire it, form a 
group with Mog in it. Land the airship it Nikeah, and rent a Chocobo. 
Ride it all the way to Baren Falls, and hop off. Jump the falls, and go 
all the way to the Serpent Trench, and jump in. Fight a water enemy 
without dancing and you'll learn the Water Rondo! You'll end up in Nikeah, 
right next to your airship! An alternate, longer route is to take the raft 
down the Lete River with Mog. The Serpent Trench is much faster, though.
        
        If you want Mog's Dance to have a 100% success rate, then use the
dance that goes along with the background you're in. The other dances still
work, but there's the possibility that you will stumble.
        
        To save Shadow on the Floating Continent, during the destruction, 
wait instead of jumping onto the ship. If you stand there until only 5 
seconds are left, he'll come and you'll leave together.
        
        There is a trick that works on almost all enemies and bosses in the 
game. Have somebody learn Vanish, and have somebody who knows either Doom 
or X-Zone. When you Vanish someone, weapons won't hurt them, but magic will 
have a 100% success rate! Cast Doom, and the enemy will die! Later in the 
game, enemies don't always die from Vanish/Doom, but instead die from 
Vanish/X-Zone. The X-Zone works on 99% of the enemies in the game! BEWARE, 
though that Vanish/X-Zone doesn't allow you to collect any items from the 
enemy!!!
        
        In Mobliz, it is possible to get a valuable Tintinabar. Talk to 
the injured soldier, and read the letter on the desk. Go to the house in 
the center of town and send something in the mail. After going back and 
forth and spending a lot of money on mail, the soldier will give you a 
Tintinabar!

Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy
Path: illuminati.io.com!news.tamu.edu!cs.utexas.edu!usc!crash!hahavais.cts.com!rhal
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Subject: FF3 FAQ part 5
Organization: Don Quixote Windmill & Rockets
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 04:50:43 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]
Sender: [email-masked] (news subsystem)
Nntp-Posting-Host: hahavais.cts.com
Lines: 216

                  ***THE WORLD OF RUIN WALKTHROUGH***

(1)  Stranded on a Deserted Island
        
        This is a very short part of the story, but can be very dramatic. 
To pick up fish for Cid, go to the beach south of the house and press A 
next to a fish. Remember: the faster the fish, the healthier it is. 
There are 4 types of fish: Rotten Fish, Fish, Just a Fish, and Yummy Fish. 
If you feed Cid 10 Yummy Fish (the very fast moving ones), he'll live! 
If you take to long to catch the fish, or if you feed him Rotten Fish, Cid 
will die, and Celes will almost commit suicide. In the secrets section, it 
tells you just why saving Cid is so important. Either way, you'll set sail 
using a raft that Cid made.
                       
                       -------------------------

(2)  There's Still Hope!
        
        In Albrook, talk to the people to learn of the World of Ruin. 
You'll hear about the 8 dragons, Phunbaba, and Doom Gaze, as well as 
Kefka's reign of terror. Buy new equipment (you'll need it) and sleep 
at the inn. When you leave town, head north past Kefka's Tower and 
through a desert. Eventually you'll reach Tzen. Save outside, and when 
you enter, a disaster hits. Go the inn for HP and MP if you must, then go 
up to Sabin. Enter the house, taking the treasures, and head to the left. 
Go downstairs, and up to the long landing. The child should be above the 
fireplace. Take it outside, and Sabin will join you. Buy equipment for him 
if you must, and save outside. Go north-west and find a small forest. In 
the middle, rent a Chocobo and go south. Go east across a bridge and follow 
the green trail that was once the Serpent Trench to Mobliz. There, sleep at 
the house and talk to Terra. You'll fight Phunbaba, who can be stopped by 
strong ice spells, the poison and bio spells, and the Suplex Blitz. 
Terra won't join you, but you can't give up now.

                        -------------------------

(3)  Edgar!
        
        After the fight with Phunbaba, head south to a forest where you can 
rent a Chocobo. Follow the Serpent Trench past the Fanatics' Tower and to 
the town of Nikeah. Talk to the thieves at the inn, and, when they leave, 
go outside and talk to Gerard (he looks like Edgar). Follow Gerard into the 
ship, and, at South Figaro, locate him at the inn. Buy new weapons, armor, 
relics, and items at the town, and go to Figaro Cave to the north-east. 
Follow Gerard, the thieves, and the Sigfried impostor to the Recovery 
Spring. Remember that opening on the other side? Jump on the turtle and 
enter it. It leads to Figaro Castle. If you search the cave, you may find
Sigfried, but he runs away. Go to the engine room and down the 
stairs that you couldn't enter before. Collect the treasures, and find the 
engine. Gerard will reveal himself, and you'll fight the Tentacles. It 
is good to have relics protecting you from poison and berserk, and some 
Running Shoes. Have Celes cast Regen on everyone. Each Tentacle gets 
injured by different magic. Have Edgar use the Chainsaw, Flash, or Drill, 
Sabin use the Aura Bolt, and Celes use magic to cure or runic. When you 
win, go through the door and press A by the statue for the Soul Sabre. 
Go back the way you came, and the engineer will make the castle go to 
Kohlingen. Buy the new items and tools at half price by putting Edgar or 
Sabin at the front of your party, and head out for Kohlingen to the 
north-east.

                         -------------------------

(4)  One Airship to Go, Please!
        
        When you find Setzer in the cafe of Kohlingen, he'll join you. Buy 
new equipment from the shops. Equip Setzer with either the Dice or the 
Trump. Go to Darill's Tomb and save outside. From the beginning, go down 
stairs and to the right. Go up through the door, and press A on the 
tombstone. A door will open, which you should go through. Flip the switch 
at the top of the room and the water will go down. Return to the main 
hallway and go down. Keep going and collect the treasure chest. Once again 
go to the main hallway, only go all the way to the left and down (if you 
REALLY want to solve the tombstone puzzle, go down the center twice, and 
read each of the tombstones. Go to the main hallway, into the upper-left 
door, and put in THE WORLD IS SQUARE backwards). Go down the next set of 
stairs and collect the chest to your right. Move against the right wall and 
you'll find a hidden passage that leads to a treasure chest that contains 
the valuable Experience Egg! Go back through the passage, and in the door 
to the north. Walk across the water and flip the switch. You'll see a door 
open. Return to the main hallway and go down through the center door. 
Flip the switch, then jump on the turtle. It'll take you to the door, 
which you should go through. Open up the right chest, than use a tent and 
save your game. You'll have to fight a dangerous enemy in the left chest, 
but, once defeated, he yields 1 or 2 powerful Fire Claws for Sabin. Save 
your game again, and go through the northern door. Walk up to the casket 
to fight Dullahan. Have Sabin use Blitzes and the Fire Claw, Setzer uses 
the Dice and Slot, Celes casts Fire and Cure spells, and Edgar uses the 
Chainsaw or Drill. It shouldn't be to hard. When done, go up through the 
door, and enjoy the cinema scene. You'll take off in the airship and 
follow a bird to Maranda.

                         -------------------------

(5)  Cyan's Grievances
        
        When you first take off in the new airship, you'll see a bird, and 
follow it to Maranda. In the house in the upper-right, a girl says she's 
been receiving letters from her love in Mobliz, but you know that he's dead. 
The handwriting on the letter is that of Cyan, so you follow the pigeon 
back to Zozo. There, talk to the man that told the truth the first time 
(he's up and to the right of the big tower), and he'll give you info and 
Rust-aid. Go into the Cafe and find the rusty door, which will become 
unrusted. Go through to end up on Mt. Zozo. Make your way through the 
first room, making sure to collect the treasures. In the second room, 
use a tent and save your game, then step on the switch to your upper-right. 
This will release one of the 8 dragons from a treasure chest. Fight it 
using your strongest abilities. You should win. Continue climbing the 
mountain until you find Cyan. Enjoy the cinema scene! When it's done, you 
can go to where Cyan was and get the key to open his treasure chest, open 
the chest, and take his books, although they don't do anything. Make your 
way out of Zozo or use a Warp Stone (or Warp magic), and fly back to Maranda 
with Cyan in your group. Talk to the townspeople again.

                        ------------------------

(6)  Face to Face With Phunbaba
        
        It's time to check back on Terra in Mobliz. When you do, you'll 
notice that she's gone. Go into the house where Duane is, and follow the 
dog into a secret passage behind the bookcase. There's an Elixir hidden in 
one of the pots. You'll have to fight Phunbaba again, so make sure that 
you're healed up. Use the same tactics as when you fought him before. 
Midway through, Terra will morph and join you in the fight. It should 
be easy with her magic skills. Terra will rejoin the party, and you can 
now continue your adventure.
                        
                        ------------------------

(7)  To the Veldt!
        
        Short chapter! Anyway, all you have to do is fight a battle in 
the Veldt with 3 people in your party. Gau will rejoin you, and will have 
learned a few new Rages. If you wish, you may take him and Sabin to the 
house in the north-west. There, Gau will meet his father. It's both funny 
and a tear-jerker.

                        ------------------------

(8a)  Save Shadow

Note: You can only save Shadow if you waited for him back on the Floating 
      Continent!!!
        
        This is a split scenario. If you waited for Shadow on the Lost 
Continent, then Shadow will be waiting in the Veldt Cave. Go there and 
follow Interceptor. BE SURE to open EVERY treasure chest in the cave, 
or you may miss the valuable Striker!!! Eventually you'll find Shadow 
lying on the ground (it's after a save location). Be ready, because you'll 
have to battle two powerful Behemoths! Use Ice magic, and you shouldn't 
have trouble. However, get ready! Just after beating the first, another 
will trap you from behind! This one is easy. Just use the item `Revivify' 
on it to kill it. When you do defeat it, you'll take Shadow to Thamasa. 
After sleeping at the inn, he'll disappear, having gone to the Coliseum. 
Make sure to search the left wall of Strago's house (upstairs) for another 
Memento Ring. You'll hear about a man dressed in black searching for a 
Striker. Bet the Striker (you should have found it in the cave), and you'll 
fight Shadow (even though it says Shadow Chupon). You'll easily defeat him, 
and he'll join your party for good!

                         ------------------------

(8b)  Save Relm
        
        No matter what, Relm will end up at Owzer's House (at the top of 
Jidoor). Go there, and, after trying to go up the stairs, read Owzer's 
Diary. Press A on the lamp (near the stairs), then go up. If you wish, 
fight the flower portrait. Look at the picture of Geshtahl twice for a clue 
about the Phoenix Cave. Then look at the woman's portrait. When you defeat 
the enemy, enter the door. Follow the path (some of the portraits do 
things, so watch out), and, when you find 3 doors on 1 wall, walk behind 
the wall and press A for the valuable Relic Ring (makes Doom/Poison cure, 
and Cure/Life injure). Go through the left-most door. If you wish, stand 
under the floating chests to fight an enemy. You have to go to each one in 
a certain order. Then go through the door. Save your game, and go through 
the right door (the left is a trap). Fight the Spirit Chadarnook, using 
strong fire attacks on the demon form. You may want to cast Remedy on 
everyone, because one of his moves damages everyone over time. He'll 
transform, and, in doing so, change what he takes damage from. After 
winning (it may take a while), Relm will join your party.

                         ------------------------

(9)  Strago and Ebot's Rock
        
        Having saved Relm, take her to the Fanatics' Tower. A very confused 
Strago will be marching with some Kefka Worshippers, but will snap out of 
it when he sees Relm. Take both of them to Thamasa, and, after a cinema 
scene, buy some equipment and head to Ebot's Rock. Enter the cave and talk 
to the chest. Using the transporters, find 20 to 30 pieces of coral, then 
bring them back to the chest. The chest will move out of the way, and you 
can face Hidon. Take Strago along, and kill off the little Hidonites first, 
and Hidon will use Grand Train (which Strago will learn afterwards). Keep 
attacking with Fire and Cure attacks, and eventually Hidon will fall. 
Hopefully you got him to cast Grand Train, which is one of Strago's best 
Lore attacks. Enjoy the cinema scene.

                         ------------------------

(10)  Mog Lives!
        
        Remember the Moogle Village? Well, return there by going through 
the Narshe Caves. Mog will be there, and he'll join you. Search where he 
was standing for the Moogle Charm (avoids random enemy fights)! Take Mog 
with you, and, in the snowy area, fight the Ice Dragon. Use Fire attacks. 
Fight another enemy in the area and you'll learn the Snowman Jazz. Go to 
the frozen Esper and fight it. Use strong weapon attacks and Fire magic. 
When you thaw it out, you will receive its Magicite, and the cliff will 
break. Have Mog in your party, and jump off. Follow the cave's route, 
and you'll eventually reach a room with a bone carving. Take the Magicite 
from it, and Umaro the sasquatch will fight you. Defeat him with powerful 
attacks, and, after beating him, Mog will forcibly make him join your party! 
When you fight the dragon in the Opera House, equip everyone with a Cherub 
Down relic (which you can buy in Jidoor).

Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy
Path: illuminati.io.com!news.tamu.edu!cs.utexas.edu!usc!crash!hahavais.cts.com!rhal
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Subject: FF3 FAQ part 6
Organization: Don Quixote Windmill & Rockets
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 04:53:27 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]
Sender: [email-masked] (news subsystem)
Nntp-Posting-Host: hahavais.cts.com
Lines: 188

(10)  Mog Lives!
        
        Remember the Moogle Village? Well, return there by going through 
the Narshe Caves. Mog will be there, and he'll join you. Search where he 
was standing for the Moogle Charm (avoids random enemy fights)! Take Mog 
with you, and, in the snowy area, fight the Ice Dragon. Use Fire attacks. 
Fight another enemy in the area and you'll learn the Snowman Jazz. Go to 
the frozen Esper and fight it. Use strong weapon attacks and Fire magic. 
When you thaw it out, you will receive its Magicite, and the cliff will 
break. Have Mog in your party, and jump off. Follow the cave's route, 
and you'll eventually reach a room with a bone carving. Take the Magicite 
from it, and Umaro the sasquatch will fight you. Defeat him with powerful 
attacks, and, after beating him, Mog will forcibly make him join your party! 
When you fight the dragon in the Opera House, equip everyone with a Cherub 
Down relic (which you can buy in Jidoor).

                         ------------------------

(11)  Phoenix Cave
        
        Having Mog in your party, take him to the Phoenix Cave. Put him 
in one of your parties and equip him with the Moogle Charm. You may also 
want to have Umaro, because of his immunity to fire attacks. Follow the 
mazes twists and turns, and notice how most of the chests are empty. Look 
carefully at the ground for difficult-to-see switches. You'll eventually 
end at a dragon (make sure to save your game). Fight the dragon, or, if 
you're weak, leave it for later. Use strong ice attacks. Afterwards, go 
back up and stand on the switch to make the rocks appear. Have the other 
party leap across using the rocks, then head down with both parties. Have 
each stand on one of the 2 switches, and the raised land will lower. Follow 
the path, and you'll find Locke! Enjoy the cinema scene, then take Locke 
to Narshe. Search the weapon shop and the northern shop for the Ragnarok 
Sword/Esper and Cursed Shield. I suggest you take the Esper, and read 
the Secrets section for another way to learn Ultima.

                         ------------------------

(12)  Fanatics' Tower
        
        Go to the Fanatics' Tower with your strongest magic users (or, if 
you wish, include Umaro). You may wish to learn a lot of magic before 
entering, and make sure that everyone knows Osmose. Equip someone with 
the Siren Esper, and have somebody know Life3. Berserk also helps. It is 
also suggested to know the Ultima spell, as it will wipe out even the 
toughest of enemies in a few attacks. Equip strong magic-defending 
equipment, such as Force Armor and the Force Shield. Use the Siren Esper 
to perform an almost 100% working Mute attack! Fight your way to the first 
treasure room, and take the treasure. Then move to the right of the chest, 
walk up, and press A. You'll here a noise. Go out the room and downstairs 
to the new door. Enter and take the Air Anchor (one of Edgar's Tools). 
Then continue your journey up the tower. If you fight a Magic Barrel, DON'T 
KILL IT! Instead, let it heal you until it runs away. You'll fight a 
Dragon, which should be easy with the Ultima spell. At the top of the 
tower, take the Gem Box and equip it on the strongest magic user. When you 
fight the Magi Master, cast Life3 on as many people as possible (but at 
least one). The Magi Master changes what he can be hurt by magicwise, but, 
if you have the Berserk spell, cast it on him to keep him from changing. 
It will be a tough, long battle. However, if you have the Ultima spell, 
USE IT NOW!!! If you cast Life3 on somebody, then you'll win after he uses 
Ultima. Now head back down the tower (easier said than done, unless you 
have the Moogle Charm equipped).

