Subject: WL143: Who's Paying Attention?
From: [email-masked] (Meagan Sul)
Date: 14 Sep 1994 14:56:01 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.constitution

[The Wingate Letters] - September 14, 1994 - 2:24 PM

     - Good Afternoon ...

          This  is the  first issue of  the Wingate  after a very
long  hiatus.  However,  simply because the  Wingate has not been
around in no way decreases its importance.  And I make a specific
point here.
     This  morning one young man complained on the internet about
the  Wingate saying  that no one  cared to hear  about my private
life.   Fine.  I can accept that.  But what the young man did not
take  into consideration was  that his note to  me smacked of the
very reason that the Wingate is so very important.
     To  explain  this  point  I relate  the  following.   Having
studied  the United States Constitution  for years I became aware
recently  of a very startling fact.  It was this fact that was to
lead me on a remarkable journey.
     To begin with let's start with a little history.  The United
States  Constitution was first drafted by a small group of people
headed  by  John  Witherspoon.   This  group was  called,  by the
revolutionaries,  prior  to  the  War  of  Independence,  as "The
Committee".   According to several historic texts Witherspoon had
carefully  studied the  Iroquois Constitution and  had found that
the  outlay of their  document was truly  something to be aspired
to.    And, on  the  very eve  of the  Boston  Tea Party  a great
argument ensued.  Several members of The Committee wanted to rush
into  war with  England.  Witherspoon  realizing that  to do this
without  postulating  the position  of the  colonists would  be a
grave  mistake made the comment that (a paraphrase) "... if we do
not  postulate our  position legally,  we shall  be looked  on as
rabble  in the  confederacy of our  times, rather  than the brave
nation  that we  seek to  be...".   And thus,  The Committee then
drafted  the  articles  of  confederation.    It  was  from these
articles  that the First Continental  Congress then later drafted
the  founding  document, the  very engine  of this  nation... The
United States Constitution.
     The  sentiment from that  one night was  echoed again on the
very eve of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.  John
Adams  had  been in  a long  debate with  members from  the North
Carolina delegation.  It seemed that the North Carolina wanted to
keep  their slaves.  But Adams felt that to do so would be to put
this  new  country  in  conflict with  the  very  notion  of what
Witherspoon  had intended.  And the fight  was on.  By the end of
the  day, exhausted, Adams met with  Franklin.  Franklin told him
that  if  he did  not relent  that the  Declaration would  not be
signed  and all would be  lost.  In tears  John Adams did relent.
And  the  provision  to free  all  slaves  was taken  out  of the
original version of the Declaration of Independence.  The chamber
then  was cleared to prepare for the signing the next day.  Adams
remained  behind.  Just as dark  was falling, a wounded messenger
stumbled  into the chambers.  With blood dripping down his shirt,
tears  in his  eyes, he stood  there at attention.   According to
three  historical texts of the time the words went this way... "A
message for the Congress sir."
     "Yes.. Yes.. Go ahead.. What is it?"
     "Ammunition  and supplies running perilously low, casualties
mounting.    Why have  you not  answered  me?   Why have  you all
forsaken  us?  Is anyone there?   We are dying!  Does anyone hear
us? Respectfully submitted, G. Washington"
     It  has been written  of that night  that Adams stayed awake
the  entire night.  He thought  about what General Washington had
written.   He thought about John  Witherspoon and the events that
were to take place the next day.  Again, it has been written that
John  Adams was  perhaps one of  the only men  who understood the
true  significance  of that  last message  from the  commander in
chief.
     Later  Adams would,  as a  result of  his commitment  to the
Declaration and to John Witherspoon, free all of his slaves.  And
on  July 4, 1776 with the heat blaring in the congressional hall,
the Declaration of Independence was born.
     As  the nation began  to struggle with the  fact that it was
now not just a collection of rabble waging war, but a new nation,
the  notes of John Witherspoon were used, along with the articles
of  confederation to write the Constitution.  And the very engine
of our nation was born.
     As  I was growing up, in  history class I never thought that
the Constitution was some work of clowns.  To me it was truly the
very core of what this nation was to us, and to all who looked in
the  direction of America.  I believed every single word that was
written there.  And I now also believe every single word.
     For  whether this young man who  has attacked me knows it or
not,  the Constitution  is the very  document that  gives him the
right  to  shoot off  his mouth  showing  everyone how  little he
knows.  The Constitution is the very document that gives each and
every  American  the rights  that  we all  have.   This  is true,
whether any of us choose to accept it or not.
     One  day during this last spring,  as I was reading over the
Constitution,  I noticed  something very interesting.   I noticed
something that would start me on a very long and lonely journey.
     Before I go into this point of law let me elucidate you to a
very sad fact.  When I discovered this aspect to the Constitution
I  then began to see if  I was right, or just  a fool.  I made 75
calls   to  attorneys  around  the  nation.    I  called  federal
attorneys,  state attorneys, and even called members of the ACLU.
In 74 calls to 74 different attorneys, not one single one of them
knew what I was talking about when I mentioned Article 1, section
6,  and it's  relevance to  the First Amendment.   Not  one!  One
attorney,  a  federal attorney  said, "...  The Constitution!   I
don't  even use it anymore...".  Those were his exact words.  And
like  this young man who has shown how stupid he is, so did these
attorneys.
     Finally,  after calling the Justice Department, I found that
they  were not even aware of  the relevancy of Article 1, section
6.   However, when I pointed out  what I had seen there they were
in  complete agreement  with me.   This  was a  serious breech of
constitutional  law, regarding the  rights of the  people of this
nation.   They then directed me to a young attorney here in Ohio.
This  young man, not more than 35 years old was the only attorney
in  the  nation, out  of the  75  I had  questioned who  knew the
relevancy  of Article 1, section 6, to the First Amendment.  And,
in his word... "... Hehe... You are really going to open a can of
worms  with  this one  you know.".   He  knew.   But most  of the
brilliant  legal minds of our nation were so stupid that they had
no  idea of  how important  this point  of law  was to  the First
Amendment.   And, I might add, that this young man who has openly
attacked  me will  try and  tell you that  he knew  it all along.
However,  when I questioned him about  this he could not respond.
This  of course proves that he  does not know the relationship of
these  two very important parts of the Constitution.  Thus, if he
tries  to tell you that he does  know about this point he will be
lying.  I, as a matter of fact, from studying this document about
two  hours  every  single day  for  the past  several  months, do
understand this point.
     To  begin with, the  Articles of the  Constitution deal with
how  the  government is  set up,  and  what elemental  rights the
citizens of the United States have, pursuant to the government of
the  United States.   The Amendments are  specifically the rights
granted  to  the people,  which are  defined separately  from the
Articles.   The  Articles give  us our  rights respective  to the
government.   The Amendments give us our rights as citizens.  Try
and keep this in mind as I now share with you the significance of
the relationship between these two aspects of this document.

