Subject: Re: "Paint the Web Black"

From: [email-masked] (J.M. Ivler)
Date: 14 Feb 1996 17:00:44 GMT

James J. Marshall ([email-masked]) wrote:
: >I am not aware of any country which would allow his citizens this kind of
: >"freedom" outside restricted zones.
: 
: In reference to porn, I agree that it should be restricted.  However, 
: restriction does not mean 100% elimination.

Whoa there big guy! I have this story... it is about this guy and his two 
daughters, and the girls get him drunk and then "lay down with him" and 
have his sons... Would you want you kids to read about this?

No?

Well, better not give them the bible then. The story is the story of Lot 
and his daughters after his wife "looked back". How his two beautiful 
virgin daughters (the ones he offered to the townsfolk to "do with as you 
will" when he was protecting the angles of the lord) decided that he 
needed a son to carry on his heritage, so they both conceived his 
children. 

Isn't the bible nice? First this scumbag offers his daughters off to be 
raped by the townspeople, and then he sleeps with them and sires 
children from his children.

Talk about "porn" and "indecent"! Better ban the book today!

: Well, I should hope that you'll fight for the repeal of the CDA because (again,
: as I understand it) this law is banning any and all "indecent" speech from
: *private* *e-mail* just that same as it's being banned from anywhere else.
: Since e-mail is supposed to be just that, private, the government is not only
: restricting our right to free speech with the CDA, but they plan to violate
: our right to privacy by censoring our e-mails.

Once you let someone contol what you can and cvan not say, how you can 
and can not express yourself, you have opened the door to tyrants. 

jmi