                         ------------------------

(13)  Cyan's Dream
        
        You should be able to make it as far as the Three Dream Stooges on 
your own. Kill the flying one first, as that one can cast Life on the 
others. Once he's down, the rest should be easy. After that, you'll 
continue through Cyan's mind. When you find the Lump of Metal, go up to the 
moving chest and press A to put the metal in the chest, stopping it (you 
won't lose it, though). Flip the switch and study the chests. When you 
find another group of six chests later, enter the same pattern and flip the 
switch to move on. In Magitek Armor, go down, then to the right. Enter 
the cave, than walk out. Fall through the bridge. In Doma Castle, save 
your game, and feel free to walk around, witnessing Cyan's memories of his 
family. Head to the throne room and fight Wrexsoul. When he enters 
somebody's body, either kill each other off one at a time until he appears, 
or use Life3 on everyone and kill the party. After that, either use 
Vanish/X-Zone or use strong fire attacks. You'll end up with a nifty Aura 
sword for Cyan, and he'll learn the final few SwdTech attacks!

                        ------------------------

(14)  Tastes Like Gogo
        
        When on Triangle Island, fight the Zone Eater (the only enemy there), 
and have everyone be engulfed. You'll be in a cave. On the bridges, don't 
touch the green guys or you'll be knocked off (although there are some 
handy treasures down there). Make sure to get the Fake Mustache (changes 
Sketch into Control). Work your way past the deadly falling ceiling room 
(stand under the small openings to avoid being crushed), and you'll 
eventually find Gogo.

                         ------------------------

(15)  Kefka's Tower
        
        Oh no! You have to split up into 3 groups! The pain! The horror! 
Actually, it shouldn't be that hard if your near level 50. Basically, 
work your way through the hordes of enemies. If you're going for the 
Crusader Esper and the valuable Merton spell, defeat the 2 Dragons here. 
You'll have to fight Atma and a machine, whose name I forget. Fight the 3 
statues, saving after each victory. Make sure to equip the Sky Render on 
Cyan, and the Aura Lance on either Mog or Edgar. Then head for Kefka! 
Enjoy the dramatic cinema scene, then fight. Use Pearl, Ultima, and 
basically the strongest magic possible. Have somebody cast Life3 for the 
battle with Kefka, as he casts Fallen One, which makes your HP go down to 1. 
It shouldn't be too difficult.

                        ------------------------
 
(16)  Did You Get These Elusive Items?

The Chainsaw - put in 6:10:50 at the clock in Zozo.
Air Anchor   - press A right of the treasure chest, first room Fanatics' 
               Tower. Go downstairs.
Soul Sabre   - statue in treasure room, engine area of Figaro Castle.
Drainer      - chest in falling house, Tzen.
Illumina     - wager the Ragnarok Sword at Coliseum. Only if you took the 
               sword.
Tiger Fangs  - hidden room, Veldt Cave.
Imp Halberd  - win from Tyrannosaur.
Imp Armor    - steal from Tyrannosaur.
Marvel Shoes - wager Rename Card at Coliseum.
Merit Award  - wager Cat Hood at Coliseum.

                        ------------------------

(17)  A Few More Tips and Secrets
        
        How do you gain levels fast? Well, try fighting in the forest north 
of the Veldt. There you fight Tyrannosaurs, which give you a ton of 
experience!
        
        The best place for Gold AND Magic Points is in the desert south 
of Maranda. There you fight the Cactrot, which gives you 10 Magic Points 
and 10,000 GP!!!
        
        In the forest north of the Veldt (where you fight Tyrannosaurs), 
you'll occasionally fight the dangerous Brachosaur. This fearsome beast can 
cast Ultima! However, when you defeat it, there's a chance of receiving 
the VERY valuable Economizer! This awesome relic lowers all spells 
(and that includes Lore attacks) to only 1 MP!!!
        
        To learn Sabin's Bum Rush Blitz, bring Sabin to Duncan's House.
        
        If you're looking for Umaro, look in the "Mog Lives!" section. 
For Gogo, look under "Tastes Like Gogo."
        
        Check Gogo's Status. Press to the right, and you can pick 3 skills 
that you want him to use! That means he can not only mimic the attacks 
of his comrades, but he can also use Blitzes, Items, Tools, you name it!
        
        Taking the Ragnarok Esper allows you to learn the powerful spell 
Ultima! It has the power of FF2's Meteo, if not stronger!
        
        To face Doom Gaze, you must fly around in your ship until he attacks. 
Remember that he can't regenerate his HP after battle, so if you keep 
fighting him, he'll eventually die! DO NOT use Vanish/X-Zone on him, or you 
won't get the Bahamut Esper!!! Vanish/Doom is just fine.
        
        Many people wonder where the Megalixer is. Well, there are 3 that
appear normally through the game: one after beating the Magi Master, another
in Kefka's Tower, and one when you steal from Kefka. However, to get unlimit-
ed Megalixers, try casting Stop on the scorpion beastes in the desert of the 
Solitary Island, then stealing from them.
        
        To un-curse the Cursed Shield, fight with it in 255 battles. I 
suggest using a Ribbon to stop most of its dangerous effects. After the 
battles it will become the Paladin Shield, which is the most powerful shield 
in the game! It absorbs all elemental attacks, has a near 50% evade rate, 
a VERY high defense rate, and even teaches you Ultima! Of course, you can 
also trade the Cursed Shield in for a Cursed Ring at the Coliseum. After 
255 battles with this, you will get the Paladin Ring, which protects from 
Doom and status changes. It also teaches Ultima!
        
        So, how do you get the Cursed Ring without losing the Cursed Shield? 
Well, try fighting the Veterans or the Didalos of Kefka's Tower! They can be 
found in either of the rooms where you fight the 2 dragons! It may take a 
while, but you'll get a Cursed Ring!
        A very good source (I hope) says that, to find the secret ending, 
you must find every character, every Esper (includes Ragnarok and Raiden), 
and find all of the Paladin equipment (there's some possibly undiscovered).

Thanks and Happy FF3ing!
Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy
Path: illuminati.io.com!news.tamu.edu!cs.utexas.edu!usc!crash!hahavais.cts.com!rhal
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Subject: FF3 FAQ part 7
Organization: Don Quixote Windmill & Rockets
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 04:54:48 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]
Sender: [email-masked] (news subsystem)
Nntp-Posting-Host: hahavais.cts.com
Lines: 356

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                         PART TWO-Monster List
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Seth Hardy                                  
Edited by Wizard 201                                          

This is a monster list for the game Final Fantasy III.
This is what it contains:

MONSTER NAME-The name of the monster as it appears in the game.
MONSTER'S LEVEL-Useful for using spells that pertain to levels.
MONSTER'S HP-How many Hit Points the monster has.
MONSTER'S MP-How many Magic Points the monster has.
MONSTER'S WEAK POINTS-What types of damage the monster is particulary 
vulnerable to.
MONSTER'S ITEMS-What you can get from the monster
(One of two ways: By using Locke's steal ability OR by killing the monster.)
MONSTER'S EXPERIENCE-How much experience you get from the monster (Total)
MONSTER'S GP-How many Gold Pieces you get from the monster.

This list was made by Seth Hardy ([email-masked]). It can be freely 
distributed, as long as:
1.This UNALTERED cover sheet is included with it,
2.I get full credit for it, and 
3.It is not sold for profit. I made this sheet to help everybody, not just
whoever has a spare dollar or two.

I hope this can help everybody. I have worked long and hard on this sheet,
hoping that everybody can make good use of it. This sheet is not yet 100% 
complete. There are many blank places on the list,
for various reasons: (Not having Locke/having Locke and not being able 
to steal/not having anyone who knows SCAN/etc.)
If anybody finds any information that is not on this list, PLEASE SEND 
IT TO ME!!!!! I will immediately put it on my list and after getting 
enough additions, I will upload the newest revision.

I would like to thank Dr. Gamewiz on AOL for encouraging me enough to 
finally get started on this, because I was putting making it off for 
quite a while. Because of his encouragement, I finally got started and 
here it is!!!!

Well, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any comments/ideas/input, just E-Mail me.

--Seth Hardy ([email-masked])

