From: [email-masked]

I am a popular commodity amoung some people I know, I am the only one
who knows how to roll a joint. Now this is because I tend to be older
than most of the people who smoke dope around me and have a bit more
intense life lesson than others.

I like rolling joints. It is a very viscereal pleasure, you get to
play with the nifty green stuff and it gives your hands something to
do. This is especially nice if it is good if you don't wanna get
really stoned but just catch a nice buzz and instead of keeping your
hands busy smoking you keep 'em busy rolling.

I like that green stuff. It's cool, kinda like oregano or some other green 
bulk spice but you know it aint. It has the smell, strange how
so many people don't groove to it, ahh well learnd response, like
appreciating good scotch. It reminds me of harvest day, right after
the fruit has been reaped and the oils and esthers fill the air. Very
good green homey feel to it. Then you get into carding the stuff to
take out the seeds and stems and to break it down so it will roll
effectively. It has to feel right, a bit drier than the best feel,
where it is so sticky with resin that all you can do is load it into
a bowl and do bong hits until your brain goes numb. 

You gotta decide how fine you are gonna sift the shake. I know some
who remove everything until nothing is left but a fine red dust. I
don't like that, it takes too long, and casues too many volatiles to
be released as you card it, and makes really lousey joints that pack
too tightly and don't draw worth shit. We all roll joints to match our
personality, my joins tend to have stuff in them that shouldn't be
there, leave things on the tray that SHOULD be, double paper walled,
kinda fat in the middle, nice where it meats the mouth, and fulla
garbage that gets burnt. 

Once you got the grass ready you them have to get you papers in order.
The way I learned to make a joint was to make a boat out of the paper.
Take the paper in you hand so that the gummed side is up and the
crease is away from you, the short sides are called edges and the long
sides are called sides. You fold the end towards the side, each in turn. 
First you take the left edge and you fold it about the top corner of
that edge, bringing the lower corner up to where it meets the top side
and the edge is perfectly in line with the side. Then you do the same
thing about the bottom corner, and then you do it for each of the
other corners on the other side. You have to make sure all the creases
are away from you, then, from where the two bisectors meet on out to
the edge you fold agains the crease, you fold in the same place but in
the other direction of the original crease

You do that with each edge and you get a little paper boat into which
you can shift your sift. After having thoughly raked the herb you wind
up with a little mound of grass, how big depends on how strong the
grass is, how big the papers are, and how stoned you wanna get. I
usually use a bit more than would fill a large bowl. You pick the
gras up between you fingers and dust it into the paper boat. Try to
get it even but don't worry about it you can fix it. Towards the
bottom of the mound you run into stuff too fine pick up with your
fingers, I consider it a point of grace to card once, and once only,
it back into a smalled mound and then try to get at least one good
pinch or two from it and let the rest of the shit go back into the
baggie until one is scaping for anything green that burns. As you load
the paper you are gonna spill dust, just let it go. Make sure you load over 
the tray and you will either get it with the cleanup card or smoke it
some other time.

Now you take your boat full of dope and begin leveling it. Stir it
about with your finger to balance as much as possible and then you
will begin rolling it. Make sure the gummed side is away from you if
there is one. You roll it to settle the grass and get it
even, and ya try to get it to spread out towards the edges. This is
where people who use doller bills use them, I always thought it was
too much hassle to fuck with. Once you have it spread to suit your
desires you then have to roll the paper up into a joint. This is the
tricky part. I always try to finish rolling it so that it is very near
the ungummed edge and then to just fold that over and roll it up. Try
to get it a bit tighter than you wanna some cause it will looesen as you
roll it up. Just before your finished you have to lick the gum. The
best I ever saw anyone do that was this little oriental girl I knew
who had the most pointed tounge that was always moist. She had absolute
control over her tounge, she could make it do things that would give
you an orgasm just watching the movements. I being who I am tend to
either slobber a bit too much or not get enough on there, it could be
better but it works. You finish rolling it up and and then you gotta
close the sides.

The best way I have found to close the sides is to just roll one end
and figure what gets caught gets caught and turn it so the other end
is upright and then use a small poker to pull out things which stick
out and push in the stuff that needs to go inside. Roll the ends
counter to each other and lick to close. I got friends that stick half
the damned joint in thier mouths, and others who just touch it to
thier tounge. I am undecided, the wetter it gets the better the joint
is but it just grates my aesthetics. Let it dry and you gotta joint. I
tend to double wrap mine, by rolling that joint in annother, it
strengths that fragine middle section and generally keeps a tight nice
looking joint. I also tend to tear off that messy end, the one that
caught what got caught, to suck on, and use the flashy paper tail to
light it.

