Subject: Publication Ban on Page 1

From: [email-masked] (Nalin Whatyamacallit)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 92 12:20:03 EST

The following piece appeared on Page 1 of the Dec 5, '92 Globe & Mail -
Canada's only national news paper.  It seems court censorship has come full
circle.

	"Somewhere in Canada yesterday, a group requested a court ban on the
	publication/broadcast of a certain work for certain reasons.

	"The court granted the ban on publication/broadcast and, in addition,
	imposed a ban on reporting the fact of the ban.

	"This has required The Globe and Mail to withhold Broadcast Week
	magazine, which is normally included in the Saturday papers distributed
	in Ontario.

	"The Globe and Mail, with certain other parties, has mounted a legal
	challenge against the ban on reporting the ban, on grounds that it
	interferes with freedom of the press and other media of communication,
	which is guaranteed in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms."

--
Selected by Maddi Hausmann.  MAIL your joke (jokes ONLY) to [email-masked]
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible.  A Daemon will auto-reply.

Jokes ABOUT major current events should be sent to [email-masked]
(ie. jokes which won't be funny if not given immediate attention.)
Anything that is not a joke submission goes to [email-masked]