Subject: Zelda III - Spoilers! (Long)

From: psoong@bcrka368 (Paul Soong)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1993 19:37:36 GMT

This is a spoiler file that I compiled for "The Legend of Zelda:
A Link to the Past" just for fun. If I missed anything, please let
me know (post don't email). 
   I would like to see spoilers for other adventure games too,
anyone willing to do it?

WARNING: if you don't want to spoil your fun with the game, 
         PLEASE DON'T READ ON!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Items:

Lantern                ---- Link's house
family sword (level 1) ---- received from your uncle in the basement
                            of Hyrule Castle
family shield (level 1)---- received from your uncle in the basement
                            of Hyrule Castle
boomerang (level 1)    ---- in the treasure chest of Hyrule Castle
bug collecting net     ---- in a sick girl's house in Kakariko village
magic mushroom         ---- in the Lost Wood in the final path to the
                            master sword
magic powder           ---- give the magic mushroom to the witch
                            outside of the witches house
pegasus shoes          ---- received from the elder after the Eastern
                            Palace
book of Mudora         ---- in the library of the Kakariko village
ice rod                ---- in a hidden cave in the SE corner of Lake
                            Hylia.
good bee               ---- in the faeries cave (the statue) in the
                            SE corner of Lake Hylia
bow                    ---- in the big treasure chest in the Eastern
                            Palace
power grove            ---- in the big treasure chest in the Desert
                            Palace
Zora's flippers        ---- buy from the monster in the source of
                            Zora river for 500 rupees
magic boomerang (2)    ---- drop the boomerang into the mystery pond
                            in the waterfall next to the path that
                            leads to the source of Zora river
red shield (2)         ---- same as above (but drop the blue shield
                            instead) or you can buy it from a shop
                            in the dark world (West of pyramid) for
                            500 rupees
moon pearl             ---- in the big treasure chest in the Mountain
                            Tower
magic mirror           ---- received from the elder in the Mountain
                            cave
master sword (2)       ---- in the Lost Wood with 3 pendants and book
                            of Mudora
magic hammer           ---- in the big treasure chest in the Palace of
                            Darkness (dungeon 1)
hook shot              ---- in the big treasure chest in the Flooded
                            Palace (dungeon 2)
fire rod               ---- in the big treasure chest in the Skeleton
                            Forest (dungeon 3)
Titan Mitt             ---- in the big treasure chest in the Blind's
                            dungeon (dungeon 4)
master sword (3)       ---- bring the frog from the village of outcast
                            back to the light world. He is the lost
                            partner of the blacksmith
blue mail              ---- in the big treasure chest in the Ice Lake
                            dungeon (dungeon 5)
staff of Somaria       ---- in the big treasure chest in the Misery
                            Mire dungeon (dungeon 6)
super bomb             ---- after dungeon 5 and 6, you can buy a super
                            bomb for 100 rupees in the bomb shop. you
                            need it to open the mystery pond inside the
                            pyramid
silver bow and arrow   ---- drop the bow into the mystery pond inside
                            the pyramid
master sword (4)       ---- same as above, but drop your sword
mirror shield (3)      ---- in the big treasure chest in the Turtle Rock
                            dungeon (dungeon 7)
Red mail (3)           ---- in the big treasure chest in the Gannon Tower
magic bottle           ---- 1. buy from the bottle seller in Kakariko
                               village
                            2. in the treasure chest inside the Kakariko
                               Inn
                            3. from a guy sleeping under a bridge off
                               entrance to Eastern Palace
                            4. from a mystery chest appear in the house in
                               the dark world corresponding to blacksmitch
                               house in the light world. Take it to the
                               man standing in the entrance to the desert
staff of Byrna         ---- in a cave up in the mountain in the dark world
magic cape             ---- under the (NE) gravestone (dash against it)
magic shovel           ---- from the flute boy in the dark world
magic flute            ---- in the NW corner in the haunted grove
Ether medallion        ---- up in the mountain Hera
Bombos medallion       ---- up in the cliff, NE corner of entrance to desert
Quake medallion        ---- source of the river in the dark world, the
                            catfish will give it to you

