Newsgroups: rec.drugs.cannabis

Although, colors seem brighter when I've smoked up
pretty much, the most peculiar effect I experience however, is
that the 'meaning' of things/events (semantics) seems to alter
significantly. Observed events (or thoughts) have an 
(emotional/rational) impact upon the subject (completely) 
different from normal perception.
Let me clarify this with an example; when I normally (that
is, not high on pot) watch the News on TV and hear about
some particular event. I tend to think something like, oh... 
well, ok this or that happened, there's nothing I can do about 
it, it's (probably) not gonna effect my life, so in a way
most 'news' is viewed upon merely as (informative) amusement.
When high on pot however, most events described in the news
typically seem to have much more relevancy to me, in general
implicational strucures (if then) which have a scope that 
ranges beyond me, are realized to an extend I donot experience
sober. It's quite hard to explain the actual process. I'll just
give a specific example of an implicational strucure as 
experienced high on pot: suppose darwin was right about 
evolution, then a typical implication is that EVERY animal (plant)
on this planet (including you), has a common ancestor with ME.
Okay, hell you say, SO WHAT??? Well, nothing (at least, not 
necesseraly), but when I'm high, these kinds of realizations 
(can) have a very big impact on me (or in other words; they 
seem very relevant).
							Niek