ENEMY           LVL  HP     MP     WEAK            STEAL           EXP.  GP.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Class       11   180    25     Poison          Tonic           117   112
Abolisher       24   860    82     None            Antidote        485   525
Actaneon        12   230    98     Fire, bolt      Potion          57    125
Adamyncht       24   1305   50     None                            1449  189
Air Force       25   8000   750    Bolt, water     Elixir          0     0
Allosaurus      38   3000   300    Fire, pearl     None            951   731
Allo Ver        19   8000   8000   Fire, pearl                     0     0
Anemone         33   2000   100    Fire            Green Cherry    1000  550
Anguiform       13   315    150    Bolt                            96    358
Apokryphos      26   1900   195    Bolt,pearl,water                1200  525
Apparite        20   781    60     Ice, pearl      Revivify
Areneid         6    87     15     Ice, water      Tonic           36    94
Aspik           12   220    330    Fire                            48    115
Atma Weapon     37   24000  5000   None            Elixir          0     0
Balloon         22   555    80     Ice, water      Fenix Down      369   300
Barb-e          39   3062   198    Poison          None
Baskervor       22   750    100    None            Potion          464   458
B.Day Suit
Beakor          11   290    30     Fire            Eyedrop         108   135
Behemoth        26   5800   180    Ice                             2052  0
Black Dragon    26   4000   600    Fire, Pearl     Revivify        780   502
Bloompire       26   12     400    Fire            Smoke Bomb      510   896
Blue Drgn       65   26900  3800   Bolt            Scimitar        0     0
Bogy            29   1318   100    None            Potion          532   1200
Bomb                                                               35    80
Borras          35   4771   590    Poison          Potion          2952  2500
Bounty Man                                         Potion          114   55
Boxed Set       45   4020   105    Pearl                           1504  465
Brainpan        25   1300   1000   Fire,bolt,pearl                 550   600
Brawler         9    137    100    Ice                             78    84
Brontaur        50   10050  12850  Ice             Economizer      1500  1200
Buffalax        26   2252   218    Fire, water     Diamond Vest    562   458
Bug             16   310    20     Ice, water      Soft            164   210
Cactrot              3
Cadet                                                                    144
Cephaler        21   2237    100   None            Potion          214   280
Ceritops        33   2000    100   Fire            None
Chadarnook      37   56000   9400  Fire                            0     0
Chaos Drgn      44   9013    1300  Ice                             4880  1000
Chaser          19   1202    140   Bolt, water     Bio Blaster     690   380
ChickenLip      18   545     155   Ice             Tonic           190   279
Chitonid        26   1111    60    Bolt            Potion                  
Chimera         22   1237    100   None                            1143  760
Ciripus         10   134     100   None            Antidote        82    102
Coelecite       20   480     15    Ice             Antidote
Commander       10   102     50    Poison          Tonic           85    153
Commando        18   580     35    Bolt, water     Tent            252   273
Covert          44   4580    240   Pearl           Shuriken        
Crane           23   1800    447   Water                           0     0
CrassHoppr      11   243     80    Fire, wind      Potion          89    145
Crawler         51   3200    620   Ice             Remedy          1456  1224
Crawly          7    122     0     Fire            Tonic,Remedy    71    120
Critic          40   1200    330   None            None
Cruller         28   1334    100   Fire, pearl     Tonic           464   595
Crusher         36   2095    340   Fire
Curley          47   15000   2000  Ice, water                      0     0
Dahling         37   3580    500   Poison                          1150  1260
Daladuma                                           Head Band       0     712
Dante           28   1945    200   Poison                          1150  712
Dark Force      55   8940    700   Pearl
Dark Side       13   255     85    Fire, pearl     Tonic           165   138
Dark Wind       5    34      0     Fire            Tonic           14    41
Deep Eye        28   1334    100   Fire
Delta Bug       26   612     80    Fire            Sleeping Bag    288   211
Didalos         59   12280   100   Fire, pearl
Dirt Drgn       53   28500   16500 Wind, water     Magus Rod       0     0
Displayer       38   3826    1327  Fire, pearl     Warp Stone      1510  393
Doom Gaze       68   55555   38000 Fire, pearl     Mag. Bahamut    0     0
Dragon          29   7000    850   Bolt            Potion          2931  0
Drop            27   1000    80    Bolt, water     Tincture        398   427
Dueller         53   7200    1600  Bolt, water
Dullahan        37   23450   1721  Fire                            0     0
EarthGuard      23   1       18    Water           Megalixir       1     0
Eland           37   2470    145   Bolt
Enou            46   4635    280   Pearl           X-Potion        1428  968
Evil Oscar      56   7000    500   Fire            Warp Stone      2800  1320
Exocite         11   196     100   Fire, bolt      Tonic           162   153
Exoray          29   1200    112   Fire, pearl     Nothing         549   370
Fidor                                                              160   164
Figaliz         45   4220    140   Ice                             1218  554
Flame Eater     26   8400    480   Ice
Flan            19   255     110   Fire            Tonic           160   120
Fortis          54   9800    700   Bolt, water                     7000  1000
Fossil Fang     20   1399    219   F/I/Pearl,water Revivify        382   1860
Gabbldegak      15   350     20    Poison          Eyedrop         104   126
Garm            19   615     45    Bolt, water     Tonic                 343
Geckorex        54   5000    1020  Ice                             75    1120
General         19   650     30    Poison          Tonic           232   308
Ghost           10   226     70    Fire, pearl                     48    75
Ghost Train                                        Tent            0     0
Gilomantis      26   1412    110   Fire                                  756
Gigan Toad      26   458     20    Ice             None                    
Gigantos        25   6000    1120  Poison                          7548  0
GloomShell      41   2905    175   Ice                             1096  421
Gobbler
Goblin          46   5555    1150  Pearl           MithrilGlove    2188  960
Gold Bear       13   275     0     None            Tonic           160   185
GreaseMonk      8    132     100   Poison          Tonic           52    256
Grenade         17   3000    500   Ice, water
Grunt                                                                    48
GtBehemoth      58   11000   700   None
Guard           5    40      15    Poison          Tonic           48    48
HadesGigas      16   1200    60    Poison          DragonBoots     550   600
Harpiai         29   1418    100   Wind                            450  909
Harpy           42   3612    233   None                            1994  1221
Harvester       16   428     85    Poison          Gggls,BarrierR  290   314
Hazer                                                              34    101
Heavy Armor                                                        78    195
Hermit Crab     26   305     35    Water                           267   400
Hemophyte       56   6800    1600  None
Hipocampus      37   2444    82    Fire, pearl
Hornet          6    92      0     Fire            Tonic           48    64
Humpty          27   800     100   Fire, pearl     Green Cherry    421   326
Ice Dragon      74   24400   9000  Fire            Force Shield    0     0
Ifrit                                              None            0     0
Ing             21   1100    50    Pearl, water                    740   442
Innoc           52   6600    390   Bolt, water     Bio Blaster
Intangir        26   32000   16000 None            None            0     0
Io              39   7862    1550  Bolt,pearl,water                3252  1995
Ipooh                                              Potion          0     0
Iron Fist       15   333     65    None            Tonic,MthrlKnf  144   249
Iron Hitman     52   2000    800   Bolt, water                     2000  700
Joker           17   467     90    Bolt, poison    Tonic,MthrlRod  194   320
Junk                 2000
Karkass         43   3850    185   Fire, Pearl     MithrilBlade    1399  826
KatanaSoul      61   37620   7400  Poison          Murasame        0     30000
Kefka (Gate)                                       None            0     0
Kefka (ImpBase)                                    None            0     0
Kefka (Narshe)                                     Peace Ring      0     0
Kefka (Thamasa)                                    None            0     0
Kiwok           33   2000    100   Ice             None
L.10 Magic      48   1000    300   Fire, pearl     Tincture        0     0
L.20 Magic      51   2000    500   None            Tincture        0     0
L.30 Magic      54   3000    700   Poison          Tincture        0     0
L.40 Magic      55   4000    1000  Bolt            Tincture        0     0
L.50 Magic      57   5000    2000  Fire, pearl     Tincture        0     0
L.60 Magic      58   6000    5000  Fire            Tincture        0     0
L.70 Magic      56   7000          Ice/water       Tincture        0     0
L.80 Magic      53   8000          Poison          Tincture        0     0
L.90 Magic      55   9000    9000  None            Tincture        0     0
Land Worm       59   12000   1300  Ice                             4600  0
Larry           47   10000   2000  Fire                            0     0
Laser Gun       23   884     232   None            X-Ether         0     0
Leader                                             Black Belt      0     50
Leafer          5    33      0     Fire            Tonic           24    45
Left Blade      22   700     470   None                            0     0
Lethal Wpn      47   9200    1956  Bolt,Water      Debilitator     5848  1189
Lich            20   590     90    Pearl           Green Cherry
Lizard          26   1280    70    Ice                             296   356
Lobo            5    27      5     Fire            Tonic           9     30
Lunaris         26   582     25    None            Potion          308   247
Luridan         34   2079    122   Fire, wind                      707   1000
Madam           53   8150    900   Poison
Mad Oscar       30   2900    980   Fire            X-Potion        780   2292
Magic Urn       31   100     10000 None            Tonic
Mag Roader(P,L) 19   420     100   Fire            Bolt/Water Edge 308   277
Mag Roader(R,S) 18   250     100   Ice             BoltEdge,FrSkn  264   300
Mag Roader(Y,L) 32   1777    100   None                            621   352
Mag Roader(Y,S) 32   1380    70    None                            647   284
Maliga          26   952     100   Ice,Bolt,Water  Tonic           360   576
Mandrake        23   1150    104   Fire            Remedy,Potion   378   450
Mantodea        54   4500    420   Fire                                  501
Mega Armor      21   1000    50    Bolt, water     Potion          348   0
Marshal         8    420     150   Poison          MithrilKnife    103   350
Merchant                                           Plumed Hat 
Mesosaur        26   1112    130   Ice             Antidote        459   456
Mind Candy      15   290     100   Fire, wind      Soft            128   168
Misfit          26   1750    140   Fire, pearl                     750   786
Missile Bay     25   3000    7000  Bolt, water                     0     0
Moe             47   12500   2000  None                            0     0
Mover           51   120     10500 None            Magicite        1500  0
M-TekArmor                                         Tonic           0     0
Muus            28   900     100   None                            190   487
Nastidon        32   1877    100   Fire            Potion          695   298
Naughty         24   3000    195   Fire,bolt,pearl None            0     0
Nautiloid       11   236     100   Fire, bolt      Tonic           214   173
NeckHunter      28   1334    150   Poison          Dark Hood       588   1330
Necromancer     48   3525    900   Fire, pearl                     1509  791
Nerapa          26   2800    280   Ice,bolt,pearl                  0     0
Ninja           2    1650    130   Pearl                           692   520
Nohrabbit       26   75      200   Water           Remedy
Number 024      24   4777    777   None            RnEdge,FlameSw  0     0
Number 128      23   3276    810   None            Tent            0     0
Officer                                            Tonic           33    66
Ogor            44   4211    219   Bolt, poison    Ashura Knife
Opinicus        38   3210    514   Fire, pearl     Warp Stone      1270  519
Osprey          26   850     100   Ice             None            248   596
Osteosaur       30   1584    143   Fire, pearl                     770   542
Outsider        18   8058    400   Pearl
Over Grunk      15   492     100   Fire            Potion          216   365
Over-Mind                                          Green Cherry    64    228
Pan Dora                                           None
Parasite        39   1000    230   Fire            None            456   461
Parasoul        47   2077    500   Ice                             1622  674
Peepers         23   1       19    Ice,water       Elixir          2     0
Phase           47   4550    1700  Ice                             2600  890
Phunbaba        31   28000   10000 Poison                          0     0
Pipsqueak       18   250     50    Bolt, water     Tonic           115   100
Pirahna                                            Tonic           0     0
PlutoArmor      39   2850    220   Bolt, water
Pm Stalker      26   265     190   Fire, pearl                     258   491
Poppers         33   1000    100   Fire,poisn,wnd  None            800   350
Power Demon     29   2058    360   Fire, pearl     Diamond Vest    484   385
Presenter       31   4845    1600  Fire                            0     1000
PresenterShell  19   9230    1600  Fire                            0     0
Primordite      11   145     10    Bolt            Eyedrop         90    115
Prometheus      56   14500   2050  Bolt, water                     5200  2600
ProtoArmor      19   670     125   Bolt            Potion          498   296
Prussian        41   3300    188   None            Full Moon       1396  773
Psychot         32   900     55    Ice             Tonic           347   275
Pterodon        12   380     70    Fire            MithrilKnife    464   325
Pugs            99   14001   11000 Fire                            0     0
Pulbhan         37   23450   1721  Fire
Punisher        35   2191    136   Poison          Rising Sun      1242  3000
Rain Man        39   2722    180   Ice,pearl,water None            890   485
Ralph           17   620     10    None            Tonic           254   345
Reach Frog      52   3511    220   Ice             TackStar,Pot.   6200  2600
Red Fang        14   325     20    None            Tonic           134   185
Red Wolf        32   1510    110   None            Tonic           687   412
Repo Man        5    35      0     Poison          Tonic           25    25
Retainer        59   7050    2600  Poison
Rhinotaur                                          Tonic
Rhinox          19   800     35    None                            592   400
Rhobite         10   135     40    Water           Tonic, Potion   53    10
Rhodox          7    119     100   None            Antidote        59    80
Rhyos           36   7191    354                                         1889
Rider                                              Remedy          400   1290
Right Blade     21   400     150   None                            0     0
Rinn            11   110     35    Fire, pearl     Tonic
Rizopas                                            Remedy          0     0
Samurai         40   3000    500   Poison          None            1544  791
Sand Horse      27   1025    100   Ice, water                      474   726
Sand Ray        6    67      10    Ice, water      Antidote        41    54
Scorpion        26   290     19    None                            199   336
Scrapper        34   1759    68    None
Scullion        57   27000   9000  Bolt, water
Sea Flower      47   4200    200   Ice, bolt                       1315  670
Sewer Rat       16   299     20    Fire            Potion          108   156
Shiva                                              None            0     0
Sky Armor       24   900     170   Bolt, wind      Tincture        350   400
Sky Base        52   6000    550   Bolt, water
Sky Cap         40   3262    200   Bolt,wind,water 
Slatter         37   2600    97    Pearl           Warp Stone      830   415
Slurm           23   505     20    Fire            Potion          232   270
Soldier         11   100     15    Poison          Potion
Soul Dancer     22   2539    100   Poison
Soul Saver      41   3066    566   Ice             None            0     0
Speck                                                              0     0
Spectre         13   235     120   Fire, pearl     Tonic
Spek Tor        50   250     20    Water
Sp Forces       21   700     20    Poison          Tonic
Spit Fire       25   1400    180   Bolt, wind      Tincture        550   300
Sprinter        53   4500    350   Bolt            None
SrBehemoth(Gry) 43   19000   1600  Fire, poison    Jewel Ring      0     0
SrBehemoth(Org) 49   19000   9999  Fire, poison    Behemoth Suit   0     0
StillGoing                                         Potion          54    135
Still Life      37   4889    390   Fire                            2331  1524
Storm Dragon    42   42000   1250  Bolt            Force Armor     0     0
Stray Cat       10   156     30    None                            206   90
Suriander       40   2912    228   Pearl           None
Tap Dancer      43   4452    270   Poison          Dirk            
Templar         11   205     150   Poison          Tonic
Tentacle        32   6000    700   Fire                            0     0
Test Rider      32   3100    220   Poison          Partisan        1944  520
Toe Cutter      36   2500    187   Fire, wind      Poison Rod      1752  726
Tomb Thumb      33   2000    100   Bolt, water     None
Trapper         19   555     80    Bolt, water                     235   200
Trilium         9    147     100   Fire            Tonic
Trilobiter                                         Antidote        104   65
Tritoch         62   30000   50000 Fire                            0     0
Trixter         49   3815    9900  Pearl                           1698  826
Trooper         13   255     60    Poison          Tonic           90    96
TunnelArmr                                         Air Lancet      0     250
Tusker          10   270     100   Fire            Tonic           162   102
Tyranosaur      57   12770   420   Ice                             8800  0
Ultros (Cave)                                      None            0     0
Ultros (River)                                     None            0     0
Ultros (Opera)                                     None            0     2
Umaro           33   17200   6990  Fire, poison                    0     10
Urobros         48   50      760   Ice             Tonic           1778  390
Ursus           34   2409    74    Fire                            882   2000
Vargas                                             MithrilClaw     0     0
Vaporite        5    15      0     Fire, pearl     Tonic           23    29
Vectaur         59   2800    180   Ice, water      Ninja Star      1400  350
Vector Pup      11   166     10    Fire            Tonic
Vermin          16   499     40    Ice             Potion          144   235
Veteran         57   10000   300   None
Vindr           36   885     87    Fire                            652   497
Vomammoth       1    115     30    Fire            Tonic           50    90
Vulture         15   412     60    Wind            Potion          160   485
Warlock         38   1300    1250  Bolt, poison    Warp Stone
Wart Puck       44   3559    330   Fire            Flail                 1169
WeedFeeder      17   480     20    Fire, wind      Antidote,EchoS  278   234
Were-Rat        4    24      0     Fire            Tonic           21    22
Whelk                                              Potion          0     0
Whisper         12   230     90    Fire, pearl     Soft            42    145
Wild Cat        36   1115    78    Fire, water
Wild Rat        12   160     10    Fire                            201   203
Wirey Drgn      26   2802    200   None                            895   1300
Wizard          32   1677    200   Bolt, poison                    587   388
Woolly          43   3609    300   Fire            Imperial Dagger 1385  1652
WrexSoul        53   23066   5066  Ice                             0     0
Wyvern          18   892     95    Ice             Tonic           483   434
Zombone         21   1991    160   Fire, pearl     Fenix Down      1072  309
Zone Eater      61   7700    57000 Pearl                           2000  2000

Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy
Path: illuminati.io.com!news.tamu.edu!cs.utexas.edu!usc!crash!hahavais.cts.com!rhal
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Subject: FF3 FAQ part 8
Organization: Don Quixote Windmill & Rockets
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 04:56:08 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]
Sender: [email-masked] (news subsystem)
Nntp-Posting-Host: hahavais.cts.com
Lines: 219

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     PART THREE-Miscellaneous Tips
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
By King Kung, Neldog, Wizard 201, 
JonN2000 and Tommy J L
Edited by Wizard 201 and JonN2000

COLOSSEUM LIST

Item to Wager           Item you Win            Enemy you Battle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fenix Down              Magicite                Cactrot
Elixir                  Rename Card             Cactrot
Rename Card             Marvel Shoes            Doom Dragon
Megalixir               Tintinabar              Siegfried
Valiant Knife           Assasin                 Woolly
Striker*                ?????????               Chupon or Shadow
Stunner                 Strato                  Test Rider
Assasin                 Sword Breaker           Test Rider
Break Blade             Break Blade             Lethal Wpn
Thief Knife             Thief Glove             Wart Puck
Graedus                 Dirk                    Karkass
Strato                  Pearl Lance             Aquila
Murasame                Aura                    Borras
Aura                    Strato                  Rhyos
Hardened                Murasame                Phase
Stunner                 Strato                  Test Rider
Sky Render              Aura Lance              Scullion
Falchion                Flame Shield            Outsider
Ragnarok                Illumina                Didalos
Illumina                Schimitar               Scullion
Schimitar               Ogre Nix                Covert
Flame Saber             Ogre Nix                Evil Oscar
Thunder Blade           Ogre Nix                Steroidite
Blizzard                Ogre Nix                Scullion
Ogre Nix                Soul Sabre              Sr Behemoth
Atma Weapon             Graedus                 Gt Behemoth
Soul Sabre              Falchion                Opinicus
Crystal                 Enhancer                Borras
Imp Halberd             Cat Hood                Allosaurus
Pearl Lance             Strato                  Sky Base
Aura Lance              Sky Render              Land Worm
Heal Rod                Magus Rod               Pug
Punisher                Gravity Rod             Opinicus
Magus Rod               Strato                  Allosaurus
Rainbow Brush           Gravity Rod             Test Rider
Ninja Star              Tack Star               Chaos Dragon
Tack Star               Rising Sun              Opinicus
Wing Edge               Sniper                  Rhyos
Sniper                  Bone Club               Borras
Rising Sun              Bone Club               Allosaurus
Bone Club               Red Jacket              Test Rider
Trump                   Trump                   Allosaurus
Doom Darts              Bone Club               Opinicus
Fixed Dice              Fire Knuckle            Trixter
Fire Knuckle            Fire Knuckle            Tumbleweed
Dragon Claw             Sniper                  Test Rider
Tiger Fangs             Fire Knuckle            Mantodea
Force Shield            Thornlet                Dark Force
Flame Shield            Ice Shield              Iron Hitman
Aegis Shield            Tortoise Shield         Borras
Ice Shield              Flame Shield            Innoc
Thunder Shield          Genji Shield            Outsider
Genji Shield            Thunder Shield          Retainer
Cursed Shield           Cursed Ring             Didelous
Paladin Shield          Force Shield            Hemophyte
Tortoise Shield         Titanium                Steroidite
Thornlet                Mirage Vest             Opinicus
Titanium                Cat Hood                Brachosaur
Cat Hood                Merit Award             Hoover
Genji Helmet            Crystal Helmet          Fortis
Red Cap                 Coronet                 Rhyos
Coronet                 Regal Crown             Evil Oscar
Mirage Vest             Red Jacket              Vectagoyle
Red Jacket              Red Jacket              Vectagoyle
Force Armor             Force Armor             Sr Behemoth
Tao Robe                Tao Robe                Test Rider
Crystal Mail            Ice Shield              Covert
Minerva                 Czarina Gown            Pug
Czarina Gown            Minerva                 Sky Base
Genji Armor             Air Anchor              Borras
Tabby Suit              Chocobo Suit            Vectaur
Chocobo Suit            Moogle Suit             Veteran
Moogle Suit             Nutkin Suit             Madam
Nutkin Suit             Genji Armor             Opinicus
Behemoth Suit           Snow Muffler            Outsider
Snow Muffler            Charm Bangle            Retainer
Air Anchor              Zephyr Cape             Brontaur
Cursed Ring             Force Shield            Brachosaur
Paladin Ring            Gold Hairpin            Borras
Rage Ring               Blizzard Orb            Allosaurus
Blizzard Orb            Rage Ring               Allosaurus
Marvel Shoes            Tintinabar              Tyranosaur
Moogle Charm            Charm Bangle            Outsider
Relic Ring              Charm Bangle            Sky Base
Charm Bangle            Dragon Horn             Retainer
Gauntlet                Thunder Shield          Vectagoyle
Genji Glove             Thunder Shield          Hemophyte
Sneak Ring              Thief Glove             Tap Dancer
Thief Glove             Dirk                    Harpy
Pod Bracelet            Hero Ring               Hemophyte
Hero Ring               Pod Bracelet            Rhyos
Gem Box                 Economizer              Sr Behemoth
Economizer              Dragon Horn             Vectagoyle
Ribbon                  Gold Hairpin            Rhyos
Gold Hairpin            Dragon Horn             Evil Oscar
Muscle Belt             Crystal Orb             Allosaurus
Merit Award             Rename Card             Rhyos
Crystal Orb             Gold Hairpin            Borras
Dragon Horn             Gold Hairpin            Ogre

* - If you saved Shadow, the Striker earns you a Striker and Shadow.  If 
you left Shadow, you get nothing.

Final Fantasy as a Multiplayer Game
-----------------------------------
To use multiplayer mode, you go to the config screen and change it from 
single to multi, then hit A and assign to the controllers. It only works 
for the battles though, not the regular gameplay. 

Original Names in FF6 (Japanese Version of FF3)
-----------------------------------------------
These are the original character names:

   US - FF3       Japan - FF6
---------------------------------
 1. Locke           Lock *
 2. Terra           Tina *
 3. Celes           Celes
 4. Cyan            Cayenne *
 5. Sabin           Mash *
 6. Edgar           Edgar
 7. Setzer          Setzar *
 8. Strago          Straggus *
 9. Relm            Relm
10. Mog             Mog
11. Gogo            Gogo
12. Umaro           Uumaro *
13. Shadow          Shadow
14. Gau             Gau

* - Denotes ones that were changed, some just to accomodate 6-letter
    name limit.

Special Character Notes
-----------------------
Edgar can use 8 "tools" in battle: autocrossbow, drill, bio blast,
debilitator, flash, chainsaw, noise blaster and air anchor.  Many
of these can be bought in Edgar's castle, South Figaro.

Sabin has special control pad techniques that are issued when the
"blitz" command is invoked.  Select "blitz", input the code and then
press A to continue.

