Newsgroups: talk.politics.drugs,alt.drugs.culture,rec.drugs.misc

As promised, here's a true story about Swedish Customs. As you know, in 
Sweden they take their drugs seriously. Beer is so expensive you need a 
mortgage to get drunk, and Narco Cops grab suspicious people off the 
streets and subject their bodily fluids to tests to determine if they 
are criminals or not. Sweden has a particularly high suicide rate. 

Eric was going to a Swedish Juggling Convention. His VW Campervan was 
full of beanbags, clubs, rings, jugglers ... the usual juggling 
paraphenalia. He also had some grass, some hash, a few trips, and a 
little cocaine. Eric didn't know that the Swedes are fanatical about 
drugs, did he? He also didn't know there was a British football team 
playing in the country, and because the border guards thought his mob 
were British football fans he'd get thoroughly searched. 

His description of the search always cracks me up. The guards moved his 
van into a little barn off to one side, and started stripping everything 
out. "They kept saying 'Hurdy Gurdy football?' When they understood what 
all the juggling kit was for they started saying 'Hurdy Gurdy Circus?' 
a lot instead. They didn't find the stash, though. We were all tripping 
at the time but I don't think we would have understood them even if we 
were straight." 

I won't list the tiny nooks and crannies that he used to hide his stash, 
but this does illustrate how difficult to stop someone from taking drugs 
across a border, even if the country has a positively rabid anti-drug 
policy.