Pieces of Heart containers (24 pieces):
--------------------------------------
1.  in a cave in the NW corner of Kakariko village
2.  in the basement of Blind hideout in the Kakariko village
3.  in the game yard in Kakariko village
4.  in the swamp ruins
5.  desert sanctuary
6.  in the cliff (SW) of desert palace
7.  in a cave under a pile of stone west of sanctuary
8.  in an island in the source of Zora river
9.  in a cave in mountain Hera (under the spectacle rock)
10. up in the spectacle rock in mountain Hera
11. in a cave in the Lost wood forest (hideout of the thief, drop down from
    a pit under a bush)
12. in the edge of the pyramid
13. in an island in the Lake Hylia
14. in a cave in front of haunted grove
15. in a cave north of the graveyard
16. in a cave behind the lumber jack house
17. in a cave under a tree in the dark world where blacksmitch house should
    be
18. up in an opening of a cave corresponding to mountain cave entrance in
    the dark world
19. treasure chest house (keep playing)
20. treasure yard (keep playing)
21. in a cave hidden under a large stone in the east side desert palace
    NW from desert sanctuary
22. in a treasure chest inside the left entrance of Misery Mire dungeon
23. in the peak of death mountain (must go through the special cave in
    the dark world and warp back to light world)
24. in the cave in the death mountain (only accessable by warp back from
    one of the opening in the turtle rock dungeon)

Dungeon masters:
---------------
Eastern Palace:     6 Armos Knights
                    arrows (if run out then sword)
Desert Palace:      3 giant sand worms
                    sword will do (if you want, you can use ice rod)
Mountain Tower:     giant wurm
                    sword on the tail
Hyrule Tower:       Agahnim the wizard
                    master sword (reflect the energy bolt back to him)
Palace of Darkness: giant armour scorpion
                    bombs or magic hammer of the armour plate, then
                    sword or arrow
Flooded Palace:     giant jelly fish
                    use hoot shot to pull the surround spheres off
                    and destory them one by one with sword, then finish 
                    it off with sword again
Skeleton Forest:    giant flying moth ???
                    fire rod and sword
Blind's Dungeon:    Blind the wizard
                    use your sword until he regenerated his body twice
                    then he is history
Ice Lake Dungeon:   3 giant freezing eyes
                    use fire rod or bombos medallion to melt the ice first
                    then use your sword on each of them
Misery Mire Dungeon:giant floating eye with eight small ones
                    use your sword on the small ones as they come to you
                    one by one, then attack the big one
Turtle Rock Dungeon:3 headed snake ???
                    use fire rod on the ice breathing head first, then
                    use ice rod on the fire breathing head, then
                    attack the middle growing section of the snake
Gannon's Tower:     Agahnim the wizard
                    same as before. (but chase after the real one, not
                    the fake ones)
Pyramid:            Gannon
                    stun him (turn blue) and hit him with silver arrow,
                    4 times and he is history

special cave in the mountain in the dark world:
----------------------------------------------
There is a special cave up in the mountain in the dark world under a
pile of stone (or a large stone? I forgot). You will find a path that
seems to be broken (actually it is transparent tile) and also a lot of
flooding platforms with treasure (rupees).
To cross it, you have to go straight for half the distance, turn right
for half the distance, turn left for half the distance, turn left for
half the distance, turn right (now you should be in front of the path)
go straight. Blow up the wall, inside there is a faeries queen cave,
a faeries cave (with 4 faeries) and a opening to the peak of the
mountain.

half your magic consumption:
---------------------------
use magic powder on the statue in the well off the blacksmitch house.
Good for the last dungeon and pyramid.

Accessing the dungeons:
----------------------
1. palace of darkness: the monkey will open the door for you
2. flooded palace:     switch in swamp ruins
3. skeleton forest:    for the last entrance, use the fire rod on
                       the statue
4. blind's dungeon:    pull the fork of the status in village of
                       outcast
5. ice lake dungeon:   use the magic transporter on pond of wishing
6. misery mire dungeon:flute bird and ether medallion
7. turtle rock dungeon:hammer the poles in the death mountain, use
                       the magic transporter, then use the quake
                       medallion
--------------------------------------------------------------------

===========================================================================
Paul Soong
Bell-Northern Research,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"The opinions expressed in the preceding program do not reflect
 the views of the producers, sponsers or employers."