Subject: Re: violence on network

From: [email-masked] (aaron.l.hoffmeyer)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1993 19:25:42 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:
>Hi, I'm new here.  

Yep.

>A few (male but that doesn't matter) friends on mine introduced me to UseNet 
                                              ^^^^^^^
Freudian.

>a while ago.  In particular they pointed out >REC.HUMOUR<, I was looking at 
>>REC.HUMOUR< yesterday and came across a particulary distrubing message under 
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Uh-huh.  Particulary distrubing.

>ACRONYMS.  This posting trivializes violence against women.  I replied back 
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Methinks mesmells a topic sentence.

>to the person who sent it but I think the more people who make a stink about 
                                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep.... Flatulence?  On the net?

>posting this kind of crap on the network the better.  The offending message 
>follows.  By the way you can e-mail me at [email-masked].

[repost header info deleted -- post on "stupid acronyms, such as]
>>>FORD- Fix or Repair Daily
>>>Any input is appreciated
>((I deleted some acronyms here))
>	
>*      Lufthansa       Let Us Fuck The Hostesses And Not Say Anything*
>*                      Let Us Fuck The Hostesses As No Stewards Available*
>       Pan Am          Pilots Are Not A Must
>       Sabena          Such A Bad Experience - Never Again	
>       TWA             Travel With Arabs
>                              Cars and Bikes
>       Dodge           Dangerous On Days Gears Engage
>
>((deleted some more acronyms here))
>
>       Paye            Pray As You Earn

Yes, this is truly a classic....

and distrubing.


>*      Women           Weird Obnoxious Male Enticing Nymphs*

>       BS              Bull Shit
>       MS              More Shit
>       PhD             Piled High & Deep

[etc.]

So, which one trivializes violence against women?  Dodge?  The one
referring to having intercourse with the hostesses?  Maybe you can
explain why I should care one iota what about some stupid, inane, even
a couple of sexist acronyms.  Wasn't there anything good on TV last
night?

Hey, why not counter this *obviously* misogynist list with some garbage
of your own?  Yes, for $25 per lesson I can teach you the fine art of
turning any word into a stupid acronym.  After one lesson you'll be
able to come up with such ditties as:

HOBO - Helpless Old Brown Owl

After several lessons, you'll find yourself creating topical acronyms,
like:

MAN - Many Aren't Nice
MEN - Most Eat Nails

And, if you complete the sixteen week course, you might find yourself
capable of jettisoning such cogent verities as:

MALES - Mean And Lazy Estrogen-deprived Scumbags

Just send 24 low, low, low monthly payments of $29.99 (or one lump-sum
payment of $200 for a savings of $700 off the regular list price) and I
will send you the easy instructions for applying for the complete
course.*   This is a limited time offer.  This offer will end soon and
will NOT be repeated.  Don't delay, send right away.  Send 24 monthly
payments of $29.99 to:

ACME-ACronyms Mean Enything
4719 Elm Street, Apt. 4G
Terre Haute, IN 47803

That's 24 payments of $29.99 to:

ACME-ACronyms Mean Enything
4719 Elm Street, Apt. 4G
Terre Haute, IN 47803

Aaron L. Hoffmeyer
[email-masked] 

* Include state tax and $4.93 for shipping and handling with your
order.  Please allow six to eight weeks for delivery.  ACME and all
ACME-affiliates are not responsible for losses or damages.  Offer not
valid in NY, RI, DE, CT, VI, WV, PA, NC, SC, GE, OH, KT, UT, WY, TN,
NV, CA, TX, AL, MI, MO, CO, NM, AK, AZ and SD.  Void where prohibited
by law.  Your mileage may vary.

P.S.  Next post:  Are You a HO?

Hopeless Orgasmic

No, seriously.... Next post:  Are you a gynecocrat?

P.P.S.  Hymen is the Greek GOD of marriage.

P.P.P.S.  GOD - Gal On Drugs

P.P.P.P.S.  Ah, the TV generation....