Subject: Re: Eating/cooking MJ
From: [email-masked] (Jeffq)
Date: 19 Feb 1993 22:15:12 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.drugs

[email-masked] writes:

>Hi.  I've been reading articles and the like on this newsgroup for quite
>some time.  Most of the previous questions I have had have been answered.
>However, I thought of one which has not: When cooking MJ (ie. brownies) does
>the smell of the MJ permeate throughout the kitchen area?  I'm asking because
>it's something that I've always wanted to bake, but I like in the dorms and 
>the only kitchen area is right in the lobby.  Course I'm not looking to get
>busted.  Thanks in advance.   

YES IT DOES!!!

It's about as easy to conceal as baking-chocolate-chip-cookie-fumes on
a cold morning.

-jq
-- 
,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,
,;';,   [email-masked]               Jeff Ishaq          .,;';,
,;';,   I am a meatball:  Bite me.           Guitar withdrawal!  .,;';,
,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,

From: [email-masked] (Craig T Manske)
Date: 21 Feb 1993 07:46:11 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.drugs
Subject: Re: Eating/cooking MJ

From article <[email-masked]>, by [email-masked]:
> Hi.  I've been reading articles and the like on this newsgroup for quite
> some time.  Most of the previous questions I have had have been answered.
> However, I thought of one which has not: When cooking MJ (ie. brownies) does
> the smell of the MJ permeate throughout the kitchen area?  I'm asking because
> it's something that I've always wanted to bake, but I like in the dorms and 
> the only kitchen area is right in the lobby.  Course I'm not looking to get
> busted.  Thanks in advance.   

	It didn't for me.   I took an 1/8oz of smoke, chopped it all very fine
until it was all sift, and added it to some Microwave (Not MicroRave, some 
other brand) browines and cooked it in the micro for 8 minutes... All I could
smell was chocolate!    From there, I went to the Lallapalooza concert in
Milwaukee, and had one in the car 15 minutes from the gate (All this doing a
poilce road check for intoxicants :) )...  Anyways, it hit me 20-30 minutes
later, and kept getting stronger and stronger for the next hour.    The next
5 hours were great... Seems much more mellow than smoking a number of bowls,
although it was a very strange feeling to not smoke something and just get more
and more stoned.   The best part of eating pot brownies is getting a very small
smidgen stuck of a bud stuck between your teeth mixed with chocolate!!!!

		Rodney

From: [email-masked] (David Johnston)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1993 23:12:31 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.drugs
Subject: Re: Eating/cooking MJ

In a previous article, [email-masked] (Paul Stanford) says:

>
>No, when cooking MJ brownies, the smell of baking brownies permeates the
>kitchen area. Cook the ganja in butter first, then mix it into the brownies.
>Enjoy in the privacy of your own home.
>
>
	I have no doubt this has been stated before, but I might as well
add it to this string as well.
	If you fry the dope in butter or oil before cooking with it, you
will alter the kind of high you get.  Without frying, you'll be stoned out
of your mind, immobile on the couch for the duration.  With frying, you
are stoned out of your mind, running around laughing like an idiot.  I
much prefer the latter.	
	I've been told that this is because the frying dissolves the THC
out of the dope and into the butter, which allows it to enter the
bloodstream faster.  Come to think of it, this would seem to suggest that
the effects would be reversed. Any confirmation/denial, anyone?

			Dave

P.S.  My favorite recipe:  Open an oreo cookie, and scoop out a small
depression in the icing (yes, I *know* what's in that icing.  I try not to
think of it.)
	Take a quarter gram of hash, heat it, and crumble it up.  Then
heat a bit of butter, about the same amount as the hash you broke up, in a
spoon over a stove element, candle or lighter.  When it's melted, add the
hash and stir it up with a toothpick, or something.  It will melt.
	At this point, if someone comes in, you look like your about to
shoot up.  Throws a real scare into Mom! :-(
	Pour the mixture into the depression in the oreo, and put the
cover back on.  Refrigerate for 20 minutes or so, and chow down.  
	1 cookie will do the trick!
	Enjoy!

-- 
				Dave

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1993 14:57:19 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.drugs
Subject: Re: Eating/cooking MJ

I haven't seen this variation of cooking with MJ on the list,
but it is from a recipe in "A Childs Garden of Grass" that
my friend Ernie used to have back in school.

Anyways, some FOAF's used to do this to extract the last useability from 
sticks, stems and whatever "rubble" is lying around. Of course, you
can do this with any other shake or bud if you so desire.

