Subject: Re: James Randi and "crazy woman in Toronto" Michelle Landsberg

From: [email-masked] (Gary R. Walsh)
Date: 21 Jul 1996 23:50:38 GMT

In message <[email-masked]> - [email-masked] (karl mamer)19 Jul
1996 16:26:45 -0400 writes:
:>Hmmm... Landsberg never struck me as a rabid feminist. She's never
:>struck me as being very interesting either. I rarely read her.
:>Anyone else see this information pass by in any of her articles?
:>The star doesn't have a rep for calling people child molestors
:>based on hearsay and I'm 100% confident that the Amazing Randi
:>isn't a child molester.
:>
She wrote a column a while back about an organization involving so-called
"false memory syndrome"  which involves alleged memories of child molestation
dredged up in adults by the use of questionable hypnotic techniques.  Many
people claim to have been falsly charged as a result and an organization was
formed to defend such people.  Randi, as a conjurer and professional skeptic
is often consulted in matters of pseudo-science.  Anyhow, Ms. Lansberg seems
to believe that the members of this false memory syndrome group are in favor
of child molesting and she mentioned Randi as being involved with them in some
capacity which he denys.  I don't remember the exact details of the article,
as it was a few months ago.  Anyhow, Randi was greatly upset about the claims
against him.  I don't know if there have been any further columns by Ms.
Landsberg about Randi.  I havn't seen any.

Gary R. Walsh                   [email-masked]	
Richmond Hill, Ontario          http://www.interlog.com/~grwalsh