Subject: INSTITUTE FOR HEMP **FAQ**
From: Institute for Hemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 94 23:43:45 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.drugs

********************************************************
       ****** What is The Institute for Hemp all about? ******
       ********************************************************
            ****** Four of the most commonly asked ******
         ****** questions about The Institute for Hemp ******
       ********************************************************
                        The Institute for Hemp
                    PO Box 65130 St Paul, MN 55165
                        Tel/Fax: 612-222-2628
                                E-MAIL
                   INTERNET instforhemp@delphi. com
                        Compuserve: 72064,1766
            Fidonet: Institute for Hemp or John Birrenbach
 
 Many people have asked "What is The Institute for Hemp all About? "
 
    The Institute for Hemp is an Educational, Development Company
whose end goal is the Re-establishment and Maintenance of Cannabis
Hemp as a Commercial Crop for a source of raw materials in the
production of consumer products.
 
 The second question most often asked is "What is the Institute doing
                    to achieve its stated goal? "
 
    The Institute for Hemp compiles, researches and supplies
information about Hemp's Commercial applications. Each day The
Institute fields questions and fills requests for information about
the many different commercial applications of Cannabis. Our motto is
if we don't know the answer we more than likely know who you should
contact.
    The Institute for Hemp encourages the Re-establishment of
Cannabis hemp as a farm crop. As the first Organization in the United
States to attempt to obtain permits for the cultivation of Cannabis,
and, as the first in Minnesota to obtain State Permission to
cultivate Cannabis for Commercial applications in over 25 years, we
have the knowledge to help people get involved in the permit process.
The goal of this is to help to bring hemp back as a Farm crop.
    The Institute for Hemp encourages the development of Cannabis
Hemp based products and businesses. We bring together entrepreneur
Hemp Industrialists with the importers or producers of hemp raw
materials so that additional products are made from hemp. Also we
notify many retailers of the new Cannabis Hemp products that are now
available. We assist hemp manufacturers to advertise, market, &
Develop new Hemp products.
    The Institute for Hemp encourages the development of educational
materials. The Institute for Hemp works with many different
organizations around the world in the development, and or refinement,
of accurate educational materials. Part of our work is the
development of the first Video since "Hemp for Victory" on the
commercial uses of Cannabis. Since that video we have developed over
a dozen other educational videos, some we offer for sale others are
designed for Cable TV broadcast.
    The Institute for Hemp produces and maintains the worlds First
and Largest Mail Order Catalog devoted to Hemp products and
Information. In 1989 we printed the First Hemp Mail Order Catalog, 4
pages containing Videos, Hemp products and Books. The next catalog
will have grown to over 24 pages and contains almost all of the legal
hemp products available, books, videos, and other educational
materials. In addition several pages are being devoted to Flyers
about hemp (we encourage duplication & distribution). The only thing
that you'll not find in our catalog is references to "Getting High".
We have painstakingly designed this catalog so as to be able to go
into the hands of the most avid "Drug War" Supporter.
    The Institute for Hemp encourages the Media to do responsible
stories about the commercial applications of Cannabis. In the past
four years we have conducted interviews with Print, Video, & Audio
media from across the country. From KSTP-TV to Newsweek from National
Public Radio to Pulp & Paper Magazine we have assisted many media
representatives in getting the story of hemp out to the American
Public & Industry.
    The Institute for Hemp responds to Legislative attempts to
further restrict the Hemp Industry. In March of 93 we responded to
the State of Minnesota's attempt to re-define the word marijuana so
as to exclude the currently legal products. In three days we rallied
support from The Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council, The Hemp Seed
Importers, & Major Bird Food Manufacturers in order to put a halt to
the bill. We were successful in stopping Minnesota from enacting
legislation like that which was passed in Kentucky a year earlier.
    The Institute for Hemp responds to Media stories about Hemp. When
ever we hear of a story about hemp that contains inaccuracies we
contact, and encourage others to contact, the publisher and author
and make them aware of their inaccuracies. On the same note when ever
we find a reporter that has gotten the story correct and does a good
job we respond in a positive manner. We try our best to stop the
Media disinformation campaign against the Hemp plants commercial
applications and reward those that get it right.
    The Institute for Hemp protects the Hemp Consumer. In the past
few years we have seen an increase in the number of companies trying
to Utilize the term "Hemp" to market their Non-Hemp Products. To halt
this and make it easier for the consumer to confirm Cannabis content,
this year, we developed the IFH( Certification program. We work with
the manufactures of hemp products and have experts in the
identification of Cannabis and other plants examine claimed hemp
products for Cannabis content. If the examination is positive for
Cannabis we offer, for a nominal fee, Unique IFH( Real Seals for
placement on their True Cannabis Hemp products. With the use of our
unique seals (a Green Leaf with Red Check and words Certified
Cannabis), The IFH( Certification Program allows the consumer to
instantly see that a product contains Cannabis Hemp.
 
