Subject: Re: "FUCK CANADA !!!"

From: "Russ Kuykendall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 17:12:17 -0400

> On Sat, 29 Jun 1996, Bernard wrote:
> 
> > LE QUEBEC AUX QUEBECOIS !!!
> > FUCK CANADA !!!
> > HOPE IT RAINS ON CANADA DAY!!!
> > ANGLOS GO HOME !!!
> > AU QUEBEC LE 1ER JUILLET C'EST LA FETE DU DEMENAGEMENT!!!
> > LE QUEBEC AUX QUEBECOIS !!!
> [etc]

Little known facts:

1.  Length of the battle on the Plains of Abraham:  about four minutes
2.  Where the majority of pre-Conquest residents of New France resided
after 1763:  France.
3.  Civil rights enjoyed by residents of New France before 1763:  none
guaranteed.
4.  Civil rights enjoyed by residents of New France after 1763:  free
exercise of Roman Catholicism guaranteed in the Quebec Act, 1774, and
political rights guaranteed in the Canada Act, 1790, in addition to the
rights enjoyed by this time by subjects of the British Crown guaranteed by
the Bill of Rights, 1688.
5.  Person responsible for Canada's becoming a federation instead of a
"legislative union":  Georges-Etienne Cartier
6.  Original context of the phrase, "Je me souviens":  "Je me souviens,
que nee sous le lys, je flouree sous
la rose" -- Tache.  Translation:  "I remember, that born into the French
culture, I flourish under English government."
-- 
Russ Kuykendall