Subject: Re: Fabrikant did not post to sci.research.careers

From: [email-masked] (Dov Bai-MSI Visitor)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1992 13:01:49 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Mark D. Smucker) writes:
>
>One thing should be noted here, Dr. Fabrikant did not post to this
>group,  Dov Bai ( [email-masked] ) posted all of the
>articles.  I am curious where Mr. Bai got the articles etc.  What
>other groups saw the same set of postings?

I got his plea for help in my mail box, I dont know why me. 
From the header I notice that he sent it to a large mailing list. 
I also see from the header that most user ids start with the letters "ba", 
so he probably got my e-mail address from some directory 
(Possibly from SIAM or AMS membership list). 
The header also include the line

X-Vms-To: @B.LST

so there might have been A.LST, C.LST etc. for people whose name begin
with a different letter in the alphabet. I decided to send it to
s.r.c. becasue I thought it might be helpful for people who are 
eagerly looking for a tenure-track position to see how the "Real
World" looks, and that it is not a paradise at all. Later on I sent
it also science.research.

It is not the first time that I get such a plea for help in e.-mail.
See my other posting regrarding jobs in small universities.

Here is again the file header and the beginning of the file itself, if you
are curious. 

Dov

---------------------------------------cut here--------------------------