Subject: Congratulations U of T Students

From: [email-masked] (Neil A. McEwan)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 04:52:06 GMT

Just a word to say congratulations to all those University of
Toronto students who, in the guise of having a protest, rioted at the
Ontario Legislature today.  Once again you have made known your conviction
that every student, no matter how affluent, unintelligent, or improvident,
has a right to have 80% of his or her education paid for by the working
taxpayer.  Now we all know how those mean, heartless Tories want to make
us pay for our own studies in German cinema, narrative theory and
psycholinguistics, but to hell with them!  Make the working people, most
of whom were stupid enough to have voted Tory anyway, pay for our future
prosperity.  And if they won't pay, we'll simply threaten with violence
the government that they democratically elected -- if democracy has to go
in order to guarantee our future status as members of the upper-middle-
class, so be it!  You were all taught in first-year sociology that
democracy was a sham, anyway.

     Remember -- the generation that ran up an incredible deficit with its
social spending is aging and will soon be retired.  We university students
must be ready to take our places as the new generation of freeloaders! 
Students of the world unite!  You have nothing to lose but your... uh... 
I forget what, exactly, but you get the idea.

Yrs.

Neil A. McEwan
University of Toronto
School of Graduate Studies
--