Subject: Days of Action

From: [email-masked] (James Hoch)
Date: 21 Oct 1996 15:09:25 GMT

The Days of Action are here. This is a select list of activities:

TUESDAY, Oct. 22
* Health Rally 12 noon Wellesley & Bay
* Tent City Launch 1:00 pm Queen's Park

WEDNESDAY, Oct. 23
* "The Nonsense Revolution Exposed" 7:30 pm OISE Auditorium (252 Bloor St.
W.) a forum with Maude Barlow, James Laxer
* "Mike Harris the Musical" 7:30 pm Bloor Collegiate School (1141 Bloor St.
W.)

THURSDAY, Oct. 24:
* Privitization Environmental Protection 7:30 pm Steelworker's Hall (25 Cecil
St.), a panel discussion

***FRIDAY, Oct. 25***
"SHUT IT DOWN!"
* Picketing: 6:30 am on at Robarts, Sidney Smith, Simcoe Hall, and OISE
* Students, Faculty, Staff Assemble12:15 pm at Robarts Library, proceeding
to--
* Education Rally 1:00 pm Bay & Wellesley

NB Because the TTC & GO will almost certainly be shut down, check out local
actions in your area:
* North York 10 am North York Fights Back, meet at Hendon Park, marching down
Yonge St.
* North York City Hall 10:30 am, 5100 Yonge St. march to Sheppard and back
* East York 11:00 Civic Centre 850 Coxwell Ave. (at Mortimer)
* Etobicoke-Lakeshore MPP Morley Kells's Office 4:00 pm (3480 Lakeshore Blvd.
West)
* Downtown: Toronto Stock Exchange 11:30 am (Bay & King)
* Downtown: Party "Shutdown, Get Down" 8:00 pm at the "360", 326 Queen St.
West

****SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26 10:30 am gather at CNE area. This is the main
gathering spot. March up past Tory Convention to Queen's Park for a rally at
1:30.

A second gathering point for a shorter walk is: Nathan Phillips Square. This
is a better route for older people, people with children, and people with
disabilities.

James Hoch
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CampusLife - University of Toronto          http://www.campuslife.utoronto.ca
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------