Bring 1-2 quarts of water to a boil.
Add 2 sticks of butter.
Add sticks, shake, stems, whatever...thow it all in!
Cover and let boil for 15 minutes.
Pour through a strainer into a bowl.
Put the bowl into the fridge over night.
In the morning, most of the THC laden butter
will have formed a hard layer on the top of the water.
Carefully skim this off and save.
Use this butter in any recipe you desire; my friend
Ernie used to put it on toast!

A lot of work I know, but this method seems to
enjoy several advantages over frying:

1) no danger of overcooking or burning because the
   water temp won't be much higher than 100C/212F

2) better extraction of THC because you can cook
   it longer without burning; Ernie said you could
   even catch a reasonable high from just sticks and
   stems.

3) You can use the butter in any recipe; Ernie was
   also a big pesto fan.

Ernie told me that there was a better version using
alcohol instead of water but that you can't do
it with a gas stove, so he didn't really remember.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to [email-masked].
Due to the double-blind system, any replies to this message will be anonymized,
and an anonymous id will be allocated automatically. You have been warned.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to [email-masked].
*IMPORTANT server security update*, mail to [email-masked] for details.

From: [email-masked] (daniel finster)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1993 19:38:38 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.drugs
Subject: Re: Eating MJ

> anyone else want to share their experiences eating?

  Me and a friend, the other week, decided to take the last of our weed
and instead of smoking it, cook it.  We fried it for about 10 minutes
in butter, then got out a can of Chili-Mac and dumped it in there, and
added some Velveeta (tm) (couldn't find brownie mix.. didn't want to go
spend money).  The Chili-Mac tasted like shit, so we won't be doing that
again...  Anyways, There was a show that night at a local music club,
a few bands that we wanted to see (I think it was Brutal Juice, Caulk
and someone else, all local Dallas/Denton bands (If you ever get a chance,
pick up a Brutal Juice tape, they are REALYL good, sortof a hardcore 
punk/grunge, with dual strobe lights..)) and I had heard several times
on alt.drugs that when you eat weed, it takes about 3 or 4 hours to
take affect.  So by that calculation, we decided to eat it around 3 in
the afternoon, to be nice and stoned at the show.  Bad idea--The pot
started taking effect in about 30-45 minutes, and rose
slowly and steadily.. We watched some anime (japanese animation) for a 
while, then decided to turn off the sound and put music on (because
the soundtrack on the anime sucked).. That was really cool, of course,
so we played with the TV more, and got out this cheesy porn video
we had bought a while back that basically sucked; on pot it was pretty
cool; though and got us real horny, so we talked about it for a minute
and decided that I'd go outside and wait while he jacked off, then
he'd go outside and wait while I did same.  That was cool, also.
Then we decided to put on some noise music (from Japan) and turn on
static on the TV.  If you get a chance, pick up _Shinsen Na Clitoris_
by Masonna and listen to it while watching static on the TV while
stoned, it's like a lightening bolt through your spine.  Similar
effects can be gotten from _Emanation Machine R. Gie 1916_ by SPK
(off of _Information Overload Unit_).  Anyways, so we sat around
listening to noise and stuff for a while.. and talked about how we
were feeling, and stuff.. around 8 or 9 we started to get REAL tired,
which sucked because we wanted to see the music show real bad.. we
ended up going to sleep and missing it entirely.  When I woke
up the next morning, I could _STILL_ feel it a little bit, like 16
hours after I had ingested it!  Overall, I like eating it better
than smoking it, for the most part.. I like being high for the longer
period of time, een when it isn't as intense as it'd otherwise be.

  One interesting thing which maybe someone else on here could tell me
if they experienced this also, several times I felt myself going down
a little bit, then a little later getting even higher than before. 
I have never noticed this kind of effect while smoking, it's always
a go-up-till-you-peak,then-coast-down-slowly .. never a rollercoaster
like this.  I found it very interesting.  Next time I'll get real
brownie mix though.
-- 
daniel finster   [email-masked]  ...!seas.smu.edu!letni!sdf!df

=============================================================================

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Newsgroups: alt.drugs
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 18:33:43 UTC
Subject: New way of eating MJ

A FOAF told me about this:

Eating really is the best way to injest, but how many people want to whip
up a batch of brownies every time?  It just takes too much time.  This
recipe, for "Firecrackers", is really easy, and really fast:

Spread peanut butter thickly on a cracker.  Top with perfectly cleaned MJ
(no twigs or seeds, and break up any buds) - about enough for a joint.
Spread peanut butter on another cracker, and put on top of the MJ, peanut
butter side down, so the layers are cracker, PB, MJ, PB, cracker.

Put on some foil, and bake at 300 for 20 minutes.  Let cool and eat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to [email-masked].
Due to the double-blind, any mail replies to this message will be anonymized,
and an anonymous id will be allocated automatically. You have been warned.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to [email-masked].