Subject: Re: Spadina Extension to York U and SRT extension to Sheppard
From: [email-masked] (Calvin Henry-Cotnam)
Date: 7 Mar 95 17:35:47 GMT
Newsgroups: misc.transport.urban-transit,tor.general

Evan Leibovitch ([email-masked]) wrote:
:    Whatever happened to the proposasls for:

:    - A cross-town route from the Scarborough City Centre to the airport,
:      using LRT stock on inexpensive Hydro rights-of-way?

This was the GO Transit ALRT project.  Originally, the ROW obtained
from Pickering to Whitby (and now to Oshawa) was for the ALRT project.
A brochure I had showed GO vehicles of a design similar in appearance
to the ICTS vehicles on the Scarborough RT, though I don't believe ALRT
was to use linear induction technology.

The original plan was to build the Whitby-Pickering line first, then
to build it from Pickering to Scarborough city centre (possibly via
the Metro Toronto Zoo),  North York city centre, the airport, and then
swinging again south to meet GO's lakeshore line again at Oakville.

Scarborough and North York were at odds as to where the line should
go - Scarborough wanted Sheppard Avenue, North York wanted Finch
(actually the hydro ROW just north of Finch).  (I don't see why it
could not have followed west from Scarborough city centre via Sheppard
and east from North York city centre using the other alignment, then
connecting possibly via the 404 ROW)

:    - The Queen Street line that was going to service Exhibition Place
:      and curve northwards to the Beaches and maybe as far north as
:      Thorncliffe Park? To this day there is an unused platform under the
:      Queen/Yonge Station where visionaries saw the need.

Somewhere I have some information of what the stops would be for this,
but this goes back to the referendum that voted in favour of Toronto's
rapid transit plan which included this with the Union-Eglinton subway
on Yonge Street.  (Off hand, I don't remember when this was - sometime
in the 40's and it was held on, believe it or not, January 1)

I believe that as Toronto developed, planners found that Bloor became
a "more important" east-west link.  Though, in more recent times, there
has been talk, on-again-off-again, about an eastern "relief" line to
take the load off of the Bloor-Yonge interchange.  What has been
discussed was a line from Donlands (somewhere I heard that there was
some renovations there about nine years ago that somehow might have
provisions for this - I can't say for sure) that would connect with
the Yonge line - some said at Union, some said Queen.  Queen would
probably be better partly because of the existence of the lower level
"shell" (though it was built to be an underground streetcar line, like
the Harbourfront line at Union, and not a full heavy rail subway), and
partly because it distributes the load better (people for Dundas and
King would go on separate trains from Queen instead of crowd on the
same train from Union, along with the people destined for Queen).

The most recent thing I've heard about the lower level of Queen is that
it will become part of a transit museum, with the other half to be
located in the lower level of the Bay station.

: c) Even the York and Scarborough lines are half-assed patchworks,
:    they're just an extension to the idea that everyone in Toronto
:    wants to go to Union Station and back (an idea only emphasized
:    by GO Transit). Is that the case anymore?

I wouldn't think so - at least if the new Sheppard line were to
be built as far west as Allen Road to meet with the extension now
under construction of the Spadina line, it would provide a much-needed
cross-town route that avoids going south to Bloor.  Personally,
the Sheppard line should go from the Scarborough RT to the airport,
with a light rail line from the airport to Kipling station (are you
familiar with the "platform" opposite the busses directly over the
subway there?) to provide a more substantial "frame" of rapid transit
around Metro.

One other point about the Spadina extension to York U - it seems a bit
of a waste when one considers what one gets in return for the cost.  I
mean that currently, bus service to York is fairly fast with much of the
distance travelling through the Downsview air base with few stops or
heavy traffic.  The worst part of the trip is the bottleneck from
Sheppard & Allen down to Wilson station.  With the current subway
extension from Wilson to Sheppard & Allen, the bus trip from there to
York will probably be one of the most efficient in Metro - so why
replace it with a subway that costs a fortune?

