Subject: Re: Censorship

From: [email-masked] (Elf Sternberg)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1992 07:15:37 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Hillel) writes:

>#(1) *Special Findings on Pornography:  The council finds that pornography
>#is central in creating and maintaining the civil inequality of the sexes.

   "Having worked in a magazine newsstand for seval months, I've had a
wonderful opportunity to watch men buying pornographic magazines.  To a
man, these men were pathetic, weak, simpering men afraid to look me, a
woman, in the eye when they made their purchases.

   "If pornography hurts anyone, it hurts the men who buy it, who use
it to avoid learning how to deal with a real woman and cope with a real
society.

   "To the feminists who hate pornography, I've just got one thing to
say: GET A LIFE, SISTER!"

    - Editorial in _The Stranger_, Seattle's alternative newspaper.

>That was very nice, now please tell us if you, *personally* see
>see MacKinnon's anti-porno legislation as censorship.

   I do.

         Elf !!!
-- 
Elf Sternberg    __   |     I have looked into the abyss, and the abyss
[email-masked]  \/   | has looked into me.  Neither liked what we saw.
[email-masked] |                              - Brother Theodore