Subject: nitrous and famous
From: [email-masked] (Jan Remmert Pels)
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1993 03:22:39 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.drugs

Hello everybody,

I promised to send out this list I have, with well known people, using
n2o (nitrous oxide) as a drug. I am sorry, but this list is somewhat
Anglo-saxon-oriented, but what can you expect? The original list was
published in 'The book of lists' by Wallechinsky et al. And it gives
also lists of famous people usingcocaine, hash, morfine, LSD, mescaline
heroine and opium. If anyone is interested, well, let me know or buy the
book. It is a bit old, but still as interesting as an old 'Guiness book
of records'.

Thomas Wedgwood, 1771-1805, English Physicist
Samuel Taylor Coleridge, 1772-1834, English Poet
Robert Southey, 1774-1843, English Poet
Humphrey Davy, 1778-1829, English Chemist
Peter Mark Roget, 1779-1889, Author of 'Roget's Thesaurus'
Samuel Colt, 1814-1862, American Inventor of the Colt .45 revolver
William James, 1842-1910, American Philosopher
Theodore Dreiser, 1871-1945, American Writer and Journalist
Winston Churchill, 1874-1965, English Politician (...)
Peter Ouspenski, 1878-1947, Russian descipel of Gudjieff
Allen Grinsberg, 1926-, American Poet
Gregori Corso, 1930-, American Poet
Ken Kesey, 1965-, American Writer

Well, that's it. Be happy with it and I am not responsible for any
mistakes, that has been made by the authors of the Book of Lists.

Jan R. Pels
Delft University of Technology, Department of Chemical Engineering
Julianalaan 136, 2628 BL  Delft, The Netherlands
telephone: +31 (15) 784356, telefax: +31 (15) 784452

"Life is the way you think about yourself, through the day."