Compare this with Sheppard Avenue - a bus driver once told me that
in the middle of a weekday, there are 12 to 15 busses on the Sheppard
85 route.  Rush hours add a number of additional busses to this, plus
add the "rush hour only" routes like 85C, 85D, 85E, 85G, ... (at one
time, I think the letters went to H or I with the odd one morning or
afternoon only).  Then there are the number of stops and heavy traffic!

: Just watch out; GO has been one of the worst culprits, by insisting that
: all roads lead to Union.

I wouldn't say this, because it has mainly been GO's mandate to make
use of existing rail lines instead of building new ROW (notwithstanding
the GO sub from Durham Jct to Oshawa).  With the exception of CP's
Belleville-North Toronto-Galt subdivision route and CN's York subdivision
route, there really are not existing rail lines that do NOT lead to
union.  I would really like to see an all-day service from Milton
to Oshawa using the CP route along with an all-day service from
Richmond Hill, only diverting it via the Leaside line and CP's Belleville
subdivision's Don Branch to Union instead of staying with CN's Bala
sub all the way in order to provide an interchange at Leaside with
trains on the CP line.  But all this would cost lots of bucks - upgrades
on the CP lines to handle the passenger traffic, plus upgrades to the
Leaside branch because access to it is only via two hand-thrown switches
and one derail and the track has 3/4 inch (on average) rail gaps.

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam, CATE       | "My wife is not a well person.  That's why
Ryerson Polytechnic University  | she hates going down the well each morning."
Toronto, Ontario, Canada        | Peter Cook, in the "Frog & Peach" sketch

   From: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <[email-masked]>
Subject: ttc-cuts.txt
   Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 11:21:10 -0500
     To: [email-masked]
--------

[From the October 1995 Transit Service Update of the TTC...]

Service cuts for February 1996

The TTC is making major service cuts beginning on February 18 next year.
These cuts are in response to funding cuts from the Ontario provincial
government and the Metro government, and will result in subsidy savings of
approximately $14-million in 1996. All of the service cuts will make travel
more difficult, slower, or more crowded for our customers, and though they
have been selected to keep the network still as easy to use, quick and
comfortable as possible, the TTC will lose some customers as a result of the
cuts.

This bulletin is to explain some of the background behind the service cuts
and to give the details fo the particular cuts on each route.

-------------------------
Why is service being cut?

There is little doubt that the TTC's operating subsidy from the Ontario and
Metro governments will be reduced in 1996. It is possible that the subsidy
will be reduced by up to $40-million.

In response to past subsidy cuts, ridership losses because of the recession,
and the approaching end of the Social Contract agreement, the TTC has
undertaken a major restructuring and downsizing. This has allowed for the
elimination of upwards of 350 management and administrative jobs. Cost
savings in these areas will continue in 1996, but this alone will not meet
the subsidy cuts in 1996. So, the TTC plans to close Lansdowne Garage, make
service cuts, and perhaps increase fares again in early 1996.

---------------------------
How were the cuts selected?

In selecting service cuts, the approach has been to identify those cuts which
would keep to a minimum the ridership and revenue losses per dollar saved in
subsidy. The same relationship was calculated for a possible fare increase,
and the cuts that are being made are those that will lead to ridership losses
that are smaller than those from a fare increase. By combining service cuts
with a fare increase, the ridership losses will be smaller than if only
service cuts or only a fare increase were made.

Each possible service-level reduction and each possible elimination of
service on every route in the system, at every time of the week, was
considered. For each, a calculation was made of the additional travel time
that customers would have, how many customers would then decide not to use
the TTC, and then the revenue loss was compared to the cost savings of the
service cut.

The service reductions were approved by the Commission at a public meeting on
October 12. At the meeting, some changes were made to the list, and so some
routes which had been proposed for elimination are not being eliminated, but
instead are being reduced in frequency or in hours.

-----------------------------
Lansdowne Garage to be closed

Also on February 18, 1996, Lansdowne will be closed as an operating division.
All of the bus routes which are now based at Lansdowne will be moved to other
garages, and some other routes will be moved to make room for them. A list of
all the routes at each garage is on the last page of this bulletin.