Article 1, Section 6, reads as follows,

[...]

Section 6. [1] The Senators and Representatives shall receive a
Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and
paid out of the Treasury of the United States. They shall in all
Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be
privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of
their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the
same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall
not be questioned in any other Place.

     With  this in mind,  I have discussed  this article with two
assistant chief justices.  This article does declare that we, the
general  citizenry of  this nation,  are, in  point of  fact, the
employers  of the  government.   We are  the ones  who employ the
members  of our government to run our government.  This of course
as  a result of the fact that taxes are collected to the treasury
and  that out of  the treasury the  monies are being  paid to the
members  of Congress for  their salary.  By  the way, the current
payroll   for   Congress,  *not*   including  their   PAC  money,
honorariums, perks, and other benefits is that each member of the
House  gets $250,000 per year, and each member of the Senate gets
$260,000  per year.  Well,  this money then can  be extended to a
total  cost (for  the payroll alone>  for the  entire Congress of
$27,040,000.00   for   the   Senate   (for   104   members),  and
$109,000,000.00  for  the  Congress  (for  436  members  - 1994).
That's  a total  cost, for  the payroll  alone of $136,040,000.00
that  We the People spend on just paying the salaries of only the
senators  and congressmen in Washington.   That's a lot of money.
Keep  this in mind as  I now explain a  very interesting point of
law.
     The First Amendment reads as follows...

[...]

Amendment I [1791]

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of
religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging
the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the
people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for
a redress of grievances.

