Subject: References as promised...
From: [email-masked] (aankrom)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 14:41:27 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.psychoactives

OK. The references that I mentioned, here they come...

"Synthesis of Ergot Alkaloids from Tryptophan"
  J Rebek Jr., et al, JACS 106, 1813 (1984)

"A New Synthesis of Lysergic Acid"
  eidem., Tet Lett 859 (1983)
(and refs. therein.)

"Emetic Activity of Reduced Lysergamides"
  FN Johnson et al, JMC 16, 532 (1973)
 (Lysergamides using s-amine and POCl3)

I still feel like making a disclaimer that I am not encouraging this 
information to be used to synthesize illegal compounds, but for 
personal enlightenment. It's time to pull chem-wannabe's out of the
Dark Ages! 

Anthony
A_-_A_-_

-- 
 OK. Lots of people got the answer to my last puzzle. I admit, it was 
easy, BUT they're supposed to get harder. I may only do one more. I like
e-mail and all, but... ;-) It may take a while for my next series -
I'm having a problem with the algorithm I'm using...