Subject: Re: International Women's Day - March 8

From: [email-masked] (Val Dodge)
Date: 5 Mar 1995 05:04:30 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (Kamala-Jean Gopie) wrote:

> The main subjects to be highlighted are the inherit Misogyny
> of the Canadian budget announced last week, and male violence
> against Women.

"Inherit Misogyny"? Are you saying it's *genetic*?

Let me guess what your ideal budget would be: tax all white men 100%,
put them all in jail for lookin' at you funny, and fire them from
their jobs; give all the money and jobs to non-white women, and then
start whining about the "inherit" racism of the air.

Yup, I'm sure that Paul Martin (a man! <gasp!> he must be racist *and*
sexist if he has a white dick!) cut billions and billions of dollars
out of the budget simply by lowering funding for women. And I heard
that all of the 40000+ people that the government is going to lay off
are going to be women! Sexist pig. He's no Finance Minsiter, he's the
Misogynistic Bastard Minister. And UI cutbacks only affect *women*. Do
you believe the gall? And what about his proposal that only women
drivers pay the increased gas tax? Or that only women be affected by
health care cuts because "they already live too long."

But it doesn't stop with Paul Martin. No, it's the entire Cretien
(another white-dicked man!) government. If you look at the fine print
in Allan Rock's gun control bill, only women have to register their
firearms. And the changes to the Young Offender Act? That's right,
longer prison sentences for *girls*. Sergio Marchi? Did you hear that
he denied refugee status to a woman last week? Can you imagine the
nerve of that...that...*man*? Where will it stop? The only solution
is armed rebellion. Unfortunately Cretien, the wily bastard that he
is, knows that; that's why he's secretly planning to take away all
women's guns. Stand up for your rights now before you lose them. It
may be your last chance. Even the Queen herself is slated to be
replaced by a man soon. The end is near, my friends...

> National Action Committee on the Status of Women,
> Congress of Black Women,
> Women Working With Immigrant Women,
> African Women's Resource Centre,
> Coalition of Visible Minority Women,
> Middle East Immigrant Women's Centre,
> South Asian Women's Centre,
> Women's Education Centre
> Immigrant Women's Centre,
> Native Women's Resource Centre,
> Ontario Immigrant and Visible Minority Women's Organization,
> and the Council of Women.

You see, this is why women have such little power today; you've
fragmented your voice. If you were like men, you'd put all of your
faith and power in one institution and let them do all the lobbying
for you -- much like men have with Labatt's. Through Labatt's, men
control probably the two most powerful and influential people in the
nation right now: Paul Beeston and Serge Savard. Who do women have? I
dunno, a bunch of talking heads in Winnipeg. Coincidence? I think not.

You know guys, I think we've found a perfect counterpart to Allisat in
Ms Gopie. I mean, they both have this thing for spewing completely
illogical, unfounded opinions into the bitsream and never bothering to
defend them...could they be eyedentical twins, perhaps? I surely can't
be the only one who's noticed the resemblance. If we could only get
them to post about the same thing, they could probably ignore each
other into oblivion. It almost sounds like a match made in heaven; for
the rest of us, anyway. So here's the deal: someone get Bob to post
about how immigrant women are killing the environment, and we'll be
well on our way...

--
Val Dodge                |  Tell me no lies, and I'll ask you no
Toronto, Ontario         |  questions.