The closure of Lansdowne Garage will save the TTC between $2-million and $3-
million in 1996 and in each year after that. While the costs of deadheading
buses and paying travel time for relief operators will increase, the savings
of the basic costs of maintaining the facility and minimum staffing levels
greatly exceed the increased deadhead costs.

Of all the garages, Lansdowne was selected because it will result in a
greater saving than if any of the other garages were closed, and because the
closure eliminates the need for major expenditures to renovate the garage,
particularly the ventilation system. With the opening of the subway extension
to Downsview Station in March 1996, the opening of the 510 Spadina streetcar
line in 1997, and the planned opening of the Sheppard subway in 2002, the
need for buses and the space to maintain them will continue to decline.

--------------------------
The service cuts in detail

The service cuts for each route are listed here. The schedules for all of
these routes are now being revised, and some of the details of the cuts may
be changed slightly during this work.

Bloor-Danforth Subway - Standby train removed, weekday afternoon peak period.

Scarborough RT - Longer waiting time, weekday afternoon peak period and
Saturdays between 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.

3 Ancaster Park - Route replaced by part of 120 Calvington. Longer waiting
time, weekday peak periods.

2 Anglesey - Service eliminated south of Burnhamthorpe to Sherway Gardens. No
service after 10:00 p.m., seven days a week. Longer waiting time, weekdays
after 6:45 p.m. and Saturdays after 6:00 p.m.

4 Annette - No service after 10:00 p.m. on Sundays. Longer waiting time,
weekday morning peak period and evening before 10:15 p.m.

5 Avenue Rd - No service after 10:00 p.m., seven days a week. Longer waiting
time, weekdays after 6:00 p.m.

61 Avenue Rd North - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

7 Bathurst - Longer waiting time, weekday morning pead period and midday.

160 Bathurst North - Service eliminated on Fishervill and Torresdale. Short-
turn trips to Steeles removed on weekdays.

6 Bay - No service after 10 p.m. on weekdays. No service after 6:00 p.m. on
Saturdays and Sundays. (Weekend evening service will be considered for the
summer.) Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

11 Bayview - No service north of Sheppard after 10:00 p.m. on Saturdays and
Sundays. Longer waiting time, Saturdays before 7:30 p.m.

9 Bellamy - No service after 10:00 p.m. on weekdays. No service on Saturdays
and Sundays.

17 Birchmount - No service after 7:00 p.m. on Sundays. Longer waiting time,
weekday morning peak period.

49 Bloor West - Longer waiting time, weekdays after 10:00 p.m.

21 Brimley - No service after 10:00 p.m. on Sundays. Longer waiting time,
Saturdays before 10:00 p.m. and all day on Sundays.

128 Brimley North - No service after 10:00 p.m., seven days a week. Longer
waiting time, weekday morning peak periods and Saturdays and Sundays all day.

8 Broadview - Route eliminated; no service east of Pape to Coxwell.

50 Burnhamthorpe - No service after 10:00 p.m., seven days a week.

120 Calvington - Route changed to run through area presently served by 3
Ancaster Park. No service between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on weekdays. Longer
waiting time, weekday peak periods.

506 Carlton - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

126 Christe - No service after 7:00 p.m. on Sundays.

19 Church - Route eliminated.

99 Clayson - Route eliminated; no service north of Wilson to Steeles.

20 Cliffside - No service after 10:00 p.m. on weekdays. No service after 7:00
p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Service on Danforth west of Warden continues
with 113 Danforth. Service on Midland north of Kingston Rd. continues with 12
Kingston Rd.

87 Cosburn - Longer waiting time, Saturdays after 10:00 p.m. and Sundays
after 7:00 p.m.

42 Cummer - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and Saturdays after
8:00 p.m.

113 Danforth - Longer waiting time, Saturdays after 10:00 p.m. and Sundays
after 7:00 p.m.

127 Davenport - No service after 10:00 p.m. on weekdays. No service after
7:00 p.m. on Saturdays. No service on Sundays. Longer waiting time, weekday
morning peak period.

