Subject: John Schulte

From: [email-masked] (aaron.l.hoffmeyer)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1992 23:34:26 GMT

The following two articles have appeared in northern Ohio papers.
These are just two of many articles and UPI-Radio and the AP wire have
also broadcast at least one story each.  Until the most recent article,
all articles took the approach that John had been charged for abusing
two girls, omitting that they are his daughters and that his ex-wife
has actively tried to have him indicted for two years, although two
courts (Juvenile and Domestic) have already ruled that there was no
indication of abuse, no evidence, and that the court has ordered his
ex-wife to allow regular visitation, which she has refused.  The court
has failed to enforce his visitation rights despite 15 contempts he has
filed.

He has not seen his daughters for two years, although he goes with
witnesses for every scheduled visit as the court order specifies.

These are the articles....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former state candidate charged with sex abuse

BOWLING GREEN (AP) -- A former candidate for state office has been
charged with sexually abusing two girls.

John Schulte of the Toledo suburb of Oregon has been indicted on one
count of sexual penetration and two counts of gross sexual imposition.
The charges carry specifications that could result in a life sentence.  

Authorities say Schulte had sexual contact with the girls between
January 1987 and April 1990.  The girls are now six- and
eight-years-old.

He will be arraigned Nov. 16 in Wood County Common Pleas Court.

Schulte, a stockbroker who owns Great Lakes Equities, ran as a
Republican for the state senate in 1988 and state representative in
1990.  He lost Tuesday in bid to capture a seat on the state Board of
Education.

The charges resulted from a five-month investigation by special
prosecutor Elaine Knutson of Tiffin.

Schulte's former wife, Sonia Schulte, asked the Wood County Common Pleas
Court to appoint a special prosecutor.

She said a special prosecutor was needed because Wood County prosecutor
Alan Mayberry had not acted on her complaints which were filed two years
ago.

She said the prosecutor's office had been reluctant to investigate her
allegations because her former husband is prominent in the local
Republican Party.  Mayberry also is s Republican.

Assistant prosecutor Gary Bishop had said there wasn't enough evidence
to pursue criminal charges against Schulte.

Schulte's lawyer, Jim Hitchcock, has declined comment.  But he said
Hitchcock will enter an innocent plea to the charges.

 	Source: Sandusky Register, Sunday, November 8, 1992

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schulte Says He'll Plead Not Guilty In Arraignment
By Press Staff Writer

OREGON -- Local businessman and political candidate John Schulte said he
will enter a plea of not guilty during his arraignment on sexual abuse
charges.

Mr. Schulte, of Baywood Dr., was recently indicted by a Wood County
grand jury on one count of sexual penetration and two counts of gross
sexual imposition.  

His arraignment is before Judge Donald DeCessna today.  Mr. Schulte,
through his attorney, Jay Milano of Cleveland, issued a brief statement
last week:  "Allegations of child abuse that arise out of divorce are
notoriously unreliable.  One recent book described them as the `Salem
Witch Hunts Revisited.'

"The Woods County Domestic Relations Court rejected the accusations of
abuse.  The Wood County prosecutor's office investigated fully and did
not seek indictment.

"Mr. Schulte will be vindicated at trial.  The strain will be enormous
on him and his family.  The only consolation will come when this ends,
once and for all."

The charges were filed after an investigation by a special prosecutor.

Mr. Schulte's ex-wife, Sonia, asked for a special prosecutor because her
husband and Alan Mayberry, county prosecutor, are both members of the
Wood County Republican party, creating what she believed to be a
conflict of interest.

The charges allege that Mr. Schulte had sexual contact with his
daughters during a three-year period prior to the Schulte's divorce in
1991.

Mr. Schulte, the owner of Great Lakes Equities, has claimed the the
allegations are unfounded and the by-product of a bitter divorce that
included battle over client accounts at the stock brokerage where his
wife also once worked.

Mr. Schulte has been an unsuccessful candidate for state
representative, Oregon clerk-auditor, and just this month, Ohio board
of education.

	Source: The Press, November 16, 1992

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions for the legal eagles:

1.  What charges can John Schulte get filed against his ex- for this
    unending harassment, malicious prosecution, libel, slander,
    defamation of character, creation of a public nuisance, filing
    false charges, alienation of affection, interference with custody
    and visitation?

2.  What tort remedies could he use to compensate him for the emotional
    cruelty to himself and his family (especially his daughters) and
    financial losses to his business as a result of the unending
    harassment, denial of visitation, false allegations etc.

3.  Can the special prosecutor, the judge and/or the grand jury members
    be sued for malice and/or malpractice?  Why or why not?  What
    charges, if any can be filed against any of these people?

4.  Who can be sued?  Why?

5.  Who can't be sued?  Why not?

6.  How can the legal system start addressing these kinds of cases in
    ways that will effectively deal with them, and minimize the damage
    to all innocent parties, yet cut-off the falsely accusing in such a
    way to disempower them from continuing the battle and punish them
    for the damage they cause?  If the falsely accusing start being held
    accountable for their acts, maybe these false allegations will stop.

If possible, please cite cases, case law or rulings establishing
precedence.

Some generic info:

According to various sources, the crime most falsely reported in the US
is rape.  According to these sources, anywhere from 8 to 12% of all rape
claims are false.  Ah, but that is wrong.  By far, the most falsely reported
crime is child abuse of any kind.  In only 1 out of 3 reported cases of
abuse is there even substantiation by Children's Services and in only a
small percentage of cases are charges even filed.  However, in divorce
custody/visitation disputes, the rate for false claims ranges from 50%
as reported by Children's Services, to 80% as determined by national
experts on the phenomenon of child sexual abuse allegations that arise
during such disputes.

There have been over 130 books written on this topic and thousands upon
thousands of articles, yet no one seems to know anything about this
"Atom Bomb Strategy" used maliciously during divorce custody/visitation
disputes.

Aaron L. Hoffmeyer
[email-masked]