     Now  please  notice that  in Article  1,  section 6  it says
specifically  that anything  that any  member of  Congress either
debates,  discusses, or talks about in the halls of Congress that
they  do not have  to answer questions about  these things in any
other  place.   Yet, at  the same  time, by  virtue of  the First
Amendment  we, the  people, are given  the right  to petition the
government   for  redress  of  grievances.    Now  this  is  very
interesting.
     I  thought that this just didn't make sense.  I mean, we are
the  employers of the government.   And yet we  are not given the
right   to  expect  an  answer  to  our  questions,  or  to  have
accountability   for  the  actions   of  our  representatives  in
Washington.
     Now  before all  you legal jerks  get started,  I called the
Justice  Department about this very point.  Three assistant chief
justices  researched this point of law.  It has been confirmed to
me that we, the people, are in point of legal fact, the employers
of  the  government, by  virtue of  Articles  1, and  Articles 2.
Further,  it is true that by virtue of the First Amendment we are
also  given the right  to petition any  single member of Congress
for  any grievance  that we  might have,  regardless of district.
But,  to the complete surprise of  all three of these very highly
paid  constitutional  lawyers, we,  the people,  do NOT  have the
right  to  expect  an  answer  to  our  questions.    We  are not
guaranteed  that right  by any aspect  of the  Constitution.  Now
isn't this interesting.
     My  actual remark to the last assistant chief justice that I
spoke  with was ... "... When was the last time that you paid out
136  million dollars and didn't give  a holy damn what the people
did  with the  money?"   The Assistant  Justices agreed  with me.
This  flaw in the  Constitution is a major  mistake.  The Justice
Department  firmly  believes  that  the  intent  of  the founding
fathers   was  to  *give*  the   American  people  the  right  of
accountability  from their legal representatives.   Yet, there is
no single provision for this in the Constitution.
     Further,  after questioning six constitutional lawyers, only
one  was aware of this flaw.  But they all agreed that this was a
point  that would have to  go before the Supreme  Court.  That it
would  have to because what we are talking about here is that we,
the people of this nation, are the employers of Congress, but we,
the  people of this nation, have  no right of accountability over
the people we employ.
     Thus,  in the case  of Orin Hatch, who  happens to belong to
the Mormon church, a church that has come out time and time again
against  the Jews  of America, this  point is  further brought to
light  by understanding that Good old Orin is required, by virtue
of  the Articles, to  represent the constituents  of his district
equally.    But if  there are  Jews  in his  district how  can he
represent  them  when  he  belongs  to  an  organization  that is
dedicated  to impeach their rights?   Or how about good old Jesse
Helms?   He's been photographed with KKK  members.  How can he be
associated  with them, and at the same time represent the Jews of
North Carolina.
     Why  do  I bring  up  this point?    Well, according  to the
Constitution  if a  member of Congress  does not  debate even one
time  for a particular type of constituent in their district this
action  could  be  viewed  as  the  congressman  sanctioning  the
government  taxing that type of  person without giving them equal
representation  under the law.   Thus, the  condition of taxation
without  representation would then  exist.  But  the right of the
people  is that  we have  no right  to expect  an answer  to this
question, should we ask it.  Or rather, we do have a right to ask
the  question, but in order to get an answer we will have to take
the matter to the Supreme Court.
     Now  please,  all you  legal  morons out  there,  don't rush
forward  to refute me.   The foregoing has come  to this issue of
the  Wingate from  the very  custodians of  the Constitution, the
Justice  Department, who's specific duty is to protect the rights
of  the people of this nation.  And, in their opinion, this point
that  I have just brought out is  not only a valid point, but one
that  they have encouraged  me to pursue  through the courts. Now
who's laughing at me?
     Everyone's  got answers these days.   The conservatives will
tell  you that they know it all.  The liberals will tell you that
they  know  it all.   From  almost every  single religion  in the
nation  there is some jerk who is  willing to say that they alone
have  all the  answers from  God.   What people  don't have  is a
working  knowledge of the very document that gives them the right
to shoot off their mouths.  We all can stand out in the middle of
a  crowd and scream about how smart we are, and how much we know.
But  the point  of fact is  that when I questioned the best minds
in  this country, not one  single of them was  aware of this very
significant  point of Constitutional law.  And what does this say
about the caliber of intellect that we have running this country.
     We  pay out 136 million dollars a  year to a group of people
who  don't have to account  to anyone.  Sort  of like letting the
fox  guard the hen house isn't it?   And what about the rights of
the  people?    You know,  the  people  of the  United  States of
America?   We're the ones that  are supposed to have equal rights
under  the law.   Yet, with the special  interest groups that pay
millions to these representatives we have a congress that is more
graft ridden than the gangsters of prohibition!
     Like  I said, I  may be a woman,  but I am  not stupid.  And
anyone who dares to say so had better be willing to back up their
words  with  some fact.   Like,  why is  it that  none of  the 75
lawyers  who  I  questioned  knew  about  this  provision  in the
document  that  gives  them the  right  to practice  law  in this
country?  What's the matter... doesn't anyone care anymore?
     I  have never said that  I was a genius.   And I'm not.  I'm