23 Dawes - No service after 10:00 p.m. on weekdays and Saturdays. No service
on Sundays. Longer waiting time, weekday morning peak period.

25 Don Mills - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

108 Downsview - No service after 10:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Longer waiting time
on Arleta during peak periods. New service on Grandravine east of Arleta
during peak periods, replacing part of 119 Grandravine.

502 Downtowner - Longer waiting time, weekday morning peak period.

125 Drewry - No service on Saturdays and Sundays.

29 Dufferin - Longer waiting time, seven days a week before 7:00 p.m.

505 Dundas - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

111 East Mall - Longer waiting time, Saturdays and Sundays  after 10:00 p.m.

34 Eglinton East - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

32 Eglinton West - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods, Saturdays
before 9:00 p.m., and Sundays after 10:00 p.m.

15 Evans - No service after 10:00 p.m. on Saturdays. No service after 7:00
p.m. on Sundays. Longer waiting time, Saturdays after 7:00 p.m.

104 Faywood - No service after 10:00 p.m., seven days a week.

39 Finch East - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods, Saturdays all day,
and Sundays after 7:00 p.m.

118 Finch via Allen - Route eliminated; no direct service to Wilson Stn.

36/309 Finch West - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and weekdays
before 11:00 p.m. No overnight service on Albion Rd west of Islington to
Martin Grove, seven days a week. New overnight service on Finch west of
Islington to Humberline, seven days a week.

100 Flemingdon Park - No service west of Don Mills to Eglinton Stn after
10:00 p.m. on Sundays. Longer waiting time, weekday morning peak period.

33 Forest Hill - Route shortened to operate in peak periods only between St
Clair West Stn and Eglinton, via Spadina Rd. No service from St Clair Stn, or
on Lonsdale, Dunvegan, Hillholm, Russell Hill, or Forest Hill Rd. No service
between 9:00 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. and after 6:00 p.m. on weekdays. No service
on Saturdays and Sundays.

14 Glencairn - No service between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and after 7:00 p.m.
on weekdays. No service on Saturdays and Sundays.

119 Grandravine - Route eliminated. Service on Grandravine east of Arleta
continues with 108 Downsview.

122 Graydon Hall - No service after 7:00 p.m. on weekdays.

604 Harbourfront - Longer waiting time outside the summer, weekday peak
periods, Saturdays before 7:00 p.m., and Sundays before 7:00 p.m. and after
10:00 p.m.

191 Highway 27 Express - Elimination of this route had been considered, but
no change is being made to the present service.

139 Huntingwood - No service between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and after 7:00
p.m. on weekdays. No service on Saturdays and Sundays.

37 Islington - No service on Rexdale Boulevard to Humberwood after 10:00 p.m.
on weekdays and Saturdays. No service on Rexdale Boulevard to Humberwood on
Sundays. Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and evenings, all day on
Saturdays, and before 10:00 p.m. on Sundays.

110 Islington South - No service on Horner and Browns Line to Long Branch
after 7:00 p.m. on Saturdays. No service to Long Branch on Sundays. Longer
waiting time, weekday peak periods, and Saturdays and Sundays after 7:00 p.m.

35 Jane - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and evenings before 10:30
p.m., Saturdays before 8:30 p.m., and Sundays after 10:00 p.m.

83 Jones - No service after 10:00 p.m. on weekdays. No service on Saturdays
and Sundays.

41 Keele - No service on Calvington to Forthbridge (now runs weekdays after
7:00 p.m.). Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and Saturdays after
9:00 p.m.

43 Kennedy - No service on Progress to Scarborough Centre Stn after 7:00 p.m.
on weekdays and Saturdays. No service after 1:00 a.m., seven days a week.
Longer waiting time, weekday afternoon peak period and evening, and Saturdays
after 7:00 p.m..

504 King - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and before 10:00 p.m.

12 Kingston Rd - No service east of Midland to St Clair and Brimley after
10:00 p.m. on weekdays. No service east of Midland to St Clair and Brimley
after 7:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. The route will be extended on
Midland to Kennedy Stn at these times, replacing part of 20 Cliffside. Longer
waiting time, weekday peak periods.