****************************** Article Separation ****************************
From:  [email-masked]

	Last week I celebrated my promotion (like getting tenure at U of
Chicago).  After giving every one a "Hemp Saftey Course" including the
video of "Hemp for Victory" I brought out a batch of brownies.  The "pro's"
in the group said they tasted like "liquid hash".  Most people said they
felt good till 4pm the next day.  So I thought I'd share the recipe with
the net:
	Start with Hershey's Premium Baking Bar Unsweetened Chocolate.
On the back is a recipe for brownies which includes 1 cup butter, 4 squares
of chocolate, 2 cups sugar, 4 eggs, 1 cup of flour, and vanilla extract.
Start with dry hemp leaves and grind them in a coffee grinder to a fine 
powder.  Put in a measuring cup until ~75 ml of "green flour" is made.
Fill to the 1 cup mark (250 ml) with regular flour.  Proceed with recipe
on box: Heat oven to 350 F, Grease 13x9x2 (inch) pan.  Heat butter and
chocolate and stir with wooden spoon until smooth.  Stir in sugar.  Add
eggs one at a time.  Add vanilla extract and stir in flour mixture.
Add nuts if desired (a very nice touch I think) and bake for 40 minutes.
It seemed to take 10 minutes longer than the box suggested (30 minutes)
to be completely baked through.  Makes 3 dozen brownies.  Take 2 and wait
an hour.  Take 4 and cruise for 12 hours.  Enjoy!

****************************** Article Separation ***************************

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Sep 91 10:37:37 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.drugs

In the interests of making marihuana use a little bit safer, to prove that 
use does not automatically equate to lung cancer, here are two use methods 
that bear attention:
 
The Dual-Chambered, Hot-Cold Bong

[it was noted in a followup that a hot-hot bong would supposedly be better
 because the temperature is not the key, its the water vapor.  Experiment
 and figure out for yourself what works better  -- Lamont]
 
Basic Design (can be modified to fit different styles):  
 
               Suck In
               Here
             |         |             +---------+
             |         |             |         |
             |         |             |         |
             |         |             |         |
  Carb Hole ==         |             |  /      |
             |         |              /  /     |
        +--+ |---------| +--+       /  /       |   \Bowl /
        |  | |  Water  | |  |     /  / --------|    \   /
        |  | |         | |  |   /  / |         |    /  /
        |  | |         | |  | /  /   |  Water  |  /  /
        |  | |         | |  /  /     |         |/  /
        |  | |         |  /  /       |        /  /
        |  | |          /  /         |      /  / 
        |  | |        /  /  |        |       / |
        |  | |      /  / |  |        |         |
        |  | |       / | |  |        |         |
        |  | |         | |  |        +---------+
        |  | |         | |  |         | | | | | 
        |  | +---------+ |  |       +-----------+
        |  |             |  |       | Hot Plate |
        |  |             |  |       +-----------+
        |  +-------------+  |
        |   Cooling Coils   |
        +-------------------+
 
Basically, the principle goes like this: Most of the carcinogens in 
marihuana smoke are water-soluble.  THC is not.  Therefore, the bong was 
invented to remove carcinogens and to cool the smoke.  However, warm to hot 
water does tend to remove more carcinogens than does cold water, so using 
hot water would seem to make the smoke much safer to breathe (and still 
avoid lung cancer), except that the point of cooling the smoke is lost.
 
Thus, the Dual-Chambered Bong was designed to remove the most carcinogens 
as well as cool the smoke for inhalation.  Basically, the first, hot 
chamber is filled to the brim with water, and beneath it is placed some 
form of heating unit (or inside it, or whatever can be done to keep it hot).
Next, a short distance away, the second, cold chamber is placed with some 
way of keeping the area the smoke passes through really cold (such as: cold 
water with icepacks around the chamber; ice packed around a coiled tube; 
liquid nitrogen or dry ice poured/piled around the coiled tube; cold water 
in the chamber with cold water being pumped around the outside through a 
tube coiled around the chamber; etc.) to cool the smoke.  Then you keep the 
marihuana in the bowl lit by your favorite method, and treat it like an 
ordinary bong.  Since this apparatus is fairly complex, it is suggested 
that you disguise or have disguised the D-C Bong as some form of dualistic 
statuary (such as a couple kissing, where the point at which their lips 
meet is the link between the two chambers) to prevent police busts from 
wasting your investment on materials and design.
-----
For the baker or cook with less of a turn for smoking marihuana, the 
following is a recipe for marihuana brownies suggested by Timothy Leary.
 
Brownie Recipe
 
        Start with Hershey's Premium Baking Bar Unsweetened Chocolate.
On the back is a recipe for brownies which includes 1 cup butter, 4 squares
of chocolate, 2 cups sugar, 4 eggs, 1 cup of flour, and vanilla extract.
Start with dry hemp leaves and grind them in a coffee grinder to a fine 
powder.  Put in a measuring cup until approximately 1/3 cup (~75 ml) of 
"green flour" is made.  Fill to the 1 cup mark (250 ml) with regular flour.
Proceed with recipe on box: Heat oven to 350 F, Grease 13x9x2 (inch) pan.
Heat butter and chocolate and stir with wooden spoon until smooth.  Stir 
in sugar.  Add eggs one at a time.  Add vanilla extract and stir in flour
mixture.  Add nuts if desired (a very nice touch I think) and bake for 40
minutes.  It seemed to take 10 minutes longer than the box suggested (30
minutes) to be completely baked through.  Makes 3 dozen brownies.  Take 2
and wait an hour.  Take 4 and cruise for 12 hours.  Enjoy!