Subject: Re: Whippet cracker
From: [email-masked] (Zar the Mad)
Date: 22 Oct 1993 02:22:04 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.drugs

[email-masked] (Charles Eric Horowitz) writes:

>Anyone know what kind of store would sell a whippet cracker.
>and also, what are these "cold burns" someone told me about.
>THANX

I don't know about other states, but dispensers are not available in 
Kansas.  A friend has one, but he is from Missouri and I don't know where he
got his.  However, for about $2 you can make your own with PVC pipe
parts from any hardware store.

All you need is a "T" or "L" pipe with threads in one end, a nail, a pipe
fitting for the cartridge, and some silicon sealant (make sure it says 
"food contact surface safe"--you don't want to inhale noxious sealant stuff).

I put mine together like this:

                          -------------------------------
       balloon here -->   |              | nail         |  cap this end
                          |              |              |
                          ------------       ------------
                                     |       |
                                     |       |
                                     |       |  <---threads in this end

                                        |
                                        |
                                        |
                               cartridge holder screws in here
      
                                       |   |  <--threaded end
                                       |   |
                                      /     \
                                      |     |
                                      |     |
                                      |     |
                                      ------- plug fits in bottom
                                              (you'll have to play with
                                               it a little to get the 
                                               correct length for the nail  
                                               to pierce the cartridge)

I don't remember which size nail I used, as it was an a variety pack with 
all sorts of tacks and stuff.  Glue the nail in first with shitloads of the
silicon sealant, and then you can fiddle arount with the cartridge holder part
to get the correct length.  The pipe parts are 3/4 inch.  If you bring 
a cartridge with you to the store you can find the parts easier.  A friend
made one with an "L" shaped top part instead, and it works fine too.

When the whippit comes out, it is VERY VERY cold.  Don't get your hands anywherenear the stuff, and don't use METAL pipe for a dispenser or you will burn 
yourself and this sucks.

Hail and kill, 
Zar the Mad

=============================================================================

Newsgroups: alt.drugs
From: [email-masked] (Tom McDonald)
Subject: Re: Whippet cracker
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 16:47:24 GMT

I too, have a homemade version I made out of PVC pipe.  It never occurred
to me that they'd *sell* the crackers as well as the cartridges.  My design
is very similar to the one posted, except I used an angle piece instead of
a T.  It looks very similar to an asthma inhaler, but won't work like one.
With this design you don't need and sealant either.

As far as the extreme cold produced - I load the cartridge, screw it in to
the point just before it gets punctured, and fill the area left in the PVC
with water.  Hot water works slightly better, but just slightly since the
water turns quickly cold.  Attach the balloon, and puncture.  Then it's
just a matter of keeping everything facing up so the water covers where the
nitrous comes out.  It's a bit of a pain when filling a balloon with more
than one cartridge, but before using this, I had a couple freeze closed
before they were completely empty.  It hasn't happened since I started using
the water method.
						-Tom 

-- 
Okay, one more time.  This is your brain. (egg)
This is your brain on drugs. (egg in frying pan)
Any Questions?
"Yeah, can I have mine scrambled?"