Subject: Canadian Hemp Association
From: [email-masked] (Canadian Hemp Assox)
Date: 6 Jun 1994 03:07:55 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.drugs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Canadian HEMP Association
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Who are we?

A national organization to facilitate and promote the growth of
a hemp industry in Canada.

     What is Hemp?

"Hemp is an alternative agricultural crop with significant 
economic and environmental benefits  for the Canadian 
farming and Industrial communities."

     Hemp, isn't that marijuana?

No.
Industrial hemp is a special low THC version
of the cannabis sativa plant grown for fiber and biomass. 
It can not be used as an intoxicant.

     Why Hemp?

Hemp is an alternative, renewable resource
capable of providing:
     100% Tree-Free paper products.
     All of our energy needs through biomass fuel production.
     A stronger more durable textile, made from 
     100% natural fibers, grown without pesticides.

     How can you help?

We are a non-profit environmental organization supported by 
membership and donations from both the private and 
business sector.  Please join with us, and 
help make a hemp industry in Canada, a reality. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raise public awareness to the benefits of the hemp plant through
environmental, economical & medicinal avenues.

Promote the industrial cultivation of hemp using low THC seed for immediate 
economic benefits. Bill C7 legalizes the commercial growing of hemp.  Our   
farmers now have an alternative, reliable cash crop to help end the 
bankruptcy cycle.

Developing and maintaining the definitive library of hemp's past,
present and future. 

Put Canada on the global map as a leader in environmental change, 
and economic development. By growing hemp we are offering an alternative 
sollution to our current economic problems while providing a renewable 
resource that can be most beneficial to our environment.

Develop the C.H.A. into a respected organization in the 
eyes of the public by maintaining a professional, structured and open 
approach to the disemination of hemp information.

To work in harmony with other environmental organizations, the public,
and government in order to facilitate change. New economic resources 
mean  vast new employment opportunities.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Public & Member Services
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly newsletter detailing the advancement of the hemp quest.  Filled with
news from around the globe, and helpful information on finding useful
hemp products. 

Informational seminars for Universities, Colleges, High-schools, Hospitals and
Corporate Business.

A platform for government lobbying.

Hemp business and supplier connection / co-ordination services.  Helping  
entrepreneurs locate sources of products and outlets for new hemp merchandise. 

Annual hemp festival to unite the world's hemp organizations and peoples 
for networking, information sharing, live entertainment and lots of fun.
Featuring creative hemp workshops, guest speakers and much much more.

Information packages explaining the many uses of hemp.  Along with strategies 
and ideas  you can use, to help us make legal hemp a reality.

BBS for electronic communications with other members.  Online E-Mail, 
Information packages, newsletters, and hemp conferences.

------------------------------------
What we are doing is environmentally friendly and economically realistic.

Robin Ellins
Coordinating Director

For more information dial (416) 977 - 4159  During regular business hours.

You can contact us snail mail:  Canadian Hemp Association
                                312 Adelaide St. W.  Suite 608
                                Toronto, ON
                                M5V 1R2

or write to [email-masked]