     Pummel         =    L,R,L
     Mantra (heals) =    R,L,R,L,X,Y
     AuraBolt       =    D,DL,L
     Air Blade      =    U,UR,L,DR,D,DL,L (clockwise "roll")
     Suplex         =    X,Y,D,U
     Spiraler       =    R,L,X,Y,R,L
     Fire Dance     =    L,DL,D,DR,R (counter-clockwise "roll")
     Bum Rush       =    L,UL,U,UR,R,DR,D,DL,L
                         (total clockwise circle)

Cyan uses a special "sword technique" that must be "powered up"
when selected.

Controlling the Different Modes of Transporation
------------------------------------------------
Key:

L = left on control pad
R = right on control pad
U = up on control pad
D = down on control pad

UR = up/right diagnol
DR = down/right diagnol
DL = down/left diagnol
UL = up/left diagnol

LB = left button on top of control pad
RB = right button on top of control pad

A,B,X,Y = control buttons

Riding Chocobos
---------------

U = move forward
L or R = turn

A = move forward
B = dismount (Chocobo returns to stable)

Airship
-------

U or D = adjust height
L or R = turn

A = move forward
B = leave airship

X = switch to view inside airship
Y = turn airship when it's not moving

LB or RB = highspeed turns

Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy
Path: illuminati.io.com!news.tamu.edu!cs.utexas.edu!usc!crash!hahavais.cts.com!rhal
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Subject: FF3  FAQ part 9
Organization: Don Quixote Windmill & Rockets
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 04:57:00 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]
Sender: [email-masked] (news subsystem)
Nntp-Posting-Host: hahavais.cts.com
Lines: 286

Items list
----------                               
Name:           Description:
_________________________________________________________________

Rename Card     Allows you to rename the characters at anytime
Tonic           Recovers 50 HP
Potion          Recovers 250 HP
X-Potion        Recovers HP to 100%
Tincture        Recovers 50 MP
Ether           Recovers 150 MP
X-Ether         Recovers MP to 100%
Elixir          Recovers HP&MP to 100%
Megalixir       Recovers party's HP&MP to 100%
Fenix Down      Recovers the wounded
Revivity        Cures "Zombie" status
Antidote        Cures "Poison" status
Eyedrop         Cures "Dark" status
Soft            Cures "Petrify" status
Remedy          Cures status alignment except Zombie
Sleeping Bag    Recovers HP&MP to 100%
Tent            Recovers party's HP&MP to 100%
Green Cherry    Cures "Imp" status
Magicite        Summon random espers
Superball       Bounding damage
Echo Screen     Cures "Mute" status
Smoke Bomb      Let party escape from battle
Warp Stone      Same effect as "Warp"
Dried Meat      Eat when hungry 
Shadow Edge     Spread shadows across battle field
Fire Skean      Fire attack
Inviz Edge      Makes invisible thrower of it
Water Skean     Water attack
Thunder Edge    Thunder Blast

WEAPONS
-------
Abbreviations:
RN:= Runic                
2H:= 2-hand
ST:= Swdtech
VG:= Vigor
SP:= Speed
ST:= Stamina
MG:= Mag.Pwr
BP:= Batl.Pwr
DF:= Defense
EV:= Evade 
MD:= Mag. Defense
MK:= M.Block

Name:           Description:(RN/2H/ST/VG/SP/ST/MG/BP/EV/MK)
_________________________________________________________________

DIRK:
Dirk            (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/26/0/0)
Mithril Knife   (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/30/0/0)
Guardian        Rndly evades enemy (y/y/n/4/0/0/0/59/10/0)
Air Lancet      Wind-Elemental (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/76/0/0)
Thief Knife     Rndly steal enemy's item (y/y/n/0/3/0/0/88/10/10)
Assassin        Rndly dispatch enemy (y/y/n/0/3/0/2/106/10/0)
Man Eater       Double damage to human target (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/146/10/0)
Swordbreaker    Rndly evades and enemy attack (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/164/30/0)
Gradeus         Pearl-Elemental (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/204/10/0)
Valiant Knife   Gain powers as HP decreases (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/145/10/0)
Imperial        (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/82/0/0)
Kodachi         (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/93/0/0)
Blossom         (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/112/0/0)
Hardened        (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/121/0/0)
Striker         Rndly dispatch enemy (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/190/0/0)
Stunner         Rndly cast "Stop" (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/220/0/0)

SWORDS:
Mithril Blade   (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/38/0/0)
Regal Cutter    (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/54/0/0)
Rune Edge       Consume MP to inflict mortal blow (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/55/10/0)
Flame Saber     Rndly cast "Fire" (y/y/y/0/0/0/2/108/0/0)
Blizzard        Rndly cast "Ice" (y/y/y/0/0/0/2/108/0/0)
Thunder Blade   Rndly cast "Bolt" (y/y/y/0/0/0/2/108/0/0)
Epee            (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/98/0/0)
Break Blade     Rndly cast "Break" (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/117/0/0)
Drainer         Absorb damage as HP (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/121/10/0)
Enchanter       Mag pwr up (y/y/y/0/0/0/7/135/10/20)
Crystal         (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/167/0/0)
Falchion        (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/176/10/0)
Soul Sabre      Absorb dmg as MP, rndly cast "Doom" (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/???/10/0)
Ogre Nix        Use MP to inflict mortal blow, may break if luck is bad
                (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/182/0/0)
Excalibur       Pearl-Elemental sword (y/y/y/2/2/1/1/217/20/0)
Scimitar        Rndly dices up an enemy (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/208/0/0)
Illumina        Legendary sword (y/y/y/7/7/7/7/255/50/50)
Raganarok       Rndly cast "Flare" (y/y/y/7/3/7/7/255/30/30)
Atma Weapon     Transform at level up, grows stronger as HP is increases
                (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/???/0/0)

LANCES:
Mithril Pike    (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/70/0/0)
Trident         (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/93/0/0)
Short Spear     (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/112/0/0)
Partisan        (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/150/0/0)
Pearl Lance     Rndly cast "Pearl" (y/y/n/0/0/0/3/194/0/0)
Gold Lance      (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/139/0/0)
Aura Lance      (y/y/n/3/2/1/3/227/0/0)
Imp Halberd     ??? if equiped while an Imp (y/y/n/0/0/0/0/253/0/0)

KNIVES:
Ashura          (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/57/0/0)
Kotetsu         (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/66/0/0)
Forged          (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/81/0/0)
Tempest         Rndly cast "Wind Slash" (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/101/0/0)
Murasame        (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/110/10/0)
Aura            (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/162/0/0)
Strato          (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/199/0/0)
Slayrender      (y/y/y/0/0/0/0/215/20/0)

RODS:
Heal Rod        Recovers target HP (n/y/n/0/0/0/0/200/0/0)
Mithril         (n/y/n/0/0/0/2/60/0/0)
Fire Rod        Cast "Fire2" when use as item, breaks (n/y/n/0/0/0/0/79/0/0)
Ice Rod         Cast "Ice2" when use as item, breaks (n/y/n/0/0/0/0/79/0/0)
Thunder Rod     Cast "Bolt2" when use as item, breaks (n/y/n/0/0/0/0/79/0/0)
Poison Rod      Cast "Poison" when use as item, breaks (n/y/n/0/0/0/0/86/0/0)
Pearl Rod       Cast "Pearl" when use as item, breaks (n/y/n/0/0/0/0/124/0/0)
Gravity Rod     Cast "Quartr" when use as item, breaks (n/y/n/0/0/0/0/120/0/0)
Punisher        Use MP to inflict mortal blow (n/y/n/0/0/0/0/111/0/0)
Magnus Rod      Mag pwr up (y/y/n/0/0/0/7/168/0/30)

BRUSH:
Chocobo Brush   (n/y/n/0/0/0/1/60/0/0)
DaVinci Brush   (n/y/n/0/1/0/1/100/0/0)
Magical Brush   (n/y/n/0/1/1/1/130/0/0)
Rainbow Brush   (n/y/n/1/2/1/2/146/0/0)

STARS:
Shuriken        Use with throw command (n/y/n/0/0/0/0/86/0/0)
Ninja Star      Use with throw command (n/y/n/0/0/0/0/132/0/0)
Tack Star       Use with throw command (n/y/n/0/0/0/0/190/0/0)

KEY: (VG/SP/ST/MG/DF/EV/MD/MK)

SHIELDS:
Aegis Shld  : Rndly evades magic att. (0/0/0/0/46/+20/52/+40)
Buckler     :                         (0/0/0/0/16/+10/10/0)
Crystal Shld:                         (0/0/0/0/50/+10/34/0)
Cursed Shld : Curse does bad things   (-7/-7/-7/-7/0/0/0/0/0)
Diamond Shld:                         (0/0/0/0/40/+10/27/0)
Flame Shld  : Abs. fire, teach Fire2  (0/0/0/0/41/+20/28/+10)
Force Shld  : 50% magic damage, teach Shell  (0/0/0/0/0/0/70/+50)
Genji Shld  :                         (0/0/0/0/54/+20/50/+20)
Gold Shld   :                         (0/0/0/0/34/+10/23/0)
Heavy Shld  :                         (0/0/0/0/22/+10/14/0)
Ice Shld    : Abs. ice, teach Ice2    (0/0/0/0/42/+20/28/+10)
Mithril Shld:                         (0/0/0/0/27/+10/18/0)
Paladin Shld: Teach Ultima, abs/blk magic  (0/0/0/0/59/+40/59/+40)
Thunder Shld: Abs. thunder, teach Bolt2  (0/0/0/0/43/+20/28/+10)
TortoiseShld: ??? while an Imp, teach Imp (0/0/0/0/66/+30/66/+30)

HELMETS:
Bandana     :                         (0/0/0/0/16/0/16/0)
Bard's Hat  : Raises MP a little      (0/0/0/0/19/0/21/+10)
Beret       : Raises Sketch success   (0/0/0/+3/21/0/21/0)
Cat Hood    : Picks up more GP, 50% mag. damage (0/+2/0/+4/33/+10/33/+10)
Circlet     :                         (+2/+1/+3/+4/25/0/19/0)
Coronet     : Raises Control success  (0/+2/0/+4/23/0/23/0)
Crystal Helm:                         (0/0/0/0/29/0/19/0)
Dark Hood   :                         (0/0/0/0/26/0/17/0)
Diamond Helm:                         (0/0/0/0/27/0/18/0)
Genji Helmet:                         (0/0/0/0/36/0/38/0)
Gold Helmet :                         (0/0/0/0/22/0/15/0)
Green Beret : Raises HP a little      (0/0/0/0/19/+10/13/0)
Hair Band   :                         (0/0/0/0/12/0/8/0)
Head Band   :                         (+3/+1/+2/0/16/0/10/0)
Iron Helmet :                         (0/0/0/0/18/0/12/0)
Leather Hat :                         (0/0/0/0/11/0/7/0)
Magus Hat   :                         (0/0/0/+5/15/0/16/0)
Mithril Helm:                         (0/0/0/0/20/0/13/0)
Mystery Veil:                         (0/+1/0/+3/24/0/25/+10)
Oath Veil   :                         (0/0/0/0/32/0/31/0) 
Plumed Hat  :                         (0/0/0/0/14/0/9/0)
Red Cap     : HP up 1/4               (+4/+3/+2/0/24/0/17/0)
Regal Crown :                         (+1/+1/+1/+1/28/0/23/0)
Thornlet    : Continuous damage, high def. (0/0/0/0/38/0/0/0)
Tiara       :                         (0/0/0/+2/22/0/20/0)
Tiger Mask  :                         (+3/+2/+1/0/21/0/13/0)
Titanium    : ??? while an Imp, teach Imp (0/0/0/0/42/0/42/0)

ARMOR:
BehemothSuit:                         (+6/+6/+6/+6/94/0/73/0)
Chocobo Suit: Blocks Poison           (+3/+6/+2/+0/56/0/38/0)
Cotton Robe :                         (0/0/0/0/32/0/21/0)
Crystal Mail:                         (0/0/0/0/72/0/49/0)
Czarina Gown:                         (+1/+2/+2/+3/70/0/64/0)
Dark Gear   :                         (0/+6/0/0/68/0/46/0)
DiamondArmor:                         (0/0/0/0/70/0/47/0)
Diamond Vest:                         (0/0/0/0/65/0/44/0)
Force Armor : 50% mag. damage         (0/0/0/0/69/0/68/+30)
Gaia Gear   : Abs. earth              (0/0/0/0/53/0/43/0)
Genji Armor :                         (+5/+3/+2/+3/90/0/80/0)
Gold Armor  :                         (0/0/0/0/55/0/37/0)
Imp's Armor : ??? while an Imp, teach Imp (0/0/0/0/100/0/100/0)
Iron Armor  :                         (0/-2/0/0/40/0/27/0)
Kung Fu Suit:                         (0/0/0/0/34/0/23/0)
LeatherArmor:                         (0/0/0/0/28/0/19/0)
Light Robe  :                         (0/0/0/+2/60/0/43/0)
Minerva     : MP up 1/4, blocks magic (+1/+2/+1/+4/88/0/70/+10)
Mirage Vest : Shadows the wearer      (0/+6/0/0/48/0/36/+10)
Mithril Mail:                         (0/0/0/0/51/0/34/0)
Mithril Vest:                         (0/0/0/0/45/0/30/0)
Moogle Suit : Be a moogle! KUPO!!!    (0/0/0/+5/58/0/52/0)
Ninja Gear  :                         (0/+2/0/0/47/0/32/0)
Nutkin Suit :                         (0/+7/0/+3/86/0/67/0)
Power Sash  :                         (+5/+1/+5/+1/52/0/35/0)
Red Jacket  : Blocks fire             (+5/+2/+4/+1/78/0/55/0)
Silk Robe   :                         (0/0/0/+1/39/0/29/0)
Snow Muffler: Best for Gau and Mog    (0/0/0/0/128/+10/90/+10)
Tabby Suit  : Blocks poison           (+2/+2/+2/+2/54/0/36/0)
Tao Robe    :                         (0/0/0/+5/68/0/50/+10)
White Dress :                         (0/0/0/+5/47/0/35/0)

RELICS

Amulet       - Protects against Poison, Dark and Zombie
Atlas Armlet - Raises attack damage
Back Guard   - Protects against Back and Pincer attacks
Barrier Ring - Casts Shell when HP is low
Beads        - Better percent of avoiding enemy attacks
Black Belt   - Randomly counterattacks when attacked
Blizzard Orb - Changes Umaro's Command Menu
Charm Bangle - Few enemies will attack from the field
Cherub Down  - Causes the wearer to float
Coin Toss    - Changes Setzer's Slot command to GP Rain
Crystal Orb  - Increases wearers max. MP by half
Cure Ring    - Casts Regen
Czarina Ring - Casts Safe and Shell when HP is low
Dragon Horn  - Makes wearer use the Jump command continuously
DragoonBoots - Changes wearer's Fight command to Jump
Earrings     - Adds power to wearer's offensive spells
Economizer   - All spells cost 1 MP
Exp. Egg     - Doubles wearers gained experience points
Fairy Ring   - Protects against Poison and Dark
FakeMustache - Relm's Sketch command changes to Control
Gale Hairpin - Preemptive attack rate greater when worn
Gauntlet     - Can attack with two hands
Gem Box      - More power to spellsused by wearer
Genji Glove  - Can equip a weapon in each hand
Goggles      - Protects against Dark
Gold Hairpin - Cuts consumed magic points in half
Guard Ring   - Casts Safe when HP is low
Hero Ring    - Increased power for magical and physical attacks
Hyper Wrist  - Raises vigor
Jewel Ring   - Protects against Dark and Petrify
Marvel Shoes - Casts Safe, Shell and Haste
MithrilGlove - Casts Safe when HP is low
Merit Award  - Allows wearer to wear heavy armor 
Memento Ring - Mother's love protects against fatal attacks (Doom) 
Moogle Charm - NO RANDOM ENEMY ENCOUNTERS! 
Muscle Belt  - Increase max HPs by half
Paladin Ring - Protects against all status ailments, teaches Ultima!!!
Peace Ring   - Protects against Berserk and Muddle
Pod Bracelet - Wearer can cast Safe and Shell spells
Relic Ring   - Poison cures, Cure hurts, Zombie like character
Ribbon       - Protects against all status changing ailments
RunningShoes - Casts Haste
Safety Bit   - Protects wearer from magic attacks
Sneak Ring   - Higher Steal command success rate
Sniper Sight - Ensures 100% hit rate
Sprint Shoes - Doubles wearers foot speed
Star Pendant - Protects against poison
Thief Glove  - Changes Locke's Steal command to Capture
Tintinabar   - Wearer regains 1 HP each step
True Knight  - Wearer protects those with low HPs
Wall Ring    - Casts Rflect
White Cape   - Protects against Imp and Mute
Zephyr Cape  - Wearer has greater dodge success rate

Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy
Path: illuminati.io.com!news.tamu.edu!cs.utexas.edu!usc!crash!hahavais.cts.com!rhal
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Subject: FF3 FAQ part 10
Organization: Don Quixote Windmill & Rockets
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 04:58:30 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]
Sender: [email-masked] (news subsystem)
Nntp-Posting-Host: hahavais.cts.com
Lines: 362

VANISH/DOOM/X-ZONE
------------------
Using Vanish and then Doom on enemies early in the game usually kills
them instantly, but as the game progresses, the rate of success is greatly
lowered. Using X-Zone in place of Doom, your chances will be increased to
99% possibility of killing an enemy.