          The third most asked question is "How do I join? "
 
    First The Institute for Hemp is not a membership or volunteer
based organization. The Institute for Hemp is funded solely through
the sales of materials in our catalog and the occasional donations
and loans from friends. The Institute for Hemp considers anyone who
is working toward the Recommercialization of Cannabis as an affiliate
of sort. Anyone who calls requesting information will get what they
need, either the information or where to find out how get it. The
Institute for Hemp does publish a newsletter every other month called
"The Greenleaf News" with a years subscription for only $20.
 
     And Finally the fourth most asked question "What can I do? "
 
    First educate yourself and your friends about the value of hemp.
Then write letters to your representatives in Washington DC, and
State legislature and tell them what you think should be done. Write
letters to the local News Media, send letters to reporters asking
them to look at the story. If they need questions asked that you
can't answer send them our way. Don't just do this once and then
stop. The key to success is constant regular agitation. Make it a
point to write letters on a given night of the week. Get friends to
come over and make a gathering of it. This can be a whole lot of fun
and much more rewarding than sitting around watching some "Cop" Show
on TV.
    Thanks for your inquiry about The Institute for Hemp. If you have
any other questions please feel free to call, fax or e-mail!
    Sincerely, Hemp for Victory,
    John Birrenbach,  Founder
The Institute for Hemp
PO Box 65130  St Paul, MN  55165
Tel/Fax: 612-222-2628
INTERNET:  [email-masked]
Compuserve: 72064,1766
Fidonet Norml Echo: John Birrenbach
Office Hours:
Noon-5pm Mon - Sat
You can Fax or leave a message  at anytime!!
                                 ***
                   The Fax Machine & Modem are the
              Printing Press of Freedom for the Future!!
                                 ****
@ZEND 3-94
       ********************************************************
            ********* JUST WHO IS THE FOUNDER OF *********
              ********* THE INSTITUTE FOR HEMP *********
       ********************************************************
 
    The BIOGRAPHY of John Birrenbach, Founding President,
    The Institute for Hemp, PO Box 65130 St Paul, MN 55165
    612-222-2628
    INTERNET: instforhemp@delphi. com
    Our Goal:
    The Re-establishment of Cannabis Hemp as a Farm Crop
 
        ******************************************************
          **************** Achievements: *******************
        ******************************************************
    -Granted Conditional Permission by the State of Minnesota to
cultivate Cannabis Hemp under MN Law.
    -Provided Dramatic Testimony before Minnesota State Legislature
Judicial Sub-Committee.
    -Defeated Min. HF 851, A Bill to make Hemp products (Cloth,
Paper, Bird Food, etc) Illegal.
    -Met with Representatives of the Russia & Ukraine.
    -Production of a Series of Videos about Cannabis.
    -Discovery in National Archives of USDA Film "Hemp for Victory"
    -Worlds First & Largest Mail Order Catalog devoted to Hemp
Products and Information.
    -Publication of Newsletter "The Greenleaf News"
    -Publication of Article "How to Grow Legal Hemp" in High Times
Magazine Best of #10
    -Publication of Report A: On the Laws Governing Hemp
    -Publication of Report B: Re-examination of USDA #404
 
                          *****************
                          **Interviewed By**
                          *****************
    Time Magazine, Wall Street Journal, Mpls Star Tribune, KSTP TV,
Mankato Free Press, Omniscope Mag, WCCO TV, Twin Cities Reader,
St Paul Pioneer Press, KS95, KSTP AM, Barbara Carlson, WCCO AM,
Highland Villager, KNOW AM PBS, Dark Star, KTTC TV, Jim Rogers,
Newsweek, Minnesota, Public Radio, KFAI AM, USDA, Earth Island
Journal, E-Mag, U. S. EPA, and many others.
                          *****************
                    **Acknowledged Live Speaker**
                          *****************
    Mr. Birrenbach has Spoken before crowds as large as 10,000 at:
    --Beloit College--UNI Alternative Energy Expo--S. F. Earthday
    Festival--Hempstock--Ann Arbor Hash Bash--UNI Earthday Festival
    --Great Midwest Marijuana Harvest Festival--Weedstock--
    --Jurassic Jam--Revolutionary Dance Party--Minnesota Tea Party
                  --and before many private groups--
                               *******
                Cannabis Hemp More than Just Marijuana
                     Its Paper, Fuel, Fiber, Food
               Its a Cleaner World, & Healthier Economy
                               *******
    If you would like to Book Mr. Birrenbach for an interview or need
more information about the Commercial applications of Cannabis Hemp
please call 612-222-2628
    *****************
3-23-94