Subject: C.A.S. Scandal - Please Read!

From: [email-masked] (A Concerned Citizen)
Date: 18 Oct 1994 17:27:03 GMT

"Society" Covers Up Abuses
                             C.A.S. Scandal
                 Workers' Crimes & Abuses of Authority

Part 3 of 4

This is published by (Name Censored).  No other person bears any
responsibility for the content, publication or distribution of this
material.  The publisher's name is left off not from cowardice but
because the law prohibits its publication.  Facts presented in this
document can be confirmed by documentation and by eyewitness accounts.
Reader concerns regarding the Children's Aid Society may be addressed by
telephone calls and letters to the media, your political
representatives, or Raymond J. Muldoon, C.A.S. Executive Director.  For
further information or to see documentation, the publisher may be
contacted  anytime at  (613) 546-5114.

Dad Proved Not  Abuser
        In December of 1992, the C.A.S. investigation was concluded,
        having failed to prove any part of the false allegations against
        (father's name censored) true. In the spring of 1993,
        psychological and physiological testing conducted by Dr. Wendy
        Cole's team proved that (father's name censored) is not a
        paedophile and has no possible sexual interest in children of
        either gender.

	"...husband-beating is almost as common as wife-beating."
            - John Chamberlin, consultant

Mom Documented Abuser
        Meanwhile, it is well documented that (mother's name censored),
        the children's mother was for many years a severe and
        unpredictable abuser of both her children and her spouse.

        "(It was reported)(mother's name censored) had hit (eldest boy's
        name censored) on his face...scratched his face and his back,
        held him by his arm and thrown him against the wall. "I examined
        (eldest boy's name censored); he had teeth marks on his right
        temple, a scratch mark on his left temple and three scratch
        marks on his upper back...his mother attacked him--she hit him
        and she scratched him. "(Mother's name censored) is selective in
        providing her counsellors with information about herself and
        tends to minimize her problems.  (She) has always resisted any
        in depth treatment. "(Father's name censored) gave the
        impression of the stronger and the emotionally more stable
        parent who is concerned about his children's safety and is
        prepared to ensure it. "(Mother's name censored) openly admits
        to her inability to control her aggressive behaviour..." - B.
        Pinto., Windsor C.A.S.

Teacher Suspected Abuser 
        It is also clearly evident that Anthony Piccinato had sexually
        abused (eldest boy's name censored) for about three years.

        "A jury found Mr. Piccinato guilty of sexually assaulting
        a...pupil...on the floor of the school library.  He was
        sentenced to 34 years in prison..." - The Whig Standard

Dad Rescued Children
        It is also well documented that (father's name censored) finally
        rescued his children from these terribly abusive situations and
        that he parented successfully as a single father for more than
        two years.

        "...somebody else would have kicked my ass out the door and
        changed the locks as soon as he found out.
            - (mother's name censored)

        In the face of all this evidence, the C.A.S. refuses to halt its
        onslaught against this family.

No Protection For Father
        Early on and continuing to date, (father's name censored) has
        been in contact with Gary Wilson, M.P.P.; representatives of the
        Office of Child and Family Service Advocacy; Dr. Ernie Nelson,
        the local manager for the Ministry of Community and Social
        Services; Marion Boyd and then Tony Silipo, Ministers of
        Community and Social Services; and Marion Boyd in her present
        position as Attorney General.  All have chosen to wash their
        hands of the entire matter.

C.A.S. Unresponsive To Facts
        Susan Abell, then Executive Director of the C.A.S. and the Board
        of Directors of the C.A.S. have also refused to seriously
        consider (father's name censored)'s concerns or to look into
        this matter. Letitia Steele, who has been appointed by the
        Official Guardian to represent all three children, has tended
        rather to represent the point of view of the C.A.S. (Youngest
        boy's name censored) reports that Letitia Steele regularly
        prompts him and attempts to coerce him as to what he should say
        on subjects such as where he wants to live.  For example, if she
        asks where he wants to live and he says with Daddy, Letitia
        Steele keeps repeating the question and prompting him until he
        says with Mommy.  (Youngest boy's name censored) has reported
        this improper behaviour by Letitia Steele on several occasions.

        "...if the lawyer repeatedly asks the same question the child
        may think he or she has given the wrong answer.  So they will
        eventually change their reply to please the adult."
            - W. Gifford Jones, M.D., "The Doctor Game"

Kids Not Allowed Home
        During the year that (girl's name censored) and (youngest boy's
        name censored) have been in the custody of the C.A.S., workers
        have absolutely refused to allow these children to visit their
        family home, even for family visits with their father. At the
        same time, workers are allowing unsupervised visits in the home
        of their mother, who is the documented abuser of these children.

        "...the mother...had episodes wherein she perceived her husband
        to be her father, and then would (attack) him, sometimes using
        weapons such as knives. "...a very elevated safety threat to
        this child and to his father. "The (Windsor C.A.S.) worker
        agreed with this examiner's impressions of a real and immanent
        safety risk to this child (and) would support limiting the
        mother's contact with the children and having her in a
        non-custodial role with the children."
            - Dr. Ralph Billingsley, C. Psych.

Judge Biased For C.A.S.
        On July 29, 1994, although the trial in this matter is less than
        half-way over, Family Court Judge K. E. Pedlar indicated both by
        his actions and in so many words clearly that he had already
        made his decision. On that date, Judge Pedlar turned down
        applications by both parents to have (girl's name censored) and
        (youngest boy's name censored) stay at home for the duration of
        the trial as being improper and inappropriate.  He then told
        (mother's name censored) and the C.A.S. to submit a new
        application which he committed, as a matter of course, to
        approve.  His intent that the children live with their abusive
        mother was quite clear. On that same date, Judge Pedlar stated
        that although he had only heard C.A.S. evidence, "to be fair" he
        would listen to (father's name censored)'s evidence, then would
        place the children with their mother.  He gave no indication
        that (father's name censored)'s evidence could at all change his
        mind.

        "(Mother's name censored) had a very violent outburst...attacked
        (father's name censored) with a long bladed  kitchen knife." -
        Yonne  Liddle, Windsor C.A.S.

        The C.A.S. has now presented to the court its intention to place
        (girl's name censored) and (youngest boy's name censored) with
        their mother for six weeks without supervision. Meanwhile, for
        the five weeks beginning October 7, the C.A.S. has all but
        eliminated (father's name censored)'s access while greatly
        increasing (mother's name censored)'s.  For that five weeks, the
        C.A.S. proposes giving (father's name censored) three hours
        supervised time with only two of his children.  (Mother's name
        censored) is to receive 156.5 hours, including all three
        children and mostly unsupervised, although this presents a clear
        risk to the well being of the children.