ESPERS                              
------
Kirin   - tower in Zozo
Unicorn - Magitek Factory
Sraphim - buy from man in upper-right corner of Tzen
Starlet - bookshelf of Owzer's House.
Phoenix - end of Pheonix Cave
Palidor - Solitary Island beach, after finding airship
Ifrit   - after defeating Ifrit and Shiva, Magitek Factory
Shiva   - after defeating Ifrit and Shiva, Magitek Factory
Maduin  - tower in Zozo, after Terra remembers her past
Bismark - Magitek Factory
Ramuh   - tower in Zozo
Shoat   - Magitek Factory
Odin    - Ancient Castle
Raiden  - 5 steps south of throne, downstairs, Ancient Castle
Crusader- after defeating all 8 dragons
Bahamut - after defeating Doom Gaze
Tritioch- frozen Esper, Narshe
Alexandr- throne room, Doma Castle, after Cyan's dream
Ragnarok- weapon shop in Narshe; need Locke to enter
Terrato - Umaro's bone carving
Carbunkl- Magitek Factory
Phantom - Magitek Factory
ZoneSeek- auction house, Jidoor
Golem   - auction house, Jidoor
Stray   - tower in Zozo
Fenrir  - after battle with Phunbaba, Mobliz
Siren   - tower in Zozo

LOCATIONS OF THE TWO SECRET CHARACTERS 
--------------------------------------
UMARO

In the WOR, go up to the top of the cliff where Tritoch is. Defeat the esper
and then jump into the crack that is left there. Be sure that you
have Mog with you. Work your way through the caves until you come to a bone
carving. Press A like you were talking to it and you will receive the magi-
cite "Terrato." Umaro will come out of what looks like a cave opening to the
north and you will fight him. When you beat him, Mog will force him to join
you.

GOGO

In the WOR, go to the triangle island and wander around until you fight a 
ZoneEater. Let it engulf all of your characters and you will be able to
explore the ZoneEater's stomach. If you search for a while, you will find
Gogo in the caverns.

Locations of the 8 Dragons

1 in Narshe (Ice)
1 in cave reached from Zozo (Thunder)
1 in Opera House (Dirt)
1 in Phoenix Cave (Red)
1 in Fanatics' Tower (White)
1 in Ancient Castle (Blue) 
2 in Kefka's Tower  (Gold and Skull)

                         COMPLETE LORE LIST
                         ------------------

Lore Spell          MP Cost      Learned From These Enemies
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Condemned           20           Veteran, Critic, Still Life
Roulette            10           Dark Force, Veteran, Critic
Clean Sweep         30           Enou, Blue Dragon, Dark Force
Aqua Rake           22           Chimera, Rhyos, Vectagoyle
Aero                41           Doom Gaze, Sprinter, Tyranosaur
Blow Fish           50           Brain Pan, Phase, Cactrot, Presenter, Mover
Big Guard           80           Mover, Dark Force, Earth Guard
Revenge             31           Dragon, Pan Dora, Dark Force
Pearl Wind          45           Peeper, Vectaur, Dark Force
Level 5 Doom        22           Sky Base, Didalos, Dark Force
Level 4 Flare       42           Apokryphos, Goblin, Dueller
Level 3 Muddle      28           Apokryphos, Goblin, Dark Force
Reflect              0           Dark Force
Level ? Pearl       50           Dullahan, Critic, Dark Force
Step Mine           22           Pug, Mesosaur, Greasemonk
Force Field         24           Doom
Dischord            68           Pipsqueak, Figaliz, Iron Hitman
Sour Mouth          32           Mad Oscar, Evil Oscar
Pep Up               1           Flan, Muus, Junk
Rippler             66           Dark Force
Stone               22           Brawler, Iron Fist
Quasar              50           Goddess, Dark Force
Grandtrain          64           Hidon
Exploder             1           Bomb, Grenade, Balloon, Junk

COMPLETE RAGE LIST
------------------

MONSTER                RAGE
------------------------------------------                 
Earthguard             Big Guard
Fortis                 Fireball
Lethal Weapon          Gravity Bomb
Veteran                Condemned
Outsider               Pearl
Actaneon               Clamp
Hemophyte              Shock Wave
Primordite             Numblade
Opinicus               Slide
Aspik                  Giga Volt
Adamanchyt             Acid Rain
Anemone                Giga Volt
Apokryphos             L.3 Muddle
Tap Dancer             Slow 2
Areneid                Numb
Rain Man               Bolt 3
Greasemonk             Shell
Coelecite              Magnitude 8
Exoray                 Virite
Io                     Flare Star
Innoc                  Virite
Nautiloid              Ink
Ceritops               Giga Volt
Covert                 Wind Slash
Madam                  Pearl
Harvester              Haste
Vulture                Shimsham
1st Class              Stone
Wizard                 Demi
Allosaurus             Doom
Were Rat               Poison
Warlock                Pearl
Uroburos               Quake
Power Demon            Flare
Enuo                   Clean Sweep
Beakor                 Duster
Hornet                 Iron Needle
Whisper                Demi
Over Mind              Elf Fire
Brontaur               Fire 3
Latimeria              Magnitude 8
Pipsqueak              Imp
Tomb Thumb             Step Mine
Scrapper               Elf Fire
Guard                  Critical
Marshal                Wind Slash
Chaos Dragon           Disaster
Gabbldegak             Vanish
Ogor                   Storm
Vindr                  Acid Rain
Aquila                 Cyclonic
Trilobiter             Poison Barb
Red Wolf               Rush
Scullion               Dischord
Gigan Toad             Slimer
Gigantos               Magnitude 8
Chimera                Aqua Rake
Maliga                 Remedy
Nohrabbit              Cure 2
Gilomantis             Shrapnel
Sr Behemoth            Fire 3
Wild Cat               Blaster
Hazer                  Bolt 2
Borras                 Revenge
Weed Feeder            Berserk
Mantodea               Wind Slash
Gt Behemoth            Meteor
Eland                  Bio
Trixter                Fire 2
Gloom Shell            Net
Grenade                Blaze
Crawler                Step Mine
Vermin                 Scan
Rhyos                  Surge
Ghost                  Bolt 2
Karkass                Bolt 3
Barb E                 Love Token
Brainpan               Blow Fish
Commander              Break
Tusker                 Blizzard
Commando               Reflect
Psychot                Lifeshaver
Brawler                Stone
Goblin                 Bolt 3
Telstar                Sonic Boom
Cactrot                Blow Fish
Samurai                Lullaby
Sand Horse             Sand Storm
Sea Flower             Sleep
General                Cure 2
Rhobite                Life
Exocite                Scissors
Junk                   Pep Up
Templar                Fire 2
Sky Cap                Megazerk
Joker                  Bolt 2
Lobo                   Tusk
Sp Forces              Safe
Sky Armor              Tek Laser
Scorpion               Poison
Sewer Rat              Incisor
Ursus                  Net
Stray Cat              Catscratch
Spit Fire              Tek Laser
Vaporite               Blaze
Sprinter               Aero
Specter                Fire
Hoover                 Sand Storm
Parasoul               Flash Rain
Cirpius                Haste 2
Crass Hopper           Berserk
Trooper                Swing
Hermit Crab            Net
Slatter                Cave In
Dark Side              Ice 2
Didalos                Merton
Dante                  L.3 Muddle
Chaser                 Plasma
Cluck                  Quake
Critic                 Condemned
Kiwok                  Imp
Deep Eye               Dread
Anguiform              Aqua Rake
Soldier                Fire
Tyranosaur             Meteor
Sand Ray               Tail
Rhinox                 Life 3
Allover                Quake
Sky Base               Doom
Osteosaur              X-Zone
Cephaler               Husk
Buffalax               Slow 2
Crawly                 Heartburn
Dueller                Mega Volt
Trilium                Bio
Delta Bug              Mega Volt
Toe Cutter             Shrapnel
Cruller                Slimer 
Doberman               Bite
Test Rider             Flash Rain
Dragon                 Revenge
Zombone                Condemned
Fossil Fang            Sand Storm
Trapper                L.3 Muddle
Drop                   Muddle
Ralph                  Tackle
Pug                    Break
Pm Stalker             Drain
Still Life             Lullaby
Ninja                  Water Edge
Soul Dancer            Osmose
Necromancer            Doom
Neck Hunter            Imp
Intangir               Pep Up
Poppers                Stone
Woolly                 Frost 3
Repo Man               Exploder
Poplium                Cling
Bounty Man             Bite
Bug                    Stop
Geckorex               Break
Harpy                  Cyclonic
Punisher               Bolt 3
Parasite               Giga Volt
Over Grunk             Bane Touch
Balloon                Exploder
Wart Puck              Rasp
Pan Dora               Revenge
Bloompire              Bio
Humpty                 Poison
Peepers                Pearl Wind
Gold Bear              Gouge
Hades Gigas            Magnitude 8
Mesosaur               Step Mine
Figaliz                Dischord
Phase                  Blow Fish
Bleary                 Doom
Brachosaur             Disaster
Wirey Dragon           Cyclonic
Dark Wind              Break
Black Dragon           Storm
Dark Force             Clean Sweep
Red Fang               Drain
Baskervor              Cyclonic
Flan                   Slimer
Prussian               Land Slide
Pluto Armor            Tek Laser
Mind Candy             Sleep Sting
Tumbleweed             Lifeshaver
Abolisher              Poison
Slam Dancer            Ice 2
Vectagoyle             Aqua Rake
Vector Pup             Bite
Vectaur                Pearl Wind
Heavy Armor            Tek Laser
Behemoth               Meteor
Rider                  Virite
Garm                   Demi
Rhinotaur              Mega Volt
Apparite               Imp
White Dragon           Pearl
Bogy                   Oogyboog
Fidor                  Pounce
Slurm                  Slimer
Bomb                   Blaze
Orog                   Pearl
Displayer              Doom
Crusher                Lifeshaver
Mag Roader (1)         Bio
Mag Roader (2)         Mute
Mag Roader (3)         Haste
Mag Roader (4)         L.4 Flare
Magic Urn              Cure 3
Doom Dragon            N.Cross
M-Tek Armor            Tek Laser
Harpiai                Aero
Mandrake               Raid
Dahling                Cure 2
Misfit                 Lifeshaver
Rhodox                 Snare
Muus                   Pep Up
Steroidite             Blizzard
Mover                  Merton
Hipocampus             Flash Rain
Chitonid               Stop
Vomammoth              Blizzard
Iron Hitman            Dischord
Iron Fist              Stone
Mad Oscar              Sour Mouth
Evil Oscar             Bio
Retainer               Shock
Suriander              Aqua Rake
Land Worm              Magnitude 8
Insecare               Flap
Reach Frog             Slimer
Spek Tor               Blaster
Lizard                 Break
Lich                   Fire 2
ChickenLip             Quake
StillGoing             Osmose
Leafer                 Incisor
Rinn                   Fire
Nastidon               Blizzard
Osprey                 Shimsham
Boxed Set              Meteor
Lunaris                Face Bite
Luridan                Land Slide
Pterodon               Fire Ball
Gobbler                Shimsham
Ing                    Lifeshaver
Nightshade             Charm
Wyvern                 Cyclonic
Wild Rat               Fight

Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy
Path: illuminati.io.com!news.tamu.edu!cs.utexas.edu!usc!crash!hahavais.cts.com!rhal
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Subject: FF3 FAQ part 11
Organization: Don Quixote Windmill & Rockets
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 04:59:53 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]
Sender: [email-masked] (news subsystem)
Nntp-Posting-Host: hahavais.cts.com
Lines: 431

                    ***SECRET ENDING REQUIREMENTS***

Remember, this is unproven, but has been given to us from a VERY
reliable source!  To witness the secret ending:

1.  Find every character.
2.  Find ever Esper (includes changing Odin to Raiden and taking the
    Ragnarok Magicite).
3.  Save Cid (don't let him die on the Solitary Island).
4.  Find all of the Paladin equipment (some pieces may not be discovered).
5.  Save Shadow on the Floating Island by waiting.

Hope that helps! If you find the secret ending, REPORT IT TO US!!!

                         
                          **The Best for FF3**

The Best for Fighting
---------------------

1)  Equip an Offering and Genji Glove. 8 swings of the weapon! Equip someone
with the Atma Weapon (level 60 and up) and another strong sword for over
60,000 HP of damage! Another possibility is to hold 2 Scimitars (or other
weapons that have special effects). Because you attack 8 times, it is highly
likely that the weapon will do something special!

2)  Rage Ring and Blizzard Orb. With these two relics, Umaro becomes a real
fighting machine!

3)  Equip a Thief Glove and an Offering on Locke. Use Capture, and you get 4
chances to steal from the enemy!

4)  Black Belt, Offering. If an enemy hits you, they're in for a big
surprise!

5)  Gogo, 3 of his skills as Steal, equipped with the Thief Glove and
Offering. Use this in the Coliseum if you want to steal from the enemy.

6)  So, you want to be Kappa? Well, try turning someone into an imp, then
equiping them with the Imp Halberd, Imp Armor, Tortoise Shield, and Titanium.
Now, all you have to do is rename the person Kappa, and you have a super
strong imp!

7)  Hero Ring and Offering. This recovers some of the power of the weapon
that is lost with the Offering equipped.

8)  Muscle Belt and the Atma Weapon. If this weapon gains power with the
amount of your HP, why not have more HP?

The Best for Magic
------------------

1)  Gem Box and Offering. I've always wanted to cast two Ultima spells per 
round, and have it cost me only 2 MP!

2)  Earings and more Earings. Use this if you want some heavy magic power.

3)  Equip Relic Ring. Cast Doom on this person, and the entire party will be
completely cured!

Equipment Optimums
------------------
1)  For Gau and Mog, equip the Snow Muffler. Almost all attacks do 1 HP of
damage on you, and you're immune to Fire and Ice attacks!

2)  Mog with the Moogle Charm and Sprint Shoes.  Good for doing quick tasks.

3)  Terra with the Atma Weapon, Paladin Shield, Genji Helmet, and Genji Armor,
plus the Offering and Economizer relics. With this, you should be able to
defeat every enemy in the game by yourself. Seriously!

 
                    Desperation (Near Fatal) Attacks
                    --------------------------------

 Character     Name               Description
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Locke         Mirager            looks like first part of a Bum Rush
 Terra         Riot Blade         throws a series of rings at an enemy
 Celes         Spin Edge          spins around an enemy holding out her sword
 Edgar         Royal Shock        flash of light
 Sabin         Tiger Break        looks like Cyan's Empowerer
 Cyan          Back Blade         sword strike that turns screen black
 Mog           Moogle Rush        looks like Pummel
 Strago        Sabre Soul         jumps at enemy and makes a flash of light
 Relm          Star Prism         stars surround an enemy
 Shadow        Shadow Fang        jumps at enemy and claws it twice
 Setzer        Red Card           spins around and throws cards 3 times
 Gogo          X-Meteor           like meteo

                      BANQUET  SCORING  SCHEME 
                      -------  -------  ------
   
   (a) Each guard you talked to  24 x 1pt each = 24 pts 
   (b) Each guard you fought      5 x 4pt each = 20 pts
   (c) Toast question
        To the kingdom             2pt
        To Returners               1pt
        To our hometowns           5pt         5 pts
   (d) Kefka question
        Leave him in jail          5pt
        Let him go                 1pt
        Execute him                3pt         5 pts
   (e) Doma question
        What's done is done        1pt
        That was inexcusable       5pt
        Apologize Again!!          3pt
   (f) Celes question
        Was she a spy?             1pt
        She's one of us            5pt
        We trust Celes             3pt         5 pts 
   (g) Asking each question       3 x 2pt each =  6 pts
       If you asked one of the
       question twice              - 10pt
       Remember which question you asked first!
   (h) Espers question
        Gone too far               5pt
        Unleashed the power        2pt         5 pts
   (i) Which question asked first     5pt         5 pts
   (j) Care for a break
        Break                      5pt         5 pts
   (k) Say question
        Peace                      3pt
        War's over                 5pt
        Sorry                      1pt         5 pts
   (l) Favor
        If you say Yes when Gestahl
        asked you the first time               3 pts
                       Total Max     93 pts

What you get for the points:
 
 0 - 49 pts   South Figaro is safe
50 - 66 pts   Troops withdrawn from Doma
67 - 76 pts   Permission to the locked room
77 - 89 pts   Tintinabar
90 - 93 pts   Charm Bangle 

EASY STATUS RECOVERY
--------------------
To cure a status ailment quickly and easily, equip the character that has
the ailment with a relic that protects against that type of ailment. When
you check your status after you have equipped the relic, you should be
completely cured!