503 Kingston Rd - Longer waiting time, weekday morning peak period.

45 Kipling - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and after 9:30 p.m.

45 Kipling South - Longer waiting time, weekday morning peak period.

47 Lansdowne - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and evening, and
Saturdays and Sundays after 10:00 p.m.

54 Lawrence East - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

52 Lawrence West - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

162 Lawrence-Donway - Longer waiting time, all times on weekdays.

56 Leaside - No service after 10:00 p.m. on weekdays. No service after 7:00
p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Longer waiting time, weekday afternoon peak
period.

51 Leslie - No service after 10:00 p.m. on weekdays. No service after 7:00
p.m. on Saturdays. No service on Sundays.

58 Malton - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

59 Maple Leaf - No service between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and after 7:00
p.m. on weekdays. No service on Saturdays.

102 Markham Rd - Longer waiting time, weekday morning peak period and from
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

46 Martin Grove - Longer waiting time, seven days a week after 10:00 p.m.

16 McCowan - Longer waiting time, Saturdays after 10:00 p.m.

129 McCowan North - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and after 10:00
p.m.

130 Middlefield - No service after 10:00 p.m. on weekdays. Longer waiting
time, weekday afternoon peak period.

57 Midland - Longer waiting time, weekday morning peak period and after 10:00
p.m.

116 Morningside - Longer waiting time, weekday morning peak period and
Saturdays after 7:00 p.m.

62 Mortimer - No service after 10:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Longer
waiting time, weekday morning peak period.

74 Mt Pleasant - No service after 7:00 p.m. on weekdays and Saturdays. No
service on Sundays.

103 Mt Pleasant North - No service after 10:00 p.m. on weekdays and
Saturdays. No service after 7:00 p.m. on Sundays.

131 Nugget - No service after 7:00 p.m. on Saturdays. No service on Sundays.

70 O'Connor - Longer waiting time, weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. and
after 9:30 p.m., Saturdays before 7:00 p.m. and after 10:00 p.m., and Sundays
after 10:00 p.m.

63/316 Ossington - No overnight service, seven days a week. Longer waiting
time, weekday peak periods and Sundays after 6:00 p.m.

72 Pape - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and Sundays before 7:00
p.m.

65 Parliament - No service after 10:00 p.m. on weekdays. No service after
7:00 p.m. on Saturdays. No service on Sundays.

67 Pharmacy - No service north of Eglinton after 7:00 p.m., seven days a
week. No service after 10:30 p.m. on weekdays. No service after 10:00 p.m. on
Saturdays and Sundays.

143 Premium Express via Queen East - Longer waiting time, weekday morning
peak period.

66 Prince Edward - Service eliminated north of Bloor to Dundas. No service
south of Bloor after 10:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Longer waiting time
south of Bloor, weekday afternoon peak period and after 10:00 p.m.

501 Queen - Longer waiting time, weekday all day before 7:00 p.m., and
Saturdays and Sundays after 10:00 p.m.

80 Queensway - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

109 Ranee - No service after 7:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.

82 Rosedale - Longer waiting time, weekdays after 10:00 p.m., Saturdays after
7:00 p.m., and all day on Sundays. At these times, operation of the route
will be combined with 75 Sherbourne.

73 Royal York - No service north of Dixon on St Phillips, Weston Rd, and
Albion Rd after 10:00 p.m. on Saturdays. No service north of Dixon after 7:00
p.m. on Sundays. Longer waiting time, weekday morning peak period and evening
before 9:45 p.m.

71 Runnymede - No service north of Eglinton between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
on weekdays. No service north of St Clair after 7:00 p.m. on weekdays. No
service north of St Clair on Saturdays and Sundays. Longer waiting time,
weekday peak periods. South-end loop expanded to serve South Kingsway during
peak periods, replacing part of 138 South Kingsway. Service on Rockcliffe
between Lambton and Alliance continues with the expanded loop of 161 Rogers
Rd.

