Subject: Sensi [Marijuana] Seed Bank Catalog -- less excerpted
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1993 22:49:16 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.drugs,talk.politics.drugs,alt.hemp

[in his previous post, an anon-o-neophyte manages to convince the anon
 daemon that the bulk of his posting is actually a .signature]

Folks,

I've just received the latest copy of the Sensi Seed Bank catalog from
Holland and thought I'd type in the seed descriptions for your
enjoyment. (Sorry I can't include the pictures, they're great!)

Reading this makes me realize how enlightened the Dutch are. How did
we get to the point where keeping the company of certain plants will
get you a ruined life, courtesy of the Government? Keep up the good
fight, let's make it legal in the US!

Disclaimer: I only wish I could be their happy customer!
 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
			SENSI   SEED   BANK

All you need, you'll find at Sensi Seed

Sensi Seed Bank B.V. is the first complete growshop in Holland. You'll
find a vast collection of books for beginner or expert, fertilizers
for growing in soil or hydroponics, lighting, ecologically sound crop
protection, growing systems and of course our unique, world-famous
seed collection. In short, a visit to our shop is a must for every
grower!

Grow it and you'll know it!

This leaflet provides you with a survey of all the seeds in our
collection. You'll find a description of the different varieties as
well as some data on harvest times and yields which will help you make
your choice. The plants fall into three categories: 1) Indoor,
2) Indoor/greenhouse, 3) Outdoor.

The indoor flowering period gives the amount of time the plants need
to finish off once you have put them into flowering (12 hours of
light/12 hours of darkness). For the outdoor varieties the data refer
to the approx. date of harvest in Holland. Because of uncertain
weather conditions in September and October we recommend to choose
early varieties for outdoor growing. The data on yield give you an
idea of the possibilities of the different varieties. Since the yield
depends on the grower as well as on the conditions the data are no
guaranteed results. The prices are given for 15 seeds.

We are not able to give any guarantees on these seeds, since we are
dealing with living material. However, we test the viability and
germination rates of all varieties on a regular basis.

The seeds are only meant for agricultural purposes within the
Netherlands. 

NORTHERN LIGHTS (Winner pure indica 88/89/90 -- Indoor)
[photo: mouth watering shot of a sticky bud]

An absolute must for the indoor grower! For the last couple of years
the Northern Lights has dominated the various Harvest Festivals. Through
selective breeding we have succeeded in producing one of the most
powerful plants in the world. On top of that, we have developed a
strain highly adapted for indoor growing: short, stocky plants that
produce maximum yields in the shortest possible time.

Flowering: 45-50 days
Height 100-125 cm
Yield: up to 125 gr
Price: fl. 200.00 [that's Guilders -- 1.8 to the dollar these days. It
		   works out to about $7.50 a seed]

SILVER HAZE (champion 89 -- Indoor)
[photo: mouth watering shot of a sticky bud]

Although the cerebral high of Sativa is preferred by many, indoor
growers aren't too fond of this type: Sativas get very tall, take a
long time to finish off and produce skimpy yields. We have spent years
searching for a superb Indica/Sativa hybrid suited for indoor growing.
By crossing the Haze, the most powerful Sativa in the world, to a
non-dominant Indica we managed to get the height and flowering time
of the plant down to an acceptable level and still retain the unique
Sativa qualities of the high. The result: the Silver Haze, winner of
the '89 High Times Harvest Festival. Don't expect top yields but top
quality that will excite the true connoisseur.

Flowering: 65-75 days
Height: 150-180 cm.
Yield: up to 100 gr.
Price: fl. 200.00

SHIVA SHANTI I (Indoor)

This Afghani with its penetrating Indica aroma is one of the best
yielders in the collection. Due to its top indoor performance combined
with a pleasant taste and high the Shiva Shanti is one of our most
popular varieties.

Flowering: 50-65 days
Height: 110-150 cm
Yield: up to 150 gr.
Price: fl. 60.00

BIG BUD (winner: Mostly Indica '89 -- Indoor)

For sheer yield and hybrid vigor, this is the best yet. The plants
surprise even experienced growers. Huge buds, excellent resin, taste
and high. Somewhat variable, approx. 1 in 4 females will be an extreme
heavy yielder, with the longer flowering plants giving the biggest
yields.

Flowering: 50-65 days
Height: 110-150 cm
Yield: up to 150 gr.
Price: fl. 160.00

NORTHERN LIGHTS #5 X HAZE (Winner: Mostly Sativa '90 -- Indoor)

Finally for sale in Holland: this superb Indica/Sativa hybrid, a cross
between our best Indica and Sativa strains. Extremely potent with
unique Sativa qualities to the high. Due to the Haze influence this
hybrid tends to stretch in height during flowering. Therefore it must
be flowered when very small. An excellent choice for an ebb and flow
table. Cuttings can be put into flowering as soon as they show roots.
The 10 week flowering period is well compensated with an excellent
yield. 

