Subject: Re: support groups...

From: [email-masked] (VGR (Craig Pell))
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1993 06:23:03 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:
>What's it like for a person who likes animal sex to tell his or her 
>friends?  Is there such a thing as "bestiality anonymous"?  What do
>you think of yourselves?  Do you think this is a perversion, or that
>feeling for animals is entirely normal?  I'm interested.  I've had a
>few animal encounters, and they were rather exciting.  Am I a pervert?
>Should I seek counselling?  Or should I find a group of friends that
>like dogs, too?

Depends where you are.  I know of at least one person who has told his 
entire community about it, and they all accept it, though not all approve of
it.  At the other end of the spectrum are those like myself, who cannot tell
*anyone*, really.  (Why do I not post anonymously, then?  Because I figure
anyone who's reading alt.sex.bestiality oughta know what they'll find!  If
you're reading this, you obviously are at least curious about the idea.)

A "zoophiles anonymous" group?  Not yet.  Although, I think there is a
possibility that the never-quite-formed Zoophiles' Outreach Organization
has potential.  Other than that, this newsgroup serves that function.

Perversion?  Us?  Well, we are all quite familiar with the condemning verses
of Leviticus.  Biblically, we're perverted.  But few of us really care.  Are
we morally perverted?  Heh.  In this society, it's very, very to feel that way,
like a twisted, lurking criminal, a real-life Freddy Krueger of some sort,
having to skulk about "feeding" on "helpless" (ha!) animals.  It is this
group, and perhaps nothing else, which has revealed to a lot of zoos that
they are *not* sick, that they are part of a sexual preference every bit as
normal as human homosexuality (which is itself not considered normal in
everyone's eyes, yet, I know, but that's another post for another group).

This group has already argued that zoophilia cannot be considered cruel in the
sense that animals are being tortured.  The answer is always the same;  anyone
who believes animals can be raped doesn't know a thing about animal behavior.
Raping a hooved animal will get you a hoof embedded in your groin;  raping a
dog or cat will get you bitten and reasonably scratched.  Sure, there are a
couple people out there in the world who mutilate hamsters and beat cats to
death to rape their warm corpses, but those people are not very welcome here,
and they are the isolated incidents with which the media tends to have a 
field day.  The bottom line is that most zoos love their animal partners
intensely, and react angrily to abuse or mistreatment of animals, perhaps 
because we treat them with the dignity that most humans get just for being
human.

Should you seek counseling?  Hmmmph.  Well, you have my opinion:  it's 
normal.  Period!  But there's more to it than that.  I often wonder if
counseling wouldn't be a good idea, since there's still the difficult task
of adjusting to a society that'll lynch you just for showing the same feelings
that two heterosexual, anthroposexual (look!  I coined a new word!) people
can show in a restaurant or public park.  Problem is, just because someone's
had more schooling than you doesn't make them a *good* therapist, it just
means they've got the papers;  there exist doctors who would aim to "cure"
the "aberration."  (Everyone here who wants to be cured, raise your hand!
No one?  That's what I thought....)  I never talked to any therapist about
it, but I'd be most interested to hear from anyone who has.

Should you find a group of friends who like dogs?  Yeah, sure.  If you can.
Zoos are not common folk, apparently.  You can't exactly take out a personal
ad in the classifieds.  For me, finding zoos is like tracking down people
with six fingers on each hand.  :-P
-- 
      | $000C35FA                  <>-----=------------------------=----=----<>
 VGR  | (1812 Overture)            | "The size of the brain is no measure of  |
      | I GIVE UP                  | its capacity."   - Mr. Jonathan Frisby   |
      | YOU MUST BE A  VIDEO WHIZ  <>-----=---------=------------------------<>