Subject: Re: (fwd) Metro Days of Action

From: [email-masked] (Peter Karwowski)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 04:16:54 GMT

[email-masked] (Eric Mills) wrote:

>** Topic: ACTION-DAYS: Metro Council **
>** from web:act.cuts.ont **

>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**************October 10, 1996

(oh please!)

>Metro Council blows its opportunity 
>to defend Metro's public service 

>(North York) - A decision by Metro Council not to support the Metro Days of
>Action and instead 'ask their lawyers to prepare a report on the legal
>recourse available to hold organizers accountable' will do nothing to deter
>the community's plans for October 22-27.

Well, all I can say is if I'm prevented from coming into work in
downtown Toronto,  (Yes I commute from London) the organizers will
receive a bill for my wasted time.

I wonder what would happen if several thousand other people did the
same thing?  And yes, with every intention to collect!

>Rather than wasting time and taxpayers' money on two days of rancorous
>debate over whether or not to support the Metro Days of Action, maybe Metro
>Council should start figuring out who the real enemy of public services is -
>and that is the Harris government,  said Metro Days of Action Co-Chair Linda
>Torney. 
Rather than wasting time and taxpayer's money by complaining how they
didn't get their way and going on a pout.

>Reacting to today's vote, which faced some 20 amendments, Torney said she's
>disappointed but not surprised that the Tory-dominated council are not
>supporting the Metro Days of Action. 

>Ironically,  says Torney,  in the same motion council voted to 'reaffirm its
>commitment to the democratic rights of citizens to express their views
>through peaceful protests,' and that's exactly what we will be doing on
>October 25 and 26. 

Nobody said you can't protest, just leave the rest of us alone, that's
all.

>MDA Co-Chair Margaret Hancock, who chairs the Metro Network for Social
>Justice, says  Metro residents need simply to look to the previous four days
>of action to see that every single protest we've held has been entirely
>peaceful, orderly and community-wide in the truest sense. 

Metro residents can also look to the previous four days of action and
see that every single protest has produced nothing, stopped nothing,
and only made the majority realize that the cuts are finally putting
the whiners back in their pace.

>There are literally hundreds of community groups and organizations
>participating in and supporting the Metro Days of Action. 

There are literally hundreds of thousands, if not millions of others
who do not support the "Metro Days of Action".

> If Metro Council
>isn't prepared to stand up and defend the vital public services which their
>constituents depend on - like health care and education - then the many
>thousands of people expected to participate in the Metro Days of Action will
>have to do it for them,  says Hancock.   

Metro council is listening to the majority of its constituents who
realize that what we have is a bloated, beurocatic nightmare that must
be stopped dead in its tracks.

>End of news release from the Metro Days of Action: 512-8890

Remember that number.  512-8890.  Call them and let them know what you
really think about the "protest".

Cheers,

Peter Karwowski                                    London, Ontario  Canada
Curmudgeon in training                         http://www.mgl.ca/~peterkar
==========================================================================
[email-masked]         [email-masked]        [email-masked]
==========================================================================
        If at first you DO succeed, try to hide your astonishment!

---

From: [email-masked] (Thomas G. Moog)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 96 12:35:59 GMT

Eric_Mills:

>and that is the Harris government,

No, Eric, the real enemy of the public is you and the rest of the out-of-date 
and irresponsible socialists. I realize that I am only one voice and you do 
not give a damn about doing the right thing but I am sick and tired of your 
whining especially your nonsensical whining. Not one place in all your 
ramblings did I ever read of some positive solutions towards financial 
responsibility. Not one place !!! All I have read is the constant propaganda 
that the public service is being abused and not being treated fairly. This is 
contrary to the generally realized fact that the public service is highly 
bloated with bureaucrats, civil servants and "office managers" and the like. 
As with everywhere else in Canada it must be trimmed to efficiency.

Eric Mills, YOU are the enemy and you should not be suprised if some fed up 
citizen confronts you or someone like yourself with a deserved wallop to shake 
you into doing the right thing.

Very concerned,

Tom

---

From: [email-masked] (Walter Petelka)
Date: 21 Oct 96 08:02:04 UTC

[email-masked] (BRIA  FRANK) wrote:

>:]In article <[email-masked]>,
>:]Thomas G. Moog <[email-masked]> wrote:
>:]>Eric_Mills:
>:]>
>:]>
>:]>>Council should start figuring out who the real enemy of public services is -
>:]>>and that is the Harris government,
>:]>
>:]>
>:]>No, Eric, the real enemy of the public is you and the rest of the out-of-date 
>:]>and irresponsible socialists.
>:]
>:]
>:]Maybe for people like you, who get all their knowledge of "socialists" 
>:]from the capitalist owned media, it would seem as if the  left was "out of

Chapter 3, page 2, para 4 of Chairman Mao/Chrieten's red book....god how
out of touch with reality can a person get?

>:]date". However, if you ever meet a socialist, you will find exactly the 
>:]opposite, people who are well informed about what is happenning around 

Because they have all the time in the world to hang around coffee houses
reading.....thanks to my tax dollars and social assisstance.

>:]them, and who have no fear to confront those responsible for the current 
>:]level of poverty and unemployment, as well as for the current level of 
>:]affluence and waste for the few.

Then why aren't they confronting the ndp and liberals and previous
conservative governments who brought these problems upon us due to
pressure from whiners like yourself.

>:]
>:]> I realize that I am only one voice and you do 
>:]>not give a damn about doing the right thing but I am sick and tired of your 
>:]>whining especially your nonsensical whining.
>:]
>:]We, supporters of the week of action, are not whining. We are preparing for 
>:]the largest protest in Canadian history. YOU are whining.
>:]
>:]> Not one place in all your 
>:]>ramblings did I ever read of some positive solutions towards financial 
>:]>responsibility.
>:]
>:]Financial responsibility is, for a governement that claims to represent
>:]the people, to make sure that all its citizens can make a decent living
>:]from decent work. What wwe have here is a government that is making life

It is not government's responsibility to provide jobs......that is the
job of the private sector who make decisions based on the attitude of
governments and previous governments in Ontario did not instill much
confidence in the business community.

>:]all the more difficult for most under the excuse of a supposed deficit
>:]cisis, only to give all the money taken from the most needy to the richest
>:]in Canada as a gift (tax cut). That is unacceptable for most people in

Come on now......most of your supporters ridiculed the tax cut as
insignificant in jump starting the economy.....btw, did you refuse the
tax cut (that is if you are working.)

>:]Toronto and that is why we (Toronto residents) WILL shut down the city on
>:]the twenty fifth. And you, please, stop whining. 

I have no problem you shutting down the City of Toronto, permanently if
you like, as these are the just rewards for the electorate who are
responsible for electing the kooks on the left to the Toronto city
council. In fact it would be a quicker and more humane death than the
slow death the city if going through..

Have fun.....you will inconvience some people who will get ticked off at
unions and whiners and give the Harris government even stronger support
than they have now, you will put $$$ into the pockets of the "rich"
entepreuners, ie: restaurants, bus companies, taxi companies, hotels,
etc. etc., you will take money out of the pockets of the single mother
who can't get to work because her day care centre is closed, maybe cause
long term damage to a child who can't get their regular therapy at
clinics, prevent seniors from getting to appointments, prevent disabled
people from getting to work, etc. etc.

Socialist logic.......it doesn't even rate being an oxymoron.

>:]
>:]

Walter Petelka
idirect.com
TORONTO, Ont..