Subject: Shi'ites
From: [email-masked] (Anonymous)
Date: 9 Mar 1996 22:47:51 +0100
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology

Hodge Malek - cult attorney and Islamic fundamentalist

It would be of great use if someone could construct a list of the Scientology 
cults employees and agents. Birds of a feather in this case most certainly 
flock together. Obviously, there have been many P.I.s the most notorious being 
Eugene Ingram. Many of the lawyers appointed by the cult have either been or 
become cult members. Peterson (who died in service), Cooley, Bowles and Moxon 
spring to mind.
  In England, however, great use has been made of Hodge Malek who is a barrister 
(the English equivalent of a trial attorney). Malek is a specialist in pretrial 
discovery, and was the co-author of the textbook on the subject. His expertise 
is in preventing opponents of the cult from ever getting to court. He was 
instrumental in cult member Margaret Hodkins perverse victory against arch-SP 
Jon Atack last year (Atack was bankrupted without any evidence being shown and 
without any trial). He is currently engaged in the persecution of Bonnie Woods.
  Oddly, Malek has much in common with the intolerant and harassive beliefs of 
Scientology, because Malek is a Shiite Muslim. That is to say, he belongs to 
that minority of the Islamic faith most strenuously represented in Iran. He 
would agree with the Fatwa that Salman Rushdie should be executed for his book 
The Satanic Verses - a peculiar stance for an officer of the court, but 
acceptable in a worthy supporter of Fair Game.
  It is highly doubtful that the Scientologists have made their own prophets 
contempt for Mahomet clear to their lackey. In a 1952 lecture, and an interview 
published by the Rocky Mountain News in February 1983, Hubbard described William 
Bolithos Twelve Against the Gods as his favorite work of non-fiction. One of 
the twelve people to whom a chapter is dedicated is Mahomet, whom Bolitho 
describes as a conniving psychopath.
 As part of his characterization, and to Hubbards applause, Bolitho says of 
Gods prophet: The legends about his boyhood are neither credible nor 
interesting. He looked after the goats, and from time to time had some sort of 
epileptic fits. Bolitho called him an adventurer ... this little bloodshot 
fellow, the exploiter of a fond widows fortune. Of the teaching subscribed to 
by Mr Malek, Hubbards hero says while Mahomets borrowings from Christianity 
are many, they are so distorted that they must have passed through at least 
three misunderstandings. He rounds off his critique with this statement about 
the holy writings of the Koran, Out of the mass of incoherent writings, 
cursings, distichs, that he is still pouring out in his old age, half buried 
under the minutiae of new laws obviously inspired by the domestic bickerings of 
his harem, there is vaguely visible the plan to which the old man is arrived: 
the species of vast plunder gang, the Bandit State, in which he will brigade all 
the faithful, the gigantic enterprise or organised looting of the whole world to 
which he calls his race.
  This seems to be an apt description of Hubbards legacy. Do Shiites have any 
form of Liability Formula? If so, how will Hodge Malek make up the damage he has 
caused in supporting such an enemy of his faith? Answers on a postcard to: Hodge 
Malek, 4-5 Grays Inn Square, London, WC1R 5AY, England. Perhaps he would like to 
know how decent people feel?