Subject: Sink Bong
From: [email-masked] (Grim Tiberius Reaper)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1993 21:36:14 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.drugs

This will be terribly difficult to describe, but the world must know... it
is in my opinion the single greatest pot invention mankind has seen to date
(okay... well, it's cool anyway). And I didn't even invent it --- credit
goes to my genius roommate.

This wondrous invention is called the sink bong. I will attempt to describe
it as best I can.

You start off like you're building a standard water bong. But you leave off
the base... 

So what you have is a long (3 feet is good) acrylic tube with a stem and
bowl sticking out... you can just drill a hole in the side and use epoxy to
seal in a copper pipe... I'm sure you can find hints and stuff for this
part in various places around the net.

     |     |
     |     |
     |     | <-- Acrylic Tube
     |     |
     |     |
     |     |
     |     |
     |     |
     |     | / /
A--> |     |/ / <-- Copper Tube and Bowl
     |     / /
     |    / /
     |     |
B--> |     |
     |     |

The most important thing now is that the bottom part of the copper tube is
a few inches above the bottom of the main acrylic tube... in normal bong
assembly you'd want these close but they have to be apart for reasons that
will become clear.

Next step - fill a sink with cold water.

Okay, now put the bong in the water (with the bottom of the copper tube
BELOW the water line - see position 'A' in diagram). Suck water up until
the bong is full... this takes some sizeable lung power for long bongs. 

Now the trickiest part... pull up the bong until the bottom of the copper
tube is above the water line yet the bottom  of the acrylic tube is still
below the water line - see position 'B' in diagram. The change in water
pressures will cause air to be drawn through the bowl and copper tube and
into the bong... (LIGHT THE BOWL NOW!) - the smoke will bubble through all
the water... keep this up until the water is all gone.

When you're done, you have a bong full of extremely thick (if you're doing
it right) yet very cold and easy to draw smoke. It has traveled through an
average of a foot and a half of water (with a 3 foot bong). Plus there's no
resistance - you don't have to pull any air through water to get the hit.

Voila!

It takes a lot of practice to do it right, but once you get it down it's
incredible the size of the hits you can draw - and they're easy to smoke.

Another tip I picked up - it's easiest to keep the bong steady if you hold
it against the side of the sink.

I apologize if this is not clear - it's not easy to describe. I didn't
understand it until I was shown (and I still don't quite grasp the fluid
mechanics involved).

See you at Harvest Fest!!!

Call Stately Wayne Manor, one of the few BBS's dedicated to free speech in
Madison, WI.
(608) 256-3889 14.4 24/7 Free access to all

Grim Tiberius Reaper, [email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to [email-masked].
Due to the double-blind, any mail replies to this message will be anonymized,
and an anonymous id will be allocated automatically. You have been warned.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to [email-masked].