Subject: Re: Capitalism w/o EXPANSION: IS IT POSSIBLE?? (Was: Capitalism w/o advertising: IS IT POSSIBLE??)

From: [email-masked] (Bum Bill Bee)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 02:48:46 GMT

[email-masked] (Henry Choy) wrote:

>How would you know that when G7 citizens consume less others have
>more? Where do others get more?

OK, Hank "One-Liner" Choy.  If the wealthy countries spent less time on
mindless, corporate-driven consumption, those resources could be directed in
lifting the level of economic status of the less-fortunate.  If you'd think
twice before blowing your money on the latest "must-have" piece of junk, there
would first be less junk and second, more dough available for organizations like
Oxfam, for example.

---

From: [email-masked] (Frank Ch. Eigler)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 23:20:45 GMT

Bum Bill Bee ([email-masked]) wrote:
: [...] If the wealthy countries spent less time on
: mindless, corporate-driven consumption, those resources could be directed
: in lifting the level of economic status of the less-fortunate.

If you stop speaking in the passive voice, we could get to the bottom
of this sooner.  Who would direct the economic resources to the less
fortunate?  By what right?  At whose expense?

: If you'd think twice before blowing your money on [some toy]
: there would first be less junk and second, more dough available
: for organizations like Oxfam, for example.

Are you suggesting that instead of spending money to my benefit,
you want me to just hand it over to someone who hasn't earned it?
(If I refuse, I'd suppose you'd want to tax it out of me?)

-- 
Frank Ch. Eigler // [email-masked]
                // [email-masked]
               // [email-masked]