Subject: Re: Weed Laws/CA
From: [email-masked] (Peter Helyar)
Date: 28 Dec 93 08:29:31 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.hemp,alt.drugs

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Owen Hoffman) writes:
>Does anybody here know what the  
>laws in California are regarding marijuana?

I recently purchased the book you need.

_Marijuana Law_, by Richard Glen Boire. 1992, ISBN0-914171-62-3, 171 pp., 
with a foreword by Tony Serra (which is in itself a significant 
reccomendation.)

I quote from that Foreword:

"I urge every marijuana smoker to turn [this book] into usable knowledge. 
We must know the law to fight the law. We must fight fire with fire. We 
must know the law to resist and defy injustice."

For those unfamiliar with his name, Tony Serra is a lawyer who has made 
great strides in the defense of drug cases. The first statement in his 
Foreword runs:

"We marijuana smokers in the U.S. are an oppressed category of citizens."

Earlier this year, he agreed to represent some friends of mine who had 
been arrested after selling several hundred thousand doses of LSD to 
undercover agents. When the San Francisco daily newspaper, _The 
Chronicle_, interviewed him that week, he led off the interview by saying 
that he felt that LSD and mushrooms were wonderful drugs, and he wished 
he were on them right then.

I can't help feeling that we would be much better off if there were a 
damn' sight more lawyers like Tony around.

-- 
       /^v^\      |There are no rehearsals - live like you mean it already.
      ( 0 0 )     |
  uuuu   U   uuuu |  [email-masked]  (this is more reliable)
Pearlie was here  |  [email-masked]