quite  a bright lady.  But I'm no genius.  Yet I sit here writing
these  very words.  I write words that we all should be aware of.
Yet,  I seriously doubt that many of you even understand the full
import  of what I have just written.  The fact is that because of
Article  1, section 6, we, the  people of the United States, have
virtually  no rights regarding making Congress accountable to us.
Further,  because  of  this one  subsection  there is  no  way to
guarantee  that equal rights will be granted to all Americans, as
is  defined by  the other  articles and  amendments.   Thus, this
major  document in  our nation's  history has  become little more
than a new way for people like Senator Dole, Nunn, Helms, and the
rest, to cheat us, use us and to lie to us.  And that's just what
they are doing.
     Well,  I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not going
to  take this  lying down.   I plan on  calling these illustrious
boobs  that we have  in Washington on  this very point.   And, if
need be, I'll go directly to the Supreme Court, which is my legal
right  under Article  2, to fight  for all Americans  to have the
right  to expect answers to  their questions, unless the question
has  to deal  with national security.   These people  who earn so
much  money should be required to  be accountable to the American
public.  And right now, according to  the best legal minds in the
nation,  they are  not.  Not  unless the court  requires them to.
And  that's been  a battle,  so far, that  has been  very hard to
fight.
     When  I asked the  brain trust (mostly  men) at Case Western
Reserve University about this point of law what I got was blatant
disrespect.    I  was  laughed  at,  called  stupid,  and totally
ignored.   When I pressed for an  answer not one of the so called
smart boys at CWRU could answer the question as to what relevance
the  subsection 6, under  article 1, had  to the First Amendment.
What  they did was to evade the  question.  This did this because
they  were  too stupid  to  answer, and  they  didn't want  to be
embarrassed  by the  question.  So  what they did  instead was to
laugh  at me and call me stupid.  They did this because they were
afraid  of how  they would  look when  they could'nt'  answer the
question.   And for proof, I have  a tape recording from the head
of  the law school at  CWRU.  His words were  that he had no idea
what  the relationship of article 1,  section 6, was to the First
Amendment.  No clue!
     What  I'm  saying here  is that  I don't  have the  time for
people  to write me and  complain about what I  have written.  If
you  think you can prove me  and the Justice Department wrong for
what  I have written... have at it.  Otherwise why not just close
your  mouth and  realize that our  founding document  of law, the
very engine of this nation is in trouble.
     Or need I remind you that every single day, every 15 seconds
another woman is being beaten, abused or raped (FBI - 1993).  And
every  single day every 30 seconds another child is being beaten,
abused  or killed  (FBI -  1994).  While  we pay  out 136 million
dollars  for our  representatives to work  for us,  what are they
doing to protect us?  What are they doing to earn their money?
     According  to B'nai B'rith anti-Semitism  is at it's highest
level  in the U.S.  in the past 13  years!  And  this is going on
while  we pay  out millions of  dollars to a  government where we
have no right to expect answers to our questions.  That's the law
folks.  That's what our tax dollars are paying for.
     And  for those who  think that this  is funny, just remember
that  the same rights of mine  that are being impeached are yours
as  well.  Laugh too  hard and you might  find that you have less
rights than you thought.
     It  is  my sincere  hope go  into much  more depth  with the
Constitution  over the next several months.   It is obvious to me
that many of the so-called know it alls of our nation know little
about the very core of what gives them the rights they declare so
loudly.   The same document that gives Rush Limbaugh the right to
hate  Jews is the same document that  gives the Jews the right to
expect  protection from  such hatred.   Or  hasn't anyone thought
about that yet?
     Next  week I  will go into  more depth  regarding the actual
parts  of the Constitution and how it works.  I intend on showing
the general public a great deal more about what rights they have,
and  how little we all know  about this very significant document
in  the world.  It is my hope  that all of us, including me, will
be better world citizens as a result of this journey.  Now... How
many  of you are  willing to walk with  me?  How  many of you are
willing to go back to the Constitution and actually read it?  The
next  time you argue a point of  rights, stop and think about the
fact  that men died in order to bring this document to light.  It
was no game then.  John Witherspoon may, in point of fact, be one
of  the unsung heroes in our nation.   For it was from his loving
hands that this document has been preserved.

     Until Next week....

God Speed My Friends... And be well... Always....

Meagan Wingate Sullivan

(c) Jupiter Wingate - 1994

Volume Number: 143
Master File: WINMSTR.MST
Time Stamp: 9/14/94 - 2:24 PM

Distributed via the telecommunications network links of the
account of Meagan Sullivan (aka Maurice Maschke III) with
their full permission and support.

Permission is hereby granted to copy and use this document, or
any parts herein, freely; Providing that such use is based on a
"not for profit" basis.

Should a circumstance present itself, such that use of this
document, or any part herein, could be construed as being based
on a "for profit" basis, the terms of this copyright then revert
to the status of;  "All Rights Reserved", as defined by the U.S
Patent and Copyright Office, pursuant to all existing
international conventions, and their provisions for computerized
publishing and copyrighting.
INTERNET ADDRESS:
-----------------
America Online: [email-masked]

Land Mail Address:
------------------
Meagan W. Sullivan
P.O. Box 602696
Cleveland, Ohio 44102  USA