Flowering: 65-75 days
Height: 150-180 cm
Yield: up to 150 gr.
Price: fl. 250.00

FOUR-WAY (indoor)

This is a 4-way hybrid of our best indoor strains. Although somewhat
variable in growth pattern, all plants were fast flowering and of very
high quality. The seedlings tested from this hybrid had some of the
sweetest, most balanced tastes and highs that we have yet produced.

Flowering: 45-60 days
Height: 100-150 cm.
Yield: up to 100 gr.
Price: fl. 150.00

HINDU KUSH (Indoor)

After years of inbreeding and back crossing the Hindu Kush is now
available as a pure strain. The seedlings are very even and
consistent, an excellent indoor variety for crops from seed.
Wonderfully potent, but not devastating, very mild for an Indica.

Flowering: 45-50 days
Height: 115-130 cm.
Yield: up to 90 gr.
Price: fl. 100.00

AFRICAN QUEEN (Indoor)

We have crossed our best South African strains to make this vigorous
Indica/Sativa hybrid. The strain produces resinous buds with a sweet,
fresh taste and excellent potency.

Flowering: 50-60 days
Height: 120-150 cm.
Yield: up to 100 gr.
Price: fl. 75.00

SUPER SKUNK (Winner: Mostly indica '90. -- Indoor/Greenhouse)
[photo: mouth watering shot of a greenhouse full of sticky bud]

This plant is especially developed for Skunk lovers. We have crossed
our best Skunks to their Afghani ancestors. Brush against this plant
and the room becomes immediately filled with a powerful Skunk aroma.
Despite the smell a very pleasant high with a little more body to it
than the Skunk #1. One of the winners of the 1990 High Times Harvest
Festival where it clearly defeated Skunk #1.

Flowering: 45-50 days
Height: 120-150 cm
Yield: up to 125 gr.
Finishing date in greenhouse: mid-October
Yield in greenhouse: up to 500 gr.
Price: fl. 80.00

SENSI SKUNK (Indoor/Greenhouse)

A strong plant with that typical Skunky taste and high. It has a high
calyx to leaf ration with large, full buds (donkey dicks). Its
excellent yield make this one an absolute must for the greenhouse
grower. 

Flowering: 45-50 days
Height: 120-150 cm.
Yield: up to 100 gr.
Finishing date in greenhouse: mid-October
Yield in greenhouse: up to 500 gr.
Price: fl. 35.00

SILVER PEARL (Indoor/Greenhouse)

The mother of our famous Silver Haze now for sale as a separate
strain! This 3 way hybrid contains Early Pearl, Skunk #1 and Northern
Lights. This hybrid is quicker and sweeter than the Shiva Skunk.
Excellent indoor and greenhouse results. Plants exhibit frosted
resinous chracteristsics of the Northern Lights #5 and the sweetness
and calyx-to-leaf ratio of Early Pearl/Skunk.

Flowering: 45-50 days
Height: 100-1250 cm.
Yield: up to 100 gr.
Finishing date in greenhouse: end of Sept.
Yield in greenhouse: up to 500 gr.
Price: fl. 125.00

SKUNK #1 (Indoor/Greenhouse)

Originally an Indica-Sativa hybrid, Skunk #1 is now one of the most
consistently performing true breeding strains in the world. Skunk #1
produces large buds with a very high calyx-to-leaf ratio. An excellent
choice for the greenhouse.

Flowering: 45-50 days
Height: 120-150 cm.
Yield: up to 100 gr.
Flowering in greenhouse: mid-0ctober
Yield in greenhouse: up to 500 gr.
Price: fl. 35.00

SHIVA SKUNK (Winner: mostly indica '88 -- Indoor/Greenhouse)

This cross between Skunk #1 and Northern Lights #5 is one of the most
reliable varieties that we have ever produced. Excellent hybrid vigor
and yield make this one a snap to grow. Works superbly indoors as well
as in a greenhouse. Taste and high are similar to Skunk #1, a rich
sweet pungency, but with more resin and better yield. High
calyx-to-leaf ratio you can almost throw those scissors away as very
little manicure is required. An absolute must for beginners or
experts.

Flowering: 45-55 days
Height: 125 cm.
Yield: up to 100 gr.
Flowering in greenhouse: end of October
Yield in greenhouse: up to 500 gr.
Price: fl. 150.00

SKUNK KUSH (Indoor/Greenhouse)

A hybrid between our best Hindu Kush and the famous Skunk #1. It has
the distinctive qualities of Skunk and the unique pungency of Kush
together in a vigorous, even blend. Excellent greenhouse performance.

