Subject: Notable Quotables

From: [email-masked] (Scott W. Wood)
Date: 9 Mar 1993 00:06:48 -0500

From the Bravo category:

	"The animal rights movement illustrates the incoherent nature
	 of a moral passion become become immoral by virtue of its
	 extremism."

				- Professor Charles Griswold Jr.,
				  Department of Philosophy,
				  Howard University

	[Animal rights is] "...probably the most revolutionary
	 movement the world has ever known -- absolutist,
	 impossibilist, bizarre."

				- Polly Toynbee
				  British Journalist

	"I most definitely reject the monstrous assertions concerning
	 fur breeding in Scandinavia expressed from time to time by
	 some extremist organizations.  The assertions and pictures
	 which this writer has had the opportunity of seeing, and
	 which purport to descrive actual conditionss, must arouse
	 deepest indignation and have no place in reality.  Those
	 responsible for this misleading 'information' do themselves
	 little credit, and it seems perverse to assert that this is
	 being disseminated from a wish to protect animals."

				- Dr. Erhardt Fredericksen
				  [President of the Animal Welfare
				   Association in Denmark and the
				   Nordic Council for Animal Welfare
				   and a former director of the
				   World Society for the Protection
				   of Animals (WSPA)]

	"Unfortunately, simple solutions won't help us tackle many of
	 the serious longterm environmental problems we face today.
	 The task is not made much easier when people are led to
	 believe they can 'save' animals by contributing to a new and
	 flourishing business - The Protest Industry."

				- "Facts about furs!"
				   booklet from National Trapping Ass.

From the raspberry file (Phpthtpht!):

	"In war you have to take up arms and people will get killed ...
	 ... and there's no other way you can stop vivisectors."
				- Tim Daley,
				  British Union for the
				   Abolition of Vivisecton
				  [Manchester Guardian, 18, June 1986]

	The Humane Society of the United states condemns bacon and eggs as
		"The Breakfast of Cruelty."

	"We's have to pull down the big cities and return to small
	 communities, to make room for the animals to roam free... 
	 ...in any case, I'm an anarchist, so I see a society without
	 rules and prisons."

				- young woman interviewed by Polly Tonybee
				  in regards to the Animal Liberation Front
				  [Manchester Guardian, 10 June 1985]

swood

-- 
      ***** Last month to go shoot Fuzzy little bunnies!!! *****
             (sarcasm now people - put your flames away)
         (Crows may be taken out of season - see Hunting rules)
         <<<<<<  Only seven months until bow season!!! >>>>>>