                          SKETCH/CONTROL LIST
                     ------------------------------

MONSTER         SKETCH                   CONTROL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earthguard      Big Guard/Poison Tail    Battle/Poison Tail/Big Guard
Fortis          Double Arm/Shrapnel      Battle/Double Arm/Fireball/Snowball
Lethal Weapon   Metal Arm/Megazerk       Hit/Megazerk
Veteran         Fight/Roulette           Battle/Doom/X-Zone/Roulette
Outsider        Fight/Ruin               Battle/Metal Arm/Tek Laser
Actaneon        Clamp/Aqua Rake          Battle/Clamp
Hemophyte       Shock Wave/Hit           Battle/Cursed Gaze/Shock Wave/Pearl
Primordite      Numblade/Fight           Battle/Numblade
Opinicus        Slide/Riot               Battle/Wind Slash/Slide/Surge
Aspik           Giga Volt/Numb Spine     Battle/Paralyze/Giga Volt
Adamanchyt      Claw/Blaster             Battle/Claw/Acid Rain
Anemone         Giga Volt/Imp            Battle/Bolt 3/Giga Volt
Apokryphos      L.3 Muddle/Silencer      Battle/Silencer/L.3 Muddle/L.4 Flare
Tap Dancer      Slow 2/Waist Shake       Battle/Waist Shake/Slow 2/Haste
Areneid         Numb/Fight               Battle/Numb
Rain Man        Bolt 3/Umbrawler         Battle/Umbrawler/Bolt 3/Flash Rain
Greasemonk      Fight/Lode Wrench        Battle/Lode Wrench/Step Mine
Coelecite       Magnitude 8/Hypno Sting  Battle/Hypno Sting/Magnitude 8
Exoray          Virite/Doom Pollen       Battle/Virite/Doom Pollen
Io              Plasma/Crush             Battle/Crush/Plasma/Blaster
Innoc           Fight/L.? Pearl          Battle/L.? Pearl
Nautiloid       Ink/Fight                Battle/Ink
Ceritops        Giga Volt/Imp            Battle/Bolt 3/Giga Volt
Covert          Wind Slash/Disappear     Battle/Disappear/Wind Slash/Rage
Madam           Pearl/Flare              Battle/Flare/Pearl/Ice 3
Harvester       Sickle/Fire Wall         Battle/Sickle/Drain
Vulture         Blinder/Shimsham         Battle/Blinder/Shimsham
1st Class       Fight/Ore Wrench         Battle/Ore Wrench
Wizard          Rasp/Demi                Battle/Rasp/Demi/Stop
Allosaurus      Doom/Poison Claw         Battle/Poison Claw/Doom
Were Rat        Fight/Bite               Battle/Bite
Warlock         Magic Drain/Pearl        Battle/Magic Drain/Pearl
Uroburos        Bio/Quake                Battle/Bio/Quake
Power Demon     Flare/Daze Dance         Battle/Daze Dance/Flare
Enuo            Slime/Clean Sweep        Battle/Slime/Clean Sweep/Aqua Rake
Beakor          Fight/Duster             Battle/Duster
Hornet          Fight/Iron Needle        Battle/Iron Needle
Whisper         Quarter/Demi             Battle/Fire/Demi
Over Mind       Fight/Dread              Battle/Dread
Brontaur        Wall/Fire 3              Battle/Fire 3/Wall/Meteor
Latimeria       Wind-up/Magnitude 8      Battle/Wind-up/Magnitude 8
Pipsqueak       Imp/Roulette             Battle/Demi/Quarter
Tomb Thumb      Step Mine/Dash           Battle/Step Mine/Dash
Scrapper        Knife/Elf Fire           Battle/Knife/Elf Fire
Guard           Fight                    Battle
Marshal         Fight/Charge             Battle/Charge/Bolt 3
Chaos Dragon    Fight/Disaster           Battle/Cinderizer/Disaster/Meteor
Gabbldegak      Gold Wrench/Vanish       Battle/Gold Wrench/Vanish
Ogor            Fight/Meteor             Battle/Cold Dust/Pearl Wind
Vindr           Beak/Acid Rain           Battle/Beak/Acid Rain
Aquila          Flap/Cyclonic            Battle/Flap/Cyclonic/Shimsham
Trilobiter      Fight/Poison Barb        Battle/Poison Barb/Poison
Red Wolf        Rush/Revenge             Battle/Rush
Scullion        Gamma Rays/Expolder      Battle/Gamma Rays
Gigan Toad      Croak/Slimer             Battle/Croak/Slimer
Gigantos        Fight/Throat Job         Battle/Throat Job/Revenge
Chimera         Frisky/Aqua Rake         Battle/Frisky/Blizzard/Aqua Rake
Maliga          Fight/Scissors           Battle/Scissors/Remedy
Nohrabbit       Cure/Cure 2              Battle/Cure/Cure 2/Remedy
Gilomantis      Sickle/Lode Stone        Battle/Sickle/Shrapnel
Sr Behemoth     Sypno Gas/Fire 3         Nothing
Wild Cat        Pounce/Blaster           Battle/Pounce/Blaster
Hazer           Fight/Drain              Battle/Drain/Fire
Borras          Uppercut                 Battle/Uppercut
Weed Feeder     Fight/Flap               Battle/Flap/Berserk
Mantodea        Mind Reaper/Wind Slash   Battle/Mind Reaper/Wind Slash
Gt Behemoth     Hay Maker/Meteor         Battle/Hay Maker/Meteor/Fire 3
Eland           Stench/Bio               Battle/Stench/Bio/Fire 3
Trixter         Fire/Fire 2              Battle/Fire/Fire2/Fire 3
Gloom Shell     Rock/Net                 Battle/Rock/Net
Grenade         Mesmerize/Blaze          Battle/Mesmerize/Blaze/Fireball
Crawler         Feeler/Step Mine         Battle/Feeler/Step Mine
Vermin          Bacteria/Bio             Battle/Bacteria/Bio
Rhyos           El Nino/Surge            Battle/Flare Star/El Nino/Surge
Ghost           Fire/X-Zone              Battle/Fire
Karkass         Break/Bolt 3             Battle/Break/Bolt 3/Flare
Barb E          Slap/Love Token          Battle/Slap/Muddle/Dispel
Brainpan        Smirk/Blow Fish          Battle/Smirk/Blow Fish
Commander       Fight/Fire               Battle/Fire
Tusker          Gore/Blizzard            Battle/Gore
Commando        Fight/Program 65         Battle/Program 65/Shell
Psychot         Lifeshaver/Mindshock     Battle/Lifeshaver/Mindshock
Brawler         Fight/Punch              Nothing
Goblin          Fire 3/Bolt 3            Battle/Fire 3/Bolt3/Ice 3
Telstar         Launcher/Tek Laser       Nothing
Cactrot         Mindsting/Blow Fish      Battle/Mindsting/Blow Fish
Samurai         Flare/Doom               Battle/Flare/Doom/Haste 2
Sand Horse      Sand Storm/Clamp         Battle/Sand Storm/Clamp
Sea Flower      Fight/Feeler             Battle/Feeler
General         Bio Attack/Cure 2        Battle/Bio Attack/Cure 2
Rhobite         Fight/Incisor            Battle/Incisor
Exocite         Fight/Scissors           Battle/Scissors
Junk            Parallout/Bolt 3         Battle/Parallout/Pep Up/Exploder
Templar         Fight/Axe                Battle/Axe
Sky Cap         Atomic Ray/Slip Anchor   Battle/Slip Anchor/Tek Laser
Joker           Parasol/Bolt 2           Battle/Parasol/Bolt 2/Acid Rain
Lobo            Fight/Tusk               Battle/Tusk
Sp Forces       Fight/Blow               Battle/Blow/Safe
Sky Armor       Backlash/Tek Laser       Battle/Backlash/Tek Laser
Scorpion        Fight/Doomsting          Battle/Doomsting
Sewer Rat       Fight/Incisor            Battle/Incisor
Ursus           Scratch/Fire 2           Battle/Scratch
Stray Cat       Catscratch/Blaster       Battle/Catscratch
Spit Fire       Propeller/Tek Laser      Battle/Propeller/Tek Laser/Schiller
Vaporite        Fight/Slow               Battle/Slow
Sprinter        Drainbeak/Aero           Battle/Drainbeak/Cyclonic
Specter         Bolt/Fire                Bolt/Fire
Hoover          Crush/Sand Storm         Battle/Crush/Sand Storm/Quake
Parasoul        Spin Slice/Flash Rain    Battle/Spin Slice/Flash Rain/El Nino
Cirpius         Fight/Beak               Battle/Beak/Break
Crass Hopper    Fight/Flap               Battle/Flap
Trooper         Fight/Swing              Battle/Swing
Hermit Crab     Rock/Net                 Battle/Rock/Net
Slatter         Choke/Shimsham           Battle/Choke
Dark Side       Slip Touch/Fire 3        Battle/Slip Touch/Fire
Didalos         Quake/Poison Tusk        Battle/Flare/Flare Star/Blaster
Dante           Quartz Pike/L.3 Muddle   Battle/Quartz Pike/L.3 Muddle/Ice 2
Chaser          Program 17/Plasma        Battle/Program 17/Plasma/Dischord
Cluck           Lash/Quake               Battle/Lash/Quake
Critic          Condemned/Slip Seed      Battle/Slip Seed/Condemned
Kiwok           Imp/Cyclonic             Battle/Remedy
Deep Eye        Dreamland/Dread          Battle/Dreamland/Dread
Anguiform       Garrote/Aqua Rake        Battle/Garrote/Aqua Rake
Soldier         Fight/Scan               Battle/Scan
Tyranosaur      Bite/Aero                Battle/Bite/Slow/Haste
Sand Ray        Fight/Tail               Battle/Tail
Rhinox          Bane Strike/Life 3       Battle/Bane Strike/Life 3
Allover         Fight/Dead End           Battle/Dead End
Sky Base        Doom/Giga Volt           Battle/Doom
Osteosaur       Fight                    Battle/Fossil
Cephaler        Fight/Husk               Battle/Husk/Stop
Buffalax        Fight/Riot               Battle/Riot/Storm
Crawly          Fight/Heartburn          Battle/Heartburn/Magnitude 8
Dueller         Giga Volt/Megahit        Battle/Megahit/Mega Volt/Giga Volt
Trilium         Fight/Bane Touch         Battle/Bane Touch
Delta Bug       Rush/Mega Volt           Battle/Rush/Mega Volt
Toe Cutter      Doom Sickle/Shrapnel     Battle/Doom Sickle/Shrapnel
Cruller         Brain Sugar/Slimer       Battle/Brain Storm
Doberman        Fight/Bite               Battle/Bite
Test Rider      Gold Lance/Flash Rain    Battle/Gold Lance/Flash Rain
Dragon          Tail/Revenge             Battle/Tail/Revenge/Blizzard
Zombone         Bone/Bolt 3              Battle/Bone/Poison/Bio
Fossil Fang     Bone/Sand Storm          Battle/Bone/Sand Storm/X-Zone
Trapper         L.3 Muddle/L.5 Doom      Battle/L.5 Doom/L.4 Flare/L.3 Muddle
Drop            Mad Signal/Muddle        Battle/Mad Signal/Muddle
Ralph           Fight/Tackle             Battle/Tackle
Pug             Cleaver/Break            Battle/Cleaver/Break
Pugs            Fight                    Nothing
Pm Stalker      Poison/Drain             Battle/Poison/Drain/Bio
Still Life      Bane Kiss/Lullaby        Battle/Bane Kiss/Lullaby/Condemned
Ninja           Fire Skean/Water Edge    Battle/FireSkean/WaterEdge/BoltEdge 
Soul Dancer     Drain/Osmose             Battle/Drain/Osmose/Fire 2
Necromancer     X-Zone/Doom              Battle/Doom/Flare/X-Zone
Neck Hunter     Mad Sickle/Imp           Battle/Mad Sickle/Imp
Intangir        Step Mine/Sleep          Nothing
Poppers         Imp/Stone                Battle/Break/Stone
Woolly          Frenzy/W.Wind            Battle/Frenzy
Repo Man        Wrench/Flare             Battle/Wrench
Poplium         Fight/Slow               Battle/Slow
Bounty Man      Fight/Bite               Battle/Bite
Bug             Fight/Stone Spine        Battle/Stone Spine
Geckorex        Petriglare/Break         Battle/Petriglare/Break/Dread
Harpy           Grip/Cyclonic            Battle/Grip/Cyclonic/Aero
Punisher        Fight                    Battle
Parasite        Mind Stop/Giga Volt      Battle/Mind Stop/Giga Volt
Over Grunk      Bane Touch/Poison        Battle/Bane Touch/Muddle
Balloon         Flare Up/Expolder        Battle/Flare Up/Exploder
Wart Puck       Fight/Yawn               Battle/Yawn/Exploder
Pan Dora        Hypno Gas/Revenge        Battle/Hypno Gas/Revenge
Bloompire       Energy Sap/Bio           Battle/Energy Sap/Bio/Doom
Humpty          Hug/Poison               Battle/Hug/Poison
Peepers         Tail/Pearl Wind          Battle/Tail/Pearl Wind
Gold Bear       Fight/Gouge              Battle/Gouge
Hades Gigas     Head Butt/Magnitude 8    Battle/Head Butt/Magnitude 8
Mesosaur        T.Lash/Step Mine         Battle/T.Lash/Step Mine
Figaliz         Dischord/Gunk            Battle/Gunk/Dischord/Raid
Phase           Blow Fish/Smirk          Battle/Smirk/Blow Fish
Bleary          Fight/Slumber            Battle/Slumber/Dread
Brachosaur      Step Mine/Swing          Battle/Swing
Wirey Dragon    Wing/Cyclonic            Battle/Wing/Cyclonic
Dark Wind       Fight/Dive               Battle/Dive
Black Dragon    Sand Storm/Fallen One    Battle/Sand Storm/Bolt 3/Doom
Dark Force      Clean Sweep/L.5 Doom     Battle/L.5 Doom/PearlWind/CleanSweep
Red Fang        Fight/Rabies             Battle/Rabies
Baskervor       Claw/Absolute 0          Battle/Claw/Blizzard
Flan            Slip Gunk/Slimer         Battle/Slip Gunk/Slimer
Prussian        Fight/Bear Hug           Battle/Bear Hug/Stone
Pluto Armor     Crush/Tek Laser          Battle/Crush/Tek Laser/Schiller
Mind Candy      Sleep Sting/Fight        Battle/Sleep Sting/Sleep
Tumbleweed      Blinder/Lifeshaver       Battle/Blinder/Lifeshaver
Proto Armor     Program 35/Tek Laser     Battle/Program 35/Tek Laser/Schiller
Abolisher       Duster/Poison            Battle/Duster/Poison
Slam Dancer     Fire 2/Ice 2             Battle/Fire 2/Ice 2/Bolt 2
Vectagoyle      Giga Volt/Aqua Rake      Battle/Giga Vlt/Aqua Rake/Blaze
Vector Pup      Fight/Bite               Battle/Bite
Vectaur         Tusk/Pearl Wind          Battle/Claw/Pearl Wind
Heavy Armor     Tek laser/Metal Hand     Battle/Metal Hand/Tek Laser
Behemoth        Take Down/Meteor         Battle/Take Down/Fire 3/Meteor
Rider           SilverPike/Virite        Battle/Virite/SilverPike
Garm            Program 95/Frost 3       Battle/Program 95/Fire 2
Rhinotaur       Mega Volt/Giga Volt      Battle/Mega Volt
Apparite        Slip Touch               Battle/Slip Touch/Imp
White Dragon    Flare/Pearl              Nothing
Bogy            Fight/Oogyboog           Battle/Oogyboog
Fidor           Fight/Pounce             Battle/Pounce
Slurm           Fight/Heartburn          Battle/Heartburn/Magnitude 8/Quake
Bomb            Exploder/Blaze           Battle/Exploder/Blaze
Orog            Bio/Pearl                Battle/Bio/Pearl
Displayer       Rib/Doom                 Battle/Rib/Doom/X-Zone
Crusher         Blow/Lifeshaver          Battle/Crush/Lifeshaver
Mag Roader (1)  Fight/Wheel              Battle/Wheel
Mag Roader (2)  Fight/Rush               Battle/Rush
Mag Roader (3)  Fight/Wheel              Battle/Wheel
Mag Roader (4)  Fight/Wheel              Battle/Rush
Magic Urn       Remedy/Cure 3            Battle/Remedy/Cure 3/W.Wind
Doom Dragon     Fallen One/N.Cross       Battle/Fallen One/N.Cross/S.Cross
M-Tek Armor     Fight/Tek Laser          Nothing
Harpiai         Aero/Nail                Battle/Nail/Aero
Mandrake        Stone Touch/Raid         Battle/Stone Touch/Raid
Dahling         Mute/Cure 2              Battle/Mute/Cure 2
Misfit          Glare/Lifeshaver         Battle/Glare/Lifeshaver
Rhodox          Snare/Near Fatal         Battle
Muus            Pep Up/Gunk              Battle/Slimer/Pep Up
Steroidite      Rush/Slide               Battle/Rush/Blizzard/Blaster
Mover           Fight/Disaster           Battle/Big Guard
Hipocampus      Acid Rain/Flash Rain     Battle/Acid Rain/Flash Rain
Chitonid        Fight/Carapace           Battle/Carapace
Vomammoth       Bear Claw/Blizzard       Battle/Bear Claw/Blizzard
Iron Hitman     Dischord/Destroy         Battle/Dischord/Destroy/Tek Laser
Iron Fist       Fight/Stone              Battle/Knee Kick/Stone
Mad Oscar       Drool/Sour Mouth         Battle/Drool/Sour Mouth
Evil Oscar      Poison/Sour Mouth        Battle/Sneeze/Poison/Sour Mouth
Retainer        Wind Slash/Tradeoff      Battle/Condemned/Wind Slash/Tradeoff
Suriander       Yawn/Aqua Rake           Battle/Yawn/Aqua Rake
Land Worm       Compress/Magnitude 8     Battle/Compress/Magnitude8/LodeStone
Insecare        Fight/Flap               Battle/Flap
Reach Frog      Tounge/Slimer            Battle/Tounge/Slimer
Spek Tor        Scratch/Blaster          Battle/Scratch/Acid Rain
Lizard          Imp/Remedy               Battle/Break/Dischord
Lich            Fire/Fire 2              Battle/Fire/Fire 2/Fire 3
ChickenLip      Lash/Quake               Battle/Lash/Quake
StillGoing      Fight/Slip Touch         Battle/Slip Touch
Leafer          Fight/Incisor            Battle/Incisor
Rinn            Fight/Slow               Battle/Slow
Nastidon        Fight/Hug                Battle/Hug
Osprey          Beak/Shimsham            Battle/Beak/Shimsham
Boxed Set       Mirror Orb/Meteor        Battle/Mirror Orb/Meteor/Lode Stone
Lunaris         Fight/Face Bite          Battle/Face Bite
Luridan         Horn/Land Slide          Battle/Horn/land Slide/Cave In
Pterodon        Wing/Fireball            Battle/Wing/Fireball
Gobbler         Silence/Shimsham         Battle/Silence/Shimsham
Ing             Glare/Lifeshaver         Battle/Glare/Lifeshaver
Nightshade      Poison Pod/Charm         Battle/Poison Pod/Charm
Wyvern          Slip Wing/Cyclonic       Battle/Slip Wing/Cyclonic
Wild Rat        Fight/Scratch            Battle/Scratch

