Subject: Message from Concordia University

From: [email-masked] ( Frank Maselli )
Date: 14 Sep 92 19:22:27 GMT

On behalf of the Rector and Vice-Chancellor of Concordia University
I am posting the following message:

=================================================================

~Subject:        Message from Dr. Patrick Kenniff, Rector and Vice-
                Chancellor  of Concordia University in response to
                queries with regard to Dr. Fabrikant

I  am  taking  the unusual step of posting a message on this medium
because  it  has  come  to  my  attention that the  allegations  of
scientific  misconduct  raised  by V.I. Fabrikant  continue  to  be
addressed  on  this  system and because I wish to inform you of the
tragic events of 24 August 1992 at our University.

V.I. Fabrikant, an Associate Professor at Concordia University, has
been  charged  with three counts of first-degree murder, two counts
of  attempted  murder, two  counts  of  hostage-taking  as  well as
uttering  death  threats and using a firearm in the commission of a
crime.  Three  of  our  colleagues are dead, one remains in serious
condition  and  the fifth is recovering from a gunshot wound to the
leg. The  families  of  the deceased and the injured as well as the
entire University community are in a  state of  shock and mourning.

The   Vice-Rector,  Academic   conducted   an   inquiry   into  the
numerous  allegations  he  raised  and  reported  to  the  Board of
Governors  in  March  1992  that  they  were  unfounded.   However,
with the continuance of Dr. Fabrikant's allegations, the University
will undertake a further review with dispatch. Let us not, however,
lose  sight of who the victims are in this tragedy. There can be no
excuse nor justification for the brutal and senseless actions of 24
August 1992.

Patrick Kenniff
Rector & Vice-Chancellor
Concordia University

==================================================================
-- 
Frank Maselli
Assistant Director, Customer Relations
Computing Services
Concordia University

---

From: [email-masked] (Edgar Matias)
Date: 15 Sep 92 01:07:10 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>
Patrick Kenniff (Rector & Vice-Chancellor, Concordia University) writes:
>numerous  allegations [Dr. Fabrikant] raised  and  reported  to  the
>Board of Governors  in  March  1992  that  they  were  unfounded.

I'm not surprised.  Question is:  Who is more believable, Fabrikant or
this Rector/Vice-Chancellor?  I don't know...
(Aside:  Can you spell "coverup" boys and girls...?)

>Let us not, however,

No arguments here...

Edgar
-- 
Edgar Matias
Input Research Group
University of Toronto
--
I speak for no one...