163 Rustic Rd - Route eliminated; no service between Keele and Jane.

78 St Andrews - No service after 10:00 p.m. on weekdays. No service on
Saturdays.

512 St Clair - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

86 Scarborough - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and Saturdays
after 7:00 p.m.

79 Scarlett Rd - No service after 10:00 p.m., seven days a week. Longer
waiting time, morning peak period.

85 Sheppard East - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and Sundays
after 10:00 p.m.

84 Sheppard West - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

75 Sherbourne - Longer waiting time, weekdays after 10:00 p.m., Saturdays
after 7:00 p.m., and all day on Sundays. At these times, operation of the
route will be combined with 82 Rosedale.

123 Shorncliffe - Longer waiting time, Saturdays and Sundays after 10:00 p.m.

115 Silver Hills - No service between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and after 7:00
p.m. on weekdays.

138 South Kingsway - Route eliminated; no service between Ormskirk and Bloor.
Service south of Ormskirk continues at all times of the week with 71
Runnymede.

88 South Leaside - No service east of Laird to Thorncliffe Park after 10:00
p.m. on weekdays and Saturdays. No service east of Laird to Thorncliffe Park
on Sundays.

77 Spadina - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and before 9:00 p.m.,
Saturdays before 7:00 p.m., and Sundays before 10:00 p.m.

53 Steeles East - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and Saturdays
before 7:00 p.m.

60 Steeles West - Longer waiting time, weekday afternoon peak period and
evening before 9:00 p.m.

124 Sunnybrook - No service after 10:00 p.m. on Sundays.

134 Tapscott - No service after 7:00 p.m. pm weekdays and Saturdays. No
service on Sundays. Longer wait, weekday morning peak period.

10 Van Horne - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

90 Vaughan - No service south of St Clair to Bathurst Stn. Longer waiting
time, weekday peak periods.

24 Victoria Park - Longer waiting time, weekday morning peak period and after
6:30 p.m.

68 Warden - Longer waiting time, weekday morning peak period and from 6:45
p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

69 Warden South - Service only southbound on Warden and northbound on
Birchmount after 9:45 p.m. on weekdays.

94 Wellesley - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods.

112 West Mall - Longer waiting time, weekday morning peak period and from
9:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.

89 Weston - Longer waiting time, weekdays from 9:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and
Sundays after 10:00 p.m.

165 Weston Rd North - No service after 10:00 p.m. on Sundays. Longer waiting
time, weekday peak periods.

98 Willowdale-Senlac - Service eliminated on Willowdale north of Sheppard to
Steeles. No service on Senlac north of Sheppard to Steeles after 7:00 p.m.,
seven days a week. Longer waiting time on Senlac, weekday afternoon peak
period.

91 Woodbine - No service after 10:00 p.m. on weekdays and Saturdays. No
service after 7:00 p.m. on Sundays. Longer waiting time, all day on weekdays
and Saturdays.

92 Woodbine South - No service after 10:00 p.m., seven days a week.

97 Yonge - No service south of St Clair between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on
weekdays. No service north of York Mills after 10:00 p.m., seven days a week.
Longer waiting times, all times of the week.

95 York Mills - Longer waiting time, weekday peak periods and Sundays after
10:00 p.m.

106 York University - Longer waiting time, weekday afternoon peak period.

---------------------------------
Other service changes in February

310 Bathurst Blue Night - The route will be extended so that it operates from
Exhibition Place at Strachan, east on Fleet, and north on Bathurst to
Steeles. The service north of Lawrence will replace part of the present 314
Dufferin-Bathurst service.

322 Coxwell Blue Night - The west end of the route will be changed to operate
from Broadview Stn via Broadview and Cosburn. The present west-end loop on
Donlands and O'Connor will be removed.

303 Don Mills Blue Night - The route will be changed to operate north of
Danforth on Pape. The present service on Broadview north of Danforth will
continue with 322 Coxwell.

329 Dufferin Blue Night - This new route name will replace part of the
present 314 Dufferin-Bathurst service. The route will operate from Exhibition
West loop, north on Dufferin, east on Queen, north on Gladstone, west on
Peel, north on Dufferin, and east on Lawrence to Lawrence Stn.