Not Saving at a Point
---------------------
In places where you are controlling more than one party, such as the Phoenix
Cave and Kefka's Tower, if one party is on a save point, then all the other
parties are also considered to be standing on it and can use Tents to re-
plenish their energy!

Revivify the Undead
-------------------
Undead monsters are suceptible to Cure magic as well as items such as Life
and Revivify. Try using these items and you should beat them in no time!

Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy
Path: illuminati.io.com!news.tamu.edu!cs.utexas.edu!usc!crash!hahavais.cts.com!rhal
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Subject: FF3 FAQ part 12
Organization: Don Quixote Windmill & Rockets
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 05:01:41 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]
Sender: [email-masked] (news subsystem)
Nntp-Posting-Host: hahavais.cts.com
Lines: 83

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      PART FOUR-Game Genie Codes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parts by BC 002, GameDuster, Bombodos and Kupos9
Edited by Wizard 201 and JonN2000

Here are the codes from the book: 

Final Fantasy III(tm) Game
 1      D15C-78E5       Start Terra with Man-eater equipped
 2      F65C-78E5       Start Terra with Excalibur equipped
 3      FC5C-78E5       Start Terra with Illumina equipped
 4      FA5C-78E5       Start Terra with Atma equipped
 5      435C-78E5       Start Terra with Tempest equipped
 6      D35C-78E5       Start Terra with Blizzard equipped
 7      F75C-78E5       Start Terra with Enhancer equipped
 8      9A58-7675       Start Terra with Mithril shield equipped
 9      9258-7675       Start Terra with Gold shield equipped
10      1F58-7675       Start Terra with Ice shield equipped
11      1D58-7675       Start Terra with Fire shield equipped
12      1C58-7655       Start Terra with Hairband equipped
13      1B58-7655       Start Terra with Leather hat equipped
14      5C58-7655       Start Terra with Circlet equipped
15      5B58-7655       Start Terra with Mystery veil equipped
16      5658-7655       Start Terra with Red cap equipped
17      6658-7685       Start Terra with Silk robe equipped
18      6B58-7685       Start Terra with Mithril vest equipped
19      6858-7685       Start Terra with White dress equipped
20      BC58-7685       Start Terra with Genji armor equipped
21      B058-7685       Start Terra with Force armor equipped
22      108C-EF03 +     All items in shops are free--SWITCH OFF TO SELL 
        108C-E4A3       ITEMS FOR GP
23      DDA4-8767       Party always has sprint shoes
24      ED30-E944       'Tonic' gives 240 HP
25      3CB8-5DAE       Most items can be used infinitely--NOT IN BATTLE MODE
                        SWITCH OFF TO EXIT MENU SCREEN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------                       

26      AA94-E7D8       This code will make the enemy give you weapons, items, 
                        and armory.  (This code is constant)
27      AA90-74DD       Able to walk through walls, only certain directions
28      AA94-EFO8       Makes the enemy give you items/weapons/armory.  (This 
                        code is not constant, it's at random)
29      DC9C-E4D8       Max out your GPs.

30      AA9D-54D8       The battle sequence is weird..

31      AA9B-E768       All relics equiped, all of it. Not tested much may 
                        freeze up. Even the cursed stuff is equiped. Just DO 
                        NOT SAVE YOUR GAME, your statistics are messed up...

32      AA23-54D8       Level 99 after one battle
33      0F9F-E708       ERASES THE SAVE GAMES
34      AA9D-54D8       Unpredictable battles
35      AA94-E4D8 +     Paladin's Shield Codes
        AA94-EF08 +     
        AA94-E7D8
36      AAD2-E768       Lowers Speed, Vigor, Stamina, and Magic Power for all 
                        members
37      AADC-EF08       Always sprint in dungeons and never encounter random 
                        enemies (as if Sprint Shoes and Moogle Charm were 
                        equipped).
38      AADC-EDA8       Never encounter random enemies
39      AAD8-EF08       All party members are Floating, Stopped, and Reflect-
                        ive in battles
40      AADB-EDA8       Increase all members' Max HP and MP                          
41      6794-E708       Makes the EXP, Magic Points, Items, and GP keep re-
                        peating in a cycle. Turn off after 2 or 3 cycles or 
                        it may blackout.
42      DFD8-EF68       All characters float
43      D0D8-EF68       All characters have Slow cast on them
44      D6D8-EF68       All characters have Haste cast on them
45      D8D8-EF68       All characters have Haste, Float, and Regen 
                        cast on them
47      AA94-E7D8 +     Super Item Codes: Get Paladin's Shield, Offering,
        AA94-EFO8 +     Gem Boxes, Econimizers and other stuff after battles
        AA94-E4D8 +
        D794-E708 
48      D493-54D8       Gain over 16,000 Exp. per fight
49      D793-54D8       Gain nearly 1,000,000 Exp. per fight
50      AA92-E768       Casts Flare after a battle, blackout

Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy
Path: illuminati.io.com!news.tamu.edu!cs.utexas.edu!usc!crash!hahavais.cts.com!rhal
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Subject: FF3 FAQ part 13
Organization: Don Quixote Windmill & Rockets
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 05:02:53 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]
Sender: [email-masked] (news subsystem)
Nntp-Posting-Host: hahavais.cts.com
Lines: 327

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          PART FIVE-Interviews
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reprinted articles from EGM and Super Play Magazines

SUPER PLAY-Fantasy Quest: Interview with Ted Woolsey
----------------------------------------------------
By Neil West

NOTE: Ted Woolsey is also known as Square S on America Online!
(Taken from Super Play Magazine, September 1994)

SquareSoft's main man and translator of Secret of Mana, Ted Woolsey, talks to
Super Play about life, the universe, RPGs and everything. But mainly he talks
about RPGs.

Q: Up until the release by Nintendo UK of the insanely great Secret of Mana,
   European players will only ever see the wonder of Square games by ob-
   taining gray import cartridges. Is this the start of more officially re-
   leased Square games to come, or a one-off deal purely for the launch of
   the Secret of Mana?

A: No, there are definitely more Square games planned for release in Europe. 
   This process of releasing games through other people is pretty much the
   same strategy that our parent company in Japan used when first breaking
   into the American market. They didn't set up a company here straightaway
   and market our games direct, instead they licensed the first 8-bit Final
   Fantasy game to Nintendo and eased in to the US market gradually. I'm sure
   this is the same strategy now but in Europe.

Q: So it would seem likely that SquareSoft's presence in Europe will in-
   crease, maybe until a SquareSoft Europe is established?

A: Well, that would seem sensible because the European market is very strong,
   and it looks likely that it will only increase, but I think it's too early
   to tell if there will be a Square office set up. Either way, the games 
   will keep coming though...

Q: Tell us about your relationship with Square of Japan. Do you choose which
   of their games will be translated into English, or do they tell you?

A: It's getting to the point where we do actually have a lot of control. in 
   the early days - about five years ago - titles were selected in Japan for
   American release, 'localized' [translated and re-jigged for the new aud-
   ience] and then shipped over for release. But at the end of this month,
   I'll be going over to Square in Japan to take a look at all the titles in
   development and hand-[ick which games we're going to release in the US and
   Europe over the next year.
   So more and more we're having a hand in deciding which games make it out 
   of Japan.

Q: And this responsibility will increase, right?

A: Absolutely.

Q: Things are really on a roll for Square right now. It seems that Final
   Fantasy is now a serious rival to Dragon Quest for the crown of most pop-
   ular RPG series in Japan. In America though, Enix still has a loyal 
   following. Do you think the next few releases from Square will consolidate
   your position as leader in the field? Do you feel you are in a battle with
   Enix?

A: Hmm, not really. It's funny over here in the US because role playing games
   are such a small slice of the overall videogaming pie, the following is
   still very much a minority of gameplayers. Our research has that if some-
   one has a positive experience playing a role playing title, then they want
   more. So people who like, say, a Dragon Warrior title seem to like Square-
   Soft titles as well. I know that there are big sales battles going on in
   Japan between Square and Enix, and I think that they actually have some
   sort of agreement not to go head-to-head with the release of similar ti-
   tles and to make sure that both Square and Enix have enough space, but
   over here in the US it's a whole lot more relaxed.
   Over here I really don't think that it's a negative thing to have two very
   strong RPG lines.

Q: You're saying that yourselves and Enix are actually doing each other fav-
   ors: making sure that RPG fans have a decent supply of quality titles en-
   abling the genre to grow and gain more support?

A: Yeah, absolutely.

Q: Do you take much notice of releases from other companies, and follow gam-
   ing trends? Or does Square stick to its own guns and try not to be swayed
   by current trends?

A: No, no - in this day and age it's impossible to shut your eyes and ignore
   what's going on around you. We're very careful to look and watch what's
   coming out and when stuff's being released also.

Q: On a scale of one to ten, how tough is it to translate Japanese games into
   English?
   
A: Let me put it this way, It's a lot more difficult than it seems! Our avid 
   following in the US is constantly saying to us, 'look, just what is your 
   problem? Get the games out faster!', they have a real problem with this.
   But they don't understand that there are severe limitations - as everyone
   who's played a Square game will realize - with size, it's just so tough
   squeezing the translated text intothe game. What this means is that you
   have to rethink an entire plot without actually changing any of the par-
   ameters that govern how the plot has implications on the rest of the game.
   So, inevitably, some depth is lost in the translation from Japanese to
   English.

Q: How much is lost?

A: Well, as far as simple text is concerned, I would say that you can get 
   twice as much information into the same space when written in Japanese as
   you can writing in English. But it's the process of making sure that what
   you're left with still makes complete sense, that's the real time consuming
   problem, even after you've stretched and pulled all the text windows until
   they are as big as possible. Also, with some titles - like the Secret of
   Mana - there's no order to the messages. As a result, it's very difficult
   keeping all the plot lines and story elements in your head while working
   out what can be lost and what needs to be changed.
   Translating Japanese can be a completely frustrating task!

Q: Aside from the basic difference in languages, do you experience a lot of
   problems when you're dealing with distinctly Japanese cultural points or
   cultural references?

A: Oh yes. And a lot of the problem lies with the basic expectations of the
   gameplayer. Japanese RPGs come from a textual background; from short stor-
   ies, Manga and novels. In Japanese literature, typically, the need for a
   strong beginning, middle, and end is not that great. The Japanese tend to
   savor the episodic elements of an adventure; brief jaunts off on side-
   quests which bear no relation to the main game are welcomed in Japan, but
   here in the US - and I guess in Europe too - players tend to react like
   'Now what was all that for? What a waste of time!'. So in some ways it's
   difficult to translate a game that was designed for the Japanese market
   because the gameplayers themselves are very different - it's not just that
   they speak a different language.

Q: So how do you deal with this kind of problem? Do you have the facilities
   in the US to restructure a game to suit tastes outside of Japan?

A: Well we have the know-how - that's not a problem - but we're really up
   against tough time constraints. In a perfect world, we would take the
   beautiful graphics we get from Japan and completely dump all of the code 
   that stipulates when an event has to happen and how it occurs. We would
   go back in and tailor it to the audience here.
   But back in the real world, we simply don't have the time or resources to
   do this. We have to take it exactly as it comes and simply dump the English
   translation into the original game.

Q: So you'd still keep the graphics?

A: Oh yes! While the actual game code may be in no way superior to stuff 
   generated in America or Europe, the Japanese do have a beautiful sense of
   style and I think the games (esspecially Final Fantasy III, which is FFVI
   in Japan) are absolutely beautiful with scanned images overlaid on built-
   up graphics.

Q: So how do you go about actually translating a game? What process is in-
   volved?

A: I was given just 30 days to translate the Secret of Mana text. This meant
   that I had to fly out to Japan for a month with my wife and kids and just
   get on with translating the original scripts practically just as soon as
   they were completed. There's really no time to do justice to these games.

Q: So do you normally wait until a game is finished before starting on the 
   translation or work side-by-side with the people writing the original 
   storyline?

A: No, I usually wait for a finished product and that's because if I jump in
   and start taking on text before the game is finished, there will inevit-
   ably be so many - countless - revisions and rewrites of the original,
   that my translation becomes out of date practically as soon as I've comp-
   leted it. The people who write these games work right until the last min-
   ute to hone the text to perfection, and as the text changes then so does
   the graphics, the timing of animated sequences and indeed the storyline.
   So it really does pay to wait until the game is done and then jump in and 
   get on with it.

Q: How do you coordinate dialouge with hundreds of different characters?

A: I play the finished Japanese version about three times then, having video-
   taped all the appearances of characters, I'll sit down and work out a
   translation that seems to work in English but will also work with all the
   original Japanese source code. Then, if there's time, I can start adapting
   the game to more non-Japanese tastes.

Q: Secret of Mana's wide appeal might be put down to its action-based combat,
   players don't have to worry too much about weapon stats and the like if
   they don't want to. Many older gamers prefer turn-based combat, however,
   and the slower, more involved plots. Which do you favor? Are there more
   action RPGs on the way from Square?