Flowering: 50-60 days
Height: 110-140 cm.
Yield: up to 100 gr.
Flowering in greenhouse: end of October
Yield in greenhouse: up to 500 gr.
Price: fl. 150.00

RUDERALIS SKUNK (Outdoor)
[photo: mouth watering shot of a field full of sticky bud]

Ruderalis is an early-flowering variety that grows wild in parts of
Eastern Europe and Russia. We have used the early flowering
characteristic of Ruderalis to improve the outdoor performance of some
of our best varieties. The advantage of a Ruderalis hybrid is that
approx. 50% of the seedlings will begin flowering at the 5-7th
internode, regardless of the photoperiod (finishing date Sept. 1). The
other half of the seedlings will be much later (October).

Finish: Sept-Oct.
Height: 2-3 m.
Yield: up to 300 gr.
Price: fl. 80.00

DURBAN (Outdoor)

A very early strain from South Africa. Durban is a compact Sativa with
a sweet aroma and an up high. One of the most reliable early outdoor
varieties, it will produce chunky, solid buds even during the worst
season. If you haven't tried Durban, you are missing out on one of the
easiest to grow, highest-quality early varieties in the world.

Finishing: end of Sept.
Height: 1.5-2.5 m
Yield: up to 400 gr.
Price: fl. 100.00

EARLY SKUNK (Outdoor)

An excellent hybrid between Skunk #1 and Early Pearl. Outdoor growers
are usually dissatisfied wit the finishing date of the regular Skunk
strain. The Early Skunk finishes about 2 weeks earlier than Skunk #1
due to the influence of the Early Pearl. The influence of the latter
is also noticeable in the smell and the high: sweet and smooth. On top
of that: the strain combines a good yield with mold resistance.

Finishing date: Oct. 1
Height: 2-3m.
Yield: up to 500 gr.
Price: fl. 60.00

EARLY GIRL (Outdoor)

This is a mostly Indica variety, one of the earliest in our
collection. Very potent, medium yield, with a hashy taste and aroma.
These compact plants will tend to grow to one main stem. An ideal
choice for your balcony!

Finishing: mid-Sept
Height: 1.5-2m.
Yield: up to 250 gr.
Price: fl. 100.00

EARLY PEARL (Outdoor)

Early Pearl has always been one of our most popular outdoor varieties.
Wonderfully sweet and resinous, the plants have a mostly Sativa
dominated growth pattern, with excellent potency. Very mold resistant,
even during the worst season.

Finishing: end of Sept.
Height: 2-3m.
Yield: up to 400 gr.
Price: fl. 100.00

SPECIAL OFFERS:
SHIVA SHANTI II (Indoor/Greenhouse)	Fl. 20.00
RUDERALIS INDICA (Outdoor)		Fl. 25.00
MEXICAN SATIVA (Outdoor)		Fl. 25.00

(R) Registered Trademark. These original varieties, selected and
improved through the years, are only available at the Sensi Seed Bank
B.V. Exclusively registered and protected by Sensi, at Benelux merken
bureau.

[The catalog also has growing equipment and books]

Sensi Seed Bank B.V.
Address:
Oudezijds Achterburgwal 150
Postal address:
Postbus 2662
1000 CR Amsterdam
Telephone: 020-6240386
Bank Account no.: 48.73.90.369
Opening hours:
Monday-Friday: 11 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: 11 AM - 5 PM

For Postal delivery, ring from the Netherlands: 010-4763044, from
outside the Netherlands +31104763044.

[I already called, gang -- they don't ship seeds outside the country,
 not even for "research" purposes, or whatever it was I was going to
 do with them. I suggest we don't make their life difficult by
 hounding them -- they absolutely do not deserve to be hassled.]

Sensi Seeds
Henegouwerlaan 73 - Rotterdam
Tel: 010-4763044
     010-4763252
Opening Hours: Daily 10 AM - 1 PM

Hasj & Marihuana Info Museum
OZ Achterburgwal 148 - Amsterdam
Tel: 020-6235961
Opening hours: Sun- Wed 11 AM -  6 PM
	       Thu- Sat 11 AM - 10 PM

Sensi Seeds
Nieuweweg 45 - Groningen
Tel: 050-128016
Opening hours: Sun- Thu 12 AM - 12 PM
	       Fri- Sat 12 AM -  1 PM

Cover Photo: Northern Lights #5 in Cannabis Cup to celebrate our third
consecutive win in the High Times Harvest Festival

! In some countries it is forbidden to import hemp seeds. If you want
to take seeds with you into other countries, you'll have to check the
local customs regulations. Failure to do so might endanger your
safety. Sensi Seed Bank B.V. does not accept any responsibility for
violations of customs regulations.

Sensi Seed Bank B. V. does not accept any product-liability.

Prices are subject to change.
 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, these guys have obviously done their homework. Which leads me to
comment on that phrase I saw yesterday:

	"Would you like to do your homework or smoke two joints?"
	"Yes!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to [email-masked].
Due to the double-blind, any mail replies to this message will be anonymized,
and an anonymous id will be allocated automatically. You have been warned.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to [email-masked].