32 Eglinton West - The additional running time and additional buses that had
been scheduled to compensate for delays cause by the construction of the
Eglinton subway line will be removed.

311 Islington Blue Night - The route will be extended from its northern end
west on Steeles to the off-street loop at Kipling.

161 Rogers Rd - The west-end loop of this route will be expanded, so that
buses turn on Alliance, Jane, Lambton, and Rockcliffe. The present operation
on Outlook will be removed. This will continue transit service on part of
Rockcliffe, where the 71 Runnymede service is being removed at certain times.

-------------------------
Bus routes at each garage

Arrow Road Garage

120 Calvington
108 Downsview
36  Finch West
37  Islington
191 Highway 27 Express
35  Jane
45  Kipling (Shared with Queensway)
46  Martin Grove
84  Sheppard West
60  Steeles West
89  Weston
165 Weston Rd North
96  Wilson
106 York University
Standby buses

Birchmount Garage

9   Bellamy
17  Birchmount
20  Cliffside
113 Danforth
23  Dawes
34  Eglinton East (Shared with Eglinton)
135 Gerrard
43  Kennedy
12  Kingston Rd
16  McCowan
116 Morningside
67  Pharmacy
86  Scarborough
24  Victoria Park
68  Warden
69  Warden South
Service relief and standby buses

Danforth Garage

87  Cosburn
22  Coxwell
25  Don Mills
100 Flemingdon Park
121 Front-Esplanade
31  Greenwood
83  Jones
56  Leaside
64  Main
62  Mortimer
70  O'Connor
72  Pape
143 Premium Express via Queen East
65  Parliament
82  Rosedale
75  Sherbourne
81  Thorncliffe Park
94  Wellesley
91  Woodbine
92  Woodbine South

Eglinton Garage

5   Avenue Rd
6   Bay
11  Bayview
126 Christie
127 Davenport
28  Davisville
34  Eglinton East (Shared with Birchmount)
32  Eglinton West (Shared with Queensway)
33  Forest Hill
54  Lawrence East (Shared with Malvern)
51  Leslie
74  Mt Pleasant
103 Mt Pleasant North
63  Ossington
141 Premium Express via Mt Pleasant
144 Premium Express via Underhill
136 Premium Express via Wynford
88  South Leaside
77  Spadina
90  Vaughan
97  Yonge
Standby buses

Malvern Garage

21  Brimley
128 Brimley North
39  Finch East
139 Huntingwood
54  Lawrence East (Shared with Eglinton)
129 McCowan North
102 Markham Rd
130 Middlefield
57  Midland
132 Milner
133 Neilson
131 Nugget
171 Progress East
85  Sheppard East
53A/B/E Steeles East (53 at Wilson)
134 Tapscott
95/B/C/E/F York Mills (95A at Wilson)
Service relief and standby buses

Queensway Garage

2   Anglesey
4   Annette
49  Bloor West
50  Burnhamthorpe
111 East Mall
32  Eglinton West (Shared with Eglinton)
15  Evans
110 Islington North
40  Junction
45  Kipling (Shared with Arrow Road)
44  Kipling South
30  Lambton
66  Prince Edward
80  Queensway
73  Royal York
76  Royal York South
71  Runnymede
123 Shorncliffe
55  Warren Park
168 Symington
112 West Mall
Standby buses

Wilson Garage

117 Alness
61  Avenue Rd North
7   Bathurst
160 Bathurst North
42  Cummer
125 Drewry
29  Dufferin
104 Faywood
14  Glencairn
122 Graydon Hall
41  Keele
107 Keele North
47  Lansdowne
162 Lawrence-Donway
52  Lawrence West
58  Malton
59  Maple Leaf
142 Premium Express via Avenue Rd
109 Ranee
161 Rogers Rd
79  Scarlett Rd
115 Silver Hills
98  Senlac
78  St Andrews
53  Steeles East (53A/B/E at Malvern)
124 Sunnybrook
10  Van Horne
105 Wilson Heights
95A York Mills (95/B/C/E/F at Malvern)
Service relief and standby buses