A: Well, Secret of Mana 2 will be an action/adventure title as will our first
   US-developed game; both of which are currently in development. This US
   game is being done by Americans, for Americans, so it would seem logical
   that it will follow the more popular action/adventure format.
   In regards to which is the better system...
   Well, there are maniacal players of the command-driven RPGs and these 
   people will dabble in action games, such as Zelda, but they always actual-
   ly prefer the slower-paced, more strategic traditional games. We receive
   telephone calls from strange people many years after a game was released,
   calling to find out if the game hero ever got married! Now those are real
   maniacal players.
   The action/adventure players, however, are larger in numbers and the demo-
   graphic is different. they tend to be younger and like the idea of jump-
   ing straight into the action with a sword in their hands; it's an empower-
   ment issue - you get to go out there, start whacking things and it feels
   good!
   With the more traditional RPGs, it takes a good 15 or 20 hours of playing
   before you're finally hooked.

Q: So I guess there's always a compromise to be faced when putting a game
   interface together or designing a combat system.Do you appease the diehard 
   fans who like to 'go deep,' or make the game more accessible to a larger
   audience?

A: Exactly. It's definately a trade-off and it's a tough one. But I think the
   Secret of Mana went a long way into bringing more RPGs into the mix than
   perhaps, say, Zelda which is more predominantly a straightforward action
   game.

Q: You must be very pleased with the reception of Secret of Mana. This game
   has caused jaded reviewers to blub with joy, with it's sumptuous graphics
   and perhaps the greatest musical score of any Super NES game ever. Did
   you know it was going to be such a success?

A: Well, no - there;s an interesting story here in that Secret of Mana was
   originally scheduled as a CD game for the Sony CD-ROM SNES add-on that
   never appeared. So it probably would have been much longer, and I think
   that when you play it you can get a sense of areas where it seems that
   something might be missing... But the team working on it turned it back
   into a cartridge game and I think they did a wonderful job; certainly
   the graphics speak for themselves.
   But as to whether we knew it was going to be a success, well no. In Japan
   the game certainly didn't sell very well up against the Final Fantasy
   Series (which was in its sixth iteration, whereas Secret of Mana was
   starting off with no momentum) sono one was expecting the runaway hit
   that it's turned out to be.

Q: Is there anything missing from the English version?

A: No, just some things have been altered for sake of space.

Q: Final Fantasy VI is going to be released as FFIII in the US, with FFV 
   being held over 'till 1995 to be released as a seperate game. Could you
   explain this decision, and tell us about the games themselves?

A: The Final Fantasy series basically has two seperate tracks: the odd series
   (FFI, FFIII, and FFV) are controller command drive games, whereas the
   even series are more story line driven games. As for FFV though, well
   although we're sure it's a great title it hasn't been a hit with too many
   people in out focus groups, although the more experienced gamers loved
   the complex character building - it's just not accessible enough to the
   average gamer. But we're determined we want to release it so we're going
   to wait and introduce it once there's a larger audience for it's partic-
   ular style. Hence the wait.

Q: Is there a finalized name for FFV yet?

A: The tentative, working title at the moment is 'Final Fantasy Extreme'.
   But this could always change...

Q: FFII also had some changes (we've heard rumors about dancers stripping
   off in the original!). Tell us about those, go on.

A: Well, there's a level of playfulness and - dare I say - sexuality in
   Japanese games that just doesn't exist here [in the USA], basically
   because of Nintendo of America's rules and guidelines. And this includes
   little characters that take their clothes off, or show their bottoms or
   chests - that Nintendo won't allow over here. I guess the aesthetic in
   Japan is perhaps similar to that found in say France or Germany, where
   you might see more people nude sunbathing or - in magazines perhaps -
   see more 'anatomical' shots. I mean, in the original there was nothing 
   shocking - there was no sex or anything - but what there was Nintendo 
   didn't like so we had to remove it.

Q: Maybe the new, more lenient Nintendo would now allow this...

A: Yes, it's certainly possible that in the future there will be a completely
   uncut version released.

Q: Square has picked up Capcom's Breath of Fire for translation and a US re-
   lease is planned for August of this year. What prompted you to make this
   move?

A: Actually, Capcom approached us. they had a very busy schedule (that in-
   cluded at least two RPGs) so they simply didn't have room for it. And we
   loved it, and knew it to be something out audience was dying for...

Q: What about Romancing SaGa 2? Have you any plans to translate this? It did
   remarkably well in Japan, and its simalarities to the FF series would make 
   it extremely popular with fans of those games...

A: Oh yeah, I'm sure it would be great but unfortunately it all comes down to
   a manpower issue and we really don't have the resources to do it. For
   every person put onto the job of restructuring a game for an English
   translation it means one taken off the development of FFVII or Secret of
   Mana 2. So no, unfortuneately, I can't see the Romancing SaGa series mak-
   ing it over here.

Q: A new 16 mes RPG called Live A Live is shortly to be released in Japan.
   Have you any plans to bring this over too? We understand that it contains
   a little strategy game called Captain Square, and few strategy games have
   made it to the West.

A: Oh, yes this is a great game. It's been designed by one of the teams be-
   hind Hanjuku Hero from a couple years ago and it's basically seven games 
   crammed onto one 16 Meg cart - so each are graphically quite simple, but
   great games.
   The trouble is that up against Mortal kombat, for example, gamers really 
   demand more visual sophistication - so it's fairly doubtful taht we could
   ever sell enough to get our money back.

Q: That's a shame. Maybe one day the audience will be big ebough to make it
   worth while. Just one last thing: the faces that appear in the backgrounds
   of a lot of your games - what are they all about, is there a hidden mess-
   age here?

A: Everyone seems curious about the faces! But no, there's no hidden meaning,
   satanic messages or anything - I guess it's just our artists' sense of
   bizarre humor coming to the fore. Actually, in one of the deep dungeons,
   in FFII there was a room that contained the entire programming team. un-
   fortuneately that was one thing that just didn't make it across to the
   US version. Nintendo didn't seem to appreciate it.

Spoilsports. Well, here's wishing you the best of luck with your future
titles Ted, and pick out some good ones for us when you visit Japan. Thanks
very much for your time.

Newsgroups: alt.games.final-fantasy
Path: illuminati.io.com!news.tamu.edu!cs.utexas.edu!usc!crash!hahavais.cts.com!rhal
From: [email-masked] (Richard Halavais)
Subject: FF3 FAQ part 14
Organization: Don Quixote Windmill & Rockets
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 05:03:47 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: Trumpet for Windows [Version 1.0 Rev B]
Sender: [email-masked] (news subsystem)
Nntp-Posting-Host: hahavais.cts.com
Lines: 286

EGM-Final Fantasy III Interview with Yusuke Hirata
--------------------------------------------------
By Nob

(Taken from the October 1994 issue of EGM)

EGM's Nob (our ace editor in Japan) arranged a special interview with
Mr. Yusuke Hirata, the general manager of the publicity department of
Square Co, Ltd.

Q: In Japan, you have already released six official Final Fantasy games.
   When were these released and how well did they sell?

A: The original FF was launched in December 1987. Approximately 600,000
   were sold in Japan. The NES version sold better, registering slaes of 
   approximately 700,000. The Famicom FF2 and FF3 were respectively launched
   in December 1988 and April 1990. Their sales were approximately 800,000
   and 1.4 million units respectively. These were never translated. Final
   Fantasy IV, our first Super Famicom RPG, registered sales of approximately
   1.5 million upon its release in July 1990. FFIV was translated as the 
   Super NES FF2 which sold about 300,000 units. FFV was released at the end
   of 1992 and has sold approximately 2.4 million units. The newest title, 
   FFVI, was released in April of this year. It has become our biggest hit
   ever, with sales reaching approximately 2.55 million units. We hope the
   Super NES FF3 will echo the success of FFVI in America. In total, the 
   entire FF series has registered sales of approximately 9.25 million units
   in Japan and 2.2 million units overseas, so close to 11.5 million units
   all told.
   Incidentally, we also repackaged FF1 and 2 together onto a single Famicom
   cartridge earlier this year in Japan.

Q: Besides the official titles, are there so-called Gaiden (side story) games
   that have spun off from the series? The Super NES FF Mystic Quest comes to
   mind.

A: The Game Boy Seiken Densetsu (Legend of the Holy Sword) was subtitled FF
   Gaiden in Japan, and called Final Fantasy Legend overseas. About 700,000
   units were sold in all, with about half a million being sold in Japan. Its
   sequel, Seiken Densetsu 2, came out for the SFC last year. You might know
   it better as Secret of Mana! It has almost gone doublr Platinum.
   Mystic Quest was released in America long before the Japanese version was
   translated from it. All told, it sold approximately 800,000 units, 50-50
   between the SFC and Super NES versions.

Q: Do you plan to make any other Gaiden-type games?

A: Nothing has been decided.

Q: Is there any plan to release the yet untranslated FF games? Although it 
   may be difficult to do the 8-bit FF2 and FF3 because of the market con-
   ditions, it would be a shame if American gamers couldn't experience the
   outstanding FFV.

A: At present, we haven't come to any decisions.

Q: FFVI is widely hailed as the best ever in the series. Will the Super NES
   version be altered in any way from the SFC version other than translating
   the text? For example, the Super NES FF2 was made considerably simpler to
   play than the original SFC FFIV. Will such balance adjustments be made?

A: We haven't made particularly noteworthy changes. We feel that the game
   has been designed to enable virtually all gamers to adjust configurations
   to suit their playing styles.

Q: Including planning, how long did FFVI take to produce?

A: We spent about a year and a half.

Q: How many people were involved in the game's production?

A: In total, about 30. There are five planners, five programmers, ten graphic
   artists, and two music people. The rest are assistants.

Q: Are development teams always composed of identical members? Or do key
   people assemble seperate development teams for each title?

A: We assemble a new team for each title. However, the main people remain
   constant including our vice president, Hironobu Sakaguchi, who is the 
   driving force behind the series.

Q: We are always astounded by the superb music in FF games. Who is the
   composer?

A: The man responsible for all the FF music is Nobuo Uenatsu, our resident
   maestro.

Q: In Japan, the soundtracks of FF titles are available on CD. How big is the 
   lineup? Are these music CDs popular?

A: CDs of all original soundtracks have been released for the FF series ti-
   tles. Besides these, arranged versions based on the original soundtracks
   such as orchestral arrangements have also been released for every title.
   The 3-CD FFVI original soundtrack has been our biggest seller to date with
   sales topping 200,000 units.

Q: The evolution of game systems has been amazing. Are system improvements
   based on feedback from fans to a certain extent?

A: All system enhancements and features are based on the original ideas of
   our development staff.

Q: FFVI appears to have established an incredibly high standard of quality.
   Although it is premature, can FFVII keep up the series tradition of best-
   ing the game before it?

A: Our development staff upholds a policy of always using the best techniques
   available at the time. Each development team therefore aims to make a game
   that's better than the one before it.

Q: In Japan, an FF anime series was produced. Which game is the story based
   on? Will it be released in America?

A: The story is set in the world of FFV, but 150 years later. We are present-
   ly considering releasing it in America.

Q: Is there any possibility of seeing FF titles on the Ultra 64 and/or other
   next generation systems?

A: We are evaluating possibilities. On a purely hypothetical level, we think
   that the odds are slightly better for Ultra 64 than other new game sys-
   tems.

Q: Finally, how about a few words for the Square fans in America?

A: We will stand by our policy of consistently making games that betray your
   expectations for the better. Count on us for games that will make you go,
   "Wow!"

                       ***************************

Thanks to EGM and Super Play Magazines for letting us reprint those info-
packed articles!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                             PART SIX-Rumors
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Wizard 201

There are currently several rumors out there about different characters and
items that are supposed to be 'TOP SECRET' Items that Square has hidden deep
within Final Fantasy Three, most of the rumors are very absurd, but here are
the best of those that have at least some type of merit or at least are
mildly possible:

1. General Leo is the hot topic for rumors now in the FF folders. There is
   a rumor that you can bring him back to life with a potion called the
   'Ressurect Potion.' You can get it from a Gold Dragon on the big island
   (the one with trees on it) north-east of Gau's father's house. Whether
   this is true or not, I have no idea. King Kung as well as another person
   who he knows on Prodigy is supposed to have fought the Gold Dragon. King
   Kung did not get the potion when he fought the dragon, but he reports
   that the other person did, and revived Leo with it. King Kung and I have
   no proof that this is true. I might be able to prove this is true when
   I get a picture in the mail from a member of AOL (whose identity I will
   keep secret). He says that his friend found Leo, and he will take a pic-
   ture and send it to me in the mail. If it is authentic, then the Leo rumor
   will be true, but don't get your hopes up, there is a great possibility
   that this person could be lying.

2. Kappa the Imp is another greatly discussed character. There is a rumor 
   that he might be able to join your party. For those who don't remember,
   Kappa was the little Imp guy who talked to you after you got Gau from
   the Veldt. This very well might be since there are many Imp items such
   as the Imp Halberd and the Imp's Armor. But still, this is only a rumor.

3. Siegfried is the last of the 'More Secret Characters' rumors. It is said
   that you can get him in the Colesseum, but no one seems to know how. There
   are also rumors of weapons that no one can equip out of all the fourteen
   characters (that's Umaro and Gogo included). Still a rumor, but a very
   interesting possibility.

4. The Marshe Claw was rumored to be a super powerful weapon that only Sabin
   could equip, but so far, I have seen no existence of such a weapon.

5. The Gamma Sword was rumored to be an even more powerful sword than that
   of the Atma Weapon or Illumina Sword! It's said that if you circle Kefka's
   Tower in the airship, that when Doom Gaze is supposed to attack you, a
   Behemoth will attack you instead. When you defeated the Behemoth, you were
   supposed to get the Gamma Sword. Well, I know that this seems reasonable,
   but I seem to remember someone saying Doom Gaze was hovering over a certain
   area in the world, which was around the area of the Veldt. If that's
   true (I think it is) then Doom Gaze could never attack you when you're
   circling Kefka's Tower. And, in all the times I've encountered Doom Gaze,
   he's never attacked me anywhere but that region. Sorry Folks!

Well, that's about it for thr rumors section; just remember to count your
extra spaces* before you make any judgements!

* extra spaces - there are two extra spaces in the character selection
                 screen that are not filled when you have all fourteen
                 characters; this implies that there might be another,
                 if not two other, characters!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                           PART SEVEN-Credits
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't say how much that everyone has helped me with this FAQ.
Thanks to EGM and Super Play for the interviews.
I thank EVERY SINGLE member of the RPGs Unlimited! and FF/SOM Clubs and a
VERY SPECIAL thanks to the following people:

NELDOG - Parts of the Colosseum List
------------------------------------
   AOL: NELDOG 
   Internet: [email-masked]

WonTon9 - Starting the Monster List
-----------------------------------   
   AOL: WonTon9
   Internet: [email-masked]

Bombodos - Paladin's Shield GG Code
-----------------------------------   
   AOL: Bombodos
   Internet: [email-masked]

BC 002 - Game Genie Codes!
--------------------------   
   Unfortunately, he is not 
   online any longer.

GameDuster - More Game Genie Codes!
-----------------------------------   
   AOL: GameDuster
   Internet: [email-masked]

Seth Hardy - Complete Monster List
-----------------------------------   
   AOL: Seth Hardy
   Internet: [email-masked]

Dr Gamewiz - A place for the group to do research!
--------------------------------------------------
   AOL: Dr Gamewiz
   Internet: [email-masked]

Tommy J L - Lore List
---------------------
   AOL: Tommy J L
   Internet: [email-masked]

Chris38359 - Title artwork!
---------------------------   
   AOL: Chris38359
   Internet: [email-masked]

Kupos9 - Super Item GG Code
---------------------------   
   AOL: Kupos9, Tcamp2game
   Internet: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Until the next FAQ, see ya!

--Wizard 201
     AOL: Wizard 201
     Delphi: FROSTYDAD
     Internet: [email-masked], [email-masked]
     Real name: Normand Theriault

--King Kung
     AOL: King Kung1
     Prodigy: dvfd10e
     CompuServe: 75343, 1463
     Internet: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]  
     Real name: Joeseph Parise

--JonN2000
     AOL: JonN2000
     eWorld: JonN2000
     CompuServe: 73541, 3243
     Internet: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
     Real name: Jon Nathanson

Final Fantasy 3, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 2, Captain Square, the entire
Final Fantasy series, are copyright and TM of Squaresoft Inc. All characters
and game data are copyright and TM of Squaresoft Inc. SNES copyright and 
TM of Nintendo of America.